Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,833 members, 7,837,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

How Does A "Soul" Make Sense? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Does A "Soul" Make Sense? (3640 Views)

Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? / Does An Atheist Have A Soul? / Win A Soul For Allah: Lexiconkabi And Other Muslims, Please Enter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does A "Soul" Make Sense? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 08, 2016
Sarassin:

Hi LoJ, yes Qigong is the best expression of the life field that I have found with the most practical use particularly in healing. Some local doctors would carry out complex bone-setting operations simply by placing their subjects into deep trance. a lot of healing, particularly of the organs can be done by subtly manipulating the life field or "Chi".

But there's more, the intrepid French-Belgian explorer Alexandra David-Neel who spent a great amount of time in Lhasa, Tibet wrote about the "Lum-gum-pas Tibetan Lamas who ran huge unbelievable distances whilst in a trance, and of others in the high altitude snow who warmed themselves simply by willing heat.
Quite awesome.

There is this Master of an old secret chinese school, who heals people (free of charge, provided you are able to find him and recognize him) and achieves very incredible feats. I got in contact with one of his close disciple at the time, and was able to see very intimate videos of him, performing acts worthy to be classifed as mythology. And more surprisingly, the man is not particularly old (about 57) and is a wealthy business man, who publicly hides his knowledge/abilities, except but to a few students of his own chosing and takes no money for it.

But I digress. If those monks are able to "will" heat, does it imply that it is:

- more or less a Kind of placebo effect, where they suceed in deceiving their "conscience" to achieve this,

Or

- More like the ability to "switch" realities, with the underlying principle that the mind, can be likened to a "remote controller", by which, one is able to "choose" or should I say to "agree" with the reality of his preference?
Re: How Does A "Soul" Make Sense? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 08, 2016
LoJ:

Quite awesome.

There is this Master of an old secret chinese school, who heals people (free of charge, provided you are able to find him and recognize him) and achieves very incredible feats. I got in contact with one of his close disciple at the time, and was able to see very intimate videos of him, performing acts worthy to be classifed as mythology. And more surprisingly, the man is not particularly old (about 57) and is a wealthy business man, who publicly hides his knowledge/abilities, except but to a few students of his own chosing and takes no money for it.

But I digress. If those monks are able to "will" heat, does it imply that it is:

- more or less a Kind of placebo effect, where they suceed in deceiving their "conscience" to achieve this,

Or

- More like the ability to "switch" realities, with the underlying principle that the mind, can be likened to a "remote controller", by which, one is able to "choose" or should I say to "agree" with the reality of his preference?

Interesting, I know one or two Qigong practitioners who do the sort of healing you describe and there are others too.

To answer your question, It is possible there is a net placebo effect on Tibetan lamas willing themselves to warmth, I feel also that because of the extremely harsh terrain they exist in they have had to find ways to adapt to their environment, and they have had to look inwards to do so. On a practical level I believe it is more vibratory, some of the really old writings I have seen give detailed and complex patterns of breathing that takes years to master, these patterns in conjunction with high altitude rarefied air produces what we know today as altered states, their writings indicate they devised complex patterns to achieve individual abilities.
Re: How Does A "Soul" Make Sense? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 08, 2016
Sarassin:

Interesting, I know one or two Qigong practitioners who do the sort of healing you describe and there are others too.

To answer your question, It is possible there is a net placebo effect on Tibetan lamas willing themselves to warmth, I feel also that because of the extremely harsh terrain they exist in they have had to find ways to adapt to their environment, and they have had to look inwards to do so. On a practical level I believe it is more vibratory, some of the really old writings I have seen give detailed and complex patterns of breathing that takes years to master, these patterns in conjunction with high altitude rarefied air produces what we know today as altered states, their writings indicate they devised complex patterns to achieve individual abilities.

I am always impressed by your insights.

I took time to search on the french Woman who went to Tibet. I got two of her books, and I must say, I am quite impressed by the lady. I wonder how many of such people are there out there, and I am not even aware of them/their journey.

It would make some sense to create a kind of Wikipedia of the spiritual history of humanity. So that distinct contributions can be made and (hints about) the spiritual knowledge given/achieved by specific people/groups can be made available to those interested. It could be of great help, and someone like you Sarassin, may be in good position to supervise such a work. After all, this is supposed to be the Aquarius!

This is more true for Africa. i have the impression that the spiritual wealth of africa is lost, or greatly hidden. All that is left, is Egyptology, Jujuism, and a few secret and initiatic cults after the model of Ogboni which sound to me quite similar to the western ones (Free masonry like) rather than pure Africa's spiritual heritage.

I personally sense they were very great mystics in Africa back in history. I have this feeling that the first "son" of god (the first enlightened) was african. But their memory is lost and almost nothing is left.

Some day I might have the possibility to view the "archives" and see for myself, what really happened back then.

1 Like

Re: How Does A "Soul" Make Sense? by SidL(m): 6:30am On Jun 12, 2016
LoJ:

Very nice Discussion. I learned a lot.

@ Sarassin, can this "life field" be equated with the notion of a body generated/related bio energy field which some eastern schools name "chi" or "qi" ?

It is known that some eastern masters/initiate are able to "see" and manipulate the energy field of their patient and facilate the healing process. Likewise they can use the characteristics of the "field" to counteract the effect of greater Electromagnetic fields (like the Earth's, or gravity, etc.) and achieve astonishing feats which would seem impossible to the common man.

cc. SidL (you may find this thread very interesting, as from Page 1).

Indeed it is. Some people here know their shit ( *Shi,t* LOL@NL ) The first page was hilarious though LOL!!!!!!!!

I will have to come back and digest this page in particular and share my opinion. I will say this briefly though, the debate on the soul is of absolute necessity and conjectures will no longer suffice. Even greater a necessity will be the need to prove the Soul irrefutably in "the lab." It will happen in our life-time and the effects will be as uplifting as it will be catastrophic. It will be the end of science and religion as we know it. It will change the world in more ways than obvious. The religions know this and fight it to keep their control via "unknowing." The scientists (most of whom are atheists) who should do the proving will not touch the matter because it invalidates their relevance instantly. But someone has to do it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Does A "Soul" Make Sense? by FlipGamBino: 6:11pm On Aug 07, 2016
hi Sarassin,

Was in need of some explaining with regards auspicious timing and deekshas, I have done some reading on both topics but I might like some insight, I know this is one region you are quite familiar with...

I was off social media for a bit but I am back.
Sarassin:

Re: How Does A "Soul" Make Sense? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 07, 2016
FlipGamBino:
hi Sarassin,

Was in need of some explaining with regards auspicious timing and deekshas, I have done some reading on both topics but I might like some insight, I know this is one region you are quite familiar with...

I was off social media for a bit but I am back.

@FlipGamBino, welcome back. I am glad to help, what specifically are you after?
Re: How Does A "Soul" Make Sense? by FlipGamBino: 11:03pm On Aug 07, 2016
Sarassin:

@FlipGamBino, welcome back. I am glad to help, what specifically are you after?

I was reading about the deeksha and my understanding is one has to do an intiation deeksha at his auspisious time to get better effect with other deeksha, is this a necessity and if so does one really need the help of a guru to this effect? Can one do this on his own? I recently concluded my 18 month "thing" we would have to find suitable grounds for that converse, the KandC with my SG was amazing,

Then could you throw some light o auspisious tiiming? Thanks
Re: How Does A "Soul" Make Sense? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 07, 2016
FlipGamBino:

I was reading about the deeksha and my understanding is one has to do an intiation deeksha at his auspisious time to get better effect with other deeksha, is this a necessity and if so does one really need the help of a guru to this effect? Can one do this on his own? I recently concluded my 18 month "thing" we would have to find suitable grounds for that converse, the KandC with my SG was amazing,

Then could you throw some light o auspisious tiiming? Thanks

Good that you came out of your sequestration hale and hearty, we should have a conversation about it if you will elsewhere. Your understanding is correct, without a doubt the Diksa is given, moreover it is at the instance of the Guru. The most effective method is by direct transmittal I am not a fan of the distance initiatory process but sometimes needs must.

Why do you think you are ready?
Re: How Does A "Soul" Make Sense? by Immorttal: 10:16pm On Aug 11, 2016
Soul = Consciousness But In Religious Term It Means Another Thing But Were Does Consciousness Lies,??The Brain?? The Heart?? Or Mind But Mind = Consciousness
the universe roams with concious and unconcious things.
Re: How Does A "Soul" Make Sense? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 14, 2016
LoJ:

I am always impressed by your insights.

I took time to search on the french Woman who went to Tibet. I got two of her books, and I must say, I am quite impressed by the lady. I wonder how many of such people are there out there, and I am not even aware of them/their journey.

It would make some sense to create a kind of Wikipedia of the spiritual history of humanity. So that distinct contributions can be made and (hints about) the spiritual knowledge given/achieved by specific people/groups can be made available to those interested. It could be of great help, and someone like you Sarassin, may be in good position to supervise such a work. After all, this is supposed to be the Aquarius!

This is more true for Africa. i have the impression that the spiritual wealth of africa is lost, or greatly hidden. All that is left, is Egyptology, Jujuism, and a few secret and initiatic cults after the model of Ogboni which sound to me quite similar to the western ones (Free masonry like) rather than pure Africa's spiritual heritage.

I personally sense they were very great mystics in Africa back in history. I have this feeling that the first "son" of god (the first enlightened) was african. But their memory is lost and almost nothing is left.

Some day I might have the possibility to view the "archives" and see for myself, what really happened back then.

This is exactly what I have been meaning to say about African spirituality too.....though using different (impulse-driven, talk(type) before thinking, preachy, emotional angrySMH) words
Thank you!!!

It makes me wanna either cry, or throw things....at times I become all preachy, but not effectively I suspect
And, cool, your post gave me some life tonight

1 Like

Re: How Does A "Soul" Make Sense? by Amberon11: 6:23am On Oct 15, 2016
Do you ?
lepasharon:
OP I guess you don't believe in ghosts then
Re: How Does A "Soul" Make Sense? by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 08, 2016
Sarassin:

Good points, I am inclined to believe that the Life field is distinct from the Aura. The Life field is itself a product of life, providing an accurate electronic mirror image in which certain details are detectable before they become apparent to our other senses. But we also know that a much larger pulsating field surrounds the body, imagine an electromagnetic energy cloud, this is the Aura. Our bodies radiate on a wavelength just outside our normal vision and our eyes are sensitive to light that lies between the wavelengths of 380 and 800 Nanometers, but with high intensity artificial sources we can extend this at either end of the spectrum into the areas of infra-red and ultraviolet light.

The aura unlike the life field can be seen surrounding living things by anyone sensitive at the infra-red end of the spectrum, there is also the “cheat” method of 'sensitizing' the eyes by looking through special chemical solutions. The Life field though cannot be seen but it can be easily detected and manipulated.

The electric field and the aura are of course bound to the body and do not go anywhere of their own accord, the Life field in particular may persist for a while even after the body is deceased and undergoes chemical decomposition, not so, the aura which will lose it hue and colours rather quickly and dissipate. The electric field does not take a new adjusted form after loss of say, a limb we know that some people who have had a leg amputated report that they can still sense it and even complain of itches in absent toes. This is due to the persistence of old sensory patterns in the brain.

Pardon me, I am curious to know what books you read to come to this esoteric knowledge? Could you recommend some for me? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
Re: How Does A "Soul" Make Sense? by oaroloye(m): 12:14pm On Nov 08, 2016
cloudgoddess:
The existence of a soul is a belief held by most religions. The concept was born from early mythology, as the animating force within all living beings (soul, "anima", animate) thought to depart upon death to an eternal, unseen realm. After Christianity arose, the immortal soul became a trait exclusive to humans, perhaps due to the doctrine that humans are superior to animals in the eyes of Yahweh.

CITATION NEEDED.

Which Christians believe that, and which do not?

In addition to being the reason we are moving and alive, the soul is thought to contain what we think of as "us". Our personality, our deepest desires, our loves and dislikes and thoughts (people who have 'wrong' or 'evil' thoughts are said to have impure souls). Our souls are the essence behind the way we feel, think, and behave.

Essentially correct.

But wait a minute.

Fast forward to the year 2016. Since the time the idea of a soul was first conceived over five thousand years ago, we have amazingly discovered the source of every form of movement in the human body. Chemicals & electricity. A rather complex dance of chemical messengers in our nervous systems (seratonin, dopamine..) interacting with those in our muscular systems (calcium, ATP..) and producing ion-charged action potentials, which move our muscles.

At this point it might be tempting to yell, "but the soul is what's MAKING all that stuff happen!!"

Indeed, the SOUL causes the BRAIN to motivate anything.

The nerves merely convey SIGNALS from the BRAIN, which TAKES ITS ORDERS FROM THE SOUL.

About the early 20th Century, the ILLUMUNATI aggressively separated any concept of a SOUL as an autonomous entity capable of housing the Mind, Memory, and Personality independently of the living body.

PSYCHOLOGY, supposedly "THE STUDY OF THE SOUL," no longer believed in the EXISTENCE of the Soul.

Anybody who said otherwise was marginalized and eliminated by any means necessary.

But if that were the case, why is it that we can artificially remove or add certain chemicals, and thereby terminate or induce movement in the body? When a person inhales a paralyzing gas like sarine or cyanide, all muscular activity comes to a halt. Ask yourself, what role is the soul playing here? Are we able to use chemicals to stop the soul from moving our bodies? Are parts of the soul being deactivated or even destroyed when we use chemicals to stop movement?

THE SOUL IS A SPIRITUAL ENERGY ENTITY THAT PROCESSES SPIRITUAL ENERGY FROM OUTSIDE THE BODY, EVEN OUTSIDE THIS WORLD, AND USES IT TO MOTIVATE CELLS.

Every Living Thing has a SOUL- without exception.

Spiritual Entities have the property of being able to EMULATE anything that they can PERCEIVE, CONCEIVE, or RECALL, be it SPIRIT or MEST (Matter, Energy, Space, and Time: PHYSICALITY,) by MODIFYING its VIBRATIONS to match the properties of whatever it is trying to emulate.

The act of modifying one's vibrations requires a measure of Spiritual Energy.

If, in the process of modifying vibrations to DEGENERATE one's Spiritual Energy into MEST, one LOSES a critical amount of energy, one would not be able to revert to SPIRIT again, and be "STUCK" in the MEST Emulation.

If the degeneration progresses gpfar enough, such a SOUL csan FORGET that it was EVER a SPIRITUAL ENTITY.

And as for the soul as the source or container of our personalities. A person with kind thoughts has a kind, pure soul, and a person with hatred and lust in their mind has a dirty, impure soul. The quality of your soul (the beliefs & thoughts within it) will be evaluated on judgment day.

...But that doesn't quite add up either.

WRONG.

The quality of one's Soul is being evaluated ALL THE TIME.

Nor is GOD the only Spiritual Being who passes Judgment.

When we have the right Spiritual Configurations, THE DEVILS are able to RAID our Spiritual Energy, for their own use and to stay alive, themselves, and to prevent us ever regaining enough energy to reverse our MEST EMULATION.

There are TEN STAGES of REVERSION TO SPIRIT ENTITY from being stuck in the MEST EMULATION TRAP of BELIEVING that our BRAIN is our MIND.

. THE TEN TALENTS. (Matthew 25:1-46.)

1. TOTAL RECALL.
2. EXTRASENSORY PERCEPTION.
3. TELEKINESIS.
4. TELEPORTATION.
5. TRANSLATION.
6-10. ETERNAL LIFE.

WHEN THE THIRD TALENT IS ATTAINED, THE BODY CAN BE MOTIVATED BY SPIRITUAL ENERGY ALONE, WITHOUT RECOURSE TO MEST.

There are people who claim to have attained the ability to do this already, called BREATHARIANS, in the West.

Their chief proponent is a beautiful blonde lady called ELLEN GREVE, who changed her name to make it sound more exotically mystical, like DORIS MURDOCK, and OSKAR BERNHARDT.

ADVANCED MARTIAL ARTS (beyond 1st Dan Black Belt) teach the same thing.

The Spirit Energy can be used to motivate the Physical Body far more powerfully than GLUCOGEN/OXYGEN.

OYINBOS ARE TERRIFIED that The THIRD WORLD will realize how to harness this Power against them, and give them what they deserve. Therefore, the Atheist Scientists LIE LIKE EXCREMENT to PRETEND that Spiritual Powers do not exist. That OUT-OF-BODY EXPERIENCES do not exist.

One popular "EVIDENCE" to test OOBE in the Medical Operating Theatre, is to put a newspaper or something in a lampshade, or something, and challenge the OUT-OF-BODY-EXPERIENCED, that:

"IF YOU WERE OUT OF YOUR BODY, LOOKING DOWN, YOU MUST HAVE SEEN THE NEWSPAPER?"

The Patient affirms that he saw the newspaper.

"WHAT WAS THE HEADLINE?"

The patient becomes confused, and cannot answer what should be easy.

The Atheist Doctor reassures the patient that his HALLUCINATION was quite normal- that he is merely DELUSIONAL.

What happened here?

The Doctor knows that THE UNTRAINED SOUL BODY CANNOT READ- what we take for granted in our normal body has to be relearned carefully by by the Soul Body.

When CARLOS CASTANEDA learned to "SOUL TRAVEL" with his "DREAMING BODY," he could not MOVE from where he landed, after "getting out" of his Physical Body. He was STUCK by his BED for THREE MONTHS!

Finally, he went back to his Teacher: How do you DO this?

The Teacher said, "You have to WILL your movements!"

He kept trying to WALK, you see?

If THAT was how it works, the DOUBLE BED would never have been invented.

[See: THE ART OF DREAMING, by Carlos Castaneda.]

In addition to knowing what causes movement, we also now know that all thinking and behavior has neurological origins. Groups of neurons, which we have billions of, connect together in web-like patterns, which grow stronger and more closely associated the more they are activated. In other words, your habitual thoughts, emotions, urges, behaviors, likes, dislikes, etc, are physically present in your brain in the form of neural networks. Also, many aspects of your personality, contained within these networks, can be permanently altered by the ongoing use of drugs.

That happens when the SOUL THINKS that it is a BRAIN.

This is the PURPOSE of PRIMARY EDUCATION.

It CAN be done the other way- you CAN bring a child up to THINK that he or she is a SPIRIT BEING, who happens to be taking care of a BODY. They will NEVER make that mistake in their life.

Another interesting phenomenon to look at, is personality research on split-brain patients. There have been experiments and observations showing that people who have had their corpus callosum severed (the mass of nerves in the center of the brain that connects the two cerebral hemispheres), can exhibit two drastically different personalities.

Most Nigerians have but rudimentary knowledge of the brain, and will be HUGELY IMPRESSESD by your use of such technical terms as "CORPUS CALLOSUM," and think that you actually know what you are talking about; I don't.

The LEFT CEREBRAL HEMISPHERE deals with the RIGHT side of the body (sic), and LOGICAL, CONCRETE THOUGHT, such as MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE, whereas the RIGHT CEREBRAL HEMISPHERE controls the LEFT side of the body, and CREATIVITY AND ART.

These are consequences of the MIND trying to merge with the BODY in the BRAIN.

Once the specialized clump of neurons responsible for integrating our two hemispheres is cut in two, each half of the brain can maintain it's own habitual thoughts and even beliefs. If one half of a person's brain professes belief in Yahweh, and the other half is atheist or even Hindu, does only half of the soul go to hell? Did the soul split into two during the split-brain surgery?

There can therefore be NO SUCH THING ("NOTHING LIKE..." applied like this, is NOT ENGLISH!) as half the brain believing in YAHWEH, and the other half being HINDU.

If Atheists have only half a brain apiece, that finally explains everything we Theists have been saying about them for decades (i.e. Ori wọn ni o wa pe)!

If the part of the mind that believes in God controls the body to obey God's Commandments, it will save the whole mind, but if the wicked part has control, the Organism has failed as a whole, and will be totally-lost.

How does a soul make sense?

You have to think outside the box that your Atheist Masters put you in.

Wake up, and smell the coffin! (Sic.)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Commit Thy Ways Unto The Lord. / The Flesh Profiteth Nothing! / What Exactly Is Speaking In Tongues.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.