Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,690 members, 7,813,280 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

What Is Wrong With The CBN? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Wrong With The CBN? (1369 Views)

Even Buhari’s Doctors In The UK Don’t Know What Is Wrong With Him – Independent / Abdulmumin Jibrin: "Is This The Buhari We Know? Noooooo Something Is Wrong! / Disturbing Photo Of The CBN Governor With Mr Funtua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With The CBN? by 989900: 5:24pm On Jun 02, 2016
A week after the MPC meeting, we still have no clear directions from the CBN.

2 months after the China trip and Yuan deal brouhaha, nothing . . .

What is wrong with the CBN?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by Viktor1983(m): 11:37pm On Jun 02, 2016
989900:

Are you insinuating that they are acting contrary to FG/Presidency's directives?
They are simply acting out the FG's script.
CBN's autonomy is just on paper, In reality they simply follow orders.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by NavierStokes(m): 11:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
Like every other thing in this administration they have been rendered "INCONCLUSIVE".
on a serious note those guys-MPC are at a loss as to what to do. They quickly leaped without thinking, putting forth a policy with no guiding framework, all these indecisions, delays and wrong policies of this administration brought us to where we are.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by kenny987(f): 12:19am On Jun 03, 2016
When the head is sick/rotten...you know the rest

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by NavierStokes(m): 12:31am On Jun 03, 2016
kenny987:

Lol that was supposed to be the last line of my post. I decided to let it pass, didn't know it would resurface in the next post. smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by kenny987(f): 12:42am On Jun 03, 2016
NavierStokes:

Lol that was supposed to be the last line of my post. I decided to let it pass, didn't know it would resurface in the next post. smiley
Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by kenny987(f): 12:42am On Jun 03, 2016
NavierStokes:

It's evident and goes without saying if people are willing to be honest and not blinded by political, ethnic n religious sentiments. Meanwhile Customs has announced adjustment of its calculation of duties to the #285 to $1benchmark which d FG/CBN hasn't even taken an official position on.
Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by NavierStokes(m): 12:45am On Jun 03, 2016
kenny987:

It's evident and goes without saying if people are willing to be honest and not blinded by political, ethnic n religious sentiments. Meanwhile Customs has announced adjustment of its calculation of duties to the #285 to $1benchmark which d FG/CBN hasn't even taken an official position on.

Hear hear!!!
Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by nigeriafilm(m): 1:39am On Jun 03, 2016
It should rather be "what is wrong with you" - for taking APC seriously

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by pacino26(m): 3:28am On Jun 03, 2016
kenny987:

Na that one pain me pass sad

My small arrangement to acquire an equipment offshore just tripled just wondering what I'll do when things get to customs. Meanwhile no fiscal template yet to rumor by the apex bank.

This is what you get when you employ thru the backdoor
Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by porka: 5:29am On Jun 03, 2016
989900:

Buhari controls the monetary policy.

CBN's main duty is to employ their wards for now.
Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by 989900: 6:40am On Jun 03, 2016
Viktor1983:

Are you insinuating that they are acting contrary to FG/Presidency's directives?
They are simply acting out the FG's script.
CBN's autonomy is just on paper, In reality they simply follow orders.

And the Yuan deal/story?
Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:49am On Jun 03, 2016
989900:

u are actually holed up..

You guys are either naturally senseless or not even made for the sensible part of everything!

The flexibility of the naira is already taking place...didn't the customs just announced a new payment structure for dealing in dollars?

Didn't some banks just pegged their dollar transactions?

What do u guys always do on the internet aside facebook, bigotry and tribalism?

Have u tried buying yuans from the banks?

Ask the importers from china and u will be schooled!
Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by 989900: 6:56am On Jun 03, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
[s]u are actually holed up..

You guys are either naturally senseless or not even made for the sensible part of everything!

The flexibility of the naira is already taking place...didn't the customs just announced a new payment structure for dealing in dollars?

Didn't some banks just pegged their dollar transactions?

What do u guys always do on the internet aside facebook, bigotry and tribalism?

Have u tried buying yuans from the banks?

Ask the importers from china and u will be schooled![/s]

Who emptied your cranium?

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:06am On Jun 03, 2016
989900:

Who emptied your cranium?
like I said, u guys are always shortchanged whenever sensible things (arguments inclusive) come up!

Provide a valid counter arguments or shut your fucck up!
Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by 989900: 7:28am On Jun 03, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
like I said, u guys are always shortchanged whenever sensible things (arguments inclusive) come up!

Provide a valid counter arguments or shut your fucck up!

Sensible is one thing you are incapable of.

For everything you wrote up there, it's really a shame to be you.
Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by MadamExcellency: 7:40am On Jun 03, 2016
See what is happening between two APC sycophants when they mistook each other for imaginary wailing wailer.

Keep it up boys, the truth will set you free.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:51am On Jun 03, 2016
989900:

Sensible is one thing you are incapable of.

For everything you wrote up there, it's really a shame to be you.

still on your zero sense issue- same result!

U wanted to knw what's up, I jes gave u some happenings that your empty large and bigoted brain seemed to av skipped and u can't even make a sense out of 'em..

The shame is on u..
If u still want me to explain the flexibility policy and the yaun importance to u, u will grow old..

If ure expecting the policy to start growing ur pocket, despite not working nor having any tangible thing to do with importation or manufacturing, then u are more dumb than a dumber!

Jes like u blamed the FG on the tomato virus, even when it is known that it affected six other african states, u jes wanted someone to blame for living, even when u cld av taken your own life and save me this fuckin stress! cheesy
Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by 989900: 7:53am On Jun 03, 2016
undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:58am On Jun 03, 2016
MadamExcellency:
See what is happening between two APC sycophants when they mistook each other for imaginary wailing wailer.

Keep it up boys, the truth will set you free.
mumu, keep overworking your wrinkled brain..

Even the APC supporters knows that I am not pitched to a side- and I attack whoever is dumb enuff to talk illogical trash!

I only support good governance... And if that is about to be a factor, I support only the APC/PDP that works. But be safe to assume that I currently hate anything PDP.. That, of course, after I wasted my vote for GEJ and even coerced many to do the same in 2011 because I was a presiding officer.

But right now, its APC or nothing.. And if that didn't work by 2019 (though it will), I am supporting any other party that may work!
Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by PIPPROF(m): 7:59am On Jun 03, 2016
kenny987:

you read my mind
Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by 989900: 8:03am On Jun 03, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
[s]still on your zero sense issue- same result!

U wanted to knw what's up, I jes gave u some happenings that your empty large and bigoted brain seemed to av skipped and u can't even make a sense out of 'em..

The shame is on u..
If u still want me to explain the flexibility policy and the yaun importance to u, u will grow old..

If ure expecting the policy to start growing ur pocket, despite not working nor having any tangible thing to do with importation or manufacturing, then u are more dumb than a dumber!

Jes like u blamed the FG on the tomato virus, even when it is known that it affected six other african states, u jes wanted someone to blame for living, even when u cld av taken your own life and save me this fuckin stress! [/s]cheesy

You come out of whatever hole u crawl out from like some rabid dog with whack imagination of the same, throwing insults, fallacies, and assumptions, but wanna have a sensible discussion? I'd rather have a sensible one with my neighbour's hawk headed parrot. You, you are only capable of an insensible one.

I might just have a discussion with you on one of them jokes section

This, this is beyond your wheelhouse, kapish?
Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:08am On Jun 03, 2016
989900:

You come out of whatever hole u crawl out from like some rabid dog with whack imagination of the same, throwing insults, fallacies, and assumptions, but wanna have a sensible discussion? I'd rather have a sensible one with my neighbour's hawk headed parrot. You, you are only capable of an insensible one.

I might just have a discussion with you on one of them jokes section

This, this is beyond your wheelhouse, kapish?
The end! But u may check ur dictionary for fallacy and assumption...

U shld engage in 'sensible' discussion with that hawk cheesy because that's the only thing that may won't as u to provide a logical counter!
Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by ChappyChase: 8:09am On Jun 03, 2016
989900:

Bubu is wrong with it!

Question: What is bubu?
Answer: it is an infection that makes you permanently confused and totally clueless!
Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by MadamExcellency: 8:28am On Jun 03, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
mumu, keep overworking your wrinkled brain..

Even the APC supporters knows that I am not pitched to a side- and I attack whoever is dumb enuff to talk illogical trash!

I only support good governance... And if that is about to be a factor, I support only the APC/PDP that works. But be safe to assume that I currently hate anything PDP.. That, of course, after I wasted my vote for GEJ and even coerced many to do the same in 2011 because I was a presiding officer.

But right now, its APC or nothing.. And if that didn't work by 2019 (though it will), I am supporting any other party that may work!

Baby boy, a little civility wouldn't hurt you.

Why are you always angry and insecure? You are already down hence your frustration on missed opportunity is no longer necessary.

Goodluck Jonathan is far gone and we have Buhari for the next four years but your expectations have already fizzled out on the need to restructure Nigeria.

APC Manifesto On CONSTITUTION REFORM

•Initiate action to amend our Constitution with a view to devolving powers, duties and responsibilities to states and local governments in order to entrench true Federalism and the Federal spirit;

•Strengthen INEC to reduce/ eliminate electoral malpractices;

•Attract the best and brightest into our politics and public service by aggressive recruitment of private sector people, academics and professionals within Nigeria and in the Diaspora through internships, fellowships, executive appointments and special nomination to contest elective offices;

•Prevent abuse of executive, legislative and public offices through greater accountability, transparency and strict enforcement of anti-corruption laws whilst strengthening the EFCC and ICPC;

•Amend the Constitution to remove immunity from prosecution for elected officers in criminal cases;

•Restructure government for a leaner, more efficient and adequately compensated public service;

•Require full disclosure in all media outlets of all government contracts over N100m prior to award and during implementation at regular intervals;

•Reform and Strengthen the Justice System for efficient administration and dispensation of justice along with the creation of special courts for accelerated hearing of corruption, drug trafficking, terrorism and similar cases of national importance;

•Ensure full implementation of the Freedom of Information Act so that government held data sets can be requested and used by the media and the public at large, and then published on regular basis;

•Seek to amend the Constitution to require local governments to publish their meeting minutes, service performance data and items of spending over N10M.
Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by 989900: 8:33am On Jun 03, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
The end! [s]But u may check ur dictionary for fallacy and assumption...[/s]

U shld engage in 'sensible' discussion with that hawk cheesy [s]because that's the only thing that may won't as u to provide a logical counter[/s]!
Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:04am On Jun 03, 2016
MadamExcellency:

Baby boy, a little civility wouldn't hurt you.

Why are you always angry and insecure? You are already down hence your frustration on missed opportunity is no longer necessary.

Goodluck Jonathan is far gone and we have Buhari for the next four years but your expectations have already fizzled out on the need to restructure Nigeria.

APC Manifesto On CONSTITUTION REFORM

•Initiate action to amend our Constitution with a view to devolving powers, duties and responsibilities to states and local governments in order to entrench true Federalism and the Federal spirit;

•Strengthen INEC to reduce/ eliminate electoral malpractices;

•Attract the best and brightest into our politics and public service by aggressive recruitment of private sector people, academics and professionals within Nigeria and in the Diaspora through internships, fellowships, executive appointments and special nomination to contest elective offices;

•Prevent abuse of executive, legislative and public offices through greater accountability, transparency and strict enforcement of anti-corruption laws whilst strengthening the EFCC and ICPC;

•Amend the Constitution to remove immunity from prosecution for elected officers in criminal cases;

•Restructure government for a leaner, more efficient and adequately compensated public service;

•Require full disclosure in all media outlets of all government contracts over N100m prior to award and during implementation at regular intervals;

•Reform and Strengthen the Justice System for efficient administration and dispensation of justice along with the creation of special courts for accelerated hearing of corruption, drug trafficking, terrorism and similar cases of national importance;

•Ensure full implementation of the Freedom of Information Act so that government held data sets can be requested and used by the media and the public at large, and then published on regular basis;

•Seek to amend the Constitution to require local governments to publish their meeting minutes, service performance data and items of spending over N10M.
little girl, I have already cut the slacks for my dearest APC.. U wanna knw why?

because the PDPigz will never stop to scuttle any good intention anybody has in a bid to restructure the system!

1. Saraki high jacked the senate with the support of the PDP.. It all started from there... No more unified voice as we all knw who supported him (PDP) to frustrate any effort from the presidency..

2. Declaration of assets: did u remember the first senator to oppose this? His party?

3. Reduction in legislative allowances and salary after the presidency towed the line..SARAKI, supported by who?

4. Budget! Hehehe.. Padding things. Tell me how it wasn't business as usual. Though, this involved all parties, but who came out to tell us how it has been the norm?

5. Power generation: only an idiot would say Buhari or Fashola is the cause of this. Little baby, did u recollect the all time highest peak of power generation? Did u recollect the slang, Buhari's body odour? Let me quickly help u out..

a. Gases were adequately supplied to power the turbines unlike wen we were just concentrated on selling and embezzling the funds.

b. Then, ur brothers started to strike. It was funny how u all rejoiced about the fall of the power sector while u neglected the culprit.

c. But, not to worry, as a sensible govt, they have resolved to building hydro powered plants. Good move.. Yes or yes? grin

6. Dollar!!! Its buhari and the CB govnr's fault, right? Yes, its their fault by wanting to cut the corrupt practices whereby ur goons collect subsidy cash/ low forex from CBN and resell for profit first, before using it for the intended purposes. Now, that it APC's fault.

7. Fuel!!! First, GEJ proposed to remove subsidy and announced 197/litre in 2012. Remember? People were worried that the money wld be embezzled.

Buhari removed subsidy, price fell to 87/litre. Guess who were not happy? grin

a. Suddenly, the feds started earning on each liter even with the removal of subsidy.

b. But.. Our people started hoarding and refused to import. Govt repaired the refineries to absorb their shortfall.. But em.. With gladness, pipes started going up in flames! Refineries rendered null and fuel scarcity. Forcing the govt to start payment of subsidy again but not for long.. U can't keep taking us for granted and feeding off the nation. Here it is: 145/ liter..

But did u knw, that that price is still the 12th lowest in the world? Ask google! As saudi or Venezuela!

8. I can go on and tell u reasons why the recent strike was ineffective. We all knw that the president had good intentions.. But CORRUPTION is fighting back, BIG TIME!!!

So, like I said.. I dnt give a fucck.. I am in the light about how it is happening. I am not an eastern slowpoke who lives off propaganda, lies and hearsays.

I am learned and biliv me, enlightened. because u scream, 'its the presidency's fault', doesn't make me panic a bit..

CALL IT EXCUSES... Yes, they are!
Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by MadamExcellency: 10:17am On Jun 03, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
little girl, I have already cut the slacks for my dearest APC.. U wanna knw why?

because the PDPigz will never stop to scuttle any good intention anybody has in a bid to restructure the system!

1. Saraki high jacked the senate with the support of the PDP.. It all started from there... No more unified voice as we all knw who supported him (PDP) to frustrate any effort from the presidency..

2. Declaration of assets: did u remember the first senator to oppose this? His party?

3. Reduction in legislative allowances and salary after the presidency towed the line..SARAKI, supported by who?

4. Budget! Hehehe.. Padding things. Tell me how it wasn't business as usual. Though, this involved all parties, but who came out to tell us how it has been the norm?

5. Power generation: only an idiot would say Buhari or Fashola is the cause of this. Little baby, did u recollect the all time highest peak of power generation? Did u recollect the slang, Buhari's body odour? Let me quickly help u out..

a. Gases were adequately supplied to power the turbines unlike wen we were just concentrated on selling and embezzling the funds.

b. Then, ur brothers started to strike. It was funny how u all rejoiced about the fall of the power sector while u neglected the culprit.

c. But, not to worry, as a sensible govt, they have resolved to building hydro powered plants. Good move.. Yes or yes? grin

6. Dollar!!! Its buhari and the CB govnr's fault, right? Yes, its their fault by wanting to cut the corrupt practices whereby ur goons collect subsidy cash/ low forex from CBN and resell for profit first, before using it for the intended purposes. Now, that it APC's fault.

7. Fuel!!! First, GEJ proposed to remove subsidy and announced 197/litre in 2012. Remember? People were worried that the money wld be embezzled.

Buhari removed subsidy, price fell to 87/litre. Guess who were not happy? grin

a. Suddenly, the feds started earning on each liter even with the removal of subsidy.

b. But.. Our people started hoarding and refused to import. Govt repaired the refineries to absorb their shortfall.. But em.. With gladness, pipes started going up in flames! Refineries rendered null and fuel scarcity. Forcing the govt to start payment of subsidy again but not for long.. U can't keep taking us for granted and feeding off the nation. Here it is: 145/ liter..

But did u knw, that that price is still the 12th lowest in the world? Ask google! As saudi or Venezuela!

8. I can go on and tell u reasons why the recent strike was ineffective. We all knw that the president had good intentions.. But CORRUPTION is fighting back, BIG TIME!!!

So, like I said.. I dnt give a fucck.. I am in the light about how it is happening. I am not an eastern slowpoke who lives off propaganda, lies and hearsays.

I am learned and biliv me, enlightened. because u scream, 'its the presidency's fault', doesn't make me panic a bit..

CALL IT EXCUSES... Yes, they are!

Campaign for implementation of the first paragraph in APC manifesto which calls for restructuring Nigeria.

If Buhari wants to throw away Jonathan's national conference into dustbin of history, fine and good but he should then initiate a sovereign National Conference which APC advocated immediately to resolve Nigeria long standing differences.
Re: What Is Wrong With The CBN? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:22pm On Jun 03, 2016
MadamExcellency:

Campaign for implementation of the first paragraph in APC manifesto which calls for restructuring Nigeria.

If Buhari wants to throw away Jonathan's national conference into dustbin of history, fine and good but he should then initiate a sovereign National Conference which APC advocated immediately to resolve Nigeria long standing differences.
now, I biliv u meant well..

But u forgot the part where a saboteur occupies the highest seat of the legislature!

Maybe u forgot, the bill to dismantle EFCC is already in the house, the bill not reduce allowance of legislatures was thrown out, the bill to reduce the power of the presidency is in play, the bill to dismantle NNPC was thrown out...

My point?

I'm sure u already got it... If nigeria wld be restructured, how can this be done with the saboteurs in place?

(1) (Reply)

Amaechi Corruption Profile AND How He Corruptly Sponsor Buhari's Campaign / Minimum Wage To Become N56,000 By 2017 / Jonathan On His Way To Donald Trump's inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.