Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,522 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act (19204 Views)

Osinbajo Appoints Chairman, Members For Code Of Conduct Bureau / Saraki At The Code Of Conduct Tribunal For False Asset Declaration (photos) / Saraki Loses As Code Of Conduct Tribunal Refuses To Quash Corruption Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by iretiland: 6:39pm On May 31, 2016
Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by EzeNri(m): 6:39pm On May 31, 2016
tchaik:
It is high time. I guess the Saraki situation made them to sit up. Even the so called amendment is not complete yet. The Tribunal should totally be under the Judiciary and not the Presidency.

The amendment moved it to the National Assembly. Moving it to the Judiciary is tantamount to having it within the Presidency.
Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 31, 2016
texazzpete:

you must be joking.

This whole act is geared towards crippling those institutions (or at least ensuring that the Senators and Reps escape any censure by the CCB.

I hope Buhari vetoes this
I was expecting someone to talk about the independence of the judicgary. The legislators decided to transfered the power to appoint or replace from the executive to themselve there by controlling the judiciary. We should champion for the independence of the judiciary. The other amendment is not only for the legislators. It also include the executive and it officers.
Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 31, 2016
Good move
Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by masseratti: 6:45pm On May 31, 2016
tchaik:
It is high time. I guess the Saraki situation made them to sit up. Even the so called amendment is not complete yet. The Tribunal should totally be under the Judiciary and not the Presidency.

but They put it under the N/A
Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by sanusidabo: 6:46pm On May 31, 2016
Gang of fraudsters I pray May Allah to destroy all your evils plan. Amin
Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by masseratti: 6:51pm On May 31, 2016
EzeNri:

The amendment moved it to the National Assembly. Moving it to the Judiciary is tantamount to having it within the Presidency.
how? cant they have it under the NJC? the national assembly is really a problematic institution, better still make it independent like inec and cbn.
Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by OlujobaSamuel: 6:52pm On May 31, 2016
wetin national assembly know about law to be the one to decide the judge and his crew, if na njc now, e for better. we better start shouting now so pmb vetoes it and not just hope in vain, because I don't even trust that his agf(malami) for once, he is also having political interest with the way I see him.
Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by DedeNkem: 6:52pm On May 31, 2016
Corrupt politicians always changing the rules to please themselves.
Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by EzeNri(m): 6:54pm On May 31, 2016
#IStandWithTheNass on this. Do same to EFCC, strengthen the commission and make it totally independent with the power to appoint officials vested in the Judiciary and the power to remove to them vested in a special joint session of the Nass. The independence should include the power to send their budget directly to the Nass and not through the Presidency, and all senior officers should be granted immunity from any form of arrest throughout the period in office. They will be called into action through public petition and not directive of any entity.
Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by Chiboboski: 6:54pm On May 31, 2016
The amendment is for clarity purposes and to avoid unnessary litigations that over burden the CCT. If there is serious infraction against the act and seen to be criminal, the CCB should charge the person to the court. It can only save the light ofender who could claim error espesially in anticipatory accet declarations if the person is still in office.This amendment is not far reaching and at best a window dressing because these investigations are largely carried out after the officials have left their offices. If the bereau is investigating somebody who had already left office and foreclosed his accet declaration, what good would his invitation be if found to have compromised?
Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by EzeNri(m): 6:56pm On May 31, 2016
masseratti:
how? cant they have it under the NJC? the national assembly is really a problematic institution, better still make it independent like inec and cbn.
Those institutions are not even independent. The presidency can pressure any of them.
Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by flokii: 6:57pm On May 31, 2016
DedeNkem:
Corrupt politicians always changing the rules to please themselves.

Bfor nko?

They wnt please d masses na.. Hope d anticorruption bill passes too
Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by jcflex(m): 7:07pm On May 31, 2016
midolian:
To me, this is no biggie. Its just the way its supposed to be. It doesn't mean the person concerned can't be referred to the tribunal after his/her explanation.

This is how I see it..."Firefire, you took what does not belong to you..you better return it b4 I take you to court..and then you explained what happened in a defensive manner..if I am not satisfied, I may still choose to take u to court."

I just see this as a way of telling the suspect to get ready for the tribunal.

but must be time bond, if not

it will lead to another technical fault, which offender will capitalize on.

they might choose not to respond to CCB, since it not time bond, and when CCB take them to court, they will complaint of CCB not giving them adequate time to reply.

1 Like

Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by undigeh: 7:11pm On May 31, 2016
worlexy:
Good move. This will reduce the witch-hunting power of the Executive on their "enemies"

Is not just reducing but bringing the institution under direct control of the National Assembly.
No more fear for corruption by NASS members.
Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by lonelydora: 7:21pm On May 31, 2016
midolian:
To me, this is no biggie. Its just the way its supposed to be. It doesn't mean the person concerned can't be referred to the tribunal after his/her explanation.

This is how I see it..."Firefire, you took what does not belong to you..you better return it b4 I take you to court..and then you explained what happened in a defensive manner..if I am not satisfied, I may still choose to take u to court."

Exactly. Gbam

1 Like

Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by tbaba1234: 7:52pm On May 31, 2016
The bill will not get signed.
Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by Opharhe: 8:10pm On May 31, 2016
Thescienceprof:
Substituting the word "presidency" with "the National Assembly" is going to raise a lot of dust. The president will definitely not give his assent to this amendment
The National assembly can still pass it into law without the President anyway. That's if the President vetoes.
Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by Amanwulu1(m): 8:23pm On May 31, 2016
mikolo80:
why you should vote for better politician
pls whr can they b found?
Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by basadenet: 8:31pm On May 31, 2016
Thescienceprof:
Substituting the word "presidency" with "the National Assembly" is going to raise a lot of dust. The president will definitely not give his assent to this amendment
The constitution stipulated that if the President refuses to a bill to law within 90days, the house can override him and accent to and it automatically becomes law.
Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by worlexy(m): 8:49pm On May 31, 2016
undigeh:

Is not just reducing but bringing the institution under direct control of the National Assembly.
No more fear for corruption by NASS members.
Yeah. But don't forget that they are not covered by immunity so if there's concrete evidence against them, they can be prosecuted
Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 31, 2016
Legislooters!
Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by ceaser: 9:56pm On May 31, 2016
EzeNri:
#IStandWithTheNass on this. Do same to EFCC, strengthen the commission and make it totally independent with the power to appoint officials vested in the Judiciary and the power to remove to them vested in a special joint session of the Nass. The independence should include the power to send their budget directly to the Nass and not through the Presidency, and all senior officers should be granted immunity from any form of arrest throughout the period in office. They will be called into action through public petition and not directive of any entity.

Did you even read what you typed? Everything you wrote they is tantamount to disarming the house owner and arming the armed robber leaving the former at the mercy of the latter.

But why should I be surprised? After all you are EzeNri. You will gladly support anything that threatens the entity called Nigeria. Sadly for you, it doesn't work that way.

1 Like

Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by MrSly(m): 11:06pm On May 31, 2016
midolian:
As long as the amendment won't halt Saraki's trial, I am satisfied.
typically gullible nigerian. they told you it wont halt you re happy. yes it wont halt it but will largely influence in Saraki's favour
Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by MrSly(m): 11:07pm On May 31, 2016
midolian:
As long as the amendment won't halt Saraki's trial, I am satisfied.
typically gullible nigerian. they told you it wont halt it n you re happy. yes it wont halt it but will largely influence it in Saraki's favour
Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by sunshine1974(m): 11:42pm On May 31, 2016
Dannyset:
Chai.......Saraki working assiduously to reduce his jail term.
If he escaped in Nigeria, we will send him to Senegal to partner the Chad Dictator that was sentenced to life imprisonment.

Crazy set of people in our Legislative arm!
Na u wan send am go prison? Mtchewwww
Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by mikolo80: 4:23am On Jun 01, 2016
Amanwulu1:
pls whr can they b found?
you nko
Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by cooooooks(m): 5:51am On Jun 01, 2016
Or the defendant can explain in court.

midolian:

Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by Nobody: 6:42am On Jun 01, 2016
texazzpete:

you must be joking.

This whole act is geared towards crippling those institutions (or at least ensuring that the Senators and Reps escape any censure by the CCB.

I hope Buhari vetoes this
The NASS can override Buhari's veto by a 2/3 majority vote in both houses.
Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by Maghan37: 7:23am On Jun 01, 2016
lwise:
There is God ooo ,chai
Saraki is finishhed. But is manhood lives on. grin Anyway I did not expect anyless 4rm thieves.
Re: House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act by adanny01(m): 7:46am On Jun 01, 2016
midolian:

You took what doesnt belong to you, you have stolen, the only place to go is the court not to come and ask you to explain. Who is going to listen to the explanation if not a judge?

The law does not give room to apologies or re-steps. If you steal and you are caught, the law should not excuse you to go and return the stolen item then come back and claim no crime was commited. This ammendment is a perfect tool to kill the CCB and CCT.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abdullah Yusuf Diverted Benue Palliatives To Kano - Benue State Government / Happy 76th Birthday To President Buhari, His Profile And Biography / Amaechi Vs Abe: APC Crisis In Rivers Gets Worse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.