Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta (8486 Views)

"We Warned Buhari Not To Appoint Aisha Alhassan" - El-Rufai / Niger-Delta Avengers Invites Buhari To Niger-Delta / Buhari Not In London For Treatment- Femi Adesina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by Built2last: 11:34pm On Jun 02, 2016
Churchill Umoren writes

From what i gathered from the state department here in the US, the Niger Delta Avengers was serious about killing Buhari. It is instructive to note that the NDA had always done what they promised. No bluffs. they give the military notice of blowing oil installations, and it has been serial. Learnt the US govt with d benefit of Intel, advised the Presidency to cancel, because even if Buhari escaped, there would have been collateral damage. Also, The Avengers have cells scattered around Ogoniland run by foot soldiers. Said a source " To attack during the visit was very imminent, they operate as guerillas, so his DSS, and soldiers would have been blind sided. To harm the Nigerian President in such environment would have been easy because the soldiers have no clue, not well equipped for such, and his secret service are not trained in counter terrorism, like the FBI and US Secret Service who protect the US President. the Nigeria President is viewed as "enemy of state" in the Delta, to them he is persona non grata"

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by fistonati(m): 11:49pm On Jun 02, 2016
PMB's has gently heed to the word of his elders. Man shall not live by bread alone, but by wisdom

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by huntila(m): 12:04am On Jun 03, 2016
From the Head, to the bottom....No one is SAFE ....no Adequate Security

1 Like

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by obailala(m): 12:06am On Jun 03, 2016
Built2last:
Churchill Umoren writes

From what i gathered from the state department here in the US, the Niger Delta Avengers was serious about killing Buhari. It is instructive to note that the NDA had always done what they promised. No bluffs. they give the military notice of blowing oil installations, and it has been serial. Learnt the US govt with d benefit of Intel, advised the Presidency to cancel, because even if Buhari escaped, there would have been collateral damage. Also, The Avengers have cells scattered around Ogoniland run by foot soldiers. Said a source " To attack during the visit was very imminent, they operate as guerillas, so his DSS, and soldiers would have been blind sided. To harm the Nigerian President in such environment would have been easy because the soldiers have no clue, not well equipped for such, and his secret service are not trained in counter terrorism, like the FBI and US Secret Service who protect the US President. the Nigeria President is viewed as "enemy of state" in the Delta, to them he is persona non grata"
No offence but this is absolute trash. If Buhari had gone to Ogoni, there is absolutely nothing anyone could have done about it. It is very silly for anyone to compare the security of inanimate pipelines which run hundreds of kilometers to the security of one man. Any kid can just pick up an isolated unsecure portion of a very long pipeline, set a dynamite and blow it up, but it is obviously not the case when it is a president; besides the scavengers are unlike bokoharam terrorists who are willing to die in suicide missions.

I strongly believe the sahara reporters' story which says the president is sick. All his visits in the last 2 weeks have been cancelled from Lagos to Calabar to Ogoni to Senegal.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by nnachukz(m): 12:12am On Jun 03, 2016
obailala:
No offence but this is absolute trash. If Buhari had gone to Ogoni, there is absolutely nothing anyone could have done about it. It is very silly for anyone to compare the security of inanimate pipelines which run hundreds of kilometers to the security of one man. Any kid can just pick up an isolated unsecure portion of a very long pipeline, set a dynamite and blow it up, but it is obviously not the case when it is a president; besides the scavengers are unlike bokoharam terrorists who are willing to die in suicide missions.

I strongly believe the sahara reporters' story which says the president is sick. All his visits in the last 2 weeks have been cancelled from Lagos to Calabar to Ogoni to Senegal.
Nothing would have really happened? Why didn't he go? His life is not Nigeria where he is using trial and error method.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by kabman: 12:18am On Jun 03, 2016
Rubbish,buhari is obviously sick.

1 Like

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by idupaul: 12:23am On Jun 03, 2016
Built2last:
Churchill Umoren writes

So beer palour is now state dept ? wonders shall never end ooo.... Absolute thrash

10 Likes

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by virus05(m): 12:27am On Jun 03, 2016
obailala:

gerrout u are talking trash.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by Expensivewarrio: 12:39am On Jun 03, 2016
tongue grin cheesy
Our COWARD presido has re-define the word cowardice. We are now a laughing stock in the committee of nations, as a people who elected a lily livered chicken general, who hides under his wifes wrapper because of a mere threat from civilians cum militants.

No wonder he wears the crown of the only head of state in human history to have been removed from office without a knockout sound or gun shot. Our quarter system general aka buharii is an apology to bravery and fearlessness.

Kudos to GEJ for daring what a supposedly general could not do

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by Expensivewarrio: 12:51am On Jun 03, 2016
obailala:

Una don de boast again abi? After the chicken quarter system general chickened out of ogoni land, when realising that u folks are sheering him to his death.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by tdayof(m): 2:39am On Jun 03, 2016
[b]I had a feeling Buhari not visiting has some reasons.
Even if Buhari was going to be attack I think that's almost impossible as no bullet will be able to get close in range as that will be covered... Do you mean a bomb or mine? The president convoy has a forward team who goes ahead of him... and probably a remote controlled IEDS?? That shiit ain't going to explode as the presidential convoy has a radio Jammer unit in it.... The highest would have been engaging the Nigerian Military in which the Navy won't hesitate to make use of her frigates to launch missiles on their position and won't be considered as a war crime by the world court as the President life is being put at risk.

Obama once made a secret visit to Afghanistan in 2014 in which not even the ATC knows Airforce one already took off from the airport. A secret visit because he knew he was a target. Are you saying he doesn't trust his troops to protect him? No!!!

Tho I was disappointed in Buhari but him not going doesn't mean he is a coward.

......and Mr President should solve issues well too. These people should not be suffering in their own land with such oil.
This is just like a matter of Monkey working and Baboon eating. [/b]

14 Likes

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by OreMI22: 2:43am On Jun 03, 2016
Coward president! grin grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by koladebrainiac(m): 2:46am On Jun 03, 2016
nnachukz:
Nothing would have really happened? Why didn't he go? His life is not Nigeria where he is using trial and error method.
Same reason he didnt go to Lagos n calabar mumu.
Its obvious u watch too many american movies.
Intel ko nitel ni
Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by Sweetlemon(f): 2:51am On Jun 03, 2016
tdayof:
Even if Buhari was going to be attack I think that's almost impossible as no bullet will be able to get close in range as that will be covered... Do you mean a bomb or mine? The president convoy has a forward team who goes ahead of him... and probably a remote controlled IEDS?? That shiit ain't going to explode as the presidential convoy has a radio Jammer unit in it.... The highest would have been engaging the Nigerian Military in which the Navy won't hesitate to make use of her frigates to launch missiles on their position and won't be considered as a war crime by the world court as the President life is being put at risk.

Obama once made a secret visit to Afghanistan in 2014 in which not even the ATC knows Airforce one already took off from the airport. A secret visit because he knew he was a target. Are you saying he doesn't trust his troops to protect him? No!!!

......and Mr President should solve issues well too. These people should not be suffering in their own land with such oil.

And who is making us suffer in our own lands? What are our governors and senators and representatives doing for us

3 Likes

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by Nobody: 3:12am On Jun 03, 2016
I suspected that a powerful intelligence agency must had warned him.

Two most powerful intelligence agencies in the world in this order
1. MOSSAD...very powerful that other intelligence agencies around the world rely on them!
2. CIA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by Nobody: 3:16am On Jun 03, 2016
OKKO:
The lethal NDA did not need to confront NA face to face to harm the president, they did not need to be in Ogoni, PH or even rivers state to get him...they well motivated, very technological and heavily funded. They now boast of surface to air missiles. This weapon of mass destruction can target the venue accurately from a neighboring state or expanse of the ND creeks. That's why they threatened that any body that walks with the president will die with him too. They have also threatened to bring down choppers.

#so never joke with a threat to your life!

Just wondering...does Nigerian Military have a missile defense system if the impossible were to happen - NDA launching a missile?

1 Like

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by Nobody: 3:20am On Jun 03, 2016
tdayof:

Assuming NDA launched a precision driven missile from a very far distance to where Buhari was supposed to be at, the question now becomes...does Nigeria military have a missile defense system to protect the president and civilians?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by tdayof(m): 3:30am On Jun 03, 2016
Uduak2019:

Assuming NDA launched a precision driven missile from a very far distance to where Buhari was supposed to be at, the question now becomes...does Nigeria military have a missile defense system?
launching a missile . What type? Probably a manpad?? RPGs... I don't know the presidential Convoy Specification. However RPG's have limited range as it needs LOS (line of sight) in which It would be seen as the shooter range will be covered. If the person launching an RPG seems far away then it won't be able to meet its target as no guidance system will direct it to a moving target.

....again in a threat area military helicopters will be available to provide cover as they are also equipped with Anti SAM ECM.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by tdayof(m): 3:36am On Jun 03, 2016
OKKO:
The lethal NDA did not need to confront NA face to face to harm the president, they did not need to be in Ogoni, PH or even rivers state to get him...they well motivated, very technological and heavily funded. They now boast of surface to air missiles. This weapon of mass destruction can target the venue accurately from a neighboring state or expanse of the ND creeks. That's why they threatened that any body that walks with the president will die with him too. They have also threatened to bring down choppers.

#so never joke with a threat to your life!

No one should tell me a terrorist has a missile capable of destroying a neighboring state again... bro Nigerians ain't illiterate and not al of us are back ward technologically.. do you know what it means to shoot a missile to a neighboring state? ISIS can't boast of a Missile with 20km range and you are talking of NDA.. and for a long range missile a fire control radar is needed sir... so please cut that...

5 Likes

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by 9japride(m): 3:40am On Jun 03, 2016
obailala:

[color=#006600][/color]

U wicked o. So you want the president to die for nothing? Life is not always gra gra. Buhari is human.

1 Like

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by Nobody: 3:42am On Jun 03, 2016
tdayof:
[s]launching a missile . What type? Probably a manpad?? RPGs... I don't know the presidential Convoy Specification. However RPG's have limited range as it needs LOS (line of sight) in which It would be seen as the shooter range will be covered. If the person launching an RPG seems far away then it won't be able to meet its target as no guidance system will direct it to a moving target.

....again in a threat area military helicopters will be available to provide cover as they are also equipped with Anti SAM ECM[/s].

You are obviously naive...very naive when it comes to missiles, rockets and defense systems. I clearly said "precision driven/guided missile", and you begin your rambling...asking about what type, specification and nonsense! Talking about "RPG"...my friend RPG is a rocket not a precision-guided munition used by small boys/boko haram.. A precision driven munition can be launched from Ogun state to hit a target in Ogoni....okay! You also rambled about military helicopters providing cover against missile? Oh lord. I thought you were intelligent. DON'T YOU EVER REPLY ME AGAIN...GOODNESS ME!

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by irondome: 3:51am On Jun 03, 2016
obailala:

There may be some iota of truth in the report. The truth is--if there was a successful attack against PMB, orchestrated by the ND militants, this country would definitely boil over the next 3-7 years. If possible that the US wasn't favourably disposed to the risk of another key African state thrown into crisis. They are still licking their wounds with Libya, Egypt is still shaky with the brotherhood lurking in the dark. My personal opinion though.

2 Likes

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by tdayof(m): 3:52am On Jun 03, 2016
Uduak2019:

[s]
You are obviously naive...very naive when it comes to missiles, rockets and defense systems. I clearly said "precision driven/guided missile", and you begin you rambling...talking about "RPG"...my friend RPG is a rocket not precision-guided....not a missile. You also rambled about military helicopters providing cover against missile? Oh lord. I thought you were intelligent. DON'T YOU EVER REPLY ME AGAIN...GOODNESS ME![/s]

Haha.. very stupid a reply...well I didn't see your precision guided missile..
And how does NDA have the ability to operate a precision guided missile?? Man list ISIS precision guided missiles... and stop ranting.. and helicopters are to provide assault of enemy missiles position and covering the sky... Yea Helicopters against missiles .. I ain't dumb and I know what an saying am an Aerospace Engineering Student and I was majoring in Guidance and control system before changing to Electronic countermeasures.... Helicopters are being used against Missile positions... Active and Semi active seeking missiles using Fire control radars get Jammed with ECM so how much more a precision guided missile without a fire control radar?. Man you just dumb and you can reply yourself after this.

And man no precision guided missile can be launched from Ogun to Ogoni without a fire control ? Not even Russia s400 battery or someone is talking about ballistic or cruise missile grin

5 Likes

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by Nobody: 3:58am On Jun 03, 2016
tdayof:

Haha.. very stupid a reply...well I didn't see your precision guided missile..
And how does NDA have the ability to operate a precision guided missile?? Man list ISIS precision guided missiles... and stop ranting.. and helicopters are to provide assault of enemy missiles position and covering the sky... Yea Helicopters against missiles .. I ain't dumb and I know what an saying am an Aerospace Engineering Student and I was majoring in Guidance and control system before changing to Electronic countermeasures.... Helicopters are being used against Missile positions... Active and Semi active seeking missiles using Fire control radars get Jammed with ECM so how much more a precision guided missile without a fire control radar?. Man you just dumb and you can reply yourself after this.

And man no precision guided missile can be launched from Ogun to Ogoni without a fire control radar..

OKKO pls teach this dummy a little more about precision guided missiles that can be launched from a neighboring state to hit target with accurate precision.

1 Like

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by irondome: 4:01am On Jun 03, 2016
tdayof:

No one should tell me a terrorist has a missile capable of destroying a neighboring state again... bro Nigerians ain't illiterate and not al of us are back ward technologically.. do you know what it means to shoot a missile to a neighboring state? ISIS can't boast of a Missile with 20km range and you are talking of NDA.. and for a long range missile a fire control radar is needed sir... so please cut that...

Ordinary Hamas in Palestine, launch their primitive shoulder-mounted missiles into Israel and not to talk of sophisticated missiles with range over 11000km.

3 Likes

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by tdayof(m): 4:08am On Jun 03, 2016
irondome:

Ordinary Hamas in Palestine, launch their primitive shoulder-mounted missiles into Israel and not to talk of sophisticated missiles with range over 11000km.

Man please tell me another lie.. we are talking about conventional guided missiles here and not cruise or ballistic missile...
Russian SAM s400 40N6 has one of the longest range with 400km and US Patriot with 160km..
And no terrorist group has the capability to operate a 10km precision guided missile
How are you guiding it to its target?? Semi active, passive or active guidance? Or you mean inertia guidance at such range without a fire control radar? Nahh.

And you just typed a shoulder fired missile with 11000 range. Haha I need a link to that news.

1 Like

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by xelly: 4:33am On Jun 03, 2016
tdayof:

Buhari will not survive the sound of a gun.

3 Likes

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by Horus(m): 4:46am On Jun 03, 2016
Source?. I dont believe this article
Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by porka: 4:47am On Jun 03, 2016
obailala:

If the president is sick as you alleged, can't they just inform us so we begin to pray for his recovery?

They shouldn't hide him like they did to Yaradua. Everyone will fall sick as some point. Buhari is a human being like all of us.

The APC and its supporters saw how the country was engulfed in crisis during Yaradua's sickness, they should spare us of these troubles. We should have learnt one or two things from that unfortunate episode.

2 Likes

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by matrix199(m): 5:10am On Jun 03, 2016
The NDAs know the implication of assassinating a president in a country like this where human rights violation knows no bound. Some soldiers were killed in Odi, Bayelsa state, some years ago, the repercussion was many lives wasted by the Nigerian army. Assassinating the president will spell doom for the entire Niger-Delta region.

I believe the NDAs were just bluffing, using psychological warfare in gaining relevance.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ngige, Kachikwu Set To Meet PENGASSAN Over Proposed Strike / Expel And Prosecute Omo-agege, Group Tells Senate / NASS Leadership: APC Rules Gbajabiamila Out Of Speakership Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.