Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,102 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) (59887 Views)

Young Ladies Almost Got Unclad In The Name Of Culture In Rivers State / Why Do People Always Have Bad Notions About The Mbaise People? / Advice To All Ladies (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by GboyegaD(m): 3:12pm On Jun 04, 2016
sorepco:
Y is it barbaric? Can we comment with points? Instead of making flippant comments?

I wouldn't say it is barbaric cos it is their belief however, why take kids whose paternity is not ascertained all because you want to have grand children?
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Adesiji77: 3:12pm On Jun 04, 2016
Until I read the post, I thought it was something else...
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Dinobi77: 3:12pm On Jun 04, 2016
This isnt a folktale, neither is it a Fairytale, its real. I am frm Omukwu Onicha Ezinihitte Mbaise Imo state. The story as told here is what happens both in the neighbouring Obowo LGA. This is all the quest for a male child, any woman without a male child is like a new foul still using one leg. One of my village woman did it in late 80s, n d young woman though late now had 3 girls n 3 boys who r now grown up.The boys r now bearing the old womans husbands name representing the family.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Idrismusty97(m): 3:13pm On Jun 04, 2016
In summary?
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by goshen26: 3:14pm On Jun 04, 2016
Omo this is funny o
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Bimpe29: 3:16pm On Jun 04, 2016
It's barbaric.
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by mikywonder(m): 3:16pm On Jun 04, 2016
omusiliyu:
Name Checkers Association of Nigeria (NCAN)
Osogbo Branch
Ayetoro street, Opposite Baba Oni shekere.

RESULT

they're the one, the lost tribe of Israel, 76.3% of there men are gay (UNICEF, 2008)

Are u ok
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by iceberylin(m): 3:16pm On Jun 04, 2016
DAFUG

Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by deliveryboy: 3:20pm On Jun 04, 2016
It may not be popular on the social media but it's a common practice in Igbo land and Ikwere land, the usually say "the girl is seeing the woman's wetness". They can engage in sexual activities, the girl in question can also have sexual relations with other men and have children, but the children belongs to the older woman and they will bear her (the older woman's) family name.
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 04, 2016
Festivalofholi:
wenever women r mentioned, its all about sex sex sex... How come women have no other use besides being sex objects??
why not ask your mum? She is in a better position to answer

2 Likes

Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 04, 2016
Jobia:
why not ask your mum? She is in a better position to answer
It doesn't change d fact dat u r sex object meant to be fuccked like chicken.
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by maasoap(m): 3:30pm On Jun 04, 2016
ikbnice:
This what is called 'license to commit adultery'. The woman has the right to be bleeped by who she ever wishes in as much as she procreates. Well, sexing may be served by family members.
Anyway sha, their way is their way and their customs nd traditions are theirs.
Nothing like bastards in the eastern part of the country, every child is legitimate.
And Osu is being practised in western part of the country?

1 Like

Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by menxer: 3:33pm On Jun 04, 2016
Hhhhhhmmmm

So we have a society where a "married" woman can fucckk whoever she fancies and still be celebrated as long as she bears children from those fuckkers?

...but why don't they follow the ancient practice of allowing a brother of the late man to impregnate the new wife in the late man's stead, than a stranger.

This is what I told a friend of mine that, "the realities of life doesn't follow logical reason at times."
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Omotayor123(f): 3:34pm On Jun 04, 2016
Addicted2Women:

Look at this stinky rat

Pained Sorry dear,
But I don't exchange words with mofos, I don't have the leisure.. Carry your frustration else where...

Swerve pls. tongue tongue
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by LBanks(m): 3:35pm On Jun 04, 2016
ceemere:
Trash trash trash, atleast not in my own part of mbaise. Infact its not done anywhere in Mbaise. Mvmv OP just dey compile script for her new yeye movie. Mtchewww grin grin
Lie Lie OP with I'm lie lie newspaper, no mind am I'm wan act another nollywood movie.

I have never heard of this before, and I am from Aboh Mbaise. The highest that can happen is if a man marries a woman that already has children, the woman can come to her husband's house with her kids and the husband absorbs the children as his own. They are not denied any rights and priviledges but when it comes to some things like kingship, that is when they now open history book to see that you are not a biological son.
Our Eze in my community is a perfect example, when it was time for their family to produce the next King, that was when I got to know that his two elder brothers are not biological sons of their father and so them skip the first son, skip the second son and made him the third son King.

1 Like

Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by elisra(m): 3:36pm On Jun 04, 2016
ikbnice:
This what is called 'license to commit adultery'. The woman has the right to be bleeped by who she ever wishes in as much as she procreates. Well, sexing may be served by family members.
Nothing like bastards in the eastern part of the country, every child is legitimate.
nwa bu nwa,nwa bu nwa ora nile oliver de coque
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by mamachizzy(f): 3:36pm On Jun 04, 2016
It is not a fairy tale. it is practised in the Igbo land, just as a means of saving the mans name. Most gals who are married to "other women" are those who may have gotten pregnant out of wed lock.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Kiish(m): 3:37pm On Jun 04, 2016
amclimax:
Nigeria people and mumu have many things in common tradition upset down...
Religion na dem carry am for head pass people wey bring am... Education dey change the system to fit dem most (bribe ... etal) , politics make I no talk sha cuz some people go choose half bag of rice than to vote the right person... Na only jungle justice we know cuz for court of law rich man get bailed but poor man you know the rest... The only country people dey support people to Cribble the economy yet blame the government for hardship..... Wetin man go do, me too na 9ja boi with my common sense I still dey smoke for hot sun...
my guy. You get sense wella! 2 bottles of orijin for you
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by mamawin(f): 3:40pm On Jun 04, 2016
BetaThings:

Thank God that you came through your parents
If you are black, you did not choose to
The brilliant ones did not choose to
These things are a lottery on our behalf and we accept them

I am not Igbo but I can understand the reason for this type of social engineering
you do? they should just make it possible for daughters and wives to inherit their fathers and husbands. that will be simpler than not knowing your biological father

1 Like

Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by passionate88: 3:42pm On Jun 04, 2016
I know one guy wey marry from there o
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by eyeview: 3:42pm On Jun 04, 2016
AxeurdaddyIX:

Because Same sex Marriage. But if you're not against it. I'm not here to change your belief

You didn't read the story,did you? Its' got nothing to do with same sex marriage. The old women marry the girl(who's pregnant but not married) on behalf of their son or husband so that the unborn baby(if a boy) can continue their family name. Just like what sarah did for abraham with hagai. It's not a same sex story,get your mind off there
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by BetaThings: 3:43pm On Jun 04, 2016
ikbnice:

Did you read the part about victim of rape?
It cannot be a licence for adultery
She does not have a husband she is cheating upon
Every woman would ordinarily want to have own husband that she can do stuff every night

It cannot be easy to carry on a life when everybody knows you are having a relationship you cannot advertise
And it is compulsory to have that relationship
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Jabioro: 3:57pm On Jun 04, 2016
Whatever I want to say I refused it because the iPad we come after being me ,I have reserved the awful comments..I have a respect for all the women who try one way and other to brings forth to this world . What way we may used to Waka come is no longer matter anymore..but what manner do we live ?
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by age2richee: 4:02pm On Jun 04, 2016
First to comment, lol it's very weird and interesting. Why not just adopt a child?

1 Like

Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 04, 2016
Festivalofholi:
It doesn't change d fact dat u r sex object meant to be fuccked like chicken.
Guess thats how you were conceived undecided

1 Like

Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by SimpleBea(m): 4:06pm On Jun 04, 2016
Igbo pervert! Use your mentality!.
Addicted2Women:

Yoruba girl. Use your brain

1 Like

Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by eyeview: 4:06pm On Jun 04, 2016
back2sender:
When we call them Omo ale jatijati dem go dey vex. No wonder people have been saying it that naa bastards full Biafra IPOB republic. Women dey marry women, naa dem start lesbianism, oyibo people are learners oooo. The new name for trouble some Biafra people when dey insult people anyhow naa BASTARDS. No wonder dey lack manners. .

You see why its good to read a story before commenting. See how you have just exhibitted your ignorance on a public forum simply because you jumped in by just reading the heading.
To educate you,what its simply saying is that its a tradition where the old woman didn't have a son or a child and hence goes out to organise a girl for her husband or her son in the hope that she will have a son that will continue the family's name and keep the family's wealth. Just like sarah did with haggai for her hubby,abraham. Nothing lesbian as you blurted out.
Son,try and read a bit more before commenting

4 Likes

Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by nory113: 4:07pm On Jun 04, 2016
back2sender:
When we call them Omo ale jatijati dem go dey vex. No wonder people have been saying it that naa bastards full Biafra IPOB republic. Women dey marry women, naa dem start lesbianism, oyibo people are learners oooo. The new name for trouble some Biafra people when dey insult people anyhow naa BASTARDS. No wonder dey lack manners. .

REALLY!!!!

SENSELESS undecided undecided
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by mkoabiola: 4:10pm On Jun 04, 2016
Na long story book oooo but I finish d story which took me 18mins

But d moral of d story is all about inheritance

2 Likes

Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Segadem(m): 4:11pm On Jun 04, 2016
ikbnice:
yeah, the narrator says they are legitimate children but will they be happy if I call them[size=21pt]
Mbaise children?
[/size]
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by chigoizie7(m): 4:11pm On Jun 04, 2016
It is not just mbaise, it is peculiar to other igbo traditions.
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Tobium1(m): 4:12pm On Jun 04, 2016
Mba5! I hail thee

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife’s Last Photo Alive: Oba Sijuwade Rides Rolls Royce Car With Sons / Ekiti Kete / Enugwu Ukwu In Anambra Where Pythons & Human Beings Live In Harmony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.