Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Debunking Religion With One Question - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Debunking Religion With One Question (5655 Views)

Religion With Common Sense / Debunking The Trinity Logic / youtube videos debunking Evolution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by ade002: 5:39pm On Jun 05, 2016
The truth is God is to big to have an enemy. We keep seeing GOD the same way we see our earthly kings, cheifs and presidents. That's a mistake cause His ways are not our ways neither are His thought same as ours.we only have the same image and likeness not the same power. He is Almighty that means the devil must be equal to HIM to be HIS enemy and that is impossible since the created can not be greater than the Creator. The devil is simply a tool.
As bad as knives are we still need then in our houses that does not make knives an enemy. Same with fire. Please stop giving the devil too much credit cause of fear. That's his own weapon.
The devil is also doing his own job. He will also give his own account to the Almighty same as u . The question is are u doing what GOD set u here to do.
Are going to b a vessel for destruction like Pharaoh a (scape goat) for others to learn from or a son
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 05, 2016
ade002:
The truth is God is to big to have an enemy. We keep seeing GOD the same way we see our earthly kings, cheifs and presidents. That's a mistake cause His ways are not our ways neither are His thought same as ours.we only have the same image and likeness not the same power. He is Almighty that means the devil must be equal to HIM to be HIS enemy and that is impossible since the created can not be greater than the Creator. The devil is simply a tool.
As bad as knives are we still need then in our houses that does not make knives an enemy. Same with fire. Please stop giving the devil too much credit cause of fear. That's his own weapon.
The devil is also doing his own job. He will also give his own account to the Almighty same as u . The question is are u doing what GOD set u here to do.
Are going to b a vessel for destruction like Pharaoh a (scape goat) for others to learn from or a son
BullShit I Can See Kings Queesn Chief But I Cant See Ur Imaginary Frnd Kings Rule And His People Are Aware Of His Existence For Exam Someone Told U That Ur King Want U To Give Him Money N U Know U Don't Have A King Will U Give That Person Money AM Waiting For Ur Reply

2 Likes

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Ranchhoddas: 7:26pm On Jun 05, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Yea, He also gave angels freewill, the Devil chose to misuse his own freewill, he suddenly developed a proud attitude since he was a god...........
Will there be freewill in heaven?
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by ade002: 7:33pm On Jun 05, 2016
Well I have never seen gravity, atoms, honesty nor you but I know they all exist. By what they do or what you said. I don't think life is all about what we can see. All you need is a sixth sense called Faith .
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by slimytrikt: 7:39pm On Jun 05, 2016
Still wondering how a 'logical' mind would think that question actually debunks religion. undecided
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by ade002: 7:42pm On Jun 05, 2016
The Bible says without Faith it is impossible to please God for he that come to him must believe that He exist and is a rewarder of them that deligently seek him . Before assuming God does not exist find Him first. Ask and ye shall receive seek and ye shall find knock and the door will be open unto you
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by ade002: 7:57pm On Jun 05, 2016
Lilbrown007:
BullShit I Can See Kings Queesn Chief But I Cant See Ur Imaginary Frnd Kings Rule And His People Are Aware Of His Existence For Exam Someone Told U That Ur King Want U To Give Him Money N U Know U Don't Have A King Will U Give That Person Money AM Waiting For Ur Reply

Well the good thing about my King is that His everywhere, realtime, simply because His not Man. His Spirit, in me, is His signature on my life. He may have already informed me before sending someone to collect. And if he did not, he may have given me enough to give his messenger. After all if I die, I can't use the money am protecting. it becomes another mans property.
you cannot describe the taste of a drink without first tasting it, you cannot understand a strange language without an interpreter or tutor same thing you cannot understand God without His Spirit in you.
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 05, 2016
slimytrikt:
Still wondering how a 'logical' mind would think that question actually debunks religion. undecided
Why Don't You Answer It Or U R To Dumb Too??
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 05, 2016
ade002:

Well the good thing about my King is that His everywhere, realtime, simply because His not Man. His Spirit, in me, is His signature on my life. He may have already informed me before sending someone to collect. And if he did not, he may have given me enough to give his messenger. After all if I die, I can't use the money am protecting. it becomes another mans property.
you cannot describe the taste of a drink without first tasting it, you cannot understand a strange language without an interpreter or tutor same thing you cannot understand God without His Spirit in you.
Common U Ignored My Msg Was It Too Much For U?? Or U Didn't See Any Sense There Ryt?? N U Expect Me To Believe In Ur King Hypothesis

1 Like

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by ade002: 8:20pm On Jun 05, 2016
Lilbrown007:
Common U Ignored My Msg Was It Too Much For U?? Or U Didn't See Any Sense There Ryt?? N U Expect Me To Believe In Ur King Hypothesis

Well pardon me, I have gone over the question again. Only thing I can think of is "How sure are you that you do not have a King". A Nigerian choosing not to see PMB as President does not stop PMB from being his/her President.
And paraadventure you recognise another king does not stop the Almighty from been the King of your king.
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by ade002: 8:21pm On Jun 05, 2016
Lilbrown007:

Well pardon me, I have gone over the question again. Only thing I can think of is "How sure are you that you do not have a King". A Nigerian choosing not to see PMB as President does not stop PMB from being his/her President. same with the Almighty.
And paraadventure you recognise another king does not stop the Almighty from been the King of your king.
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 05, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Will there be freewill in heaven?

Please be elaborate
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Ranchhoddas: 8:49pm On Jun 05, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Please be elaborate
It's a question. Will there be freewill in heaven?
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Ruq: 8:51pm On Jun 05, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Please be elaborate

That's elaborate enough. Will you still be able to choose in heaven, or we will just be programs.
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 05, 2016
[quote author=ade002 post=46306458]

Well pardon me, I have gone over the question again. Only thing I can think of is "How sure are you that you do not have a King". A Nigerian choosing not to see PMB as President does not stop PMB from being his/her President. same with the Almighty.
[quote]Someone Told U That Ur King Want U To Give Him Money N U Know U Don't Have A King Will U Give That Person Money
Pls Stop Playing Dumb With Me I Asked A Yes & No Question But U Didn't Instead U Started Adding Spice To The Answer U Gave Which Does Not Still Answer The Question I Asked
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 07, 2016
Ruq:

That's elaborate enough. Will you still be able to choose in heaven, or we will just be programs
Not everyone will go to heaven. The earth will be transformed into a paradise and the people will still have freewill.
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 07, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
It's a question. Will there be freewill in heaven?
Not everyone will go to heaven. The earth will be transformed into a paradise and the people will still have freewill.
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by lepasharon(f): 9:49am On Jun 07, 2016
malvisguy212:
Good and Evil exist, they are uncreated. In the absent of Evil, Good is present, in the absent of Evil, Good is present. Good and evil exist because of the choice we made.

So good and evil simply was? I thought God maketh all things. Evil came from nothing...Something came from nothing?
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Ranchhoddas: 10:01am On Jun 07, 2016
lordnicklaus:
What makes you sure that the people in paradise will not use their freewill to sin again?
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 07, 2016
lordnicklaus:
What Happens If Someone Sin ??Cause "Sin" Is Inevitable Even GOD Did It
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Scholar8200(m): 11:07am On Jun 07, 2016
Lilbrown007:
How Can Something Exist And Not Be Created
The basic Biblical description of evil is departing from God.

12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Hebrew 3:12

When Adam and eve did so, the effect was seen from Cain to other descendants

Departing from God is an alternative available to all things created. Acts of wickedness and deception are the result of that choice when it is made.

On why God has not destroyed the devil, I believe lordnicklaus' parable answers you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 07, 2016
Scholar8200:
The basic Biblical description of evil is departing from God.

12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Hebrew 3:12

When Adam and eve did so, the effect was seen from Cain to other descendants

Departing from God is an alternative available to all things created. Acts of wickedness and deception are the result of that choice when it is made.

On why God has not destroyed the devil, I believe lordnicklaus' parable answers you.
Nope No One Has Answered It Yet

1 Like

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Scholar8200(m): 11:12am On Jun 07, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What makes you sure that the people in paradise will not use their freewill to sin again?
Good question! Being in Heaven at the end of time will be as much an irreversible consequence of a choice as being out of it!

1 Like

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Scholar8200(m): 12:30pm On Jun 07, 2016
Lilbrown007:
Nope No One Has Answered It Yet
Evil as I defined it is an alternative open to all creatures. It will be against God's order to destroy the devil and evil as an alternative immediately.

The present scheme of things is an allowance for the playing out of evil (and the devil as its father) as an alternative till the time when, as an alternative,it exhausts itself, and God makes a full end thereof.

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Daniel 7:24

Recall that after the fall, Adam and Eve were sent out of the Garden ,"lest they eat the Tree of Life and live forever" in that fallen state. This implies that there could be a state , for man, where it will no longer be a case of free moral agency but an Eternal experience of a choice made.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 07, 2016
Scholar8200:
Evil as I defined it is an alternative open to all creatures. It will be against God's order to destroy the devil and evil as an alternative immediately.

The present scheme of things is an allowance for the playing out of evil (and the devil as its father) as an alternative till the time when, as an alternative,it exhausts itself, and God makes a full end thereof.

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Daniel 7:24

Recall that after the fall, Adam and Eve were sent out of the Garden ,"lest they eat the Tree of Life and live forever" in that fallen state. This implies that there could be a state , for man, where it will no longer be a case of free moral agency but an Eternal experience of a choice made.
why all this are U Now Implying That God is Not All Powerful??
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Scholar8200(m): 1:30pm On Jun 07, 2016
Lilbrown007:
why all this are U Now Implying That God is Not All Powerful??
He is All Powerful and also All-Wise hence the part that speaks of His Order in creation. Why destroy the devil and evil, as an alternative, immediately and claim the others have free moral agency? When what you actually offer is a Hobson's choice?
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 07, 2016
Scholar8200:
He is All Powerful and also All-Wise hence the part that speaks of His Order in creation. Why destroy the devil and evil, as an alternative, immediately and claim the others have free moral agency? When what you actually offer is a Hobson's choice?
all wise Meaning he is so bored?? and want to be watching us like film while people suffer n he is still watching ??
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

Of course there will still be a final rebellion.
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 09, 2016
lepasharon:

So good and evil simply was? I thought God maketh all things. Evil came from nothing...Something came from nothing?

God gave the devil the ability to think independently. If God had subjected the devil to think only good, it would seem as though he was a robot acting on orders. The devil simply thought of something which God did not approve of and so, evil was born.
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 09, 2016
Lilbrown007:
all wise Meaning he is so bored?? and want to be watching us like film while people suffer n he is still watching ??
He has already promised to do something it. Habakkuk asked God a question saying

" How long will you sit and watch evil pass by your face?

And God promised to do something about it.
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Ranchhoddas: 12:09pm On Jun 09, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Of course there will still be a final rebellion.
Please elaborate?
Re: Debunking Religion With One Question by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 10, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Please elaborate?

Revelations has made it clear that after 1000 years, Satan would be released again and this time, he would succeed in turning the minds of people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jehova Witnesses, I Want To Join Your Church, Help Me!!! / Steve Job's Views on God, After-life / If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.