Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta (8496 Views)

"We Warned Buhari Not To Appoint Aisha Alhassan" - El-Rufai / Niger-Delta Avengers Invites Buhari To Niger-Delta / Buhari Not In London For Treatment- Femi Adesina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by Megasaucy(f): 10:00am On Jun 03, 2016
This is with respect, a crappy reportage. It is a slanted morale booster to the Niger Delta "terrorist" using the subterfuge of a non existent intel by a facelees report. From the name of the so called reporter, you can easily guess the intent behind the silly report. No source; no direct quote from any credible sources in Nigeria and US intelligence circles. It is likely a report cobbled together in the Creeks of Niger Delta or by their a sympathiser from their easternly direction. Any reasonable person will know that only logical reason the president did not go to PH was the fear of what the security forces might do in the event apprehension of an attack on his life. Period!!! The Millitary's ROE allows them to resort to force of arms on reasonable apprehension of any threat. One can only imagine the carnage such action would cause to the peaceful Ogonis who only want their land cleaned and the likely aftermath of same in the international community.

Niger Deltans should thank their stars that the president decided to spare the mealy mouthed scAvengers and protect the innocents people's of ND instead from a carnage that would have made Odi and the Shia's experience a child's play when compared!

1 Like

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by tdayof(m): 10:05am On Jun 03, 2016
Cannonleo:
frigates jeez easy bro, frigates don't operate in shallow waters abeg. As for remote ide I know that the official vehicle has stang 2to3 protection level but hey jammers do not fit that level, if there was a sniper around dude he would hit his Mark or have u forgotten how ph airport omagwa looks like
Frigates don't operate in shallow waters but can launch missiles from long distance.
and yea thanks for the other post
Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by Megasaucy(f): 10:14am On Jun 03, 2016
This is with respect, a crappy reportage. It is a slanted morale booster to the Niger Delta "terrorist" using the subterfuge of a non existent intel by a facelees reporter. From the name of the so called reporter, you can easily guess the intent behind the silly report. No source; no direct quote from any credible sources in Nigeria and US intelligence circles. It is likely a report cobbled together in the Creeks of Niger Delta or by a sympathiser from their easternly direction. Any reasonable person will know that only logical reason the president did not go to Ogoni land was the fear of what the security forces might do in the event apprehension of an attack on his life. Period!!! The Millitary's ROE allows them to resort to force of arms on reasonable apprehension of any threat. One can only imagine the carnage such action would cause to the peaceful Ogonis who only want their land cleaned and the likely aftermath of same in the international community.

I recollect the time in late 2003 or thereabouts- after the invasion of Iraq by the Americans and their allies- the U.S president wanted to visit Baghdad, he was warned not to come; not because the US military could not protect him but out of fear of the human cost of the visit on the innocent Iraqis and the American human rights record. He settled for a secret visit! He left before the Iraqis suicide bombers realized that he was there!

Niger Deltans should thank their stars that the president decided to spare the mealy mouthed scAvengers and protect the innocent people of Ogoniland instead from a carnage that would have made Odi and the Shia's experience a child's play when compared!
Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 03, 2016
kabman:
Rubbish,buhari is obviously sick.
what do u mean? is somebody at his age not suppose to be sick? the dullard has outgrown d age of miracles. APC just kept him there to be making money for them. in other words, the used the sick man for ogwuego ( money ritual).
Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by othuskyTM(m): 11:36am On Jun 03, 2016
obailala:
No offence but this is absolute trash. If Buhari had gone to Ogoni, there is absolutely nothing anyone could have done about it. It is very silly for anyone to compare the security of inanimate pipelines which run hundreds of kilometers to the security of one man. Any kid can just pick up an isolated unsecure portion of a very long pipeline, set a dynamite and blow it up, but it is obviously not the case when it is a president; besides the scavengers are unlike bokoharam terrorists who are willing to die in suicide missions.

I strongly believe the sahara reporters' story which says the president is sick. All his visits in the last 2 weeks have been cancelled from Lagos to Calabar to Ogoni to Senegal.
Why is it that Cow will always support cow?.
Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by irondome: 11:43am On Jun 03, 2016
tdayof:

Man please tell me another lie.. we are talking about conventional guided missiles here and not cruise or ballistic missile...
Russian SAM s400 40N6 has one of the longest range with 400km and US Patriot with 160km..
And no terrorist group has the capability to operate a 10km precision guided missile
How are you guiding it to its target?? Semi active, passive or active guidance? Or you mean inertia guidance at such range without a fire control radar? Nahh.

And you just typed a shoulder fired missile with 11000 range. Haha I need a link to that news.

Read my post again mate? I reckon I used the word sophisticated missiles (e.g Ballistic missiles). For instance the Chinese long-range intercontinental ballistic missile has a range of 11,200km. If still in doubt, google is your friend.
Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by tdayof(m): 11:53am On Jun 03, 2016
irondome:

Read my post again mate? I reckon I used the word sophisticated missiles (e.g Ballistic missiles). For instance the Chinese long-range intercontinental ballistic missile has a range of 11,200km. If still in doubt, google is your friend.

Okay... I mentioned earlier that only ballistic and cruise missiles can go far.. and no terrorist organization can operate a ballistic missile not to talk of NDA.. they cant own one.. and ballistic missiles are easily countered.. a country that own a ballistic missile can counter it... US Patriot and S400 also serves as anti ballistic protection.
Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by emerged01(m): 12:18pm On Jun 03, 2016
obailala:
No offence but this is absolute trash. If Buhari had gone to Ogoni, there is absolutely nothing anyone could have done about it. It is very silly for anyone to compare the security of inanimate pipelines which run hundreds of kilometers to the security of one man. Any kid can just pick up an isolated unsecure portion of a very long pipeline, set a dynamite and blow it up, but it is obviously not the case when it is a president; besides the scavengers are unlike bokoharam terrorists who are willing to die in suicide missions.

I strongly believe the sahara reporters' story which says the president is sick. All his visits in the last 2 weeks have been cancelled from Lagos to Calabar to Ogoni to Senegal.

It is not a trash,the guy is right. NDA has made it known several times that they can strike anywhere. Mr president is not sick. If you can remember, NDA earlier vowed that they will strike in Lagos and Abuja but a group in Southwest protested,and vowed to retaliate by going after ijaws in Lagos. You can't write off the fact that Mr president cancelled the trip to Lagos for security reason. NDA is not joking whenever they warned of the might thing that they will do that will make the whole world shakes".
Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by obailala(m): 12:59pm On Jun 03, 2016
othuskyTM:
Why is it that Cow will always support cow?.
I suppose you are referring to your family right?

Common sense shouldnt be too difficult to acquire, especially when is naturally given at birth. This isnt a political argument, if only you had a bit of common sense, then you would know that it is silly to compare security around a president to the security guarding a mere pipeline.
Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by obailala(m): 1:00pm On Jun 03, 2016
emerged01:

It is not a trash,the guy is right. NDA has made it known several times that they can strike anywhere. Mr president is not sick. If you can remember, NDA earlier vowed that they will strike in Lagos and Abuja but a group in Southwest protested,and vowed to retaliate by going after ijaws in Lagos. You can't write off the fact that Mr president cancelled the trip to Lagos for security reason. NDA is not joking whenever they warned of the might thing that they will do that will make the whole world shakes".
What about the cancelled Senegal and Calabar trip?... he was scared of Ebola or 404 right?
Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by mokset123: 1:05pm On Jun 03, 2016
koladebrainiac:

Same reason he didnt go to Lagos n calabar mumu.
Its obvious u watch too many american movies.
Intel ko nitel ni
Aside from him being sick, another reason could be that he could be mobbed, stoned or booed at.
He knows they have underperformed during their first year in office.
Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by koladebrainiac(m): 1:32pm On Jun 03, 2016
mokset123:

Aside from him being sick, another reason could be that he could be mobbed, stoned or booed at.
He knows they have underperformed during their first year in office.
Nobody will stone him.
But if they try it, the reprisal attack would throw the country into chaos.
Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 03, 2016
Somehow and very soon our oppressors will be shaken at the very root of their comfort zone. At that time the Yoruba and Hausa / Fulani will be the ones wishing for a round table discussion for a peaceful way forward. Civil war victory spoilt the bullies of Nigeria. They never taught for a while that it was impossible to win the war if not for foreign assistance from the world powers. Hence small men deluded themselves to be giants in the mould of Moshe Dyan of Israel. Small men whose only credential to greatness was their ability to murder defenceless men, women, children and bombing of hospitals.
Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by irondome: 2:23pm On Jun 03, 2016
hedonistic:

The political and socio-ethnic configuration of Nigeria does not lend itself to a full-blown, protracted crisis in the aftermath of a potential elimination of this president. Worst case scenario is that his fellow abokki cattle rearers would forment trouble in their Northern enclaves, and take out their frustrations on any unfortunate southerner they encounter in the core north. They cannot and will not troop en masse into the South South, South East, or South West to try any rubbish. Nigeria is certainly not Libya or Egypt.

If a President Jonathan who belongs to the region producing the wealth of the nation had been assassinated (God 'forbade'), ehen, Nigeria would have certainly become history. . Because it would have been impossible for any Northern president to be allowed into the Niger Delta to come and touch their oil.

The North has nothing to offer, so an eliminated Northern president cannot set the country on fire. Abokki would shout Allah this and that and behead a couple of people up north, and that would be it.

I keep saying it that Jonathan made a grave mistake by chickening out in fear that Nigeria would erupt in crisis if he had won the election by hook or crook. Nothing more would have happened other than the usual abokki bursts of madness in the core north for a few days, and I don't care if some stubborn North-based southerners pay with their lives for refusing to relocate to their home regions at such volatile times.

1. Stop saying the north has nothing to offer. Nigerians are still grasping with the scarcity of ordinary tomatoes, not to talk of other agricultural produce they bring on board.
2. A successful assassination of PMB would result in a full-scale civil war. The north would go on killing spree, the militant in SS would continue to mark their territory, Biafrans would capitalized on the opportunity to pull away, the central government along with SW would be pro-occupied with fighting a multi-facet war to quell violence in each of the other regions and keep the country together.

How would GEJ had won by crook? In the north where the Aboki's followed INEC officials to collation point? or Southwest which was APC stronghold? With money? Apparently PDP squandered trillions of Naira. It was absolutely impossible for GEJ to win that election by any means, which explained why he had to postpone the election at a point.

1 Like

Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by jamesibor: 2:52pm On Jun 03, 2016
Built2last:
Churchill Umoren writes

From what i gathered from the state department here in the US, the Niger Delta Avengers was serious about killing Buhari. It is instructive to note that the NDA had always done what they promised. No bluffs. they give the military notice of blowing oil installations, and it has been serial. Learnt the US govt with d benefit of Intel, advised the Presidency to cancel, because even if Buhari escaped, there would have been collateral damage. Also, The Avengers have cells scattered around Ogoniland run by foot soldiers. Said a source " To attack during the visit was very imminent, they operate as guerillas, so his DSS, and soldiers would have been blind sided. To harm the Nigerian President in such environment would have been easy because the soldiers have no clue, not well equipped for such, and his secret service are not trained in counter terrorism, like the FBI and US Secret Service who protect the US President. the Nigeria President is viewed as "enemy of state" in the Delta, to them he is persona non grata"

Who warned him not to go to Lagos?
Who warned him not to go to Calabar?
Who warned him not to go to Senegal?
Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by HammerEvery(f): 2:58pm On Jun 03, 2016
Just as the lives of SE and SS youth are worth nothing to Buhari. Buhari's life is worth nothing to the SESS, forget all the mystical aura his zombies try to paint him with. He is just a regular fortunate abokki-fulani, he would have been wasted the way he wastes the lives of youths in the Eastern region and heaven will not fall, it will only cause war and the country will divide.

Caveat: If fulanis really love this nigeria, they should stop foisting their bigots like Buhari, kwankwaso etc on everyone else. Yar adua, shagari were much loved in the south, why not find someone like them? Must it always be your greatest bigots?
Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:43pm On Jun 03, 2016
obailala:
Why didnt he go to Senegal or lagos or calabar?
Obailala, haven't u seen that most of the ipobian bigots on NL lack the requisite IQ to comprehend little tins? Ignoring the bigots is better!
Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:46pm On Jun 03, 2016
HammerEvery:
Just as the lives of SE and SS youth are worth nothing to Buhari. Buhari's life is worth nothing to the SESS, forget all the mystical aura his zombies try to paint him with. He is just a regular fortunate abokki-fulani, he would have been wasted the way he wastes the lives of youths in the Eastern region and heaven will not fall, it will only cause war and the country will divide.

Caveat: If fulanis really love this nigeria, they should foisting their bigots like Buhari, kwankwaso etc on everyone else. Yar adua, shagari were much loved in the south, why not find someone like them? Must it always be your greatest bigots?
I heard tthat NDA warned PMB not to go to Senegal!
Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by Cannonleo(m): 3:47pm On Jun 03, 2016
tdayof:
Frigates don't operate in shallow waters but can launch missiles from long distance.
and yea thanks for the other post
nigerian frigates for now do not have missiles capabilities and are too few ( i think 2 0r 3) that has informed the need to acquire missile boats as apart from aradu which has been MIA since goin for maintenance the other two have baggages attached to them. and ur very correct. plus ur welcome
Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:56pm On Jun 03, 2016
jomonic:
Somehow and very soon our oppressors will be shaken at the very root of their comfort zone. At that time the Yoruba and Hausa / Fulani will be the ones wishing for a round table discussion for a peaceful way forward. Civil war victory spoilt the bullies of Nigeria. They never taught for a while that it was impossible to win the war if not for foreign assistance from the world powers. Hence small men deluded themselves to be giants in the mould of Moshe Dyan of Israel. Small men whose only credential to greatness was their ability to murder defenceless men, women, children and bombing of hospitals.
The real cowards who murdered defenceless women and children re biafran troops! They occupied my state and murdered innocent villagers including my uncle! BiafrAn troops and its erstwhile leader jus like the cowards they were thEy hurriedly surrendered when Fed troops successfully crossed the RN! U re adviced to go back to elementary history!
Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 03, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
The real cowards who murdered defenceless women and children re biafran troops! They occupied my state and murdered innocent villagers including my uncle! BiafrAn troops and its erstwhile leader jus like the cowards they were thEy hurriedly surrendered when Fed troops successfully crossed the RN! U re adviced to go back to elementary history!

Biafran troops were not cowards and there is no documentation anywhere to support your claim. Without foreign troops there is no defeating Biafra. No way!!! I am sure you are aware that the balance of guilt is very heavy on the federal side in terms of war crimes. ''Murdered defenceless women'': you were definitely referring to government troops who saw anything outside the south west and the north as ''nyamiri''. However be rest assured that the Nigerian government is ashamed of what they did and thus you will not find any story about the civil war in elementary history.
Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:05pm On Jun 03, 2016
jomonic:

Biafran troops were not cowards and there is no documentation anywhere to support your claim. Without foreign troops there is no defeating Biafra. No way!!! I am sure you are aware that the balance of guilt is very heavy on the federal side in terms of war crimes. ''Murdered defenceless women'': you were definitely referring to government troops who saw anything outside the south west and the north as ''nyamiri''. However be rest assured that the Nigerian government is ashamed of what they did and thus you will not find any story about the civil war in elementary history.
Do not allow sentiments to becloud ur sense of discernment. I give 1st class historical narrations told to me by my unbias dad who witnessed it all 1st hand! I repeat to u again that my state was occupied by biafran troops who killed innocent and defenceless villagers,including an uncle of mine, raped women and ravaged/looted pple's farms! Nigeria's govt show of no victor no vanquish was only a show put up for enhanced re integration of ibos back to society! History books about the civil war does not circulate in schools because govt is not interested in reopening wounds!
Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 03, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Do not allow sentiments to becloud ur sense of discernment. I give 1st class historical narrations told to me by my unbias dad who witnessed it all 1st hand! I repeat to u again that my state was occupied by biafran troops who killed innocent and defenceless villagers,including an uncle of mine, raped women and ravaged/looted pple's farms! Nigeria's govt show of no victor no vanquish was only a show put up for enhanced re integration of ibos back to society! History books about the civil war does not circulate in schools because govt is not interested in reopening wounds!

People often say ''don't be sentimental'' when they have some biases against what they heard. I am not sentimental one bit. You have allocated to your dad the title of unbiased and I will not join issues with you here. I was also told stories by my own father but the opinions I hold are not necessarily what I heard from my him but what I come to know and understand based on my personal research and experiencing. As of the atrocities committed by the federal forces there are numerous local and foreign media with detailed records of them. Be kind to indicate any atrocities committed by the Biafra soldiers as published by other sources other than stories passed on by your unbiased dad.
Re: America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta by Jesusloveyou: 8:26pm On Jun 03, 2016
nnachukz:
Nothing would have really happened? Why didn't he go? His life is not Nigeria where he is using trial and error method.
u think he is zombie like ur ineffectual buffoon.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Umahi Set To Empower Widows / PDP Calls For Arrest Of Miyetti Allah Leaders / I Want To Confess How I Got The Army Beheading Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.