Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

The Beautiful Art Of Benin Kingdom - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Beautiful Art Of Benin Kingdom (1391 Views)

Nigerian Man Visits British Museum, Spots Stolen Benin Kingdom Artifacts. Photos / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) / Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Beautiful Art Of Benin Kingdom by irenmwinfo(m): 7:26am On Jun 04, 2016
This art work are done by my people the Benin kingdom precisely No 37 igun street Benin city in Edo state. This is a way of promoting our cultural heritage. I took this pictures when I visited my people before going for service 'NYSC' it's it beautiful

Re: The Beautiful Art Of Benin Kingdom by SuperSupremo(m): 7:28am On Jun 04, 2016
ok

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Art Of Benin Kingdom by stigmond(m): 7:46am On Jun 04, 2016
Oh sense making. Make una kipitup for B' syd.
Re: The Beautiful Art Of Benin Kingdom by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 04, 2016
op u b omodan....wa'koyo o
Re: The Beautiful Art Of Benin Kingdom by irenmwinfo(m): 3:55am On Jun 05, 2016
Onijagidijagan:
op u b omodan....wa'koyo o
wa wee se oooo
Re: The Beautiful Art Of Benin Kingdom by MetaPhysical: 4:15am On Jun 06, 2016
Whoever reproduced this brass work is doing dis-service to the kingdom. This work originally is Yoruba sacred art from Ile Ife, because the thrones of Ife and Bini are related, I expect that what is found in the priesthood of one will, quite naturally, exist in that of the other. Because this art is connected with sacredness of the throne reproductions such as this must be regulated and only done through commission and for usage of the court.

The grace and pride that would naturally attend to this art has been abused and where one should see virtue and reverence, instead we are treated to vanity and commercialization.

Shame!

(1) (Reply)

DNA Test: Igbos Are Not Jews But Israelites? / Warri Parables / Vacant Stool Of Oluwo Of Iwo- The Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.