Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? (12203 Views)

"If you Attend Winners Chapel & You Are Poor"-See What This Girl Said / Which Church Do You Attend? / Which Church Do You Attend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by Handsomecole(m): 1:49pm On Jun 05, 2016
Firstly, i'm a Roman Catholic and a born Catholic. I was privileged to be born one too. I attend the church because I found Christ in the church. Also, the church has a very rich history and tradition, being a Catholic is also a way of life, its beyond just a church. The Catholic was not formed by no "human" but Jesus Christ himself at the age of 33. The church is owned by no man "claiming to be general overseer" and collecting all the money. I also attend the church because of its humanitarian activities across the world and of course it's influence and power it's holds in the world, it remains the only church found in every corner of the globe with over 4 billion with the Pope. It's also the church that celebrates the body and blood of Jesus Christ everyday in the world. I love the teaching and belief in saints, Virgin Mary, sacraments , the celibacy, etc.
#ProudlyCatholic
Over 2000 years of existence with unbroken history and tradition. wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by musicwriter(m): 2:04pm On Jun 05, 2016
Religion is not the way to God. ALL religion. So, it doesn't make any difference your church.

Churches, mosques, synagogues, aren't the way to God.

Jesus described religious people as ''hypocrites who wash the outside of the cup while leaving the inside dirty''. He was talking to you church goers!.

Quit religion and find your way to God. God is inside of you. God is not somewhere else. God is not in the church!.
Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by emmkeffs(f): 2:06pm On Jun 05, 2016
All this madness to prove that your church is good is crazy. ain't all of you Christians? God is Love and does not live in a house but in you
Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by wiloy2k8(m): 2:09pm On Jun 05, 2016
i dont attend any church .
Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by tinyanosa(f): 2:13pm On Jun 05, 2016
It's has given my life a meaning and the light of the word has transformed me.
Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 05, 2016
chuzzyofficial:

smiley you're pretty far from heaven!

What makes yu think yu close?!
Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by Caleycash(m): 2:41pm On Jun 05, 2016
domopps:
I attend winners because because I had an encounter with God first day I was invited to the church!

I used to hate Oyedepo with passion the same way ipod youth hate Buhari but was marvel with what I saw the day I was invited to the church and since then till forever am gona remain winner!

#Teamwinners

*From glory to glory..........

Cheeeers
and u hate ipob supporters deducing from ur comment... I wonder what kind of Christianity we practice this days
Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by davires: 2:49pm On Jun 05, 2016
I attend COZA and has changed my life.
Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by Pennywise(m): 2:56pm On Jun 05, 2016
Church is neat and clean.
Pastor is reasonable and Intelligent
While giving is recognized as an essential part of Ministry work, no attempt is made to extort members or play one against the other in order to reap from petty superiority in perceived financial status.
Every sermon is well researched in the Bible.
Pastor lives by what he preaches. In fact u will think gentleman was born to be a preacher.
However,
Too long sermon: 1and half hour!! I hate that.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by Pennywise(m): 2:59pm On Jun 05, 2016
davires:
I attend COZA and has changed my life.

That COZA guy is no pastor at all. He is a player like me. May God forgive us our sins.
Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 3:07pm On Jun 05, 2016
ginagold01:
the systematic word of God is preched,earnestly contending for the faith which was once delivered to the saints

Jesus only is our message...

Lol... I see you...

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by keyhole2015(m): 3:10pm On Jun 05, 2016
My present church is MFM joined in 2010 from Ang. - MFM is devoted to revival of apostolic signs, Holy Ghost fireworks, miracles, and unlimited demonstration of the power of God, to deliver to the uttermost. Absolute holiness within and without as spiritual insecticide and pre-requisite for heaven is openly taught. My present church is a do-it-yourself gospel ministry, where your hands are trained to wage wars and your fingers to do the battle. Psalm 144:1.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by Ojisik(m): 3:10pm On Jun 05, 2016
hemartins:

Absolutely Correct

I totally concur with you. I started attending in 2010 and I've really developed. Just rounded up 200 level membership class yesterday. Nice to meet you on this platform.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by habayommy: 3:38pm On Jun 05, 2016
justicejay:
I was born into a baptist family. I grown up loving it and loving it more, thou I wanted to quit sometimes and I tried other doctrine but I didn't feel among,I didn't feel the spirit,so I returned back to my root now it has been part of my heart, no matter where I found myself I always find a baptist gathering.

#proudlyBaptist
#Baptistfamily

Sumbeam, GA, Lydia, RA, MMU, WMU....
#proudlybaptist
Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by shaneroberts26: 3:47pm On Jun 05, 2016
Fvck god and church!
Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by justicejay(m): 3:48pm On Jun 05, 2016
habayommy:

Sumbeam, GA, Lydia, RA, MMU, WMU.... #proudlybaptist
Asin am just in love with it. They build the faith from the womb.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by sageb: 3:59pm On Jun 05, 2016
I'm not a member of any church. My dilemma is that i can't find a true church that practice christianity in word and action. Pls can any recommend a church i should that practice Godly principles.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by flamingREED(m): 4:01pm On Jun 05, 2016
Haha.

People going to heaven are ashamed to mention the names of their supposed awesome churches.

Na wa ooo.

Meanwhile, I like DLBC.

I'm yet to know a preacher that performs many miracles as W.F. Kumuyi.

As his many sons, one of which is Edison Daminabo the current state overseer of DLBC Rivers State.

These two heavy weight champion servants of God shall champion the crusade this evening at UST Ph.

I invite all Ph Nairalanders cheesy
Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by blackknyte(m): 4:06pm On Jun 05, 2016
teepsee:
Me?

Op if it's because you are born into the church is your reason, I advise you to go sit down and rethink.

For me, I don't have a particular church where I worship, as long as they worship in truth n spirit I am there. Matt 7:21

You talk about worshipping in spirit and truth and quote Matt 7:21 which when read all together from vs 15 to 24 goes from talking of false prophets to talking of the true disciple who builds on the right foundation.

Well, let's see what the bible says about foundation and church in Matt 16:18.

“And so I tell you, Peter: you are a rock, and on this rock foundation I will build my church, and not even death will ever be able to overcome it.”

The entire purpose of this submission is to highlight the danger of not belonging/having a particular church.

I will go ahead to announce the importance of The Church which is the body of Christ in the following submissions:

“But if I am delayed, this letter will let you know how we should conduct ourselves in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭3:15

The church is the pillar and support of the Truth

The problem here is that all the various denominations teach different things.

I am Catholic by the way. I would love to discuss more with you.
Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by IBNgemini: 4:16pm On Jun 05, 2016
saxwizard:
because dey hv good sound system. ....only instrumentalist will understand
Lol
Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by IBNgemini: 4:17pm On Jun 05, 2016
saxwizard:
because dey hv good sound system. ....only instrumentalist will understand
Dat is one of instrumentalists nightmare....
Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by chibolic(m): 4:22pm On Jun 05, 2016
IBNgemini:

I UNDERSTAND WITH U, CUZ I AM ALSO AN INSTRUMENTALIST.
Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 05, 2016
Where i come from, we don't go to church.
Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 05, 2016
I currently attend Dunamis international gospel center because of the balance and completeness of the message and also the songs of the senior pastor, PST Dr. Paul Enenche whom yesterday was his birthday...

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by chiwetel(f): 5:04pm On Jun 05, 2016
I attend my present church,Catholic not just because I was born into it,buh because I have experienced the fullness of God's love and divinity.
The church in all its beautiful mysteries gives me a glimpse of heaven and the world beyond.I believe in the most holy catholic and apostolic church.my faith, my life.
Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by chiwetel(f): 5:07pm On Jun 05, 2016
Handsomecole:
Firstly, i'm a Roman Catholic and a born Catholic. I was privileged to be born one too. I attend the church because I found Christ in the church. Also, the church has a very rich history and tradition, being a Catholic is also a way of life, its beyond just a church. The Catholic was not formed by no "human" but Jesus Christ himself at the age of 33. The church is owned by no man "claiming to be general overseer" and collecting all the money. I also attend the church because of its humanitarian activities across the world and of course it's influence and power it's holds in the world, it remains the only church found in every corner of the globe with over 4 billion with the Pope. It's also the church that celebrates the body and blood of Jesus Christ everyday in the world. I love the teaching and belief in saints, Virgin Mary, sacraments , the celibacy, etc.
#ProudlyCatholic
thanks for this, its encouraging to see Catholics that are richly enlightened in the faith.its our great treasure, we would everly cherish it.

am quite fanatic,I know
Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by Ferdyboss: 5:18pm On Jun 05, 2016
1. Undiluted word of God

2. Anointed Sherpard

3. Praying Church

4. Revelation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by Nwaonyeocha: 5:30pm On Jun 05, 2016
You can lie eh!

When and how did Jesus start a church?
Was Jesus a christian?

I attend all churches, there is no church in heaven and hell fire.

Handsomecole:
#ProudlyCatholic
Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by Nwaonyeocha: 5:35pm On Jun 05, 2016
Bros, so Christ built his church on a mere mortal Peter? Then the Catholic church ought to be church of Peter.
Read that Matt 16 from beginning to end and think twice.

blackknyte:

You talk about worshipping in spirit and truth and quote Matt 7:21 which when read all together from vs 15 to 24 goes from talking of false prophets to talking of the true disciple who builds on the right foundation.

Well, let's see what the bible says about foundation and church in Matt 16:18.

“And so I tell you, Peter: you are a rock, and on this rock foundation I will build my church, and not even death will ever be able to overcome it.”

The entire purpose of this submission is to highlight the danger of not belonging/having a particular church.

I will go ahead to announce the importance of The Church which is the body of Christ in the following submissions:

“But if I am delayed, this letter will let you know how we should conduct ourselves in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭3:15

The church is the pillar and support of the Truth

The problem here is that all the various denominations teach different things.

I am Catholic by the way. I would love to discuss more with you.
Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by BrosMayowa(m): 6:34pm On Jun 05, 2016
I'm the lead bassist and drummer boy. Does that count?
Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by sonofthunder: 7:14pm On Jun 05, 2016
the reasons are many but one is that the fire of God is burning there.
Re: Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? by saxwizard(m): 7:33pm On Jun 05, 2016
IBNgemini:
my broda I tell u....it can b frustrating

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fearing The Apocalypse, Man Tries To Build His Own Ark / Francis Arinze Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today / The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.