Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,842 members, 7,813,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

Wike's Name Not On Ogoni Clean-Up Invitation Card - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike's Name Not On Ogoni Clean-Up Invitation Card (42493 Views)

Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete / Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up / Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike's Name Not On Ogoni Clean-Up Invitation Card by pacino26(m): 1:54pm On Jun 02, 2016
deb:

I hope you viewed it the same way when a whole former Governor of the state was treated like dog with Mama Pieces sorry Peace and Wike

Do you think I applaud foolishness no matter the quarter is coming from? I don't, like I said too many 'kidults' in our govt.
Re: Wike's Name Not On Ogoni Clean-Up Invitation Card by HonabFaj(m): 1:56pm On Jun 02, 2016
brunofarad:
AFRICAN MAN and his mentality

Just because of party affiliation, wike's name was omitted.

When do we GROW ? undecided
Education is not common sense and common sense is not common ,this invitation here is address to the on it ,wike invitation will also be address to him ,FG is hosting not state Government

1 Like

Re: Wike's Name Not On Ogoni Clean-Up Invitation Card by basadenet: 1:57pm On Jun 02, 2016
That is to show how dumb Mr. PMB and Ameachi are. I trust the chap Gov.Wike, he was there live and direct. shame to all his enemies
Re: Wike's Name Not On Ogoni Clean-Up Invitation Card by buksaylor001: 1:58pm On Jun 02, 2016
But he was there?
Re: Wike's Name Not On Ogoni Clean-Up Invitation Card by basadenet: 2:04pm On Jun 02, 2016
HonabFaj:

Education is not common sense and common sense is not common ,this invitation here is address to the on it ,wike invitation will also be address to him ,FG is hosting not state Government

Some Nigerians are fond of distorting informations to suit their selfish needs. so because FG is commissioning a project in sate, so there is no need to call or invite the Governor of that state.
Re: Wike's Name Not On Ogoni Clean-Up Invitation Card by Abagworo(m): 2:11pm On Jun 02, 2016
This thread is unnecessary and meaningless. This looks like an invitation card and not event protocol. Wike was recognised duely at the event though the thunderous roar of Owelle! My people my people! at the mention of Okorocha presence dwarfed Wike's presence.

1 Like

Re: Wike's Name Not On Ogoni Clean-Up Invitation Card by ayindejimmy(m): 2:15pm On Jun 02, 2016
But he was present at the event according to the same Niaj. Com

11:52am
Governor Nyesom Wike is called up to give his remark, the Rivers people roar loudly their support for their governor. Wike says that the commencement of this project will see to the restoration and the returning of peace, not only to Ogoniland and Rivers state, but indeed within the Niger Delta region. He ends his speech by urging the Rivers people to embrace this new dawn in Ogoniland, stressing that the Rivers state government will do everything to support the restoration that is about to take place.
11:46am
Rt Hon Chibuike Amaechi, the minister of transport, is called up to the podium. The crowd loves him and cheers loudly. Amaechi speaks on how UNEP came to Rivers state. He states that this day is truly remarkable in that it shows that Buhari has come to effect real change and in doing that bring growth to the Ogoni people. He ends his speech with informing the people that the Ogoni people have conferred on President Buhari the title of Nene Nwanne.
https://www.naij.com/847863-live-updates-the-removal-of-death-from-ogoniland-commences-photos.html

Nigerians will always stir up issues where there's non.

1 Like

Re: Wike's Name Not On Ogoni Clean-Up Invitation Card by brunofarad(m): 2:25pm On Jun 02, 2016
If you are so educated with so much comon sense.
You won't quote me with that kind of cut and join English grin

Btw
We are not talking of whom the IV was addressed to,we are talking of WIKE's name beign omitted as the chief host....or even a host.

HonabFaj:

Re: Wike's Name Not On Ogoni Clean-Up Invitation Card by Special84(m): 2:48pm On Jun 02, 2016
shocked... Naija n politics...
Re: Wike's Name Not On Ogoni Clean-Up Invitation Card by HonabFaj(m): 3:07pm On Jun 02, 2016
basadenet:

Some Nigerians are fond of distorting informations to suit their selfish needs. so because FG is commissioning a project in sate, so there is no need to call or invite the Governor of that state.

Mr .Man omitted or not omitted IV is paper material ,Gov.Wike welcome VP at the airport ,he gave a speech at the event ,so what is your problem.Applaud the great event my bro.
Re: Wike's Name Not On Ogoni Clean-Up Invitation Card by Gkemz: 3:23pm On Jun 02, 2016
This is absolute madness on the side of APC. As the chief security officer of the state, Wike should be given the position of the chief host of the event despite political differences.
Re: Wike's Name Not On Ogoni Clean-Up Invitation Card by Laid2001: 4:00pm On Jun 02, 2016
Where was the name supposed to be on the invite. He is invited like all the other people as well.
Just like Osinbajo name is not on the invite. Amaechi, Police commissioner and other guests are also invited.
Re: Wike's Name Not On Ogoni Clean-Up Invitation Card by paschu: 4:33pm On Jun 02, 2016
tbaba1234:

Enough of this political rubbish... Wike was there and was well respected by everyone...

Rewind to 2014, say GEJ did that to Fashola, would "talking about it" still have been "political rubbish"? Hypocricy.
Re: Wike's Name Not On Ogoni Clean-Up Invitation Card by paschu: 4:37pm On Jun 02, 2016
HonabFaj:

Mr .Man omitted or not omitted IV is paper material ,Gov.Wike welcome VP at the airport ,he gave a speech at the event ,so what is your problem.Applaud the great event my bro.

STAND for JUSTICE once in your life. It won't kill you.

Is it right to sidline the state governor of a state in which the FG holds its official non-party affiliated event? Yes or no?
Re: Wike's Name Not On Ogoni Clean-Up Invitation Card by billyG(m): 6:34pm On Jun 02, 2016
kenonze:
It absolutely means nothing.

But to a large extent the state govt should be involve However u and I know how chaotic the situation have degenerated. Wike may mess up the show.
But am glad he didnt. I respected him for that. Wike knows when to play politics and when to acknowledge good gestures.
In all Ogoni people and the entire Niger Deltans won
IF wike try anything thuggerish ogoni pple go fry his baalls.he knows that.
Re: Wike's Name Not On Ogoni Clean-Up Invitation Card by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 02, 2016
We forget easily,that was exactly what Wike,PDP and GEJ did to Amaechi last year,whatever you do you reap.
Re: Wike's Name Not On Ogoni Clean-Up Invitation Card by sabofws5: 6:48pm On Jun 02, 2016
You these ethnic tribal jingoistic wailers was Wike not the chief host?
Re: Wike's Name Not On Ogoni Clean-Up Invitation Card by buksaylor001: 7:00pm On Jun 02, 2016
Una go dey talk rubbish,is it a state project?
Is it not the same uniform Wike and Osinbajo are wearing?
Re: Wike's Name Not On Ogoni Clean-Up Invitation Card by sedorf247(m): 9:45pm On Jun 02, 2016
olokeded:
Federal government removed Governor Wike name as chief host as launching of Ogoni clean up begins

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/06/photo-gov-wike-name-removed-on-ogoni.html

don't fool us here, upload the list of all invited guest not a single person.....,Wailers
Re: Wike's Name Not On Ogoni Clean-Up Invitation Card by stefan388: 5:19am On Jun 03, 2016
tbaba1234:

Enough of this political rubbish... Wike was there and was well respected by everyone...
Try to say yes when it is true or otherwise when it otherwise. Apc will shut this country when people like you prefer to avoid the truth.
Are you comfortable with this present days when everywhere appears very dark?
Re: Wike's Name Not On Ogoni Clean-Up Invitation Card by tbaba1234: 5:50am On Jun 03, 2016
stefan388:
Try to say yes when it is true or otherwise when it otherwise. Apc will shut this country when people like you prefer to avoid the truth.
Are you comfortable with this present days when everywhere appears very dark?

My point is this, everything is not politics.. Something like the Ogoni clean-up should be embraced by all. Instead some people are more concerned about scoring political points. Wike was there and was well received. Why is someone bringing up the invitation card. The project is not by Wike, it is by the ministry of Environment.

Quite frankly, i do not care about APC or PDP. I want the country to progress.

paschu:

Rewind to 2014, say GEJ did that to Fashola, would "talking about it" still have been "political rubbish"? Hypocricy.

Did what exactly?? This is not a state project... The state government was respected and given recognition in the event itself. Wike gave his speech, appreciated the government's effort to clean his state. Why must everything be politicised?
Re: Wike's Name Not On Ogoni Clean-Up Invitation Card by stefan388: 6:03am On Jun 03, 2016
Bimpe29:
What a sentiment! Some people read unnecessary meaning to issues. Please how was his name omitted? Every body knows that Governor is the Chief Host. So, why or how is that a problem?
So, since he is the chief Host, you feel that there is no need to send him his card abi? Going by the ways apc members, especially Amaechi played the politics in rivers, going by what Amaechi did to GEJ that appeared as complete enemies and other apc evil ways, you believe, there is no way and needs to show that the past is gone and that this is a new done. Ok, don't you think it will look more formal, friendly and show that there are now changes from the way things were done.
Why do people regard invitation card as a formal information?
Re: Wike's Name Not On Ogoni Clean-Up Invitation Card by Bimpe29: 11:13am On Jun 03, 2016
stefan388:
So, since he is the chief Host, you feel that there is no need to send him his card abi? Going by the ways apc members, especially Amaechi played the politics in rivers, going by what Amaechi did to GEJ that appeared as complete enemies and other apc evil ways, you believe, there is no way and needs to show that the past is gone and that this is a new done. Ok, don't you think it will look more formal, friendly and show that there are now changes from the way things were done.
Why do people regard invitation card as a formal information?
Noted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NIPOST To Issue Passport And Driver’s Licence / Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram / Moment INEC Officially Declared Tinubu President-Elect (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.