Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Obasanjo To Explain What Happen To $7 Billion Left Behind By Abacha- Al-mustapha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo To Explain What Happen To $7 Billion Left Behind By Abacha- Al-mustapha (1597 Views)

Obasanjo To Buhari: You Must Step On Toes Of Friends, Well-wishers / Al-Mustapha Floats Green Party Of Nigeria Ahead Of 2019 Elections / Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo To Explain What Happen To $7 Billion Left Behind By Abacha- Al-mustapha by Ebal: 4:09pm On May 31, 2016
Former Chief Security Officer (CSO) to the General Sani Abacha, Major Hamzat Al-Mustapha, has described the raging noise about Abacha’s loot by successive governments as a hoax and deliberate attempt by some powerful individuals to smear his name even in death.
Al-Mustapha who made the declaration at a media interaction at the Airport Hotel, Ikeja, Lagos, yesterday, explained that the monies being talked about were kept in foreign accounts to stave off the threat of sanction against the then military government by the international community in order that Nigeria could remain afloat....

The decision to do this, he said, was taken after due consultations with the relevant stakeholders. “During the time of Abacha, sanctions were threatened upon Nigeria. And at the request of some notable Nigerians, including traditional rulers, key politicians, and businessmen from the North and South, some modalities were taken to allow some monies to be saved in some foreign accounts abroad so that when sanctions come, that money will be able to keep Nigeria afloat. At that time, Chief Tom Ikime, was the foreign affairs minister.
“These stakeholders can still testify to what that money was meant for. And I can remember many of the big men who attended the Abuja meeting where this decision was taken. They were many that the council hall in the Villa could not contain them. There are many big men you can ask to get all these issues.
“The lodgments will show whether those monies were kept in his name before he became Head of State, and whether the monies were kept in his name after he became Head of State,” he added.

According to the Sun news, He accused those he described as untouchable Nigerians who Abacaha had to deal with in the face of the mounting opposition against his government of being responsible for the smear campaign.
“Gen Abacaha is dead, but those on whose toes he had stepped upon decided to invest in smearing his name. In Nigeria, over the decades, there were some Nigerians who were bigger than the law, bigger than security agencies, bigger than government in Nigeria. But during Abacha’s tenure, in the course of trying to remove him from office violently, Abacha had to defend himself and he allowed the law to take its course. Some notable Nigerians were arrested, they were tried and they never took it in good faith. They have still not forgiven Abacha even at death,” he declared.

According to him, the establishment of PTF (Petroleum Trust Fund) still remains a good testimony of the vision and prudency Abacha brought into the management of the nation’s resources during his regime.
“A that time, oil was $7 yet policies were taken, including PTF so that Nigeria could grow. Little as I was then, I created PTF and it worked,” he said.
Al-Mustapha challenged former President Olusegun Obasanjo to explain to Nigeria what he did with over $7 billion left behind by the late Abacha.

http://ebalsblog..co.uk/2016/05/obasanjo-to-explain-to-nigerians-what.html

Re: Obasanjo To Explain What Happen To $7 Billion Left Behind By Abacha- Al-mustapha by TippyTop(m): 4:11pm On May 31, 2016
Former Chief Security Officer (CSO) to the General Sani Abacha, Major Hamzat Al-Mustapha, has described the raging noise about Abacha’s loot by successive governments as a hoax and deliberate attempt by some powerful individuals to smear his name even in death
Bubu said the same thing, northerners are not corrupt only Southerners.
Re: Obasanjo To Explain What Happen To $7 Billion Left Behind By Abacha- Al-mustapha by Young03(m): 4:16pm On May 31, 2016
U better talk nw

no time to waste
Re: Obasanjo To Explain What Happen To $7 Billion Left Behind By Abacha- Al-mustapha by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 31, 2016
[b]Wait o!
Did Al Mustapha just claim he himself created PTF? undecided he must be losing his mind.

The man is a shameless self publicist, seems he has ambitions for political office one day.

Incidentally do not be fooled by his apparent defence of Abacha, he was the traitor that helped assassinate Abacha.

Abacha's death has his "fingerprints all over the crime scene" figuratively and probably also literally speaking.

However he is correct that Abacha was innocent of looting and was falsely accused in order to smear and discredit his name.

Question is why did he not speak up between 1998 and 2000 when the malicous campaign to demonise Abacha started.

This clown was kissing Thief Obasanjo arse all through his appearances at the Oputa panel around 2001 hoping it would help him regain his freedom, he was not prepared to defend Abacha then either.

Truth is Abacha was a good leader and did not loot, Thief Obasanjo on the other hand is huge thief and criminal.

Al Mustapha is a foolish clown that enemies of Nigeria America's CIA, IBB , Abdulsalami Abubakar (IBB's relation) and Thief Obasanjo used to regain power and ruin Nigeria.

This guy is desperately trying to get attention in order to sell some books right now.[/b]
Ebal:

According to him, the establishment of PTF (Petroleum Trust Fund) still remains a good testimony of the vision and prudency Abacha brought into the management of the nation’s resources during his regime.
“A that time, oil was $7 yet policies were taken, including PTF so that Nigeria could grow. Little as I was then, I created PTF and it worked,” he said.
Al-Mustapha challenged former President Olusegun Obasanjo to explain to Nigeria what he did with over $7 billion left behind by the late Abacha.
Re: Obasanjo To Explain What Happen To $7 Billion Left Behind By Abacha- Al-mustapha by ckmayoca: 4:25pm On May 31, 2016
Everyday diff story. Secrete full this country, Which one we go believe?
Re: Obasanjo To Explain What Happen To $7 Billion Left Behind By Abacha- Al-mustapha by krasican(m): 4:33pm On May 31, 2016
He needs to explain o.but d source name sha ebalsblog..co.uk blog blog everywhere
Re: Obasanjo To Explain What Happen To $7 Billion Left Behind By Abacha- Al-mustapha by Tobyshegz(m): 4:35pm On May 31, 2016
Where is Nigeria heading to??, or do we wanna end up like Cliff hanger??
Re: Obasanjo To Explain What Happen To $7 Billion Left Behind By Abacha- Al-mustapha by AhmadMind: 4:43pm On May 31, 2016

My Guy waszzz your beef with Obj ....abi EFCC dey find you??

Ebal:
Former Chief Security Officer (CSO) to the General Sani Abacha, Major Hamzat Al-Mustapha, has described the raging noise about Abacha’s loot by successive governments as a hoax and deliberate attempt by some powerful individuals to smear his name even in death.
Al-Mustapha who made the declaration at a media interaction at the Airport Hotel, Ikeja, Lagos, yesterday, explained that the monies being talked about were kept in foreign accounts to stave off the threat of sanction against the then military government by the international community in order that Nigeria could remain afloat....

The decision to do this, he said, was taken after due consultations with the relevant stakeholders. “During the time of Abacha, sanctions were threatened upon Nigeria. And at the request of some notable Nigerians, including traditional rulers, key politicians, and businessmen from the North and South, some modalities were taken to allow some monies to be saved in some foreign accounts abroad so that when sanctions come, that money will be able to keep Nigeria afloat. At that time, Chief Tom Ikime, was the foreign affairs minister.
“These stakeholders can still testify to what that money was meant for. And I can remember many of the big men who attended the Abuja meeting where this decision was taken. They were many that the council hall in the Villa could not contain them. There are many big men you can ask to get all these issues.
“The lodgments will show whether those monies were kept in his name before he became Head of State, and whether the monies were kept in his name after he became Head of State,” he added.

According to the Sun news, He accused those he described as untouchable Nigerians who Abacaha had to deal with in the face of the mounting opposition against his government of being responsible for the smear campaign.
“Gen Abacaha is dead, but those on whose toes he had stepped upon decided to invest in smearing his name. In Nigeria, over the decades, there were some Nigerians who were bigger than the law, bigger than security agencies, bigger than government in Nigeria. But during Abacha’s tenure, in the course of trying to remove him from office violently, Abacha had to defend himself and he allowed the law to take its course. Some notable Nigerians were arrested, they were tried and they never took it in good faith. They have still not forgiven Abacha even at death,” he declared.

[size=28pt] Obj is the Greatest and MOST Patriotic Nigerian alive today!![/size]

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Explain What Happen To $7 Billion Left Behind By Abacha- Al-mustapha by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 31, 2016
This is the legacy of the drunkard and his ambition. This thug and fayose had been rightly relegated to the dustbin of Nigeria's history until the dunce from Otuoke gave them a new lease in the public space.
Re: Obasanjo To Explain What Happen To $7 Billion Left Behind By Abacha- Al-mustapha by Terry68: 5:01pm On May 31, 2016
I see this like another fiction tales.

My opinion though
Re: Obasanjo To Explain What Happen To $7 Billion Left Behind By Abacha- Al-mustapha by 989900: 5:08pm On May 31, 2016
Shut up already, Major!
Re: Obasanjo To Explain What Happen To $7 Billion Left Behind By Abacha- Al-mustapha by manutdrichie(m): 5:47pm On May 31, 2016
It was Abdulsalam that took over from Obj, not defending OBJ though bc that ape is a crook
Re: Obasanjo To Explain What Happen To $7 Billion Left Behind By Abacha- Al-mustapha by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:01pm On May 31, 2016
GenBuhari:
[b]Wait o!
Did Al Mustapha just claim he himself created PTF? undecided he must be losing his mind.

The man is a shameless self publicist, seems he has ambitions for political office one day.

Incidentally do not be fooled by his apparent defence of Abacha, he was the traitor that helped assassinate Abacha.

Abacha's death has his "fingerprints all over the crime scene" figuratively and probably also literally speaking.

However he is correct that Abacha was innocent of looting and was falsely accused in order to smear and discredit his name.

Question is why did he not speak up between 1998 and 2000 when the malicous campaign to demonise Abacha started.

This clown was kissing Thief Obasanjo arse all through his appearances at the Oputa panel around 2001 hoping it would help him regain his freedom, he was not prepared to defend Abacha then either.

Truth is Abacha was a good leader and did not loot, Thief Obasanjo on the other hand is huge thief and criminal.

Al Mustapha is a foolish clown that enemies of Nigeria America's CIA, IBB , Abdulsalami Abubakar (IBB's relation) and Thief Obasanjo used to regain power and ruin Nigeria.

This guy is desperately trying to get attention in order to sell some books right now.[/b]

Can you share any article that links Al Mustapha to the death of Gen. Abacha?

He said this in 2011. It is not much different in what he is saying concerning M. K. O. Abiola.

He said: “My incarceration was as a result of a script written and acted out by former Head of State, General Abubakar to further keep me in prison.

“First were the events that happened after the murder of General Abacha and late Chief MKO Abiola and for fear that I may divulge information that led to their death, they had to keep me in prison.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/i-ve-video-evidence-on-murder-of-abacha-abiola-al-mustapha/

I do not see Al-Mustapha as one who was just quiet throughout. I think he did no reveal much because he was in Prison.
Re: Obasanjo To Explain What Happen To $7 Billion Left Behind By Abacha- Al-mustapha by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:08pm On May 31, 2016
GenBuhari:
[b]Wait o!

By the way, you are not sure whose idea PTF was to tag his statement a lie. He was close to Gen. Abacha and it is possible he might have nurtured the idea
Re: Obasanjo To Explain What Happen To $7 Billion Left Behind By Abacha- Al-mustapha by Gentlesniper(m): 7:36pm On May 31, 2016
AhmadMind:

My Guy waszzz your beef with Obj ....abi EFCC dey find you??

[size=28pt] Obj is the Greatest and MOST Patriotic Nigerian alive today!![/size]
lol, maybe I think there is now a new meaning for the word patriotism. OBJ is the greatest Nigerian crook alive, he had the opportunity to mend this nation but instead he made tings worst. Al mustapha onced challenged him to a public debate, so what is he waiting for?
Re: Obasanjo To Explain What Happen To $7 Billion Left Behind By Abacha- Al-mustapha by SuperS1Panther: 7:40pm On May 31, 2016
Abdulsalam took over from the dead Abacha and not OBJ and he was president for 9months.

OBJ met USD3bn in the coffers.

Abdulsalam was the greatest avaricious looter we ever had, considering the amount looted and the time spent in power.

The inglorious Al Mustapha should gerraoutofhere with his conspiracy theory. When Abacha was in power, he was a demi-god and an authority onto himself. Has he forgotten how his strike squad was planting bombs all over SW, how they attempted Abraham Adesanya's life 3ce, how they murdered Kudirat Abiola and how they attempted Ibru;s life. Ibru lost an eye in the attack.

In all of it, God is greater than man and power is temporal and ephemeral.

Abacha was so prudent that we are recovering his loots 18years after his shameful death. Seems AL Mustapha is sick upstairs and impotent downstairs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo To Explain What Happen To $7 Billion Left Behind By Abacha- Al-mustapha by moshmusth(m): 7:43pm On May 31, 2016
Al- Mustapha speak on let's hear more
Re: Obasanjo To Explain What Happen To $7 Billion Left Behind By Abacha- Al-mustapha by Histrings08(m): 7:48pm On May 31, 2016
I wish you'll release that book soon... We all wanna know what happened
Re: Obasanjo To Explain What Happen To $7 Billion Left Behind By Abacha- Al-mustapha by oduastates: 8:59pm On May 31, 2016
This is one of the criminals released by Jonathan to spite the SW.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Explain What Happen To $7 Billion Left Behind By Abacha- Al-mustapha by julioralph(m): 9:07pm On May 31, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
Abdulsalam took over from the dead Abacha and not OBJ and he was president for 9months.

OBJ met USD3bn in the coffers.

Abdulsalam was the greatest avaricious looter we ever had, considering the amount looted and the time spent in power.

The inglorious Al Mustapha should gerraoutofhere with his conspiracy theory. When Abacha was in power, he was a demi-god and an authority onto himself. Has he forgotten how his strike squad was planting bombs all over SW, how they attempted Abraham Adesanya's life 3ce, how they murdered Kudirat Abiola and how they attempted Ibru;s life. Ibru lost an eye in the attack.

In all of it, God is greater than man and power is temporal and ephemeral.

Abacha was so prudent that we are recovering his loots 18years after his shameful death. Seems AL Mustapha is sick upstairs and impotent downstairs.

cheesy dats his own personal reward for handing power back to a civilian govt.
Re: Obasanjo To Explain What Happen To $7 Billion Left Behind By Abacha- Al-mustapha by buharisbae(f): 10:02pm On May 31, 2016
hehe that yo.robber chimpanzee must vomit our yam oo?
Re: Obasanjo To Explain What Happen To $7 Billion Left Behind By Abacha- Al-mustapha by Nobody: 1:14am On Jun 01, 2016
[size=18pt]Thief Obasanjo is the most unpatriotic and biggest looter Africa has ever seen[/size]
AhmadMind:

[s] My Guy waszzz your beef with Obj ....abi EFCC dey find you??

[size=18pt] Obj is the Greatest and MOST Patriotic Nigerian alive today!!
[/s]
Re: Obasanjo To Explain What Happen To $7 Billion Left Behind By Abacha- Al-mustapha by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 02, 2016
He never just said it was his idea according to the story, (and there is some doubt whether it is true) he claims he created PTF. Now that's a joke right?
TheGoodJoe:

By the way, you are not sure whose idea PTF was to tag his statement a lie. He was close to Gen. Abacha and it is possible he might have nurtured the idea
Re: Obasanjo To Explain What Happen To $7 Billion Left Behind By Abacha- Al-mustapha by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 02, 2016
From my deductions from what witnesses said about Abacha's death including what Al Mustapha said himself, I make Al Mustapha the chief suspect.
Nobody else as far as I know had ever publicly linked him to Abacha's killing, but the circumstantial evidence against him is huge in my own humble opinion.

There were some months between Abacha's death and Al Mustapha's imprisonment, and within days of Abacha's death General Abubakar had already began probing " Abacha loot", Al Mustapha never spoke up at that time. This shows he is not truely a supporter of Abacha and that his loyalties were with Abacha's enemies -Abubakar and the IBB camp at that time.

Even after his imprisonment he had ample opportunities to defend Abacha's legacy during his few appearances at the Oputa panel around 2001 but he was more interested in sucking up to Thief Obasanjo maybe in the mistaken belief that Thief O. would release him.
TheGoodJoe:

Can you share any article that links Al Mustapha to the death of Gen. Abacha?

He said this in 2011. It is not much different in what he is saying concerning M. K. O. Abiola.

He said: “My incarceration was as a result of a script written and acted out by former Head of State, General Abubakar to further keep me in prison.

“First were the events that happened after the murder of General Abacha and late Chief MKO Abiola and for fear that I may divulge information that led to their death, they had to keep me in prison.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/i-ve-video-evidence-on-murder-of-abacha-abiola-al-mustapha/

I do not see Al-Mustapha as one who was just quiet throughout. I think he did no reveal much because he was in Prison.

(1) (Reply)

We’ve Injected $2.4bn Into The Economy To Drag Nigeria Out Of Recession — Buhari / An Open Letter To Bola Tinubu By Don Dotun Seun / Oyegun Is A Liar, APC Spokesman Dares Him To Publish NWC Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.