Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Niger Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron Oil Well Amidst Heavy Security (Photo) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron Oil Well Amidst Heavy Security (Photo) (31609 Views)

Buhari Participates At International Forum On Peace And Security (photo) / Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb NNPC Warri Pipeline Heavily Guarded By Military / Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron Oil Well Amidst Heavy Security (Photo) by leonbob: 6:40pm On Jun 01, 2016
coldFLARES1:
Sometimes, I wonder how you folks can justify a call for negotiations with a group of self-serving criminals because their activities is causing a great damage to the economy. Knowing that within this very short period, we've had close to four groups coming up with impractical demands.

As a Deltan, whose scholarship for undergraduate studies terminated at the end of my programme, I fail to understand what morality there is for militants to demand a life entitlement of 65k monthly, after receiving vocational/professional training. This is even more intolerable because it doesn't' require a special training to be a militant, as much as there is no 'Chartered Institute of Militants of Nigeria' to regulate entry and professional practice.

Militancy is criminal and militants are criminals as well. The government shouldn't negotiate with them and should be bold enough to stop the Presidential Amnesty Programme immediately.

Government should ensure adequate intelligence gathering with a view to tracking down these criminals. And if it involves levelling some communities, so be it!
Its quite unfortunate that your thots are skewed
The govt dialoguing does not directly translate to granting the demands of these miscreants
These communities have been neglected for too long even as far as when PMB was in uniform
We can talk of levelling their communities only if the govt has fulfilled all necessary obligations to them. Mind you these miscreant will place unattainable demands before the govt but the govt in turn will table its workable plans because the damage they do can cripple the economy thereby birthing more splinter groups of miscreants
PMB must be strategic and diplomatic at same time, you cannot rule out dialogue in this matter.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron Oil Well Amidst Heavy Security (Photo) by coldFLARES1(m): 7:48pm On Jun 01, 2016
leonbob:

Its quite unfortunate that your thots are skewed
The govt dialoguing does not directly translating to granting the demands of these miscreants
These communities have been neglected for too long even as far as when PMB was in uniform
We can talk of levelling their communities only if the govt has fulfilled all necessary obligations to them. Mind you these miscreant will place unattainable demands before the govt but the govt in turn will table its workable plans because the damage they do can cripple the economy thereby birthing more splinter groups of miscreants
PMB must be strategic and diplomatic at same time, you cannot rule out dialogue in this matter.
The truth has to be told: and it is the fact the demands of these groups are really annoying. If it is about equity, what did Jonathan and Diezani do? They empowered Yoruba men to lord over our oil and yet these idiots have a justification to demand equity?

Delta State, like some other oil-producing states have an oil producing area development commission, but what do they do with the 13% derivation? They simply fill those places with ghosts; share the non is among a clique and use a part to fund charitable causes that are outside the mandates of the commission like donating buses to AIT and churches.

These fools have not demanded accountability from their governors but want to hold the country to ransom. To the extent that you cannot guarantee the cessation of sabotage of oil facilities; to the extent that you cannot stop a new group of criminals from starting a fresh agitation after these set may have been settled, you simply foreclose dialogue.

My position would not change. The vandals must be hunted down! The amnesty programme should be scrapped and no form of dialogue should be considered with these renegades.
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron Oil Well Amidst Heavy Security (Photo) by leonbob: 7:57pm On Jun 01, 2016
coldFLARES1:
The truth has to be told: and it is the fact the demands of these groups are really annoying. If it is about equity, what did Jonathan and Diezani do? They empowered Yoruba men to lord over our oil and yet these idiots have a justification to demand equity?

Delta State, like some other oil-producing states have an oil producing area development commission, but what do they do with the 13% derivation? They simply fill those places with ghosts; share the non is among a clique and use a part to fund charitable causes that are outside the mandates of the commission like donating buses to AIT and churches.

These fools have not demanded accountability from their governors but want to hold the country to ransom. To the extent that you cannot guarantee the cessation of sabotage of oil facilities; to the extent that you cannot stop a new group of criminals from starting a fresh agitation after these set may have been settled, you simply foreclose dialogue.

My position would not change. The vandals must be hunted down! The amnesty programme should be scrapped and no form of dialogue should be considered with these renegades.

Check this out
How much did the Niger Delta amnesty programme cost in a year? 2013 the amnesty programme gulped N66.28 billion. It gulped N66.17 billion in 2012 and N63.28billion in 2014. (Total app. N195.8 billion or USD567.5m in 3 years).

Now how much have we lost in just six months thanks to the wise Federal government?

NNPC, on Friday, May 27, announced that Nigeria’s crude oil and condensate production has fallen almost 50% from the start of the year to around 1.1 million b/d. If a barrel is USD45, we will be losing (45*1.1million) USD49.5m daily or USD1. 4billion monthly. So we lose, in 30days, TWICE what we used to maintenance the order, safety and peace in the Niger Delta for 3 whole years!

Who's the fool?
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron Oil Well Amidst Heavy Security (Photo) by hedonistic: 8:03pm On Jun 01, 2016
alpontif:

Trust me, there is very very low Tor usage in Nigeria, and I actually made it my business to know that crucial stat.

As long as they are using Tor directly, their identity can be compromised, especially when they access clearnet sites like twitter and facebook, that involves java enablement at any point in their usage.

If they use Tor directly, their ISP will also know they are on Tor, and their Tor usage logged and crossrefernced to postings on their twitter handle.

They may be slightly better off if they use vpn with tor...just slightly ...coz their isp will not be able to know the browser they are using, but their anonymity depends again on the VPN provider they are using, coz most vpns log IPs and take down your credit card records and other data, all these can again be cross referenced.., anybody using VPNs based incertain countries I wont mention are basically f**ked when it comes to law enforcement issues, as these VPN people will provide all your details.

A better way might be to use Tails plus a Vpn and some other tools I wont mention here...That can make sure that 90 percent of the time, you dont get caught, but if you mess with State actors with enough resources, you will be caught.

Moral of the story is dont do anything illegal on the clearnet..you will be caught if state actors create time to treat your f**k up.

Lol. Much as I understand where you're coming from, I think you're too academic in your projections. There are countless 'no log' VPN providers based OUTSIDE the US, UK and their allied countries. Numerous VPN providers based in rogue-friendly places like Eastern Europe and Asia. Besides, there's Socks 5 +RDP, which I can tell you is super anonymous. Besides that, at the level of device isolation/identification, there are numerous tools like Mac Address Spoofer, Browser User-Agent Spoofer, VM Ware, Fraud Fox, etc. All these tools are even going too far, because I am dead sure that the Nigerian State lacks the resources and competence to track criminals based on Cyber Intelligence. Basic no logs VPN or Socks 5 is often enough. Is it Nigeria where even rudimentary things don't work that will have the advanced Cyber security tools and capacity to track anything?

Nigeria where useless idiots get employed into sensitive positions on the basis of connections, nepotism, 'bottom power' etc... leaving out competent people who lack such connections. A massive joke of a country.
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron Oil Well Amidst Heavy Security (Photo) by coldFLARES1(m): 10:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
leonbob:

Check this out
And it may interest you to know that the population of youths in the age bracket of 17-45yrs, in the Niger Delta would not be less than 8 million, with the reality that each one of us has the capacity to be militants. However, the bulk of those monies was spent on Ijaw militants, neglecting other tribes.

Do you then advice the FG to accommodate all youths in the ND in the payments of amnesty stipends because we all are potential militants or you will advise them to keep paying the I jaw boys?
Amnesty payments has got to stop because a bulk of us may be forced to tow that path if sabotage is a sure way to getting inclusion or securing a pension. Trust me, should that time come, these guys would look like learners.

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron Oil Well Amidst Heavy Security (Photo) by jodeci(m): 5:26am On Jun 02, 2016
amalder:
up up avengers

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron Oil Well Amidst Heavy Security (Photo) by alpontif(m): 6:39am On Jun 02, 2016
hedonistic:

Lol. Much as I understand where you're coming from, I think you're too academic in your projections. There are countless 'no log' VPN providers based OUTSIDE the US, UK and their allied countries. Numerous VPN providers based in rogue-friendly places like Eastern Europe and Asia. Besides, there's Socks 5 +RDP, which I can tell you is super anonymous. Besides that, at the level of device isolation/identification, there are numerous tools like Mac Address Spoofer, Browser User-Agent Spoofer, VM Ware, Fraud Fox, etc. All these tools are even going too far, because I am dead sure that the Nigerian State lacks the resources and competence to track criminals based on Cyber Intelligence. Basic no logs VPN or Socks 5 is often enough. Is it Nigeria where even rudimentary things don't work that will have the advanced Cyber security tools and capacity to track anything?

Nigeria where useless idiots get employed into sensitive positions on the basis of connections, nepotism, 'bottom power' etc... leaving out competent people who lack such connections. A massive joke of a country.

You are very correct about idiots occupying sensitive positions in Nigeria, but my projections are anything but academic...in the darknet world, if it can happen, you have to prepare for it.

I am paranoid about my opsec..really really paranoid. and in my experience, the paranoid survives. Note The following: The Nigerian government will outsource this specific cyberintelligence task to israeli or eastern european outfits..who have an ongoing relationship with the defense ministry...

So, the possible counter-cyberintelligence the Niger Delta people will be facing will not be coming from elements within Nigerian Law enforcement directly...They are going to face hundreds of experienced guys with 0-day exploits who know what they are doing.

The above is my basic assumption.

BASED on that assumption, their opsec must not rely on the integrity of third part vpn providers, or tools that tie them directly to the crime.

If a system is already compromised, there are ways to expolit vmware in order to identify you. And it is really not in your interest to believe vpns dont log one way or the other..of course there are many that will tell you they dont, assume they do.

there are so many crazy things going on these days, there best bet will be to have disposable pcs, tails on dvd, and never access clearnet sites. Simple network analysis will identify who is doing what because these guys are already leaving digital footprints all over the internet...and i have not even talked about their writeprints.....

and there are so many exploits that are still in the wild that could be used to f**k them up..

moreover, I dont think they Have Smart people on their team.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja / Mathew Manoso Ndagoso To Buhari: 'You don't have the capacity to govern' / Sunday Akin Dare Begins Tour, Vows To Revamp MKO Abiola Stadium (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.