Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,819,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Fasting The Healthy Way. - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Fasting The Healthy Way. (15394 Views)

Can A Muslim Brother Approach A Muslim Lady During The Ramadan Fasting / Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation / 4 Practical Tips For Healthy Ramadan Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by zaynie(f): 11:11pm On Jun 07, 2016
salewa01:
Salam alekun waramutullahi wabarakatu
am in my 3rd trimester of pregnancy ,i tried to fast today but after iftar, i start to vomit everything. My question is
is it safe for me nd my baby if i try to continue d fasting though am healthy but i don't want my baby to be too small

Wa alaykum salam.
Fasting is not compulsory for pregnant women.
You can try to fast as long as you can and break whenever you feel you can't go on.
If you decide to fast till 7pm, you can try eating a little at a time.
- Dates/fruits with water sipped slowly( then observe magrib)
- after magrib ( like 15 mins after your initial break) you can take cereal, pap or something very light and not filling at all. So that even when you feel nauseous, nothing comes out.
- rest for like 1 hr ( Ishai/ Taraweeh) you can now eat the main meal, slowly.
- dont lie down.immediately after the meal.

Also try to use your prenatals in the morning.
Dont stress yourself.
In your 3rd trimester, your baby will draw what it needs from your body, if you are overweight you need not worry only you have to stock up to replenish what is lost.
If you are underweight or have another underlyinv illness, please dont fast.

And Allah knows best.

May Allah make it easy for you.
Amin

3 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by zaynie(f): 11:16pm On Jun 07, 2016
Bolseas my QuranBuddy.....I am still on 1/30 o!
My kids wont let me be.

Temmy2103, I will check them out this Sunday In Sha Allah.
Thanks Hajia Swearest for the lecture.
Amin Rhukie.

@ Swearest, when we have doubts, what should we do? Any prayer?

1 Like

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Rhukie(f): 5:40am On Jun 08, 2016
10 Good things a Women can do on her Menses during Ramadan

Almighty Allah has made it easy for a women to gain good deeds during her menses for she is still able to get the same rewards as men during Ramadan if not more.

She gains the same reward as men doing their prayers in the Masjid and at the same time she is absolved of praying and does not have to make up for them afterwards. The good deed accounts don't stop when a women is menstruating for the angels are continuing writing down good deeds as long as a women is doing good actions in order to please Allah.

The following are 10 good acts a women can do whilst on her menses in Ramadan:

1. Listen to Qur'an recitation:

Listening to recitation is the perfume of the souls, the calmer of hearts, and the food of the spirit. Is is one of the most important psychological medicines. It is a source of pleasure, even to some animals – and pleasure in moderation purifies inner energy, enhances the functioning of the faculties, slows down senile decay by driving out its diseases, improves the complexion, and refreshes the entire body. Pleasure in excess, on the other hand, makes the illnesses of the body grow worse.

Abu Nu’aim states, in his Tib an-Nabbi, that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said that the benefits of listening to recitation are increased when it is understood – that is, when its meaning is understood.

Allah Himself says:…so give good news to My slaves, those who listen to the word and then follow the best of it…(Qur’an: 39.17-1

Source: As-Suyuti’s Medicine of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)

2. Read the tafseer and meanings of the Qur'an

To reflect upon the verses of Allaah is a form of worship; it is something that will draw one close to Allah, Most High.

Allaah, Most High, Says in the Quran (what means): "Then do they not reflect upon the Quran? If it had been from [any] other than Allaah, they would have found within it much contradiction." [Quran: 4:82]

We should try to understand the Qur'an:

Ibn Kathir says regarding tafsir of [Soorah al-A'raf (7): 179]:The similitude of the one, who memorizes the Qur'an but does not act in accordance to it, is like a donkey, which carries a load of books, but does not understand!

We should read and study the deeper meanings of the Qur'an and act upon everything we read as this is what the Sahaaba did. Some of the Sahaaba took a very long time finishing the Qur'an because they wanted to implement everything they read before moving on to the rest of the Qur'an.

3. Dhikr of Allah:

A women on her menses can do excessive dhikr night and day. We will all have utter regret for each second wasted without remembering Allah:

Mu`adh Ibn Jabal (RA) said that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "The People of Paradise will not regret anything except one thing alone: the hour that passed them by in which they made no remembrance of Allah." Narrated Bayhaqi in Shu`ab al-iman (1:392 #512-513)

The highest rank in Jannah are for those who remembered Allah the most:

Abu Sa`id (RA) narrates the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) was asked, "Which of the servants of Allah is best in rank before Allah on the Day of resurrection?" He said: "The ones who remember him much."I said: "O Messenger of Allah, what about the fighter in the way of Allah?" He answered: "Even if he strikes the unbelievers and mushrikin with his sword until it broke, and becomes red with their blood, truly those who do Dhikr are better than him in rank." (Ahmad, Tirmidhi, & Bayhaqi)

Therefore we should remember Allah as much as we can & glorify him night & day until our very last breath. What better time to start remembering Allah more than in this most blessed month.

So we should set ourselves daily targets of doing as much Dhikr as we can. We can remember & glorify Allah whatever we are doing throughout the day. At work, whilst cooking, shopping & even whilst relaxing. We should remember Allah in our heart's & not just by our tongues. We should also contemplate over his magnificence & his creations & imagine him in front of us as we glorify & remember him.

The following are 10 Dhikr, supported by Hadith that one can recite throughout the day & night until our last breath:

Note: We should try & aim to recite each of these 10 Dhikr a 100 times each which makes a total of 1000 a day minimum.

1. Asthaghfirullah

2. Subhaanallah

3. Alhamdulillah

4. Allahu Akbar

5. Laa ilaaha illallah

6. LA HAWLA WA LA QUWWATA ILLA BILLAH-HIL ALIYYIL ADHEEM

7. Asthaghfirullah-halladhee Laa ilaaha illa-huwal Hayyul Qayyuumu Wa athoobu Ilay

Or short version: Asthaghfirullah

8. SUB-HAAN'ALLAAHi WA BI-HAM'DIHI SUB-HAAN'ALLAH-IL ADHEEM

Or short version: SUB-HAAN'ALLAAHi WA BI-HAM'DIHI

9. Subhāna-llāhi, wa-l-hamdu li-llāhi, wa lā ilāha illā-llāhu, wa-llāhu akbar. Wa lā hawla wa lā quwwata illā bi-llāhi-l-aliyyi-l-azīm

10. Lā ilāha illā-llāhu waḥdahu lā sharīka lahu lahu-l-mulku wa lahu-l-ḥamdu yuhyi wa yumītu wa huwa ḥayyu-llā yamūtu abadan abada, ḏū-l-jalāli wa-l-ikrām, biyadihi-l-khayr, wa huwa alā kulli Shay-in qadīr

Or the shortened version:

Laa ilaaha illal-laahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu wa huwa ‘alaa kulli shay-in qadeer

We should also recite much of durood e Ibrahim which is the durood that is recited towards the end of Salaah.

Or the shortest durood is: Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallim

4. Dua & Repentance

A women in her menses can make excessive Dua to Allah night and day.

Almighty Allah says in the Qur'an: "When my servants ask you concerning me, (tell them) I am indeed close (to them). I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calls on me." [2:186]

The place of Dua is so high in front of Allah, that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallim) has said: "Nothing is more honourable to Allah the Most High than Dua." [Sahih al-Jami` no.5268].

Allah loves repentance & loves those who turn to him in sincere repentance:

Truly Allah loves those who turn [to Him] in repentance... (Qur'an 2:222)

Many of us rush our Dua’s & quite often our hearts are not present whilst we are making dua to Allah. That is why we lose out on much of the benefits & blessings of Dua. Therefore we should not let our minds wonder whilst in Dua & we should concentrate more, making sure our hearts are present whilst asking of Allah. Whilst we are in dua we should imagine Almighty Allah in front of us & so we should humble ourselves in front of him in a state of meekness & humility.

It may also help if we made a list of what we want to ask Allah during our dua’s. We can then refer to this list as a reminder so that we can cover everything we need to ask him, which may help in making our Dua’s longer & more sincere. This is because we will not always remember everything we want to ask Allah unless we note it down & refer back to it when we need to.

The times when Dua's are most accepted during a womens menses:

1. The third portion of the night shortly before dawn. 2. The period between Asr & Maghrib. 3. On Jummah on the hour before Maghrib especially just before Maghrib. 4. Whilst it rains.

We should have FULL hope that Allah will accept our Dua’s if not in this world then in the hereafter. We should accept his decree for he knows best in all matters.

Narrated ‘Ubaadah that the Messenger of Allah said, “Whoever seeks forgiveness for the believing men and believing women, Allah will write for him a good deed for EACH believing man and believing woman.” (Tabarrani)

Subhanallah this deed can be done in EVERY dua and can you imagine how many rewards can be gained for each and every Muslim you make dua for from Adam alayhis 'salam until now and the last Muslim on earth. This is the easiest way to earn rewards that go into the billions and the more you make these dua's then the more your good deed account wil get filled!

5. Learning Islamic knolwedge:

A women in her menses can learn Islamic knowledge as much as she can through books, online, teachers etc

"Allah will exalt those who believe among you, and those who have been granted knowledge to high ranks."
(Qur'an)
"Seeking knowledge is obligatory upon every Muslim (male and female)." (Hadith)

THE VIRTUES OF KNOWLEDGE

Allah (Most Exalted is He), Who created us and gave us sustenance, has also given us guidance. He said:

"Verily We have created man into toil and struggle… Have We not made for him a pair of eyes; and a tongue, and a pair of lips; and shown him the two ways (obedience and disobedience)?"
(Qur'an, Al-Balad 90:4-10)
After providing us with the capability to contemplate, think and differentiate between things, He instructed us to know Him, to know his Prophets and to know His Deen, Islam. He said:

"So know that there is no god save Allah, ask forgiveness for your sins and for the believing men and the believing women. Allah knows well your moving and your place of rest."
(Qur'an, Muhammad 47:19)
This verse shows the importance of knowledge and the virtues that Allah has given to it. It also shows that knowledge comes before deeds, since Allah instructed His Prophet to know that He is One and the only One worthy of worship. After that, He commanded him to ask forgiveness for himself, his family and for his Ummah.

If Muslims truly realise the importance Islam places on knowledge and its virtues, they will definitely be keen to learn and teach others. They would start with themselves and their families; then their neighbours and the community at large.

6. Serving your parents:

A man once asked the Prophet Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallim):

"'Should I join the jihad?' He asked, 'Do you have parents?' The man said, 'Yes!' The Prophet (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallim) said, 'Then strive by serving them!'" (Sahih Al-Bukhari, No. 5972)

Therefore serving one's parents is even better than jihad so serve your parents as much as you can and gain rewards you can NEVER imagine!

Treating your parents the best:

To be obedient and to show kindness to parents has been enjoined in the Holy Quran in such a manner as to say that among the noble deeds, to obey parents, treat them respectfully and to show kindness to them is next to worshipping Almighty Allah.

The Quran says, "Your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him, and that you be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honour." - Surah Al Isra (17:23).

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) said:“What a loss is for him! What a loss is for him! What a loss is for him!” Someone asked: “Who, O Allah's Messenger?” He replied: “He whose parents reach old age, either one or both of them, and he does not use their presence (by being good to them, etc.) to cause him to enter Paradise.” (Muslim)

Abdullah bin Mas'ood (RA), observed: "I asked Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) which deed was the best." He replied: 'The Prayer at its appointed hour.' I (again) asked: "Then what?" He replied: 'Kindness to the parents.'... (Sahih Muslim: 120)

So a women in her menses should do what she can to serve her parents in anyway that she can like for eg clean the house so that her parents do less, attend to their every need etc. Surely she will be pleasing Allah so much and gaining unimaginable rewards!

7. Giving dawah:

"And who is better in speech than he who invites to Allah and does righteous deeds, and says: 'I am one of the Muslims.'" [al-Qur'aan, Fussilat(41):33]

A women on her menses can give dawah to other sisters and non Muslims. We should spend our lives inviting others towards Allah whether they are Muslim or non Muslim.

"Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right and forbidding what is wrong. They are prosperous ones." (3.104)

We should not argue with them or use a harsh manner but use wisdom, tact and the best approach possible:

Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious. (16:125)

We should enjoin good and forbid evil for it is a duty upon us:

The Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said: ‘Indeed, by Allah, you either enjoin good and forbid evil and catch hold of the oppressor and persuade him to act justly and stick to the truth, or, Allah will involve the hearts of some of you with the hearts of others and will curse you as he had cursed them’ (At-Tirmidhi)

Whatever beneficial knowledge we have we should convey it unto others so that they may also benefit from it:

Zaid b. Thabit (RA) narrated the Prophet(Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) said: "May Allah cause to have freshness and brilliance the man who hears what I say and keeps it in mind, then convey it to others. (Ahmad, 5-183)

We should know that any good action another does because of some beneficial knowledge we have shared then we will also have a share of it:

"Whoever guides [another] to a good deed will get a reward similar to the one who performs it." (Sahih Muslim)

So she can give dawah by text, e mail, direct or indirect

8. Best Manners, Character & Conduct

A women on her menses should show the best manners, character and conduct in this blessed month and throughout her life. She should strive to be of those with the best of characters and manners as that is what will elevate us in the hereafter:

Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alahi wasallam) used to say: The best amongst you are those who have the best manners and character. (Related by al-Bukhari)

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) said: There is none heavier in the scales of the Hereafter than good character, (Hadith narrated by al-Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud).

Subhanallah so surely we should work on having a good character and manners for it is most heavy on the scales.

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "The best loved by me and the nearest to me on the seats on the Day of Resurrection are those who have the best manners and conduct amongst you, who are intimate, are on good terms with others and are humble, and the most hated by me and who will be on the furthest seats from me are those who are talkative and arrogant." (Tirmidhi)

So let us strive to perfect our manners, character and conduct and know that these good deeds will be of the heaviest on the scales and will enable us to reach the highest ranks of Jannah

9. Charity:

A women in her menses should spend in the way of Allah as much as she can for charity extinguishes sins save one from the fire:

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) said: “Charity wipes out sins as water extinguishes fire.” (Tirmidhi)

Charity should be paid secretly:

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) said: “Righteous deeds protect a person from an evil end; a charity spent in secret extinguishes Allah’s wrath; and maintaining good ties of kinship increases ones lifespan.” (Tabaraani)

Removing harmful objects from people’s way is also a charity:

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) said:“I saw a man enjoying himself in Paradise (simply) because he removed from a road a tree that used to harm people.”(Muslim)

Providing for ones family is a charity:

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) said:“If a man provides for his family hoping for the reward, it will be counted as charity for him.”(Bukhari & Muslim)

She can also feed a fasting person and involve herself in charity work in her local community or for a charity organisation. She can do various projects to raise money and awareness for good causes.

10. Serve and obey her Husband

It is obligatory on all Muslim woman to obey their husbands in all matters of good. She is promised Paradise for fulfilling her obligations unto her husband.

Abu Hurairah reported that Allaah’s Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said:

“If a woman prays her five (daily) prayers and keeps her private parts chaste and obeys her husband, she will enter Paradise from any of the doors of Paradise she wishes.” [Ibn Hibbaan]

So whether a women is on her menses or not she should do her utmost to serve and obey her husband in the best manner possible for the pleasure of Allaha and in doing so she will not only be pleasing Allah but she will gain immense and unimaginable rewards.

Conclusion

Therefore a women on her menses must never feel that she is not able to gain good deeds, blessings and reward just because she is on her menses. There is NOTHING stopping her from gaining IMMENSE rewards equal to that of a man if not more. All that is required from her is effort, the right good intentions and sincerety in her actions.

May Allah enable all women on their menses to do much good. Ameen

#Copied#

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by salewa01: 6:29am On Jun 08, 2016
Thank you so much zaynie, May Allah reward u abundantly amen

1 Like

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 08, 2016
zaynie:
Bolseas my QuranBuddy.....I am still on 1/30 o!
My kids wont let me be.

Temmy2103, I will check them out this Sunday In Sha Allah.
Thanks Hajia Swearest for the lecture.
Amin Rhukie.

@ Swearest, when we have doubts, what should we do? Any prayer?
Yes der lots of dua like dis one (allahuma aaini aladikirka washukrika wa husni ibadatii). also d first 5 verses of baqara, verse 255-257, 284 to 286. it is gud to recite dem in d morning nd night also to seek Allah protection. sorry mam but i nid to tell u dat u shud nt start ur quran readin 4rm d back cos it is always 4rm fatia to nas. may ALLAH (SWT) guide us to d straight path.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 08, 2016
Jazakallahu Khaeran rhukie. may Allahu arahman increase our knowlegde

1 Like

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by MumZ(f): 8:21am On Jun 08, 2016
Tank u Swearest n Rhukky, may Allah increase u in knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by zaynie(f): 11:06am On Jun 08, 2016
I later started from Fathia....,

Thanks Swearest.
Thanks Rhukie.

1 Like

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by dominique(f): 11:22am On Jun 08, 2016
Salam Alaykum sisters and brothers, May Allah accept our Ibaadah this holy month and strengthen the Ummah

zaynie:

Did you start the Quran today?
I like starting from Suratul Nas cos the speed wey I dey take fly always sweetens me buh Bakorah....I will just be like "when will I finish you o!" Lol!
You will be my Quran buddy o! Drag me along abeg.....

You can start from the end? I always start from the first Surah, and I must say, Surat Al Bakarah and Imran are the lengthiest chapters. Takes up the bulk of the time embarassed, no matter which system I adopt, I never get to complete the Quran every Ramadan and it doesn't seem like that will happen this year embarassed cry.

1 Like

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by uwani(f): 11:42am On Jun 08, 2016
Salam Alaikum to my sisters, this is a very Nice one zaynie, I am 30 weeks pregnant and not fasting, instead I am feeding someone at iftar, even though I want to attempt fasting, my husband will not agree to that all.
This Ramadan Insha Allah, I also intend to complete the Qur'an from Suratul Fatiha, May Allah help us all.
Ramadan Kareem

5 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 08, 2016

1 Like

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Moradeeke(f): 4:36pm On Jun 08, 2016
rainyday:

Pls sisters pray for me,I used to tink I was strong,but I guess am not. Am backsliding,I know it n I don't want it to happen. Pls I need encouragement. Sorry for d long epistle. May Allah accept our Ibadan n grant us d good in dis world n hereafter. Amin

Wa alaykum salam waramotulahi wabarakatuh

Use this Ramadan period to reconnect with your Creator.

Say your daily salawat at the appropriate time, do not delay.

Say your daily adkhar (morning and night)

Let your Quran be your companion

Attend some islamic lectures to rekindle your faith

Mingle with righteous people

Continue with good deeds

Read Islamic Seerah (islamic history)

Seek forgiveness from Almighty Allah

Pray fervently as you haven't done before

Always remember death

May Almighty Allah bless u with your heart desire soonest(AMIN).

2 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by IamEdun: 5:42pm On Jun 08, 2016
Asalam alaykum waramotulahi wabarakatuh

Enlightened thread you have here ma'am Zaynie
Am happy to have come across this informative thread this lovely evening.

Ramadan Mubarak
May Allah(SWT) never deny us all of its rewards

3 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by IamEdun: 10:37pm On Jun 08, 2016
Barakatu uli Iftar my lovely ukthees

Alhamdulilah ala kuli haal

Ma'am Zaynie, i would like to be posting daily Dua' here throughout the period of Ramadan.

Permitted to go ahead?

3 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by zaynie(f): 6:06am On Jun 09, 2016
IamEdun:
Barakatu uli Iftar my lovely ukthees

Ma'am Zaynie, i would like to be posting daily Dua' here throughout the period of Ramadan.

Permitted to go ahead?

Please do.

2 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Rhukie(f): 9:31am On Jun 09, 2016
10 Ramadan Deeds for Busy People. 1. Six billion good deeds in a few
seconds: make dua for the ummah’s
forgiveness
The Prophet (peace be upon him)
said, “Whoever seeks forgiveness for
the believing men and believing
women, Allah will write for him a good
deed for each believing man and
believing woman.” [Narrated by
Tabarani]
2. Forgiveness for your sins each and
every day– Subhan Allahi wa
bihamdihi
The Prophet (peace and blessings be
upon him) said, “Whoever says,
‘Subhan Allaahi Wa bihamdihi, {Allah
is free from imperfection and His is
the praise}. One hundred times a day,
will be forgiven all his sins even if
they were as much as the foam of the
sea.” [Narrated by Bukhari] Ramadan
is all about forgiveness, so will we
take a minute?
3. 1000 good deeds in a minute, and a
1000 sins forgiven
“Is anyone of you incapable of earning
one thousand rewards)a day?”
Someone from the gathering asked,
“How can anyone of us earn a
thousand rewards?” Prophet
Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said:
“Glorify Allah a hundred times by just
saying “Subhanallah” and a Good
deeds will be written for you, or a
thousand sins will be wiped
away.” [Narrated by Muslim]
4. Planting date-palm trees in Paradise
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said
in a hadith that whoever says
“Subhanallahi wa bihamdihi subhan
Allahil adheem” a date palm tree will
be planted for him in paradise
[Narrated by Tirmidhi]. In a few
minutes, how many hundreds of date
palm trees can we plant?
5. Reward for multiple hours of dhikr in
a few seconds
The Mother of the Believers,
Juwairiyah bint Al-Harith reported
that, “the Prophet came out from my
apartment in the morning as I was
busy in performing the dawn prayer.
He came back in the forenoon and
found me sitting there. The Prophet
said, ”Are you still in the same
position as I left you.” I replied in the
affirmative. Thereupon the Prophet
said, “I recited four phrases three
times after I had left you. If these are
to be weighed against all you have
recited since morning, these will be
heavier. These are: Subhan-Allah Wa
bihamdihi, ‘adada khalqihi, wa rida-a
nafsihi, wa zinatah ‘arshihi, wa
midada kalimatihi (Allah is free from
imperfection and I begin with His
praise, as many times as the number
of His creatures, in accordance with
His Good Pleasure, equal to the ink
that may be used in recording the
words (for His Praise).” [Narrated by
Muslim]
6. Even your shopping can give you a
million rewards!
The Prophet said: “Whoever enters a
market and says: ‘Laa ilaaha ill Allah
Wahdahu laa shareeka lah, lahul
Mulku Wa lahul Hamdu yuhyi Wa
yumeetu Wa huwa Hayyun laa yamoot,
bi yadihil khayr, wahuwa ‘alaa kulli
shay’ in qadeer’ {There is nothing
worthy of worship but Allah, He is
alone without partner, to Him belongs
the dominion and the praise, he
causes life and death and He is the
Living One and will never die. In His
Hand is all good, and He is over all
things capable.) Allah will write for
him a million good deeds erase a
million of his bad deeds and build for
him a house in Jannah.” And in
another narration, instead of
mentioning that Allah will build a
house in Jannah, it states, “and he
will be raised one million
levels.” [Narrated by Tirmidhi]
7. A third of the Quran in a minute
The Prophet said, “Are any of you
unable to recite a third of the Qur’an
in a night?” That was difficult for them
and they said, “Which of us is able to
do that, Messenger of Allah?” He said,
“Qul hu Allahu ahad” [Surah Ikhlas
(112)] constitutes a third of the
Qur’an.’” [Narrated by Bukhari]
8. Rewards even while chilling!
It is reported that “There are many
people reclining on comfortable beds
and making the Dhikr of Allah on
earth. Allah will grant them elevated
ranks.” [Narrated by Ibn Hibban] This
is because even the luxury and ease
did not prevent them from
remembering Allah.
9. Get that house in Paradise! It only
takes a few minutes.
The Prophet said, “Whoever recites
Qul huwa Allaahu ahad [Surah Ikhlas]
ten times, Allah will build for him a
house in Paradise.” [Narrated by
Tabarani]
10. Give lots of salam to the Muslims you
meet!
Imran bin Husayn (may Allāh be
pleased with him) recounts that once
he and others were in the presence of
the Prophet ṣ when a man came and
said, “Assalamu alaikum”, to which
the Prophet responded and said,
“Ten”, then another man came and he
said “Assalamualaikum wa
rahmatullah”, to which the Prophet
responded and said “Twenty”. Finally,
a third man came and said “Assalamu
alaikum

2 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by ahmanim: 9:53am On Jun 09, 2016
Asalam aleikum waramatullah wabarakatu my sisters. So happy to b on this thread. May Allah accept our fast n d ibaadat done therein; make us succesful in this life and in the hereafter. @ rainyday, i know u bth from ttc n muslim ttc thread, love ur courage and am gr8ful to Allah on ur behalf dt he gave u d grace to identify u're becoming tired. Plz do not b , he will turn ur sorrow to happiness soonest. Use d salatul duha and tahajud period during this fasting to fight back. Get prayer points, pray more for heavenly things like steadfastness, taqwa, renewed iman; friends n relatives; seek more istigfarr n pray for d fruit of d womb. In sha Allah we shall all rejoice wt u sooner than u expecAsalam aleikum waramatullah wabarakatu my sisters. So happy to b on this thread. May Allah accept our fast n d ibaadat done therein; make us succesful in this life and in the hereafter. @ rainyday, i know u bth from ttc n muslim ttc thread, love ur courage and am gr8ful to Allah on ur behalf dt he gave u d grace to identify u're becoming tired. Plz do not b , he will turn ur sorrow to happiness soo

4 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by ahmanim: 9:53am On Jun 09, 2016
Asalam aleikum waramatullah wabarakatu my sisters. So happy to b on this thread. May Allah accept our fast n d ibaadat done therein; make us succesful in this life and in the hereafter. @ rainyday, i know u bth from ttc n muslim ttc thread, love ur courage and am gr8ful to Allah on ur behalf dt he gave u d grace to identify u're becoming tired. Plz do not b , he will turn ur sorrow to happiness soonest. Use d salatul duha and tahajud period during this fasting to fight back. Get prayer points, pray more for heavenly things like steadfastness, taqwa, renewed iman; friends n relatives; seek more istigfarr n pray for d fruit of d womb. In sha Allah we shall all rejoice wt u sooner than u expect.
@ Aunty Zaynie e ku ongbe. Really appreciate ur person on all threads i've seen u on. Hope ur quran dey go steadily. I started from quran 57 going to Fathia n later from quran 56 to Nas in sha Allah.

5 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Rhukie(f): 10:51am On Jun 09, 2016
Alhamdulillahi robbil Alamin,Wasolatu wasalam 'ala Rosulullah wa 'ala alihi wasalam.Exaltation belongs to Allah alone who in his mercy has given us the privilege of getting to this stage of Ramadan. I beseech Allah to accept all our 'Ibadat & make us among those who shall profit from the glorious month (Amin).
"Oh you who believe have the piety of Allah as he should be,& seek means of approaching an high status,& strive in the path of Allah so that you will be among the successful (Al Maidat vs 35).Brethren as we progress in this month of Ramadan let us endeavor to find means of getting closer to our creator on a daily basis as stated by Allah in the verse above.There are numerous means of attaining higher status in Allah's sight. I hereby urge everyone of us to use this verse as our daily guide so that we will be among the successful ones on the day of accountability.I pray Allah accept all our 'Ibadat and make us among the successful ones (Amin).Wishing you a wonderful night rest.Maa salam.

1 Like

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by IamEdun: 11:56am On Jun 09, 2016
zaynie:
Please do.

Jazakum Lahu Khaeeran my ukthee for giving me such an opportunity

2 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by IamEdun: 12:25pm On Jun 09, 2016

[size=16pt]RAMADAN DAY 4[/size]

Today being 4th of Ramadan 1437(04/09/1437) equivalent to 09/06/2016

All praise and thanks to Almighty Allah, The Beneficent, The Merciful.

We give thanks to Allah for another day.
Alhamdulillah Llah Alla kuli haal.

May the peace and blessings of Allah be on our Prophet Muhammad(SAW), his household, companions and generality of muslims. Ameen.

Oh Allah, have mercy on us by not imposing on us difficulties we can not bear. Grant us among the people that will utilise this Ramadan opportunity efficiently, Ameen.

And make our efforts in this life end us in Aljannah Firdaus. Ameen.

BismiLlahi Rahaman Rohim.
ﺭَﺑَّﻨَﺎ ﻭَﻻَ ﺗُﺤَﻤِّﻠْﻨَﺎ ﻣَﺎ ﻻَ ﻃَﺎﻗَﺔَ ﻟَﻨَﺎ ﺑِﻪِ ﻭَﺍﻋْﻒُ ﻋَﻨَّﺎ ﻭَﺍﻏْﻔِﺮْ ﻟَﻨَﺎ ﻭَﺍﺭْﺣَﻤْﻨَﺎ ﺃَﻧﺖَ ﻣَﻮْﻻَﻧَﺎ ﻓَﺎﻧﺼُﺮْﻧَﺎ ﻋَﻠَﻰ ﺍﻟْﻘَﻮْﻡِ ﺍﻟْﻜَﺎﻓِﺮِﻳﻦَ
Rabbana wala tuhammilna ma la taqata lana bihi wa'fu anna waghfir lana wairhamna anta mawlana fansurna 'alal-qawmil kafireen.

Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Blot out our sins, and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. Thou art our Protector; Help us against those who stand against faith [2:286]
May Allah make it beneficial and be for us and not against us. Ameen.

As we are gradually approaching the end of the first stage of Ramadan. We still have much opportunities. Let's make use of it wisely to earn more rewards....
May Allah make it easy and rewarding. Ameen

2 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Aim07(f): 3:30pm On Jun 09, 2016
Salam be unto u my Muslim sisters, permit to ask this question: I am on family planing, this is making me to see littte brownish spottings in between although my menstrual cycle has not been consistent. Do I stop fasting when I see such spot or continue?

1 Like

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Moradeeke(f): 6:04pm On Jun 09, 2016
Ramadan Day 4

6 TIPS FOR A HEALTHY AND HAPPY RAMADAN

Ramadan is a humbling and purifying month, yet it can also leave you feeling tired and sluggish, as well as a few kilos heavier, if you over eat at night.
Here are a few tips to make sure this Ramadan is different:

1. Drink plenty of water - hydration is key.

2. Get enough sleep. Your body needs enough hours to ‘reboot’ before the next day of fasting.

3. Avoid caffeine and sweet treats, as they encourage dehydration.

4. Don’t skip Sah..... r. You need all the protein and carbs you can get to sustain you throughout the day.

5. Eat a balanced diet.

6. Avoid the sun. Being in the sun for too long while fasting will lead to headaches.

May Almighty Allah spare our lives till the end of Ramadan and beyond.
May HE accept it as an act of ibaadaah (Amin).

[size=16pt]Hoping to get the best of this Glorious Month, Insha ALLAH[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by zaynie(f): 6:31pm On Jun 09, 2016
dominique:
Salam Alaykum sisters and brothers, May Allah accept our Ibaadah this holy month and strengthen the Ummah

You can start from the end? I always start from the first Surah, and I must say, Surat Al Bakarah and Imran are the lengthiest chapters. Takes up the bulk of the time embarassed, no matter which system I adopt, I never get to complete the Quran every Ramadan and it doesn't seem like that will happen this year embarassed cry.

Wa alaykum salam.
Amin.
I dont think we can start from the back.
From Fathia to Nas is the way to go.
Same thing here, I have never completed the Quran but this time, I have promised to go farther than I did last year.
It is the intention that matters
May Allah make it easy for us.

Sis Rainyday, after the storm comes the sunshine.
Do you want your sunshine to come without your Imman in your heart.
Even for those born into Islam, there is a point in our lives when we decided to actually be muslims. Look back at that point, rediscover your Imman.
Allah did not give us promises of wealth, children, long life, good health if we worship ....those are earthly things. We pray and beg him for those things. Even those who dont want them, get.
Sometimes our prayers are answered, not in the way we want them, but in the way we need them.
In the Quran, we read the stories of how Allah protected people and had their interest at heart without their knowledge. Allah knows best.

Rediscover your imman, I do that by reading my English Quran, cos I can always understand that.
I read my Quran in my quiet time and rediscover why I fell in love with Islam.
I wish you the very best sis.

Aim07, brown spotting between menstrual period isnt your period.
You should be able to fast with it.
I once heard a lecture where a lady who has been on her period for about 2 months raised the question of when to pray. The lecturer told her to count the usual menstrual days, add like 2 days to it and she is clean. That the remaining blood isnt menstrual.

IamEdun, Rhukie...Jazakallah Khaeran

4 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by IamEdun: 7:05pm On Jun 09, 2016
Barakatu uli Iftar my righteous ukthees

Don't forget to say the dua for breaking sawm

ذَهَبَ الظَّمَأُ وَابْتَلَّتِ الْعُرُوقُ، وَثَبَتَ الأَجْرُ إِنْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ

Thahabadh-dhama'u wabtallatil-'urooqu, wa thabatal-'ajru 'inshaa'Allaah.

The thirst is gone, the veins are moistened and the reward is confirmed, if Allaah wills

3 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Moradeeke(f): 10:15am On Jun 10, 2016
Ramadan Day 5

HOW NOT TO GAIN WEIGHT THIS RAMADAN

#DailyRamadanTips
Surprisingly, some people tend to eat more during Ramadan and this can lead to weight gain. Here are a few tips to help keep kilos at bay:

-Eat a healthy Iftar meal.
-Eat starters and sweets in moderation.
-Choose to eat more fruits and vegetables.
-Avoid sweetened beverages.
-Be active everyday during Ramadan, even if it’s just walking - preferably just before or after iftaar. This will help you maintain your weight.

[size=16pt]Hoping to get the best of this Glorious Month, Insha ALLAH[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Rhukie(f): 10:54am On Jun 10, 2016
Six Tips to Make This Your Best Ramadan Ever!

*Organize Yourself*
The key to having a successful Ramadan is to organize, plan and then execute.
Examples for your goals could be:
Reading Quran with meaning and writing my reflections each day
Learning 99 names of Allah and using it in my dua.
Doing one secret deed between me andAllah

*Mountain of Rewards*
Ramadan is a month filled with blessings and mercy. Any good deed you do gets multiplied many times over, so don’t miss out on collecting a mountain of good deeds.

How:

Involve others
Encourage others to do a good deed rather than doing it all by yourself. This is especially helpful if you’re feeling down and out. Your rewards get multiplied manifold.

Give and give some_ more
Want to see the barakah and blessings in your life increase manifold? Give charity. Want to see your duas answered? Give charity.
charity extinguishes sins like water puts off fire [At-tirmidhi].

Tame That Tongue.
Allah doesn’t like a fasting body which doesn’t desist from foul words or backbiting or slander.

*Time 4 a New Friend.
Yes, this month is perfect for you to make a new friend, a companion who is not only going to be your source of strength and support, but can heal your scars, mend your heart, boost your eemaan and give you joy and happiness like no other. It’s time to build a lifelong relationship with Quran this Ramadan.

How
Make QuranBuddies
Discuss one page or even half a page of Quran with your friends/family/siblings/spouse/children every day in Ramadan.
Fix a time for this activity.
Talk about your reflections. You can also include tafseer.
Involve your family members. There is nothing more beautiful than learning Allah’s deen together.

*What if the Spark Dies?
This usually happens after a week or so. Soon, you realize that your Ramadan days are no different from the rest of the year.

Yes! Here’s what you need to do.

Intentions matter: Seek to please اللّـه alone and not to expect praise from family or friends. Seek your reward from اللّـه ONLY.

Beg For Strength.
An overdose of dua never hurts, so repent, cry and beg from the depths of your heart to الله

Baby Steps
Take baby steps rather than not taking any step at all. Start with 10 minutes of extra worship and build it up from there. Start with one page of Quran and build it up from there. Its quality and sincerity over quantity and show off!

"Walk with the end goal of paradise in mind and not just the end goal of Ramadan in mind".

Jazak Allah khairan for Reading!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Rhukie(f): 11:20am On Jun 10, 2016
@zaynie this information is for you
MSMMI Ramadan Soultalk/Iftar

Theme;seeking His pleasure
Topic; The balance creed
Speaker: Imam Ridwan Jamiu (LEMU)
Day: sunday 12th june 2016
venue: 50, Johnson street, off Bode Thomas, Surulere, Lagos
Time:3pm prompt
fee: free for everyone

3 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by mrbillz(m): 11:22am On Jun 10, 2016
Lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 10, 2016
Thank you so much sister zaynie and ahmanim.....will work on myself inshaAllah. Ramadan Kareem to all!!

2 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 10, 2016
Assalamualeikum waramatullah wabarakatul. praise be to Allah d guide 2 his path, to who all service is due, and may his bounties and bliss b on his messenger nd his household, his companions nd all who follow d guidance untill d day of judgment......our topic today is HIDAYAH (Guidance)*** ders a famous verse of d quran which is a description of d majesty of Allah.According 2 a hadith if a person recites dis verse at d tym of going 2 bed Allah will send an angel to guard him throughout d night. some people derfore recite dis verse at any tym in seeking Allah's protection in general. behold it is AYATUL KURSIY(d verse of d throne) quran 2:255. d verse cont. by making a distinction between Allah nd d living tins wic he has created.he is d one who is d source of all existence. evrytin depends for its existence on hin, while he is self- subsistent-he require no sustenance 4rm anytin. D verse den point out d difrence in Allah's knwlgd wic is total nd timeless, nd man's knwlgd, wic is limited nd time bound.ma salam

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by ritmove(m): 12:40pm On Jun 10, 2016
zaynie:

Wa alaykum salam.
Fasting is not compulsory for pregnant women.
You can try to fast as long as you can and break whenever you feel you can't go on.
If you decide to fast till 7pm, you can try eating a little at a time.
- Dates/fruits with water sipped slowly( then observe magrib)
- after magrib ( like 15 mins after your initial break) you can take cereal, pap or something very light and not filling at all. So that even when you feel nauseous, nothing comes out.
- rest for like 1 hr ( Ishai/ Taraweeh) you can now eat the main meal, slowly.
- dont lie down.immediately after the meal.

Also try to use your prenatals in the morning.
Dont stress yourself.
In your 3rd trimester, your baby will draw what it needs from your body, if you are overweight you need not worry only you have to stock up to replenish what is lost.
If you are underweight or have another underlyinv illness, please dont fast.

And Allah knows best.

May Allah make it easy for you.
Amin

Thanks for this wonderful Reply.. Ramadan Mubarak!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mosque Offer Tea To Protesting Anti-Islam Group / Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? / Ramadan: Sultan Directs Muslims To Look For New Moon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.