Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,029 members, 7,838,581 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer (23145 Views)

Man Closes Company Account With GT Bank Over Innoson Saga(photo) / Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story / Gtbank Failed To Return Money After Failed Transfer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by Perfecttouch(m): 4:17pm On Jun 03, 2016
I just sent gtbank my own threat message.imagine for six weeks now they've not reversed my money.are these things even suppose to be happening? They keep tossing me around. Message complain,from complain to call customer care from customer to email card risk from card risk referring me back to complain and again to card risk.what nonsense.am giving them till today,I will drag them on all platform I know,these people are theives,imagine withdrawing a 100+ for card maintenance monthly and another 60-80 naira for messages.shey dem dey follow me do SMS chatting ni?
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by lereinter(m): 4:48pm On Jun 03, 2016
Useless Nigerian banks worst of all if you go

Report to the police still nothing will be

Done.
If u see how access bank will be disturbing you to download access mobile on your phone you will think they are competent to handle it if issues arises.
Now that Yu ve called them out maybe you will get your money back.
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by chux67: 4:55pm On Jun 03, 2016
report the bank to CBN(consumer protection department). also write to Nigeria Deposit Insurance cooperation.

you will surely get redress.
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 03, 2016
From the story, you don't have any proof to show that the transaction failed. You are only acting based on what the beneficiary told you. I suggest you simply walk into any UBA bank, present the account details to them and tell them that you transferred money to that account but the beneficiary is denying it. Tell them the date and exact amount. If the money is there they will inform you clearly. I'm sure Fidelity bank must have noticed that the beneficiary got the money and decided to apply diplomacy. Mind you there are ethics in every profession. You dnt expect them to tell you everything they saw on record/system.
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by dewlilly: 5:13pm On Jun 03, 2016
I understand how you feel concerning the challenges you experienced. Most Banks in Nigeria are guilty of the same issue.
Am sure Fidelity Bank will resolve this complaint today since we the Nairalanders are now involved.
Once again sorry for the inconvenience.

Takia.
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by darthv: 6:22pm On Jun 03, 2016
Fidelity very useless bank.. Their Atm is never working.
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by basadenet: 6:23pm On Jun 03, 2016
bobgem001:
fidelity bank and Infidelity.....
This man in the picture is going to jail after his term in office.

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by glossy6(f): 6:45pm On Jun 03, 2016
OLUJOSHINS:
E be like say I go withdraw my money commot 4rm that bank ooooooo. The news I read about them nowadays are scary

How much you get self tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by OLUJOSHINS(m): 6:47pm On Jun 03, 2016
glossy6:

How much you get self tongue tongue tongue tongue

grin grin grin grin
I assure U dear. No be 20 naira ooooo
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by mosaicafrique: 7:24pm On Jun 03, 2016
Sorry this happened this way and the bank did not tell you the exact cause, the funds if truly did not get to its destination can only be tracked by NIBSS NIGERIS INTERBANK SETTLEMENT SYSTEMS. and if the beneficiary will truly provide the statement of account as at that time to be really sure because some of us are FANTASTICALLY corrupt.
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by glossy6(f): 7:37pm On Jun 03, 2016
OLUJOSHINS:

grin grin grin grin

I assure U dear. No be 20 naira ooooo

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by amagzy: 7:55pm On Jun 03, 2016
NEHLIVE:
An angry customer has just accused Fidelity Bank Nigeria of defrauding her after the bank zapped her money while making an online transfer that failed since last year December.

Here is how she put it as she reached out to Splendormag;

[b]“I have tried everything i could but it seems i'm powerless to get help, and that’s why i’m reaching out to you. Please Splendormag, kindly help me spread this message out through your platform. I made a transfer last December to a UBA bank customer via an online transfer. I got a debit alert to that effect. But the person i transferred the money to did not receive the money. I went to Fidelity to complain about the issue and sent several emails but they kept tossing me around. They were clueless about the problem. After trying to get them to refund my money to no avail, they told me that i have to go and bring the statement of account of the person i was trying to transfer the money to. Now please, why must i ask a stranger i was trying to transact business with to give me their statement of account when my bank cannot even show me in my transaction history that i actually transferred money to the person? I only brought an item from the person and wanted to balance my payment. Please help me out, im sick and tired of this bank. It’s such a shame that this is bank that always boast of keeping their words, but they are nothing close to keeping their words at all. Imagine, since December last year. im really angry right now.”[/b]

That was how the Fidelity bank customer who has now become a victim wrote it. Pictured is also the screengrab of parts of her conversation with the bank’s staff, she sent to us.

24-48 hours was what Fidelity promised her, it's now about 2000 hours. Can anyone relate to this experience?

http://www.splendormag.com/2016/06/-see-how-fidelity-is-bank.html
Try to get a lawyer to write them a demand letter, and if they fail to refund after a stipulated period of time. you can take them to Court n make a lot of money as damages.
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by diva90: 8:07pm On Jun 03, 2016
Most times it takes them months to rectify issues like this. she has to keep following up with them. I remember when I had a similar issue with diamond bank, almost 120k was fradulently deducted from my account. I called them immediately I saw the debit alert and Report was done, they opened investigations and about 2 or 3 months later I recieved my money back. I kept going into the bank to check up on the status of the case just to make sure they were actually not sleeping on it because it was a lot of money to lose. Nigerian banks can be a hassle , so you have to follow them closely, do not call, go in in person and make complaint and when you make the complaint, keep following it up
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by Gaskia: 8:27pm On Jun 03, 2016
First bank holding my money for two months now, all my colleagues have quit the nonsense first thieves. Charging people account maintenance fee on savings accounts when CBN clearly states its only on current accounts.
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by keniolawumi56(m): 8:33pm On Jun 03, 2016
Try and make trouble in there banking hall, Ecobank tried such with me recently for about 2wks but the day I create scene inside banking hall they reversed my 13k immidiately.
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by edonbeta: 8:46pm On Jun 03, 2016
Please send details of ur complaints to 09098553300. We will investigate and revert back to you. Details to send: Acct Name; acct no; amt in dispute; date of transaction, type of transaction carried out, phone no.

Or ping me on: 2BFCF48F
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by sucre: 8:56pm On Jun 03, 2016
My dear sorry o. But you shouldn't just belief you customer take your bank statement go to any uba branch. And tell them what happened they will check the account and tell you yes or no on that particular transaction. It happened to me where I transferred to first bank. And the customer claimed he didn't get the money,but when I took my statement to Fbn, the truth came out. Sorry ops.
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by Valto(m): 9:51pm On Jun 03, 2016
the best bank for atm, transfers and online banking is DIAMOND BANK, they are very efficient in settling issues once u contact them.
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by booblacain(m): 12:03am On Jun 04, 2016
I am a living witness to this fidelity bank issue. My sister has been a victim three good times. She tries to withdraw money with her ATM and no money comes out, yet she get an sms that the money ha s been payed and the money debited from her account.
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by Hogim(m): 12:18am On Jun 04, 2016
this Fidelity Bank don tire me, that is the same way I withdraw money from Sterling Bank ATM I was debited but no money received from March 14, #20k just disappear like that. God have mercy o
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by temmym4(m): 8:49am On Jun 04, 2016
splendinho:
Have never in my life been frustrated by a bank as today... UBA for over a week have refused to issue me an ATM after several attempts. Been tossed from. One branch to another... I will not advice anybody to use UBA as their primary account... To transfer my cash via their useless form still didnt go through all cos of one customer care who doesn't know her job.. UBA is worse

Relax bro. just because u had some issues with a bank doesnt mean the bank is totally bad. out of every 100 customers, there will always be abt 2 to 5 unhappy ones. No bank is the best, none is the worst as well.
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by bobgem001(m): 9:02am On Jun 04, 2016
basadenet:

This man in the picture is going to jail after his term in office.
I tell you.....
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by chidubem93(m): 11:56am On Jun 04, 2016
fidelity bank its not to be blamed. every bank in nigeria experiences error like this every once in a while..
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by Tonydeeb(m): 2:01pm On Jun 04, 2016
Issue Resolved!.
https://www.nairaland.com/3144902/6-months-after-fidelity-bank
The Power of Social Media
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by peleposten: 7:31pm On Jun 05, 2016
Are you sure this is not an attack on fidelity bank ?
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by peleposten: 7:33pm On Jun 05, 2016
I heard the issue has been resolved tho
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by teeblach(m): 7:47pm On Jun 05, 2016
" funny I've never experienced that with fidelity bank ooooo over my years of banking with them "
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by teeblach(m): 7:49pm On Jun 05, 2016
" this was just an error Na haba we took this too far oo "
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by infinityik(m): 9:02pm On Jun 05, 2016
Wow . I've been banking with fidelity banks for years Sha and I'm pretty satisfied "
Re: Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer by infinityik(m): 9:07pm On Jun 05, 2016
"Hey this are errors we face with most Nigerian banks , let's not hang fidelity bank Biko "

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Blind Man In Jos Selling Phone Cords/Chargers (Photos) / Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? / Rencap Predicts Further Naira Devaluation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.