Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures (20446 Views)

My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer / My Mechanised Farming Experience / My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by Rilwayne001: 4:01pm On Sep 21, 2016
I think it's high time i started farming too since SHANGE has refused to come shocked angry sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by Topestbilly(m): 4:03pm On Sep 21, 2016
Youth ti takeover Farming cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by Agriman(m): 4:04pm On Sep 21, 2016
Cool....don't forget to read the relevance of internet to agricultural business.. https://www.nairaland.com/3362785/relevance-internet-agricultural-business-must

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 21, 2016
renybenks:
I'm a fresh graduate in Edo state just out of school, how can I become a farmer, with no prospect of land anywhere nd no funds either
?

Reny what is your location?

If you are in Benin (around upper mission area) there is actually a large portion of land in owned by my family that is just lying fallow. My mom used to cultivate it but now she is old and can no longer continue.

It's about 100 x 150 in size.

I think I can direct you to talk with my elder brother.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by diegwu01: 4:07pm On Sep 21, 2016
renybenks:
I'm a fresh graduate in Edo state just out of school, how can I become a farmer, with no prospect of land anywhere nd no funds either
?
i can offer you my plot in Ikeja G.R.A for half the price at N300 million
Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by necosla016(f): 4:09pm On Sep 21, 2016
Good job!

Am coming so you'll teach me how to farm grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 21, 2016
Wooow ! Shey ihn no kill snake when ihn just dey clear the land ni ? tongue grin grin
Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by diegwu01: 4:10pm On Sep 21, 2016
Rilwayne001:
I think it's high time i started farming too since SHANGE has refused to come shocked angry sad
Your decision to be proactive and go into a Productive venture like farming, instead of embarking on Yahoo Yahoo or oil bunkering is the "CHANGE" we are talking about.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by agrocentricNg: 4:11pm On Sep 21, 2016
Great work!patient and persistence pays,Agriculture is the oil rig...Soil not Oil is the way out...big up bro

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by Rilwayne001: 4:21pm On Sep 21, 2016
diegwu01:
Your decision to be proactive and go into a Productive venture like farming, instead of embarking on Yahoo Yahoo or oil bunkering is the "CHANGE" we are talking about.

That's true actually.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by giftiy(m): 4:21pm On Sep 21, 2016
Next time if u want to plant without ridges,use concentrated non selective herbicides like "touchdown, or 2-4-D. These are strong herbicides with this,it will take time befor the weeds comes up again. Meanwhile that dose not stop the fact that u will still perform spot weeding. Then I will also advice u think of cassava. And rice depend of the nature of ur soil.
BNLR:
Planting maize without ridges, want to see how it goes before preparing for a cassava or yam toward end of the raining. Advice needed pls

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by hartinuke: 4:30pm On Sep 21, 2016
am planning cucumber and vegetable farm but need seeds

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by Firefire(m): 4:45pm On Sep 21, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Me too as all time Big cash crop farmer has decided to have a small garden farm beside all my houses. (Lagos, Ogun, Ilorin)

I will be uploading my 'garden / farm' experience soon by His Grace. Watch out! tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by Rilwayne001: 5:12pm On Sep 21, 2016
Firefire:

Me too as all time Big cash crop farmer has decided to have a small garden farm beside all my houses. (Lagos, Ogun, Ilorin)

I will be uploading my 'garden / farm' experience soon by His Grace. Watch out! tongue

embarassed embarassed
I'm still an undergraduate. I can help you manage that of in ilorin undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by Rilwayne001: 5:13pm On Sep 21, 2016
Firefire:

And please mention me when you start your thread. I'm really loving this.
Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by Empiree: 5:13pm On Sep 21, 2016
Rilwayne001:
Walahi, very important. This is problem Nigerians have now. They have abandoned local "small" businesses for foreign goods. They have abandoned FARMING for OFFICE job. They have abandoned VILLAGES for the CITIES. Govt can not successfully remove recession without Nigerians doing something. If they do, it wont be long before the country plunges in another around of it. Recessions is not president's fault. Neither was GEJ was at fault. They just need to prosecute looters.

Recession or Nigerian currency was victim of CENTRAL DEMOLITION by big guys. That's, the IMF, CENTRAL BANK (world) etc. The people who are in control of world economy brought it down through their scheme. So you know, there is no way any president of Nigeria can do it alone. You know i barely talked about Nigerian politics. When GEJ was in power, i used to see you and others talked a lot about his administration. I never wanted to say anything. I was just shaking my head when everyone said PMB would do better. Even GEJ had good intention but was confused. Now lesson learned so far should open our eyes that this is beyond the president. You know current administration appears tough on BH. So long as he gets tough on them, economy would barely gets better. So long as he gets tough on BH, dollar rate would jump from current #400 to $1 to #500. This is a plan that Nigerians inside Nigeria dont see. It is bigger than what you think.

Return to FARM. That's where money is. I want to invest in Agriculture in Nigeria too. Oyinbo know that you have abandoned it, that's why they brought their venom (fast food, shop rite etc) to replace it. It will be difficult to return to farm now bcus you people are used to modern Supermarkets and Malls. I even heard recently that they import chicken too.?. What the heck is going on?. That should never be. Dont you have chickens in Nigeria for crying out loud?. This is sad!

And the chicken imported are not halal, they are fed with chemicals etc. No wonder cancers are now rampant

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 21, 2016
FelixCulpa:

Reny what is your location?

If you are in Benin (around upper mission area) there is actually a large portion of land in owned by my family that is just lying fallow. My mom used to cultivate it but now she is old and can no longer continue.

It's about 100 x 150 in size.

I think I can direct you to talk with my elder brother.

Hope no be person wey go struggle your land later ?

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 21, 2016
necosla016:
Good job!

Am coming so you'll teach me how to farm grin grin grin

You think this is a joking matter abi ?

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by GreatManBee: 5:42pm On Sep 21, 2016
kellz0:
bro, from the little i know.. Maize require weeding like four times b4 it starts producing... First one is when it starts qerminating and is very important..
Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 21, 2016
Empiree:
Walahi, very important. This is problem Nigerians have now. They have abandoned local "small" businesses for foreign goods. They have abandoned FARMING for OFFICE job. They have abandoned VILLAGES for the CITIES. Govt can not successfully remove recession without Nigerians doing something. If they do, it wont be long before the country plunges in another around of it. Recessions is not president's fault. Neither was GEJ was at fault. They just need to prosecute looters.

Recession or Nigerian currency was victim of CENTRAL DEMOLITION by big guys. That's, the IMF, CENTRAL BANK (world) etc. The people who are in control of world economy brought it down through their scheme. So you know, there is no way any president of Nigerian can do it alone. You know i barely talked about Nigerian politics. When GEJ was in power, i used to see you and others talked a lot about his administration. I never wanted to say anything. I was just shaking my head when everyone said PMB would do better. Even GEJ had good intention but was confused. Now lesson learn so far should open our eyes that this is beyond the president. You know current administration appears tough on BH. So long as he gets tough on them, economy would barely gets better. So long as he gets tough on BH, dollar rate would jump from current #400 to $1 to #500. This is a plan that Nigerians inside Nigeria dont see. It is bigger than what you think.

Return to FARM. That's where money is. I want to invest in Agriculture in Nigeria too. Oyinbo know that you have abandoned it, that's why they brought their venom (fast food, shop rite etc) to replace it. It will be difficult to return to farm now bcus you people are used to modern supermarket. I even heard recently that they import chicken too.?. What the heck is going on?. That should never be. Dont you have chickens in Nigeria for crying out loud?. This is sad!

And the chicken imported are not halal, they are fed with chemicals etc. No wonder cancers are now rampant

I really love this, farming is the way, I learnt that when my mum used just #1,500 worth of corn seeds to make 12,000 plus the family ate ALOT from it too.

I really would farm insha Allaah.

If I can't do the hardwork there, people can be hired to do it, its better than knotting one stupid tie taking certificate from one office to another only to get shouted at by the boss that eventually employs you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by GreatManBee: 5:43pm On Sep 21, 2016
BNLR:
ridges are very important, you will still have to do it later if not at the planting stage @kibakare

Where is your farm located?
Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by walexsho(m): 6:32pm On Sep 21, 2016
You guys talk as if farming easily fetch money. Try it and you experience the problems or problemses of Agriculture in West Africa as taught in Agricultural Science.
Its either You are cultivating for consumption or for Market women Exploitation

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by Firefire(m): 6:56pm On Sep 21, 2016
Rilwayne001:

embarassed embarassed
I'm still an undergraduate. I can help you manage that of in ilorin undecided

Which school?
Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by Rilwayne001: 6:59pm On Sep 21, 2016
Firefire:

Which school?

Finished from kwara poly and by next month InshaAllah a unilorite cool
Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:17pm On Sep 21, 2016
Farming

Is

The

Way

To

Go.............It Pays.

Like www.facebook.com/lesgupnigeria for more info on the business of farming
Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by Firefire(m): 7:43pm On Sep 21, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Finished from kwara poly and by next month InshaAllah a unilorite cool

Wow!
Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by twentyk(m): 8:01pm On Sep 21, 2016
Firefire:

Wow! wonderful. I will be in that locality next week, if you wish to meet me, PM me and book an appointment. wink

See and bye for now. tongue
am in my finals though in unilorin and i have given this a thought... would definitely love to venture into agriculture if not for anything it is self sustaining and currently the IN THING now...even the govt is preaching agriculture.... anyway would appreciate anyone around who knows a thing or two bout it.....maybe I could meet you sometimes....
Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by Firefire(m): 8:09pm On Sep 21, 2016
twentyk:
am in my finals though in unilorin and i have given this a thought... would definitely love to venture into agriculture if not for anything it is self sustaining and currently the IN THING now...even the govt is preaching agriculture.... anyway would appreciate anyone around who knows a thing or two bout it.....maybe I could meet you sometimes....

tongue
Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by Rilwayne001: 8:11pm On Sep 21, 2016
Firefire:

Wow! wonderful. I will be in that locality next week, if you wish to meet me, PM me and book an appointment. wink

See and bye for now. tongue

Lol. Okay sha.
Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by fakati(m): 8:35pm On Sep 21, 2016
God bless you bro. I can't wait to start my own farm also.
Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 21, 2016
Empiree:

Recession or Nigerian currency was victim of CENTRAL DEMOLITION by big guys. That's, the IMF, CENTRAL BANK (world) etc. The people who are in control of world economy brought it down through their scheme. So you know, there is no way any president of Nigeria can do it alone. You know i barely talked about Nigerian politics. When GEJ was in power, i used to see you and others talked a lot about his administration. I never wanted to say anything. I was just shaking my head when everyone said PMB would do better. Even GEJ had good intention but was confused. Now lesson learned so far should open our eyes that this is beyond the president. You know current administration appears tough on BH. So long as he gets tough on them, economy would barely gets better. So long as he gets tough on BH, dollar rate would jump from current #400 to $1 to #500. This is a plan that Nigerians inside Nigeria dont see. It is bigger than what you think.

Return to FARM. That's where money is. I want to invest in Agriculture in Nigeria too. Oyinbo know that you have abandoned it, that's why they brought their venom (fast food, shop rite etc) to replace it. It will be difficult to return to farm now bcus you people are used to modern supermarket. I even heard recently that they import chicken too.?. What the heck is going on?. That should never be. Dont you have chickens in Nigeria for crying out loud?. This is sad!

It's really sad o, that someone will go to the bank or black market to get this scarce dollars n use the dollars to import frozen chicken. Its very very sad. And there are poultries all over the country.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures by organiza(m): 10:14pm On Sep 21, 2016
Good job Man.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company / Poultry/meat Processing System/plant In Nigeria / Grains Business (personal experienced)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.