Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,900 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. (73040 Views)

Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live / Nigerian Tribes And States Where They Live / Tribes And Their Best Occupation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Kirigidi(m): 8:12pm On May 31, 2016
donsteady:
Your list is not complete without my tribe.
Please include Okpe.... Delta state

Click like if you are from Okpe Kingdom let's see how many okpe we have here
I'm frm Okpe (frm Okurikpehre, near Okuokoko) but Okpe is a dialect under d Urhobo language just as u hav Uvwie as an Urhobo dialect. Okpe is one of d sub-groups which constitute d Urhobo Nation. Omizu me! Okpe wadoo! Okpe Agbameni! Isiagware, iya!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Abrakhan: 8:13pm On May 31, 2016
whirlwind7:
Fulani is not in the list, so how come they are one of the major tribes in the north?
Did you omit it?

Bubu will not be happy about this.
Check 119.
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Ooni: 8:13pm On May 31, 2016
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by osusuallstars: 8:15pm On May 31, 2016
This is nonsense. Incomplete
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 31, 2016
airsaylongcon:

I didn't talk about Ika. Ọza is made of Yorùbá people. The language may be fading but when you hear those who can speak it what you hear is distinctly Yoruba

ok. I'm seeing this oza for the first time sha. Please which state is it domiciled?
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by chaberry(m): 8:15pm On May 31, 2016
Engrpj:
No. 78 Chibok is from Borno NOT Yobe..... Proudly Chibok Kibaku
Chaii! Have Buhary find your missing sisters his foot soldiers kidnapped?
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by mrbillz(m): 8:16pm On May 31, 2016
WHERE IS AKOKO?
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by ify84(m): 8:16pm On May 31, 2016
donsteady:
Your list is not complete without my tribe.
Please include Okpe.... Delta state

Click like if you are from Okpe Kingdom let's see how many okpe we have here

Uhrobo and okpe are one jaree...

4 Likes

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Dainikel(m): 8:16pm On May 31, 2016
I have always said it that Nigeria & Papua New Guinea are the worst hit countries of the tower of babel drama! sad
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by kjnr(m): 8:17pm On May 31, 2016
number 152 are not found in plateau. But in kaduna, abuja, niger, nassarawa, taraba. but it a nice and great composition
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Ooni: 8:19pm On May 31, 2016
Pprovost:

hahahahaha hahahahaha cheesy grin cheesy

cheesy grin

Even the devil know that you are an Igbo guy from Anambra cool

Is that one of your monikers

Find something better to do with your life biko cool
if you like believe your friend the devil. Everybody knows the devil is a liar.
I've told to you the truth.

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 31, 2016
Kirigidi:
I'm frm Okpe (frm Okurikpehre, near Okuokoko) but Okpe is a dialect under d Urhobo language just as u hav Uvwie as an Urhobo dialect. Okpe is one of d sub-groups which constitute d Urhobo Nation. Omizu me! Okpe wadoo! Okpe Agbameni! Isiagware, iya!!
wait a minute but Urhobo people are Edos even the language.
In my opinion, Urhobo, Isoko, Bini, Eshan should come together and form A Big EDO TRIBE.
why are you guys dividing yourselves?

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by donsteady(m): 8:21pm On May 31, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Okpe is Urhobo. Live with that and stop trying to split Urhobo
Trust me I don't know. Thanks

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by donsteady(m): 8:21pm On May 31, 2016
moststylish:
which way guy Okpe and Urhobo plus Effurun are one na
Thank you. I know befor

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Nayok(m): 8:22pm On May 31, 2016
Ravenna:
You try sha, but where is ;Fulani & Ijebu?!
Pmb and Pyo won't be happy o.

Fulani is there, op write it as pulani. And Ijebu is under yoruba as a tribe not dialect. U grab?
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by nijanigga: 8:22pm On May 31, 2016
What of Kanuri ?
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by glogirlie(f): 8:23pm On May 31, 2016
Yala is in cross river n not benue... No sell us out. U try sha
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by ceejay4real(m): 8:24pm On May 31, 2016
Ooni:
next time learn to comment without quoting a whole article. At least for the sake of sane readers.

Are you sure you are sane? It's like you are learning to be saucy, isn't it? Why cldnt u address the theme of my post instead of chasing shadows? Well, am not really surprised most Yoruba peeps I know are very foul mouthed!
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by AjaanaOka(m): 8:24pm On May 31, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Ọza is made of Yorùbá people. The language may be fading but when you hear those who can speak it what you hear is distinctly Yoruba

Strange. Are you Oza? The Oza I know is more or less a dialect of the Bini language.
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by chaberry(m): 8:25pm On May 31, 2016
Victorvexz:
And yeebos go they behave like say they be d only tribe for 9ja, always shouting marginalization, even the hundreds of minority tribes do not disturb and make noise the way yeebos do.
You shouldn't be surprise because one Igbo man's live worth more than thousands from any other tribe

You too knows

2 Likes

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by ceejay4real(m): 8:25pm On May 31, 2016
Ooni:
next time learn to comment without quoting a whole article. At least for the sake of sane readers.

Are you sure you are sane? It's like you are learning to be saucy, isn't it? Why cldnt u address the theme of my post instead of chasing shadows? Well, am not really surprised most Yoruba peeps I know are very foul mouthed! It sure is deep rooted in your DNA!
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by cornel994(m): 8:26pm On May 31, 2016
Op o...ekoi it's a tribe in Etung and Ejagham is the language of d ekoi tribe
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Hendobox: 8:27pm On May 31, 2016
and so we have 371 problems in Nigeria cry
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Skmoda360(m): 8:28pm On May 31, 2016
emerged01:
So no other tribes within Yoruba states. Lovely!!! Sometimes all these tribes bring confusion. My opinion sha!
have you gone thru ondo state.
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by thugthang(m): 8:29pm On May 31, 2016
Op get your fact right about pansor.they are from cameroun
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by tammie24: 8:30pm On May 31, 2016
whirlwind7:
Fulani is not in the list, so how come they are one of the major tribes in the north?
Did you omit it?

Bubu will not be happy about this.
it was named pulani
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by vonn(f): 8:31pm On May 31, 2016
GossipHeart:
The most successful, most educated, the tribe with the highest number of millionaires, the most peaceful tribe.

Guess what tribe

Ibos
IGBO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by tammie24: 8:31pm On May 31, 2016
cornel994:
Op o...ekoi it's a tribe in Etung and Ejagham is the language of d ekoi tribe
Are you from Etung?
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Idrhas(m): 8:32pm On May 31, 2016
very incomplete list, so op grouped Ijebu, Igbominna, Saki, Egba, etc under Yoruba

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by thaoriginator: 8:32pm On May 31, 2016
@ Chartey, what of Maguzawa from Kano, Jigawa, Gombe, etc?
#TeamMagu
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Dething: 8:34pm On May 31, 2016
WebSurfer:
i thought there was some izons or ijaw in Edo state tho

No Ijaw in Edo. They are in d riverine States. Ondo, Delta, Bayelsa, rivers etc
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by bbjummy: 8:34pm On May 31, 2016
swuftz:
where is Ijebu the largest tribe in the south west
Me sef wonder ooo!
OP just generalised yoruba for the southwest
Even ijesha isn't there
Ekiti sef no dey which itself is so broad with different dialect
The almighty Kabba in kogi sef don miss Road and lots more
Well, OP tried sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Origin Of Various Igbo Clans / Ooni Ogunwusi And Silekunola Moronke Naomi's First Outing (Picture) / 4 Northern Nigeria Elites Whose Daughters Don’t Wear Hijab (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.