Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,532 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? (4853 Views)

Is Jesus The Servant Of God According To The Bible? / Did Moses See God Or Was Timothy Wrong About No One Being Able To see God? / Greater Is The Servant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 05, 2016
SuperSupremo:
yes ma'am but if you follow the posts carefully you will see I debated on that ground with the lead defender and got him clapping for me that bible indeed in numerous verses referred to Jesus as servant.

I mentioned Trinity because I head you trying to use that to prove your point and I had to kill it as a non starter

but atm the lead defender is convinced for now that Jesus is a servant according to the bible
ok o, I am not an expert in that area. Anyone you call him, but I know who he is to me.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 05, 2016
ireneony:
but spirit in heaven are servant to God. The second in command after God was lucifer whom later became the devil.
Jesus is a servant with high rank. Second to God.

Do not forget that angels are also called Sons of God in other passages like Job 1:6 and Genesis 6:1-2
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by ypeace: 5:24pm On Jun 05, 2016
ireneony:
I think he is a servant of God.
Prove me wrong if you think otherwise
He is a servant of God. He worshipped God and God never worshipped him. He prays to God and God never pray to him. He is an Human being who eats and shits.......
But He is not just an Human being, he is a prophet bestowed with powers not given to most Human.
He clearly show it in some verses of the Bible that he lacks some thing e.g, knowledge of the day of judgement, also he rebuked the person that called him good master. He doesn't deserve to be worshipped,
Jesus is one of the wonders or signs of God. May peace and blessing of God be upon him.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by favourboy1(m): 9:24pm On Jun 05, 2016
SuperSupremo:

Appreciate your claps and thanks for that bro

Every creation is a servant

bible itself tells you Jesus is a servant as I just proved you wrong and got you clapping for me

Except if you only do cherry picking to prove otherwise

Muslims glorify Jesus than any faith does

Muslim never said he is a mere servant but he is one of the few of most noble prophets

Jews calls him bastard and call his mother Mary a hoe

Christians calls him son of God whilst they put aside many righteous people also called sons of God right in the same bible

What a pity

Forgetting how Jesus served God and distanced himself from divinity

if you are a Christian its either you practice it just because you are born by Christian parents or you are bible illiterate or you deceive yourself deliberately
God bls ur knwldge

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by favourboy1(m): 9:47pm On Jun 05, 2016
buharisbae:
jesus is the son of God just like a son is always a sevant to his servant so its clear that he is both
sorry ma'am jesus is a servant, sorry 4 misquote

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by ibnzubair(m): 10:10pm On Jun 05, 2016
favourboy1:
nothing to say again #clappingforyou

according Mark 10:42-45 its true, but that ireneony is puting it in the muslim way of calling jesus a mere servant. Who calls jesus a servant in the bible xcpt God himslf n jesus himslf, jesus is a servant frm God and a son, muslim blv is that he is not a son of God bt a servant.

I have to come in here.
I'm a Muslim and I sincerely hope you have nothing against that. I just wish to clarify some of our views on Jesus Christ the Messiah (so he was referred to by Allah even in the Qur'an)

1. Jesus Christ (peace be upon him) is a servant just the same way Muhammad (peace be upon him) was... so we agree they are both servants to Our Lord God... and that isn't "mere'' as you put it.

2. We believe that Begetting offsprings is entirely a human thing and hence Our Lord God is above that act.

3. We also believe that Jesus Christ never died and that he will return to us here on earth.

if only for peace to reign, it's better we look much more into the similarities between our religions and not assume those of one another. I know little about Christianity, but I believe Lord God ordered them to worship none but he and to be good to their parents neighbors and the whole mankind. We follow those orders so we shouldn't be at war.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by SuperSupremo(m): 10:32pm On Jun 05, 2016
favourboy1:
God bls ur knwldge
Amen!!!

may God help us all towards the ultimate truth and give us the zeal to follow it

Am proud of you bro
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by buharisbae(f): 10:34pm On Jun 05, 2016
favourboy1:
sorry ma'am jesus is a servant, sorry 4 misquote

its okay we all learn everyday wink
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by SuperSupremo(m): 10:39pm On Jun 05, 2016
firstEVA:
ok o, I am not an expert in that area. Anyone you call him, but I know who he is to me.
Am only serving as an informer

you have the total ability to do what you feel but here to inform you more about what you believeore like the other side u hardly know.

but change and following the right part is solely in the hands of Almighty God and not me.

May he give us all the wisdom to see the ultimate truth and the zeal to follow it
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by tabithababy(f): 6:30am On Jun 06, 2016
Jesus is God himself. That is God in human form. angry
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by favourboy1(m): 11:24am On Jun 06, 2016
buharisbae:

its okay we all learn everyday wink
yes ma'am
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by favourboy1(m): 11:26am On Jun 06, 2016
SuperSupremo:
Amen!!!

may God help us all towards the ultimate truth and give us the zeal to follow it

Am proud of you bro
amen, thanks
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by favourboy1(m): 11:26am On Jun 06, 2016
ibnzubair:

I have to come in here.
I'm a Muslim and I sincerely hope you have nothing against that. I just wish to clarify some of our views on Jesus Christ the Messiah (so he was referred to by Allah even in the Qur'an)

1. Jesus Christ (peace be upon him) is a servant just the same way Muhammad (peace be upon him) was... so we agree they are both servants to Our Lord God... and that isn't "mere'' as you put it.

2. We believe that Begetting offsprings is entirely a human thing and hence Our Lord God is above that act.

3. We also believe that Jesus Christ never died and that he will return to us here on earth.

if only for peace to reign, it's better we look much more into the similarities between our religions and not assume those of one another. I know little about Christianity, but I believe Lord God ordered them to worship none but he and to be good to their parents neighbors and the whole mankind. We follow those orders so we shouldn't be at war.
ok
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 06, 2016
Jesus is not a servant. But the only begotten Son of God
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by postmann: 8:41pm On Jun 06, 2016
firstEVA:
from the bible, he is the son of God who happens to be the 2nd in the trinity. I am not too good with scriptures, but I believe I am right.

Postm.ann will know the correct answer.

Hey favourite one, you're right. Asking that kind of question about J.E.S.U.S is ridiculous. Even though in Isaiah HE was described as a servant of GOD, because of the kind of work HE came to do. It is very clear that HE is the SON of GOD, the 2nd PERSON in the TRINITY.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 07, 2016
postmann:

Hey favourite one, you're right. Asking that kind of question about J.E.S.U.S is ridiculous. Even though in Isaiah HE was described as a servant of GOD, because of the kind of work HE came to do. It is very clear that HE is the SON of GOD, the 2nd PERSON in the TRINITY.
Thanks for the confirmation smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by hopeforcharles(m): 7:14am On Jun 08, 2016
Jesus is the Son of God, and while he is on earth with the earthly body he went down to serve, He came and place and Example for all men to follow, Anybody saying Jesus is only a servant is just cherry picking. People tends to copy a place and just use it to get what they want. The Statement from God when he was been baptized covers all as long as it was voiced by God the father. A soon does the will of the father. And there is a Trinty. God was Mention, Jesus was mention The Holy Spirit was mention So what other Prove do You need. Enough of all this misleading things. The Problem with this latest crops of Christains is that they dont know / read the Bible well or even Read it.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by cloudgoddess(f): 7:22am On Jun 08, 2016
Jesus, if he ever existed, was most likely a regular Jewish man with followers who overexagerated, or even fabricated stories about his life.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by shevi4mb(m): 11:22am On Jun 09, 2016
The problem here is the translation of Hebrew to English language. Hebrew is a bit similar to Arabic. And the Muslims uses arabic version to say Jesus is servant of God
Ben(hebrew) is like Bin (arabic) wic all mean 'son of'
Benie Elohim (sons of God) or in arabic Bani isreal (people of isreal)

Abel (breath of/creation of) and Abd in arabic means servant of.
If that is the case Adam is also son of/breath of God.

Human or part-human offspring of deities are very common in other religions and mythologies also. For example in the Epic of Gilgamesh, one of the earliest recorded legends of humanity, Gilgamesh claimed to be of both human and divine descent. Another well-known son of a god and a human is HERCULES.

A great many pantheons also included genealogies in which various gods were descended from other gods, and so the term "son of god" may be applied to many actual deities as well."

So as we can see, the "Son of GOD" theory originally comes from pagan Greek origins.   And since most of the Bible's New Testament was written in Greek, then it had been without a doubt negatively influenced by such pagan theology, where Jesus being called "Son of GOD" is literally interpreted today as "part of GOD" or the "Creator of the Universe".

"In the Hebrew Bible Israel is both a man (Jacob, the son of Isaac) and the nation that descended from him.

Because of the shared name and organic identity, God speaks to the nation as though he were a single person. Israel is, in fact, God's son (Exod 4:22 — beni vechori yisrael; Deut 14:1 — banim atem l'Adonai; Jer 31:9 — ki hayiti le'yisrael le'av; Hosea 11:1 — mimitzrayim qarati livni).

Israel's Father nurtures him to grow up and become a worshiping servant (Exod 4:23 — "Let my son go that he may serve me"wink."

For you to know that the mistake is from English translation, pls take time to compare these verses in these different version of the Bible..
Acts 3:25-26 (compare KJV and NKJV)
Same in NIV,ASV, NASB
The problem here is the Greek word 'PAIS' wic can mean son/servant, jst like English word 'bear' wic can mean so many things

Could it be that these modern translators disagree that "pais" can be translated "son?" No, the NKJV committee translates this very word as "boy," "child" or "son" in Matthew 2:16; 17:18; 21:15; Luke 2:43; 9:42; and John 4:51. Yet they refused to translate the word as "son" in this powerful sermon where Peter presents Jesus as Messiah and Son of God.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by UyiIredia(m): 6:21pm On Jun 09, 2016
ireneony:
I think he is a servant of God.
Prove me wrong if you think otherwise

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:33pm On Jun 09, 2016
UyiIredia:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Truth . The most popular verse in the bible - arguable though -and it somehow eluded her .
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by Vick4rill(m): 10:02pm On Jun 09, 2016
[quote author=ireneony post=46292663]but spirit in heaven are servant to God. The second in command after God was lucifer whom later became the devil.
Jesus is a servant with high rank. Second to God. [/quote Romancelander don taya u abi?? why dont u give us verses were they claim jesus is a servant?
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by Vick4rill(m): 10:25pm On Jun 09, 2016
cloudgoddess:
Jesus, if he ever existed, was most likely a regular Jewish man with followers who overexagerated, or even fabricated stories about his life.
if he doesnt exist u wont ve bothered to replied this thread.. seriously u guys should stop this hate on God. cus no matter what happend he will always ve billion fellowers who serves him. nw my question to u atheist is why are u people so eager to prove to us that jesus and God does nt exist? why do u waste ur time, m.b and knowledge to prove the non existance of sumtin, that u knw will never be agree upon?
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by mrZENographer: 10:51pm On Jun 09, 2016
ireneony:
but he is servant in heaven.

Don't mind me, i like to think deep#
Christianity is so complicated. Muslims call jesus the servant of God. I believe their version of the story better

Christianity is not complicated. The problem is ur Quran have made u guys so daft you cannot understand simple logic and even English. What was explained to you about the son of God and Servant of God is clearly concise.

A servant of God is generally someone that does the will of God. Jesus is the SON/Word of God carrying out his Father's will. Just like in your father/papa's house, the fact that you are doing domestic work does not mean that you are a boy boy/servant. I've tried to use simpler terms. God help you to understand.

Moreover, go and ask your imam why the Quran is deceiving Muslims by teaching them that Christians believe that God had a wife to beget a Son. Your Quran is so carnal and deceiving. Maybe christians should start saying that Allah told Muslims to be eating pigs every Ramadan.

Sorry if that tone is too strong. It's just unfair that Quran is saying something about us we never believed in so as to generate more converts. And that's what causing killing of christians.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by mrZENographer: 11:03pm On Jun 09, 2016
Vick4rill:
if he doesnt exist u wont ve bothered to replied this thread.. seriously u guys should stop this hate on God. cus no matter what happend he will always ve billion fellowers who serves him. nw my question to u atheist is why are u people so eager to prove to us that jesus and God does nt exist? why do u waste ur time, m.b and knowledge to prove the non existance of sumtin, that u knw will never be agree upon?

They don't have even one proof. All they can do is make jests and exaggerations of the word of God and boast about fallible repentant science.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by ebiagtales: 11:07pm On Jun 09, 2016
mrZENographer:

Christianity is not complicated. The problem is ur Quran have made u guys so daft you cannot understand simple logic and even English. What was explained to you about the son of God and Servant of God is clearly concise.

A servant of God is generally someone that does the will of God. Jesus is the SON/Word of God carrying out his Father's will. Just like in your father/papa's house, the fact that you are doing domestic work does not mean that you are a boy boy/servant. I've tried to use simpler terms. God help you to understand.

Moreover, go and ask your imam why the Quran is deceiving Muslims by teaching them that Christians believe that God had a wife to beget a Son. Your Quran is so carnal and deceiving. Maybe christians should start saying that Allah told Muslims to be eating pigs every Ramadan.

Sorry if that tone is too strong. It's just unfair that Quran is saying something about us we never believed in so as to generate more converts. And that's what causing killing of christians.
According to the DOCTRINE OF THE UFOS given to Otem by Eartum, both religions are product of one god, named Satan(Jehovah/Allah) the killers of multitudes. MrZenographer, your god is lame, hope you agree.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by cloudgoddess(f): 1:46pm On Jun 10, 2016
Vick4rill:
Why do you guys keep repeating this lie? That just isn't true. If there is a widely adopted falsehood being injected into peoples minds, and there is a small group of individuals who understand that it is indeed a falsehood -- one which is robbing people of their time, mental energy, and money -- then why would we not speak up?

And you're wrong about your religion "always having a billion followers". Global trends are showing that wherever technological innovation, widespread education, and government stability are on the rise, religion is on the decline. 50 years ago the Netherlands had an over 90% Christian population. Now it's reduced to around 30%. The United States has seen less dramatic trends in the same direction.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by cloudgoddess(f): 1:48pm On Jun 10, 2016
mrZENographer:

[b]They don't have even one proof. [/b]All they can do is make jests and exaggerations of the word of God and boast about fallible repentant science.
I know you deeply, deeply wish that were true. But it just isn't. Stop lying to yourself and open your eyes.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by Babacele: 1:58pm On Jun 12, 2016
ireneony:
but he is servant in heaven.

Don't mind me, i like to think deep#
Christianity is so complicated. Muslims call jesus the servant of God. I believe their version of the story better
hmmmmm......servant oooo, son oooo ain't we all from God? but our level of perception of the original laws or the cosmic bestow sonship or servanthood to us.......Jesus fine understanding of the cosmic , his simple and flexible style of communicating God's messages leaves you in no doubt as to his closeness to the most supreme being like a son to his father. The 'son -servant' phrases being employed to explain these relationship are merely political statements by religions based on their understandings and God has nothing to do with that. God does not change but our perception of him does.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by HDee(m): 5:36am On Jun 30, 2016
Ireneony.... You will always wonder, do you know in the bible, from the beginning to the end, Jesus never for once called himself the Son of God... Everytime he would refer to himself the son of Man or servant of God.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 30, 2016
smh for those who say Jesus is a servant
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by Oches4me(m): 6:04pm On Apr 23, 2017
favourboy1:
jesus is a son of God. He wasnt among us, he was sent to us through the manifestation of the holy spirit and mary, he is never a servant because he did the will of his father in heaven, he said so, he is a son.
Christian is a confused religion, that is y all of u are confused, Jesus PBUH is a prophet and servants of God.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What If The Devil Repents Today? / Another Revelation By A Female Member Of COZA. / Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.