Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria (3445 Views)

NAF Concludes Clearance Operations In Sambisa / Battle Field Photos Of Nigerian Army CT COIN Operations In The North / UN Suspends Operations In Nigeria After Boko Haram Surprise Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by MossadAgent: 2:42pm On Jun 04, 2016
This is a clear sign that no multinational company will want to do business with the genocidal APC led govt as this will not be good for their image.

Shell was heavily indicted in the Ogoni crisis which saw Nigerian Soldiers pillage Ogoni land and testified as well in Ken Saro-Wiwa's trial by a kangaroo military Tribunal.

This alone should send signals to those aggitating for another war for oil in the South that it is no longer business as usual.

Why will any oil company risk further bashing of their battered image brand?

On the international scene, I foresee western nations backing any secessionist movement in both the Niger Delta and Biafra as it will be much easier, cheaper and morally expedient to support genuine seccession than support a brutal corrupt central govt of one Nigeria.

This is not 1967 and the world is very much aware of the atrocious civil war waged to keep Nigeria one.

If buhari still has sense in his head he should dust up the confab report and genuinely start the process of its implementation.

That alone can buy Nigeria some extra decades as one nation.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by Brymo: 2:44pm On Jun 04, 2016
grin
Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by MossadAgent: 2:58pm On Jun 04, 2016
Shell BP is no fair weather ally to the nigerian central govt.

Shell has the unenviable position of being one of the longest operational oil companies in Nigeria with a pox marked history of aiding and abating corruption and their total disregard for both the welfare and environment of the indeginious people.

For shell to shut down completely all operations in nigeria shows they are not in anyway going to support any military action in the region in the name of fighting militancy.

Shell is also a multi-billion dollar cooperation that will still be eyeing the huge energy reserves in the Delta and with their money and lobby groups in the West, they can easily see to a permanent solution to the constant militancy plaguing the Niger Delta even to the point of supporting autonomy for the Niger Delta.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by LRNZH(m): 3:03pm On Jun 04, 2016
When did Avengers become APC?

Una militants dey pursue multinationals, you are here typing fallacies. Do you realise that the IGRs of the affected ND states are drastically reduced by this development besides the reduced Federal Allocations?

My people have a proverb: "The small bird is roasting in fire while jubilating that it is shedding fat".

You need to calm down and wake up my friend.

3 Likes

Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by MossadAgent: 3:06pm On Jun 04, 2016
LRNZH:

Una militants dey pursue multinationals, you are here typing fallacies. Do you realise that the IGRs of the affected ND states are drastically reduced by this development besides the reduced Federal Allocations?

My people have a proverb: "The small bird is roasting in fire while jubilating that it is shedding fat".

You lack comprehension.

Read my post again and this time slowly

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by Likei(m): 3:07pm On Jun 04, 2016
una no hear say buhari get ear problem?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by TANTUMERGO007(m): 3:08pm On Jun 04, 2016
LRNZH:

tongue tongue tongue tongue what is good for the goods(jonathan) is also good for the ganger(buhari) cool cool cool cool

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 04, 2016
IF U ASK ME, NDA are the ones fighting corruption.. The evil Shell committed against the people of Ogoni is still back stabing them till date. Before they do support Nigeria goverment to wipe any opposition, today after almost 20 yrs, they have suffered and will continue suffering . Nigerians dont care, light or no light, fuel or no fuel..who cares

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by MossadAgent: 3:12pm On Jun 04, 2016
If the US can block arms shipments to the Nigerian Army over serious concerns of extrajudicial Killings and human rights violation in the quest to dislodge boko haram terrorists is it a genocidal war over oil in t Niger Delta that they will support?

What will the Nigerian govt use to procure weapons? Is it rotten tomatoes or TB infested beef?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by LRNZH(m): 3:18pm On Jun 04, 2016
MossadAgent:

You lack comprehension.

Read my post again and this time slowly

What you wrote doesn't make sense. undecided
Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by MossadAgent: 3:20pm On Jun 04, 2016
LRNZH:

What you wrote doesn't make sense. undecided

I am not responsible for your autism

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by modath(f): 3:21pm On Jun 04, 2016
OP,

Pass me that high grade stuff you are on!! Seems mine nor dey make person dey highray enough!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by MossadAgent: 3:26pm On Jun 04, 2016
modath:

OP,

Pass me that high grade stuff you are on!! Seems mine nor dey make person dey highray enough!! cheesy

Behind your dry lame attempt at making a joke I see genuine pure unadulterated FEAR.

Never in the history of shell operations in nigeria have they shut down completely all operations.

For shell to do this means the embargos will soon start reeling out on this govt.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by TANTUMERGO007(m): 3:28pm On Jun 04, 2016
i am prepared for the worst cool don't know about the zombies grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by MossadAgent: 3:29pm On Jun 04, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
i am prepared for the worst cool don't know about the zombies grin

As you can see from this thread the zombies are still on denial mode.

4 Likes

Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by macluvph1(m): 3:35pm On Jun 04, 2016
LRNZH:

Wait who and who did the IGR's help, is it

Paying of salaries at adequate time which is genocidal with governments OR

Electricity,Good roads,Water,Health, even meagre scholarship and pension NO NO.

soooo, what are you saying.

10 Likes

Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by modath(f): 3:44pm On Jun 04, 2016
MossadAgent:

Behind your dry lame attempt at making a joke I see genuine pure unadulterated FEAR.

Never in the history of shell operations in nigeria have they shut down completely all operations.

For shell to do this means the embargos will soon start reeling out on this govt.

No outside influence is going to take sides, any disintegration will be wholly and solely internal, superpowers will either step in fast to avert a "ginormous" nightmarish refugee situation that is bound to happen or stay on the sideline and pitch their tent with whoever is the last force standing....

I take all this your tantrums as "musings of a severely disturbed mind".... Emotions should never cloud sound judgment!!

Embargo ko, embalment ni! cheesy Now be gone. smiley

[img]http://gifrific.com/mila-kunis-shakes-head-in-disapproval/[/img]

1 Like

Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by MossadAgent: 3:48pm On Jun 04, 2016
modath:

No outside influence is going to take sides, any disintegration will be wholly and solely internal, superpowers will either step in fast to avert a "ginormous" nightmarish refugee situation that is bound to happen or stay on the sideline and pitch their tent with whoever is the last force standing....

I take all this your tantrums as "musings of a severely disturbed mind".... Emotions should never cloud sound judgment!!

Again you can't hide your fear.

There will be no war because the Niger Delta has oil and the West will support their breakup by starving your coward army of guns and weapons.

Keep deluding yourself over one happy petroleum Republic called Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by Joel3(m): 4:09pm On Jun 04, 2016
the Nigeria FG only got her weapons from the sells of Niger Delta OIL. and it will not happened anymore. currently the FG is weaken day by day due to short supply of Niger Delta OIl. so what this meas is that the FG can no longer fund the war against NDA. this is a preplanned revolution to unleash on the FG if the FG take this matter to a war battlefield.

no country will supply FG arms because no more oil money. and boko haram will be stronger and Iran will sponsor the shitty against the sunni.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by tit(f): 4:10pm On Jun 04, 2016
no salaries for civil servants july ending.
no salaries for police and army august ending
Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 04, 2016
They should blow off everything, who cares!

Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 04, 2016
OP, things are not as simple as you put them. SHELL shutting down operations could be a precautionary move to halt further attacks on their pipelines and to ensure the safety of their staff.

Although the recent upsurge in secessionist protests across the land has set alarm bells ringing for the fate of this country, the dissolution of this country could remain a wish.....I would have loved to say more, but the issue has become too contentious for an objective discourse. Many opinions are already cast in concrete.

1 Like

Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 04, 2016
MossadAgent:

ngwakwe aka isrealiAirforce, when are you going to stop hoping for the worse for Nigeria?
Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by modath(f): 5:10pm On Jun 04, 2016
bejeiodus:
OP, things are not as simple as you put them. SHELL shutting down operations could be a precautionary move to halt further attacks on their pipelines and to ensure the safety of their staff.

Although the recent upsurge in secessionist protests across the land has set alarm bells ringing for the fate of this country, the dissolution of this country could remain a wish.....I would have loved to say more, but the issue has become too contentious for an objective discourse. Many opinions are already cast in concrete.

Thank you..... I do not trust Shell one bit- Ken Saro Wiwa's saga is enough pointer- they may be low key carrying out repairs or trying to shaft everybody!! That company is evil.

I reiterated jokingly on one thread that the true owners(Elites) of Nigeria who rely on nothing but political affiliation and patronage will not allow any division that won't take a sizeable amount of the population down with it....

Some just talk of war like they are alluding to PS games!! Ish!! cool

I'm all for regionalism or true federalism but I know with the mind set of the high and mighty, it remains a pipe dream (Pun fully intended)
Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by zanebaddo(m): 6:18pm On Jun 04, 2016
LRNZH:

what message are you trying to pass using the picture of a Roman Catholic Church Pope? Are you a Christian if you are not, shouldn't your head be lynched off for blasphemy?

2 Likes

Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by MossadAgent: 11:16pm On Jun 04, 2016
zanebaddo:
what message are you trying to pass using the picture of a Roman Catholic Church Pope? Are you a Christian if you are not, shouldn't your head be lynched off for blasphemy?

he is a confirmed boko
Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by MossadAgent: 11:16pm On Jun 04, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
ngwakwe aka isrealiAirforce, when are you going to stop hoping for the worse for Nigeria?

I am your worst nightmare....

The Bishop Magic Don Juan

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by Noneroone(m): 12:12am On Jun 05, 2016
bejeiodus:

you made no definite ascertions therefore you ended up saying nothing.

1 Like

Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by BannedBishop: 6:45pm On Jun 06, 2016
modath:

Thank you..... I do not trust Shell one bit- Ken Saro Wiwa's saga is enough pointer- they may be low key carrying out repairs or trying to shaft everybody!! That company is evil.
I reiterated jokingly on one thread that the true owners(Elites) of Nigeria who rely on nothing but political affiliation and patronage will not allow any division that won't take a sizeable amount of the population down with it....
Some just talk of war like they are alluding to PS games!! Ish!! cool
I'm all for regionalism or true federalism but I know with the mind set of the high and mighty, it remains a pipe dream (Pun fully intended)

Your army chiefs are now pointing accusing fingers to western powers and oil companies as the force behind the militancy in the Niger Delta.

You better begin to get used to a one Nijeriya without Niger Delta and Biafra.

grin

1 Like

Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by BannedBishop: 6:51pm On Jun 06, 2016
bejeiodus:

Well your Nigerian army chiefs just today believe that shell shutting down their operations is a deliberate and calculated move to hasten Nigeria's dissolution

1 Like

Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by BannedBishop: 6:56pm On Jun 06, 2016
modath:

Your Generals are wailing about a conspiracy to divide Nigeria.

Lolz
Re: Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 7:43pm On Jun 06, 2016
Another Igbo man's investment destroyed by the Niger delta saboteurs aka Avengers.

NCTL pipeline is fed crude from OML 24 oil block covering Awoba and Ekulama 1&2 oil fields. Even though AITEO ( Chike Onyejekwe) owns the NCTL pipeline, the crippled oil block is owned by Festus Fadeyi and Felix Amieyeofori .
While Avengers told us 85% of the oil blocks are owned by northerners, so far, southerners are the hardest hit.

Below are the real targets of the Avengers listed by oil blocks crippled so far;

OML 26 (owned by FHN Egbert Imomoh),OML 30 (owned by kola karim), OML34,53,54 (Owned by Ibru) OML40 (owned by Emeka Offor) OML42 (Owned by Ernest Azudialu),OML 18 (owned by Charles odita, financed by, Diamond bank (paschal Dozie), fidelity bank (Peter obi) , OMLs 4, 38 & 41, (owned by ABC Orjiakor) .

So far in this battle, no northerner has been touched, Igbo entrepreneurs who recently invested in these oil blocks that have not recovered their investment funds let alone make profit are the real target of the Avengers, the Northern Gibberish was all hogwash and a huge distraction.
History is repeating itself!!

IGBOS BE WISE!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Imported 250 Containers Of Condoms To Nigeria From Pakistan. Photos / Biafra: Niger Delta Avengers Begins Move To Defend And Protect Nnandi Kanu / BREAKING: Nigeria Army In Nnamdi Kanu's House Packing All His Belongings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.