Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba (24782 Views)

Woman Injured In Taraba Explosion Breastfeeding Her Baby (Photo) / Python Bites Man's Dick As He Sits On The Toilet In Thailand (Graphic Throwback) / When The Mad Dog Bites: What To Know About Rabies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by makzeze: 9:53am On Jun 01, 2016
No fewer than 27 persons have been confirmed dead in Donga Local Government Council of Taraba state

The deaths are due to various degrees of injuries sustained from snake bites ravaging the area

Hospitals and herbal homes, are battling to save the lives of several other persons affected by the attack

Donga Local Government Council area in Taraba state has been hit by snakes bites which has so far killed 27 persons, while others lie critically ill in hospitals and herbal homes. Confirming the report, the Councillor representing Suntai Ward, Filibuster Sambo, said efforts to rescue the victims failed as both the traditional and orthodox medications are not helping matters.

His words: ”So far, four people have died in Suntai, eight in Kadarko, nine in Tor-Damis Akate, four in Kumbo and two in Gayama, bringing the total to 27 persons that have so far died as a result of snake bites in our community.” Sambo stated that anti-snake bite and traditional medicines have not been effective. He urged the relevant authorities to as a matter of urgency come to the aid of the affected communities.

In the vein, chairman of Donga Local Government, Ibrahim Barnabas Pasoki told The Guardian that following the spread of the snakebites, the council has contacted the Taraba state ministry of health and the Taraba state government. Panic has enveloped the communities affected as several people domiciling in the affected villages are said to be relocating elsewhere.

Some medical personnel attending to those injured have also raised an alarm on the situation, saying the death toll would increase if urgent measures are not put in place to make the necessary drugs available to those affected. The incident is coming barely 48 hours after about 13 villages were attacked by an ethnic militia group in Taraba state. The militia reportedly teamed up with a militant group to carry out the attack on several communities.

: https://www.naij.com/846356-panic-taraba-snake-bites-kill-27-many-injured.html

1 Share

Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by youngaz(m): 10:17am On Jun 01, 2016
Snakes??gringringrin
*clears throat*..........guyz u no wahrrai cheesycheesy
oh my oh my i made it again....FTC!!!!!!!gringrin

3 Likes

Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by PRYCE(m): 10:32am On Jun 01, 2016
Oh my Dear Taraba cry cry

Buhari Did this undecided undecided

lalasticlala

4 Likes

Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by modath(f): 10:48am On Jun 01, 2016
PRYCE:
Oh my Dear Taraba cry cry

Buhari Did this undecided undecided

lalasticlala

Sorry you hia, you will be alright. smiley

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by PRYCE(m): 10:54am On Jun 01, 2016
modath:

Sorry you hia, you will be alright. smiley
Lol! Y nah? Snake no bite me nah.... Still Gallant.

I pity my Kinsmen ne fa!
Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by henchamb(m): 11:14am On Jun 01, 2016
snakes.... front page material
so those killing snakes are right Afterall

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by delightz(m): 11:50am On Jun 01, 2016
Snakes are fp materials. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by kenny987(f): 11:53am On Jun 01, 2016
All of creation is angry and in protest...

4 Likes

Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by sukkot: 1:17pm On Jun 01, 2016
the serpent is about to rise
Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by kingphilip(m): 1:18pm On Jun 01, 2016
This is really an epidemic that should be taken seriously in order to curb it's wide spread and to put an immediate end to it

This is looking like it's going to to claim more lives than ebola did in Nigeria

Click like to sympathize with them and I pray non of us will be victims of bad news this month and beyond

11 Likes

Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by vizkiz: 1:18pm On Jun 01, 2016
The snakes be like

"e don tey whey una don dey kill us dey show our dead body for nairaland, now we go show una who wicked pass"

Nollywood should make this a movie

RETUN OF THE EVIL SNAKES grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by looseweight: 1:18pm On Jun 01, 2016
Woow....Minister of health must hear this.
Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 01, 2016
When the gods of the land are angry, things like dis are inevitable.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by ErnieSmallzz(f): 1:18pm On Jun 01, 2016
E sure me say, immediately those soldier's kill all this snake, na to make snake pepper soup sure pass.

oya hit like if u agree with me, and share if u dnt
. grin wink tongue

1 Like

Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 01, 2016
is it ronaldinho's kinda snake bite?

1 Like

Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by ChappyChase: 1:19pm On Jun 01, 2016
J
Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by Pavore9: 1:20pm On Jun 01, 2016
I shudder!
Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by VocalWalls: 1:20pm On Jun 01, 2016
what nairalanders love
Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by Trendy247: 1:20pm On Jun 01, 2016
It should have been Daura

1 Like

Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by deymoh(m): 1:21pm On Jun 01, 2016
i guess they have much bushes around them... fumigation and clearing would solve that if it is not spiritual
Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by christejames(m): 1:21pm On Jun 01, 2016
Lalasticlala, won't you like to have a tour of this community? ...it least to sympathize with the unfortunate victims of your pet.

1 Like

Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by steve308(m): 1:22pm On Jun 01, 2016
hmm all creatures are angry with APC Buhari need to step down before Lions join in the protest

2 Likes

Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by macaranta(m): 1:23pm On Jun 01, 2016
Revenge of the snakes...maybe they are also posting pix of humans killed on their snake forums.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by Horlufemi(m): 1:24pm On Jun 01, 2016
password= snake
Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by Baroba(m): 1:24pm On Jun 01, 2016
well its obvious they haven't got the right anti venom, all you need is grab a few of these snakes, collect there venom and develop an antidote. That's how its done in South Africa, a country with a huge mamba population.

3 Likes

Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by NobleAky(m): 1:25pm On Jun 01, 2016
For very long you people have been killing and posting snakes killed here....you have irked the snake kingdom and now they are taking Turns but on the unfortunate people of Taraba

1 Like

Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by buskie13(m): 1:27pm On Jun 01, 2016
Lol...this should be a warning to lalasticlala who got mad love for snakes cheesy
Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by mazimee(m): 1:28pm On Jun 01, 2016
I think lala should start monitoring the activities of his pets. We cannot come and die because lala loves snake.

3 Likes

Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by laurel03(m): 1:28pm On Jun 01, 2016
Dt Taraba state is a backward society
Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by MrCounselor: 1:30pm On Jun 01, 2016
If nah killer flanks, no problem, otherwise RIP dudes.
Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by emmyw(m): 1:31pm On Jun 01, 2016
Ok
Re: Snake Bites Kill 27 In Taraba by greatness22(m): 1:35pm On Jun 01, 2016
And some stupid Snake Activist of Nairaland will be abusing people who kill snakes. angry

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) / The Oldest Person With Sickle - Asiata Onikoyi-laguda / Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.