Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. (12217 Views)

Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / Share Your Testimonies Here / Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 13, 2013
2013: The year of the Famine and the Feast.

2013 met me in tears. After graduating with a 2:1 in Electrical and Electronics Engineering since 2009. I couldnt get a job so I enrolled for M.Eng in a federal Univ and I also started unpaid internship with the states electrical parastatals where I was being grouped with ond and wasce holders for tasks.

I had finished my M.ENG course work and was working on my research but I didnt just want to stay at home doing nothing.

Few months ago the lord gave me a testimony and I got called up for a job I had been doing the recruitment since last year.

I want to encourage you to stay strong and believe God for a miracle cos God has been good to me this year.

Kindly share your testimonies on this thread so that people can be encouraged.

2014 will be better in Jesus name.

32 Likes

Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
Guitarlife: 2013: The year of the Famine and the Feast.

2013 met me in tears. After graduating with a 2:1 in Electrical and Electronics Engineering since 2009. I couldnt get a job so I enrolled for M.Eng in a federal Univ and I also started unpaid internship with the states electrical parastatals where I was being grouped with ond and wasce holders for tasks.

I had finished my M.ENG course work and was working on my research but I didnt just want to stay at home doing nothing.

Few months ago the lord gave me a testimony and I got called up for a job I had been doing the recruitment since last year.

I want to encourage you to stay strong and believe God for a miracle cos God has been good to me this year.

Kindly share your testimonies on this thread so that people can be encouraged.

2014 will be better in Jesus name.

But why did God keep you jobless for four years before eventually giving you a job in 2013?

5 Likes

Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 13, 2013
rationalmind:

But why did God keep you jobless for four years before eventually giving you a job in 2013?

john 11: 4
When he heard this, Jesus said, "This sickness will
not end in death. No, it is for God's glory so that
God's Son may be glorified through it."

i also concluded research work on my M.ENG.
And am almost through now.

17 Likes

Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 13, 2013
Guitarlife:

john 11: 4
When he heard this, Jesus said, "This sickness will
not end in death. No, it is for God's glory so that
God's Son may be glorified through it."

i also concluded research work on my M.ENG.
And am almost through now.

So, for his own glory, its better ure jobless cheesy cheesy

And that research would had been better funded and faster had it been you had a job. Moreso, having a job doesn't prevent you from doing your masters. You of all people should know that

1 Like

Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 13, 2013
rationalmind:

So, for his own glory, its better ure jobless cheesy cheesy

And that research would had been better funded and faster had it been you had a job. Moreso, having a job doesn't prevent you from doing your masters. You of all people should know that
Most of my friends who got jobs since then still dont earn up to my start up pay and they are still parading the same first degree.

just like Eccleciastes 3:11

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has
also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can
fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

58 Likes

Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 13, 2013
Guitarlife:
Most of my friends who got jobs since then still dont earn up to my start up pay and they are still parading the same first degree.

just like Eccleciastes 3:11

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has
also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can
fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

And none of them is earning more than ure earning

1 Like

Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
rationalmind:

And none of them is earning more than ure earning

Very few are. And those few ones are still parading thier 1st degrees.

God made it a win-win situation for me.

12 Likes

Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 13, 2013
Guitarlife:

Very few are. And those few ones are still parading thier 1st degrees.

God made it a win-win situation for me.

The bolded answers my question. The same way there are few people earning more than you, there should naturally be few people earning what ure earning. It has nothing to do with God.

Funny enough, some of the ones earning more than you are atheists or pagans

1 Like

Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by NativeBoy: 8:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
@ rationalmind. God works on an individual basis. This is his story fashioned by God. The OP knows what he is talking about. You miss the point. God's working in the OPs life doesn't mean that he will be above. God has put him where he wants him to be.

There are times though when God makes a believer the best and at the top of everyone.

I wouldn't expect you to understand though.

16 Likes

Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 13, 2013
NativeBoy: @ rationalmind. God works on an individual basis. This is his story fashioned by God. The OP knows what he is talking about. You miss the point. God's working in the OPs life doesn't mean that he will be above. God has put him where he wants him to be.

There are times though when God makes a believer the best and at the top of everyone.

I wouldn't expect you to understand though.

1. Why did God have to keep him jobless for four years?

2. And there are times when God makes a believer the worst below everyone cheesy cheesy

You guys repeat virtually the same thing in different ways. You tend to focus on the positives and credit it to God whilst ignoring the negatives.

Another form of the argument is, a look at the design and order of the universe shows there must be a creator

2 Likes

Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by NativeBoy: 8:57pm On Dec 13, 2013
rationalmind:

2. And there are times when God makes a believer the worst below everyone cheesy cheesy

You guys repeat virtually the same thing in different ways. You tend to focus on the positives and credit it to God whilst ignoring the negatives.

Another form of the argument is, a look at the design and order of the universe shows there must be a creator

The answer is the same to both questions. God sets everything to a time and season. Again it isn't something you can accept.

Also, all the arguments atheists here on NL make are just arguments they got from the Internet that other well known atheists have made. Sometimes I even see it lifted word for word; so I wouldn't accuse others of repeating arguments.

5 Likes

Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by oyeludef(m): 9:01pm On Dec 13, 2013
rationalmind:

d same way joseph's dream was imprisoned but God used situations around to lead him to d top. all things work together for good to dem dat love God and are called according to his purpose

5 Likes

Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 13, 2013
NativeBoy:

The answer is the same to both questions. God sets everything to a time and season. Again it isn't something you can accept.

Also, all the arguments atheists here on NL make are just arguments they got from the Internet that other well known atheists have made. Sometimes I even see it lifted word for word; so I wouldn't accuse others of repeating arguments.

Since you evaded the question, here is it again.

WHY did God have to keep him Jobless for four yeas. Your answer that God sets everything to a time and season is no answer as I can repeat the question as,

Why does God have to keep people in untold pain and hardship because he has a set time and season. What prevents him from bringing that time and season forward.

And as for the second part of your reply, that's an obvious lie. I don't get my arguments from anywhere. Every argument I produce comes from my head.

1 Like

Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 13, 2013
oyelude f: d same way joseph's dream was imprisoned but God used situations around to lead him to d top. all things work together for good to dem dat love God and are called according to his purpose

Except that your answer fails to explain cases of christians who died poor and lived wretched lives. Their situation was never used to lead them to the top

1 Like

Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by oyeludef(m): 9:44pm On Dec 13, 2013
rationalmind:

Except that your answer fails to explain cases of christians who died poor and lived wretched lives. Their situation was never used to lead them to the top
my bible tells me dat those who know their God shall b strong n do exploit. also d bible tells us dat God cant b mocked wat u sow u reap if u sow God would make sure u reap cos He is a just GOD know thy GOD.

1 Like

Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 13, 2013
oyelude f: my bible tells me dat those who know their God shall b strong n do exploit. also d bible tells us dat God cant b mocked wat u sow u reap if u sow God would make sure u reap cos He is a just GOD know thy GOD.

With your remaining mb, type www.google.com on your address bar. When the page loads, type "red herring". Click on any of the search results
Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by oyeludef(m): 9:52pm On Dec 13, 2013
rationalmind:

With your remaining mb, type www.google.com on your address bar. When the page loads, type "red herring". Click on any of the search results
i dont get you
Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 13, 2013
oyelude f: i dont get you

Ok, let me make it a bit clearer.

1. Go to www.google.com

2. Type "Red Herring" on the google search box. Click on search.

3. When the search results load, click on anyone
Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by oyeludef(m): 10:01pm On Dec 13, 2013
rationalmind:

Ok, let me make it a bit clearer.

1. Go to www.google.com

2. Type "Red Herring" on the google search box. Click on search.

3. When the search results load, click on anyone
wat purpose is dat suppose to serve? mr red herrin
Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 13, 2013
oyelude f: wat purpose is dat suppose to serve? mr red herrin

That was what you did when you said

oyelude f: my bible tells me dat those who know their
God shall b strong n do exploit. also d bible
tells us dat God cant b mocked wat u sow u
reap if u sow God would make sure u reap cos
He is a just GOD know thy GOD.

You actually committed a logical fallacy called "red herring". The reason I told you to read about it is to prevent such errors next time
Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by NativeBoy: 10:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
rationalmind:

You assume God wants to take everyone to the top.
Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by NativeBoy: 10:18pm On Dec 13, 2013
rationalmind:

Since you evaded the question, here is it again.

WHY did God have to keep him Jobless for four yeas. Your answer that God sets everything to a time and season is no answer as I can repeat the question as,

Why does God have to keep people in untold pain and hardship because he has a set time and season. What prevents him from bringing that time and season forward.

And as for the second part of your reply, that's an obvious lie. I don't get my arguments from anywhere. Every argument I produce comes from my head.

I didn't evade the question. It's just an answer you are unwilling to accept. You assume that something prevents God from doing such and such. And why do you assume it's God who keeps people in pain and hardship. Sometimes our pain and hardship are the result of our choices or the choices of others.

Now I'm sure you can understand that if God is who I believe him to be, then how can I fully comprehend Him. If I have a complete understanding of God, then God is no longer God.

3 Likes

Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 13, 2013
NativeBoy:

You assume God wants to take everyone to the top.

No. I've seen that, for some crazy and stu.pid reasons which I don't know and which uve been unable to tell me, he prefers to keep some people on the "low" till they die.
Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 13, 2013
NativeBoy:

I didn't evade the question. It's just an answer you are unwilling to accept. You assume that something prevents God from doing such and such. And why do you assume it's God who keeps people in pain and hardship. Sometimes our pain and hardship are the result of our choices or the choices of others.

Now I'm sure you can understand that if God is who I believe him to be, then how can I fully comprehend Him. If I have a complete understanding of God, then God is no longer God.

Typical christian evasive answer. When things are good, praise God. When bad, excuse God.

As platteon once brilliantly noted, God seems to be the best escape artist ever known.

1 Like

Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by NativeBoy: 10:24pm On Dec 13, 2013
rationalmind:

No. I've seen that, for some crazy and stu.pid reasons which I don't know and which uve been unable to tell me, he prefers to keep some people on the "low" till they die.

It's because you have a false concept of God.
Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 13, 2013
NativeBoy:

It's because you have a false concept of God.

And what makes you feel your concept of God isn't the false one?
Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by NativeBoy: 10:31pm On Dec 13, 2013
rationalmind:

The Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 13, 2013
NativeBoy:

The Lord Jesus Christ.

grin grin grin
Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by Ajibam: 10:37pm On Dec 13, 2013
rationalmind:

we are justified by faith..
we know who we are!!

2 Likes

Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by Ajibam: 10:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
rationalmind:

grin grin grin
wink
Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 13, 2013
Ajibam:
we are justified by faith..
we know who we are!!

And ure proud to be justified by faith.

You should be justified by reason not faith
Re: The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. by Ajibam: 10:48pm On Dec 13, 2013
rationalmind:

And ure proud to be justified by faith.

You should be justified by reason not faith
nope.. i can't be justified by mere human reason..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

990 Years In The Kingdom Of Darkness_ Evangelist Olufumilayo #series One. / Francis Arinze Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today / Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.