Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) (59885 Views)

Young Ladies Almost Got Unclad In The Name Of Culture In Rivers State / Why Do People Always Have Bad Notions About The Mbaise People? / Advice To All Ladies (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 04, 2016
Jobia:
Guess thats how you were conceived undecided
wenever a guy is fuccking u, always remember, dats ur purpose in life, to be fuccked like fowls..
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by nkemdi89(f): 4:12pm On Jun 04, 2016
Even in obowo and ihitte uboma such is being practice,easterners values their patriarchal system,family name is highly valued, that's why illegitimate children has no place in any family, bride price on a woman's head guarantees her existence in her husbands lineage. That was why I said no true ibo girl will behave like pero and sunbo by having numerous children out of wedlock, and some demented souls who can go suicidal at the mention of any name ibo, started brandishing insults on their ancestors.

1 Like

Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Segadem(m): 4:16pm On Jun 04, 2016
nkemdi89:
Even in obowo and ihitte uboma such is being practice,easterners values their patriarchal system,family name is highly valued, that's why illegitimate children has no place in any family, bride price on a woman's head guarantees her existence in her husbands lineage. That was why I said no true ibo girl will behave like pero and sunbo by having numerous children out of wedlock, and some demented souls who can go suicidal at the mention of any name ibo, started brandishing insults on their ancestors.
... are u proud of this?
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Onegai(f): 4:17pm On Jun 04, 2016
This is very good, a local way of adoption and social welfare. We need to keep customs like this alive.

3 Likes

Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by nkemdi89(f): 4:20pm On Jun 04, 2016
Segadem:
... are u proud of this?
It's called culture.

3 Likes

Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Segadem(m): 4:24pm On Jun 04, 2016
nkemdi89:

It's called culture.
hmmm,OK oh!

1 Like

Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Fedayeen02: 4:25pm On Jun 04, 2016
pweetychyka:
Lie of the century
its true. Its common in my community. My neighbour is a product of that system and we don't discriminate against them

1 Like

Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by iamord(m): 4:27pm On Jun 04, 2016
mamawin:
orisirisi, some traditions sha! over my dead body!
Not this brings the question of whether it's really a 'foreign culture' or more or less biological
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 04, 2016
Not only in Mbsise,I think it cuts across most communities in Igbo land.Few years back a young girl of same age grade was married by a woman in my community, actually I found it strange, and kept wondering. She goes out to get pregnant and delivers for the woman -husband she also calls mama.The woman has no child.The writer stated the obvious fact why this is done, and the child bearers do this because they have been stigmatized for getting pregnant or come from poor families.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Fedayeen02: 4:29pm On Jun 04, 2016
AxeurdaddyIX:

Read through the article again for knowledge
sorry I've got wide exposure about life educationaly andd other wise and i can't see anything bad in this system. We are protecting our name and we cherish family
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by ishiamu(m): 4:33pm On Jun 04, 2016
nkemdi89:

how do you know the two villages you mentioned? one is my villa
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by VellyG(m): 4:37pm On Jun 04, 2016
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by oglalasioux(m): 4:38pm On Jun 04, 2016
sorepco:
My guyu did not read. If u did u did not comprehend. What has overpopulation got to do with such societal arrangement

Sorry please. If you want me to explain let me know. If you want to bash me without comprehending my post so be it.

Over population has everything to do with that societal arrangement. As long as we see baby making as a God given admonition we'll always have problem in black Africa. Such arrangements should stop. Teenage, pregnancy should be dissuaded. There are no schools, hospitals and social amenities for these children being born indiscriminately. It's time all cultures and traditions are reexamined by the government if we'll not reach a violent change soon.

Government is looking for solutions to our problems and people are busy siring children here and there. It must stop!

1 Like

Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Fedayeen02: 4:39pm On Jun 04, 2016
ceemere:
Trash trash trash, atleast not in my own part of mbaise. Infact its not done anywhere in Mbaise. Mvmv OP just dey compile script for her new yeye movie. Mtchewww grin grin
its done in my community and I'm in support of it
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by oglalasioux(m): 4:41pm On Jun 04, 2016
BetaThings:

Teenage pregnancy is not the problem
Unwanted pregnancy and inability of women to inherit are the doubly coincident wants
and the primary cause is inability of women to inherit

I agree that inability of women to inherit is a major cause of this trend. Thanks for that observation.
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by nkemdi89(f): 4:41pm On Jun 04, 2016
ishiamu:

how do you know the two villages you mentioned? one is my villa
Which one is yours?
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by amclimax(m): 4:42pm On Jun 04, 2016
Kiish:
my guy. You get sense wella! 2 bottles of orijin for you
Madam you no hear wetin my guy talk? More two bottles... Thanks my guy na so we see ourselves for 9ja
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Fedayeen02: 4:44pm On Jun 04, 2016
AxeurdaddyIX:

[s]Because Same sex Marriage. But if you're not against it. I'm not here to change your beli[/s]ef
read it up again.
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Fedayeen02: 4:45pm On Jun 04, 2016
back2sender:
When we call them Omo ale jatijati dem go dey vex. No wonder people have been saying it that naa bastards full Biafra IPOB republic. Women dey marry women, naa dem start lesbianism, oyibo people are learners oooo. The new name for trouble some Biafra people when dey insult people anyhow naa BASTARDS. No wonder dey lack manners. .
kids everywhere. I can bet you are less than 19
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Fedayeen02: 4:47pm On Jun 04, 2016
Bimpe29:
It's barbaric.
give me a reason why its barbaric
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by AxeurdaddyIX: 4:47pm On Jun 04, 2016
Fedayeen02:
sorry I've got wide exposure about life educationaly andd other wise and i can't see anything bad in this system. We are protecting our name and we cherish family

Okay. Its your culture and U know more about it than I do. I kowtow to your words
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Fedayeen02: 4:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
AxeurdaddyIX:

Okay. Its your culture and U know more about it than I do. I kowtow to your words
thanks
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Fedayeen02: 4:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
mamachizzy:
It is not a fairy tale. it is practised in the Igbo land, just as a means of saving the mans name. Most gals who are married to "other women" are those who may have gotten pregnant out of wed lock.
you teally get the drift. I'm in support of it biko
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by AxeurdaddyIX: 4:51pm On Jun 04, 2016
Fedayeen02:
thanks

You're welcome
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Kiish(m): 4:52pm On Jun 04, 2016
amclimax:

Madam you no hear wetin my guy talk? More two bottles... Thanks my guy na so we see ourselves for 9ja
customer I don add 3 bottles. Na only God fit save Naija

1 Like

Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Melinde: 4:52pm On Jun 04, 2016
It is a common practice in Igbo land. I believe @OP cos stuffs like that happened in my village.
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by UncleSnr(m): 4:56pm On Jun 04, 2016
Addicted2Women:

You can believe anything.

I killed myself and ran away, now believe this too
Hey, the culture is true. It is done in Enugu state also.
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by BlackOnassis(m): 5:04pm On Jun 04, 2016
They could have just called it "adoption" instead of marriage.
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by ishiamu(m): 5:27pm On Jun 04, 2016
nkemdi89:
Which one is yours?
the later
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by sinistermind(m): 5:48pm On Jun 04, 2016
Someone just post anything on the Internet and some people just rush to believe it all. I'm from Ahiazu Mbaise, we don't practice such where I come from. And besides I see it as a form of adoption with the presence of the real mother.
Re: Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) by Bimpe29: 5:50pm On Jun 04, 2016
Fedayeen02:
give me a reason why its barbaric
Hmn! You know d reason

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife’s Last Photo Alive: Oba Sijuwade Rides Rolls Royce Car With Sons / Ekiti Kete / Enugwu Ukwu In Anambra Where Pythons & Human Beings Live In Harmony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.