Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Live On BBC Africa: Biafra Seccessionists Killed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Live On BBC Africa: Biafra Seccessionists Killed (2739 Views)

"Wetin Dem Know Wey Be Biafra?" - Obasanjo Speaks On Agitation On BBC (video) / The Man Fighting For The Independence Of West Africa's Biafra - Nnamdi Kanu / Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Live On BBC Africa: Biafra Seccessionists Killed by ProfDumbledor(m): 4:16pm On May 31, 2016
Death toll rises after pro-Biafra protests
Posted at 15:25
AFP
Emeka Ojukwu led the attempt to create a separate state in the south-east

At least 10 pro-Biafra supporters were killed during protests on Monday as they marked the anniversary of the 1967 declaration of their breakaway republic, according to Nigerian police, AFP news agency reports.

A police spokesman in Anambra state told AFP that five bodies had been recovered in Onitsha town, adding to the five already confirmed dead from the violence in Asaba (see earlier entry), which lies just across the other side of the River Niger.

Two police officers were also killed in Asaba.

Police say that protesters from the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) movement opened fire on them first, forcing them to retaliate.

IPOB denies this and says that least 35 members of the group were killed in Onitsha alone on Monday.

Our Facebook readers have rallied to the defence of Biafra protesters after Nigeria's police chief accused them of carrying out "premeditated attacks" and vowed to disarm them (see our earlier posts).

Here is a sample of views, starting with those of Agbo Anayochukwu:

Biafrans are peaceful people, but Nigeria's security agents have been infringing on our rights as indigenous people. They have killed Biafrans in cold blood. No matter the intimidation, Biafra must be achieved."

Deadly Biafra protests
Posted at 10:18
BBC

At least seven people were killed on Monday in the eastern Nigerian city of Asaba during clashes between pro-Biafra secessionists and security forces, the Associated Press news agency reports.

Five civilians and two police officers were killed when violence broke out at a demonstration calling for Biafran independence, according to police in Delta state.

More than a million people died in the civil war between 1967-1970, in which the army fought to prevent the east of the country breaking away to form the independent state of Biafra.

Members of the Movement for the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) told media that the death toll was higher than that given by police.

The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), the other main secessionist group, also held demonstrations on Monday (30 May), the date of Biafra' declaration of independence in 1967.

There is currently a resurgence of support for the campaign to create the breakaway state.

Obinna Onyekwere adds:

These men were unarmed. They only gathered in churches and schools to remember and pray for the souls of their departed heroes. Why will Nigerians always go for soft targets? They are only encouraging these men to arm themselves next time."

Gerald Onyekachi Ugwuanyi is also critical of the police response:

These guys are not armed. They are peaceful protesters. The Nigerian government is just trying to justify their crimes against this group by painting them black. By the way, the BBC never reported the protests."

follow the live commentaries here:
http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-africa-36175490

1 Like

Re: Live On BBC Africa: Biafra Seccessionists Killed by socialmediaman: 4:17pm On May 31, 2016
Nigeria used to be a peaceful nation. Nepotism and Corruption mostly killed the peace because they brought about poverty, unemployment, high cost of living, illiteracy and underdevelopment etc.

1 Like

Re: Live On BBC Africa: Biafra Seccessionists Killed by ckmayoca: 4:18pm On May 31, 2016
E don do now.
Re: Live On BBC Africa: Biafra Seccessionists Killed by CltrAltDel: 4:23pm On May 31, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Live On BBC Africa: Biafra Seccessionists Killed by abdul4new(m): 4:46pm On May 31, 2016
Biafra my foot...... One NIGERIA I stand.....
Re: Live On BBC Africa: Biafra Seccessionists Killed by Ooni: 4:52pm On May 31, 2016
CltrAltDel:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2972776_screenshot20151018211701_png014d2843ed7396d085e4b9d0ac5e8783
you might think you are doing us good but most of we yoruba are being disgraced by acts like yours.

Watch other ethnic groups and see how many that are mad over Ibos and their Biafra like we yorubas.

What a shame

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Live On BBC Africa: Biafra Seccessionists Killed by asorocker: 4:53pm On May 31, 2016
Cant ipob for once get sense ??
Re: Live On BBC Africa: Biafra Seccessionists Killed by CltrAltDel: 4:55pm On May 31, 2016
[s]
Ooni:
you might think you are doing us good but most of we yoruba are being disgraced by acts like yours.

Watch other ethnic groups and see how many that are mad over Ibos and their Biafra like we yorubas.

What a shame
[/s]
You aint Yoruba....be proud of your tribe......I-fool yoot
Next!!!
Edit:just went through some of your post...dude, you dont know how to be an impostor...all your post of full of "we yoruba".......stop trying hard to be what you are not......YOU ARE NOTHING BUT AN IFOOL YOOT

3 Likes

Re: Live On BBC Africa: Biafra Seccessionists Killed by BudeYahooCom: 5:01pm On May 31, 2016
There is no way this wound will heal and there is no way nigeria will last forever. Even the fulani know this!

2 Likes

Re: Live On BBC Africa: Biafra Seccessionists Killed by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 31, 2016
asorocker:
Cant ipob for once get sense ??

What prompted you to ask that, if I may ask?

1 Like

Re: Live On BBC Africa: Biafra Seccessionists Killed by Ooni: 5:23pm On May 31, 2016
CltrAltDel:
[s][/s]
Next!!!
Edit:just went through some of your post...dude, you dont know how to be an impostor...all your post of full of "we yoruba".......stop trying hard to be what you are not......YOU ARE NOTHING BUT AN IFOOL YOOT
if you like call me Zulu all i know is that i've told you the truth as a brother

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Live On BBC Africa: Biafra Seccessionists Killed by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 31, 2016
CltrAltDel:
[s][/s]
Next!!!

What will you gain by him being a yoruba or not? how do you know he is not a yoruba man, assumption? is it because he doesn't share the same idealogy with you.

Not all the yorubas wish to remain in this pathetic country called nigeria, a nation where nothing works well for the poor man on the street.

5 Likes

Re: Live On BBC Africa: Biafra Seccessionists Killed by Vomm: 6:11pm On May 31, 2016
Na wah ooooooo
Re: Live On BBC Africa: Biafra Seccessionists Killed by CltrAltDel: 7:14pm On May 31, 2016
[s]
BeastAmbition:

What will you gain by him being a yoruba or not? how do you know he is not a yoruba man, assumption? is it because he doesn't share the same idealogy with you.

Not all the yorubas wish to remain in this pathetic country called nigeria, a nation where nothing works well for the poor man on the street.
[/s]
Trash 1
Re: Live On BBC Africa: Biafra Seccessionists Killed by CltrAltDel: 7:16pm On May 31, 2016
[s]
Ooni:
if you like call me Zulu all i know is that i've told you the truth as a brother
[/s]
Trash 2
Trash 1=ur other moniker

Waiting for ur 3rd moniker so I can trash it too
Re: Live On BBC Africa: Biafra Seccessionists Killed by buharisbae(f): 10:15pm On May 31, 2016
CltrAltDel:
[s][/s]
Next!!!

so u noticed the iPad too! gosh all his post sounds like an iPad yoot he's just an imposter trying so hard thank God u bursted his bubble

1 Like

Re: Live On BBC Africa: Biafra Seccessionists Killed by jlinkd78(m): 11:01pm On May 31, 2016
f
Re: Live On BBC Africa: Biafra Seccessionists Killed by Dymaco(m): 11:51pm On May 31, 2016
abdul4new:
Biafra my foot...... One NIGERIA I stand.....

i no blame you.....

go and shine my shoe
Re: Live On BBC Africa: Biafra Seccessionists Killed by todayboy: 12:06am On Jun 01, 2016
Why the mode is not banning people who post this kind on inciteful post
Re: Live On BBC Africa: Biafra Seccessionists Killed by Nobody: 12:45am On Jun 01, 2016
buharisbae:

so u noticed the iPad too! gosh all his post sounds like an iPad yoot he's just an imposter trying so hard thank God u bursted his bubble

You look really beautiful, please try and complement your beauty with sense.

A touch of beauty in itself is nothing except it is being coupled with good character, wisdom and understanding.
Re: Live On BBC Africa: Biafra Seccessionists Killed by buharisbae(f): 12:54am On Jun 01, 2016
BeastAmbition:

You look really beautiful, please try and complement your beauty with sense.

A touch of beauty in itself is nothing except it is being coupled with good character, wisdom and understanding.

so ya crying bcuz I said iPad or? what's ur point exactly? undecided

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKING: Boko Haram Terrorist Makes Confession, Reveals ALL Shekau’s Secrets / Man Who Knelt Down For Kanu Explains Himself (pics) / The Three Deadliest Drone Powers In Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.