Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,994 members, 7,821,474 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Fasting The Healthy Way. - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Fasting The Healthy Way. (15408 Views)

Can A Muslim Brother Approach A Muslim Lady During The Ramadan Fasting / Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation / 4 Practical Tips For Healthy Ramadan Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 23, 2016
Salam.

Categories of people that visit the Mosque during Ramadan, discuss here---->

nairaland.com/3183468/10-categories-people-visit-mosque

Thanks.
Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Moradeeke(f): 11:19am On Jun 23, 2016
6 WAYS TO MAKE RAMADAN EASIER AND FUN FOR CHILDREN
#RamadanTips

Even though children are not obligated to fast the entire month of Ramadan until they reach puberty, most parents encourage fasting a few hours a day to ease children into it.

Here are some tips to make things easier and fun for your little ones during this holy month:

1. Be An Example To Your Children.
Children see their parents as role models and imitate their actions, knowingly and unknowingly.

2. Let Children Nap
Let children nap or take a quick nap with your kids to reboot and to re-energize yourself and them.

3. Read Children's Books On Ramadan.
For the story to be lively and fun, take turns reading, or each family member can take on the role of a character in the story.

4. Involve Kids When Preparing For Iftar.
Let your children – male and female – lend a helping hand in the kitchen.

5. Invite Family And Friends Over For Iftar.
Children should be taught that there are huge rewards for feeding a fasting person.

6. Take Children Along When Doing Any Form Of Charity Work.
Ramadan is the perfect opportunity to feed the poor or spend time with the elderly or orphans.

[size=16pt]Hoping to get the best of this Glorious Month, Insha ALLAH[/size]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by bolseas(f): 11:55am On Jun 23, 2016
Swearest:
Oya may una cum back ooo

Thank you for the mention.... I remmeber Hajia Zaynie invited me to this thread, but i lost the page in the midst of comments in the pregnancy thread....

2 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by bolseas(f): 12:09pm On Jun 23, 2016
@aiish, this is the blessed month in islam.... May Allah Subuhanah taallah answer your prayers. Allah who answered majority of us and made us parents will do yours very soon. just continue to beleive and put you trust in Him. please dont cry... save your tears (tears of joy) till when you hold your baby(ies) in your arms and screaming, shouting Alahu akbar, subhanallah, alhamdulillah!

3 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by bolseas(f): 12:10pm On Jun 23, 2016
To all our sisters who have been making this thread to remain alive, Jazakumlah airan....

2 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by bolseas(f): 12:13pm On Jun 23, 2016
salam alaekum,

for the quran recitation, the tip that has really been helping me is reciting in the car everyday... i realized that when i am at work or home, i couldnt recite.

Also please endeavour to start reciting from fatia, bakarah, etc to nas....

if you buy a book, you dont start reading from the end, you start from the BEGINNING.

and for those who have not started, it is not late....

May Allah make it easy for us....

3 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by IamEdun: 6:36pm On Jun 23, 2016

[size=16pt]RAMADAN DAY 18[/size]

Today being 18th of Ramadan 1437 A.H(18/09/1437) equivalent to 23/06/2016
All praise and thanks to Almighty Allah, The Beneficent, The Merciful.
We give thanks to Allah for another day.
AlhamduliLlah Alla kuli hAal.

May the peace and blessings of Allah be on our Prophet Muhammad(SAW), his household, companions and generality of muslims. Ameen.

BismiLlahi Rahaman Rohim.
Our Lord! Any whom Thou dost admit to the Fire, Truly Thou coverest with shame, and never will wrong-doers Find any helpers! [3:192]
Rabbana innaka man tudkhilin nara faqad akhzaytah wa ma liDh-dhalimeena min ansar
ﺭَﺑَّﻨَﺎ ﺇِﻧَّﻚَ ﻣَﻦ ﺗُﺪْﺧِﻞِ ﺍﻟﻨَّﺎﺭَ ﻓَﻘَﺪْ ﺃَﺧْﺰَﻳْﺘَﻪُ ﻭَﻣَﺎ ﻟِﻠﻈَّﺎﻟِﻤِﻴﻦَ ﻣِﻦْ ﺃَﻧﺼَﺎﺭٍ

Oh ALLAH, on this day, multiply for me its blessings, and ease my path towards its bounties, do not deprive me of the acceptance of its good deeds, Oh the Guide towards the clear truth.

Grant us among the people that will utilise this Ramadan opportunity well and make our efforts in this life end us in Aljannah Firdaus. Ameen.

...........the SECOND PHASE IS STILL ON and it's getting to the END OF THE BLESSED MONTH .
How far have you achieved? It's never too late.

Let's do MORE and earn MORE.
May Allah continue to make it easy and rewarding. Ameen.

2 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by IamEdun: 6:43pm On Jun 23, 2016
bolseas:
salam alaekum

Wa alaykum salam waramotulahi wabarakatuh

Jazakhi lahu khayran

May Almighty Allah continue to increase you in knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by SURYSuri(f): 8:34am On Jun 24, 2016
Swearest:
Oya may una cum back ooo
salam alaikum to everyone, hope the fast is going smoothly, may Allah reward us all.

3 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by IamEdun: 11:39am On Jun 25, 2016

[size=16pt]RAMADAN DAY 20[/size]

Today being 20th of Ramadan 1437 A.H(20/09/1437) equivalent to 25/06/2016

May the peace and blessings of Allah be on our Prophet Muhammad(SAW), his household, companions and generality of muslims. Ameen.

Our Lord! We have indeed believed: forgive us, then, our sins, and save us from the agony of the Fire [3:16]
Rabbana innana amanna faghfir lana dhunuubana wa qinna 'adhaban-Naar
ﺭَﺑَّﻨَﺎ ﺇِﻧَّﻨَﺎ ﺁﻣَﻨَّﺎ ﻓَﺎﻏْﻔِﺮْ ﻟَﻨَﺎ ﺫُﻧُﻮﺑَﻨَﺎ ﻭَﻗِﻨَﺎ ﻋَﺬَﺍﺏَ ﺍﻟﻨَّﺎﺭِ

Oh ALLAH, on this day, open for me the doors of the heavens, and lock the doors of hell from me, help me to recite the Qur’an, Oh the One who sends down tranquility into the hearts of believers. Ameen.

Oh Allah, Grant us among the people that will utilise this Ramadan opportunity well and make our efforts in this life end us in Aljannah Firdaus. Ameen.

And it's here.... The search for the GREAT NIGHT
Let's do MORE and earn MORE.

May Allah continue to make it easy and rewarding. Ameen.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Moradeeke(f): 6:25am On Jun 26, 2016
Dua For Last Ten Days Of Ramadan

Aisha, may Allah be pleased with her, said: I asked the Messenger of Allah salAllaahu alaiyhi wasallam: ‘O Messenger of Allah, if I know what night is the night of Qadr, what should I say during it?’ He said: 'Say:

Allahumma innaka `afuwwun tuhibbul `afwa fa`fu `annee
ﺍﻟﻠْﻬُﻢَّ ﺇِﻧَّﻚَ ﻋَﻔُﻮٌّ ﺗُﺤِﺐُّ ﺍﻟْﻌَﻔْﻮَ ﻓَﺎﻋْﻒُ ﻋَﻨِّﻲ

'O Allah, You are pardoning and You love to pardon, so pardon me.'

“(Ahmad, Ibn Majah, and Tirmidhi).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Nobody: 6:38am On Jun 26, 2016
Assalamualeikum waramotullah wabarakatul. gud morning 6tas hw was our 9yt? may Allah accept our gud deeds nd grant us aljanat firdaos(amin).

3 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Rhukie(f): 8:57am On Jun 26, 2016
As-salaam alaekum to everyone. Hope Ramadan is going fine. May we all reap from all our act of ibadah.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Rhukie(f): 9:01am On Jun 26, 2016
I hope this will help some one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Rhukie(f): 9:05am On Jun 26, 2016
Ramadan Mubarak

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Moradeeke(f): 2:00pm On Jun 26, 2016
[size=16pt]Here are some tips of things we can do on the Night of Power and the time before and after it.[/size]

1. Take A Vacation For Allah.
We take a break from our jobs for almost everything in life. Why not this time to focus on worshiping and thanking our Creator.
If this is not possible at least take a few days off if you can. This can make it easier to stay awake at night to do extra Ibadah, not having to worry about getting to work the next day. It will also facilitate doing Itikaf.

2. Do I’tikaf.
It was a practice of the Prophet to spend the last ten days and nights of Ramadan in the masjid for I’tikaf.
Those in I’tikaf stay in the masjid all this time, performing various forms of zikr (the remembrance of Allah), like doing extra Salat, recitation and study of the Quran. They do not go outside the masjid except in case of emergencies, therefore, they sleep in the masjid. Their families or the masjid administration takes care of their food needs. I’tikaf of a shorter period of time, like one night, a day or a couple of days is encouraged as well.

3. Make This Special Dua.
Aisha, may Allah be pleased with her, said: I asked the Messenger of Allah: ‘O Messenger of Allah, if I know what night is the night of Qadr, what should I say during it?’ He said: ‘Say: O Allah, You are pardoning and You love to pardon, so pardon me.’ “(Ahmad, Ibn Majah, and Tirmidhi).
The transliteration of this Dua is “Allahumma innaka ‘afuwwun tuhibbul ‘afwa fa’fu ‘annee”

4. Recite The Quran.
Perhaps you can choose Surahs or passages from the Quran, which you have heard in Tarawih this past Ramadan to recite.
If you attend a class where the recitation of the Quran is taught, this is a great time to put your knowledge into practice.

5. Reflect On The Meaning Of The Quran.
Choose the latest Surah or Surahs you’ve heard in Tarawih and read their translation and Tafseer. Then think deeply about their meaning and how it affects you on a personal level.

6. Get Your Sins Wiped Out.
Abu Huraira narrated that the Messenger said: Whoever stands (in prayer) in Laylatul Qadr while nourishing his faith with self-evaluation, expecting reward from Allah, will have all of his previous sins forgiven. [Bukhari and Muslim).

Don’t just pray using the shorter Surahs that you know. Try to make your prayers longer, deeper and meaningful. If you are familiar with longer Surahs, read the translation and explanation and then pray reciting these Surahs, carefully reflecting on the meaning while you pray.

Even if you are only familiar with the shorter Surahs, read the translation and explanation beforehand, and then pray reflecting on the message of the Surahs.
This is a good way to develop the habit of concentration, even in regular prayers, where many of us tend to be fidgety and/or easily distracted.

7. Make A Personal Dua List.
Ask yourself what you really want from Allah. Make a list of each and everything, no matter how small or how big it is, whether it deals with this world or not. Allah loves to hear from us. Once this list is ready, you can do three things:

*Ask Allah to give you those things
*Think about what actions you have taken to get those things
*Develop a work plan to get those things in future.

8. Evaluate Yourself.
Ask yourself those questions that need to be asked. Do an evaluation of where you are and where you are going. Let this evaluation lead you to feel happiness for the good you have done and remorse for the bad you have done. This latter feeling should make it easier to seek Allah’s sincere forgiveness when making the Dua mentioned in tip number one above.

9. Make Long, Sincere And Deep Duas
One of the best times to do this is during the last part of the night.
Abu Huraira, may Allah be pleased with him, related that the Prophet said: When the last one-third of the night remains, our Lord, the Glorious One descends towards the heaven of the earth and proclaims: Who is that who supplicates for Me, and I grant his supplication? Who is that who begs Me for anything and I grant it to him? And who is that who seeks My forgiveness, and I forgive him? (Bukhari, Muslim).
That means for instance, waking up one hour before Suhoor time to ask Allah for anything and everything you want that is Halal. This can be done using the Duas of the Sunnah, but also Dua in your own language, with sincerity and conviction.

10. Memorize A Different Dua Every Night
They don’t have to be long. They can be just one line. And be sure to know what they mean generally at least, even if you don’t know the exact translation in English.
You can put them on index cards (or and keep them with you during the day, glancing at them during work, while driving, waiting in line, etc.) Then practice them at night in prayer.

11. Finish Reading A Book On The Prophet
Read about the Prophet’s life, which can increase your love for him and Islam by seeing how much he struggled for Allah’s sake. It may inspire you to push yourself even harder during these last ten nights. This community is built on sacrifice.

12. To Do List For The Night of Power
Make a to do checklist for each Night of Power. This should define how you would like your night, the one better than a thousand months, to be used. Pick things from this list and define the sequence you would like to do things in. This will help you avoid wasting your time in unproductive chats which common in the festive atmosphere of Masjids at the Night of Power.

May Almighty let us be among those that will benefit from this night and accept our fast as an act of ibadah.... Aameen

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by IamEdun: 3:49pm On Jun 26, 2016

[size=16pt]RAMADAN DAY 21[/size]

Today being 21st of Ramadan 1437 A.H(21/09/1437) equivalent to 26/06/2016

ﺭﺑَّﻨَﺎ ﺍﻏْﻔِﺮْ ﻟَﻨَﺎ ﺫُﻧُﻮﺑَﻨَﺎ ﻭَﺇِﺳْﺮَﺍﻓَﻨَﺎ ﻓِﻲ ﺃَﻣْﺮِﻧَﺎ ﻭَﺛَﺒِّﺖْ ﺃَﻗْﺪَﺍﻣَﻨَﺎ ﻭﺍﻧﺼُﺮْﻧَﺎ ﻋَﻠَﻰ ﺍﻟْﻘَﻮْﻡِ ﺍﻟْﻜَﺎﻓِﺮِﻳﻦَِ
Rabbana-ghfir lana dhunuubana wa israfana fi amrina wa thabbit aqdamana wansurna 'alal qawmil kafireen
Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and anything We may have done that transgressed our duty: Establish our feet firmly, and help us against those that resist Faith [3:147]

Oh ALLAH, on this day, show me the way to win Your pleasure, do not let Shaytan have a means over me, make Paradise an abode and a resting place for me, Oh the One who fulfills the requests of the needy. Ameen.

Oh Allah, Grant us among the people that will utilise this Ramadan opportunity well and make our efforts in this life end us in Aljannah Firdaus. Ameen.

Just like yesterday and its already the Last Ten Days Of The Holy month.

Ma shaa Allah, "THE ULTIMATE SEARCH" has begin.

We should intensify our acts of ibaadah with sincerity and hope for Allah's mercy.

May Almighty Allah count us among those that will be fortunate to witness this night. Ameen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by IamEdun: 10:42am On Jun 27, 2016

[size=16pt]RAMADAN DAY 22[/size]

Today being 22nd of Ramadan 1437 A.H(22/09/1437) equivalent to 27/06/2016

ﺭَﺑَّﻨَﺎٓ ﺀَﺍﻣَﻨَّﺎ ﺑِﻤَﺎٓ ﺃَﻧﺰَﻟْﺖَ ﻭَﭐﺗَّﺒَﻌْﻨَﺎ ﭐﻟﺮَّﺳُﻮﻝَ ﻓَﭑﻛْﺘُﺒْﻨَﺎ ﻣَﻊَ ﭐﻟﺸَّٰﻬِﺪِﻳﻦَ
Rabbana amanna bima anzalta wattaba 'nar-Rusula fak-tubna ma'ash-Shahideen
Our Lord! We believe in what Thou hast revealed, and we follow the Messenger. Then write us down among those who bear witness [3:53]

Oh ALLAH, on this day, open for me the doors of Your Grace, send down on me its blessings, help me towards the causes of Your mercy, and give me a place in the comforts of Paradise, Oh the one who answers the call of the distressed. Ameen.

Ma shaa Allah, "THE ULTIMATE SEARCH" is still on.

We should intensify our acts of ibaadah with sincerity and hope for Allah's mercy.

May Almighty Allah count us among those that will be fortunate to witness this NIGHT OF MAJESTY. Ameen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Moradeeke(f): 3:17pm On Jul 01, 2016
KEEP YOUR SKIN RADIANT THIS RAMADAN
#RamadanTips

Asalam alaykum waramotullahi wabarakatu

With a change in diet, Ramadan can make your skin feel dehydrated and tight, you’ll need extra vitamins and minerals to keep skin supple. Here’s how:

Vitamin A: This is one of the most important vitamins for skin health; it prevents skin dryness and dehydration in addition to giving your skin a smooth, soft texture. Eat: carrots, apricots, spinach and green leafy vegetables.

B Vitamins: A deficiency of these vitamins can lead to skin dehydration, the early appearance of wrinkles and premature aging. Eat: meat, legumes and whole
grains.

Vitamin E: Vitamin E helps minimise the appearance of wrinkles and enhances cell regeneration. Eat: nuts and vegetable oils used in cooking.

Vitamin C: This vitamin plays an important role in maintaining the integrity and glow of the skin. Eat (or drink in juice form): oranges and strawberries.

Antioxidants: Antioxidants help to protect skin cells and maintain healthy skin. Eat: meat and seafood.

Omega-3 fatty acids: These fats play a role in skin preservation and make your skin glow. Eat: mainly fish.

Water: It is essential to drink plenty of water to prevent your body and skin from dehydration, especially during Ramadan. Water also helps preserve your skin’s elasticity and protects you against the early appearance of wrinkles.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Moradeeke(f): 11:23am On Jul 02, 2016
TO THE SISTER WHO CRIED QUIETLY IN TARAWEEH AND ALL THOSE STRUGGLING THIS RAMADAN

The sister who is exhausted,

The sister who is heartbroken,

The sister who feels overwhelmed with it all,

The sister who feels numb, because so much has happened,

The sister who feels disconnected, from people and from her Lord,

The sister who is spending Ramadan by herself,

The sister who is lonely because she’s alone,

The sister who is lonely in her marriage,

The sister who cries every night, to her Lord, knowing He is the only One who can help her,

The sister who is unable to fast this Ramadan because of health reasons. She feels left out, disconnected from the ummah and all she wants to do is fast for the sake of Allah, but she knows she can’t,

The sister who is no longer able to make sujood because her body is failing her… as her disease progresses, her muscles have stopped working. Alhamdullilah, she can still walk – with help, but she doesn’t know for how much longer,

The sister who is struggling with invisible illness – in pain and battling to get through each day, putting on a brave face, trying to stay positive and not let the comments ‘But you look fine’ get to her,

The sister who has been told by the doctors that she only has a few years left. They don’t know exactly how long,

The sister who has been trying for a baby for years, and endures regular hurtful and probing comments from others. She knows children are from Allah, but still, she feels the pinch of their words,

The sister who has had IVF so many times, but still remains childless,

The sister who miscarried, again, and felt like a piece of her heart broke when she lost her baby,

The sister who is trying her best to fulfil her obligations and take care of her kids, but is so so tired,

The sister who has lost someone she loves, and she misses them everyday,

The sister who was recently diagnosed with cancer,they don’t yet know if it’s spread,

The sister who is battling cancer and the treatment is grueling,

The sister whose eyesight is fading,

The sister whose child is sick, very sick,

The sister whose child has been hurt,

The sister who is struggling with anxiety, depression and other mental health issues,

The sister who is struggling with oppression,

The sister whose world has been devastated and her life scattered by shocking news,

The sister whose marriage and home is emotionally turbulent,

The sister who is widowed and struggling to get through each day, trying to support herself and her children, one step at a time,

The sister who is divorced and heartbroken, and trying to get back on her feet, one step at a time,

The sister struggling to find work, who needs to pay the bills,

The sister facing eviction and homelessness,

The sister who doesn’t know how she’s going to feed her children tonight,

The sister from Syria, whose city and country have been destroyed, who doesn’t know anyone that hasn’t lost someone they love. All she wants to do is go home, but she can’t,

The sister who is living in a refugee camp, relying on charity to feed and clothe her and her children. She’s alone this Ramadan. Her husband didn’t make it on the boat crossing,

The sister who is walking, carrying her children and the few belongings they managed to save. Walking, hoping that wherever they are walking to will be safer than where they have come from,

To every one of you, and all the other sisters who are facing innumerable challenges, my love and du’a go out to you this Ramadan. Know, dear sister, your solace and comfort lies with Allah, Ar-Rahman, the source of our relief and the reliever of our distress. He is Able to Do All Things.

Turn to Him and cry. Pour your heart out to Him. He is the One who can bring you ease, who can set right your affairs, who can relieve the burden that is weighing on your heart and know, for your patience, your reward awaits you in Jannah, in shaa Allah, a place where there is no sorrow or hardship; only eternal bliss and closeness to your Lord.

This life is temporary and surely we know we will be tested but this life will also be over in the blink of an eye, and the reward in the Hereafter is beyond our imaginings, so hold on to Allah in your darkest hours, when you feel like there is no one else in the world.

Hold on to Him and know, with absolute certainty that He will never leave you, never let you down and that your reward lies with Him. He is the Most Merciful, and He is ever near.

BE KIND TO EVERYONE
As I wrote this, it was a reminder to myself, first and foremost, that we never know what others may be facing in silence. The sister next to you in salat could be facing the greatest trial of her life.

As we pray tonight and every night in Ramadan, let’s remember the sisters who are struggling in our du’a.
And as we move through this blessed month and beyond, let’s make the effort to be compassionate, to help where we can, to ease the burden of others if we are able, to be patient and to be kind to everyone.

A smile and a kind word to your sister might be a ray of light in the darkness of her day.

Your silent du’a for her might be answered.

#copied

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by IamEdun: 6:13pm On Jul 02, 2016

[size=16pt]RAMADAN DAY 27[/size]

Today being the 27th of Ramadan 1437 A.H(27/09/1437) equivalent to 02/07/2016

ﺭَﺑَّﻨَﺎ ﻭَﺃَﺩْﺧِﻠْﻬُﻢْ ﺟَﻨَّﺎﺕِ ﻋَﺪْﻥٍ ﺍﻟَّﺘِﻲ ﻭَﻋَﺪﺗَّﻬُﻢ ﻭَﻣَﻦ ﺻَﻠَﺢَ ﻣِﻦْ ﺁﺑَﺎﺋِﻬِﻢ ﻭَﺃَﺯْﻭَﺍﺟِﻬِﻢْ ﻭَﺫُﺭِّﻳَّﺎﺗِﻪِﻡْ ﺇِﻧَّﻚَ ﺃَﻧﺖَ ﺍﻟْﻌَﺰِﻳﺰُ ﺍﻟْﺤَﻜِﻴﻢُ ﻭَﻗِﻬِﻢُ ﺍﻟﺴَّﻴِّﺌَﺎﺕِ ﻭَﻣَﻦ ﺗَﻖِ ﺍﻟﺴَّﻴِّﺌَﺎﺕِ ﻳَﻮْﻣَﺌِﺬٍ ﻓَﻘَﺪْ ﺭَﺣِﻤْﺘَﻪُ ﻭَﺫَﻟِﻚَ ﻫُﻮَ ﺍﻟْﻔَﻮْﺯُ ﺍﻟْﻌَﻈِﻴﻢُ
Rabbana wa adhkhilhum Jannati 'adninil-lati wa'attahum wa man salaha min aba'ihim wa azwajihim wa dhuriyyatihim innaka antal 'Azizul-Hakim, waqihimus saiyi'at wa man taqis-saiyi'ati yawma'idhin faqad rahimatahu wa dhalika huwal fawzul-'Adheem

And grant, our Lord! that they enter the Gardens of Eternity, which Thou hast promised to them, and to the righteous among their fathers, their wives, and their posterity! For Thou art (He), the Exalted in Might, Full of Wisdom. And preserve them from (all) ills; and any whom Thou dost preserve from ills that Day,- on them wilt Thou have bestowed Mercy indeed: and that will be truly (for them) the highest Achievement [40:8-9]

Oh ALLAH, on this day, bestow on me the blessings of Laylatul Qadr, change my affairs from (being) difficult to (being) easy, accept my apologies, and decrease for me [my] sins and burdens, Oh the Compassionate with His righteous servants. Ameen

Ma shaa Allah, "THE ULTIMATE SEARCH" is still on.

May Almighty Allah count us among those that will be fortunate to witness this NIGHT OF MAJESTY. Ameen.

2 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by IamEdun: 6:30pm On Jul 02, 2016
From one of my facebook group

My ramadhaan!

Oh my dearest ramadhaan!!

Why are you leaving us so soon?

The only month that keeps the heavy sleeper up at night

The month that helps the backbiter suddenly get control over her mouth
You also make a heavy eater control his eating habit.

You make us really reconnect with our lord
In this month we really attain piety.

What a beautiful month!!!

How would it have been if the whole year can be ramadhaan? But Allah knows best and has decided that u come and go.

May He help us to keep up the pace of taqwah and 'ibaadah after you are gone to reappear next year. May He also help us to witness many more of you.

With sadness in our hearts we wave you good bye and bid you farewell.
Ma'assalaamatu ya ramadhaan!!!

2 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by IamEdun: 10:59pm On Jul 03, 2016

[size=16pt]RAMADAN DAY 28[/size]

Today being the 28th of Ramadan 1437 A.H(28/09/1437) equivalent to 03/07/2016

ﺭَﺑَّﻨَﺎ ﺍﻏْﻔِﺮْ ﻟَﻨَﺎ ﻭَﻟِﺈِﺧْﻮَﺍﻧِﻦَﺍ ﺍﻟَّﺬِﻳﻦَ ﺳَﺒَﻘُﻮﻧَﺎ ﺑِﺎﻟْﺈِﻳﻤَﺎﻥِ ﻭَﻟَﺎ ﺗَﺠْﻌَﻞْ ﻓِﻲ ﻗُﻠُﻮﺑِﻨَﺎ ﻏِﻠًّﺎ ﻟِّﻠَّﺬِﻳﻦَ ﺁﻣَﻨُﻮﺍ
Rabbana-ghfir lana wa li 'ikhwani nalladhina sabaquna bil imani wa la taj'al fi qulubina ghillal-lilladhina amanu.
Our Lord! Forgive us, and our brethren who came before us into the Faith, and leave not, in our hearts, rancour (or sense of injury) against those who have believed [59:10]

Oh ALLAH, on this day, grant me a share in its nawafil (recommended prayers), honour me by attending to my problems, make closer the means to approach You, from all the means, Oh One who is not preoccupied by the requests of the beseechers. Ameen.

Oh ALLAH, on this day, bestow on me the blessings of Laylatul Qadr, change my affairs from (being) difficult to (being) easy, accept my apologies, and decrease for me [my] sins and burdens, Oh the Compassionate with His righteous servants. Ameen

Just like yesterday and its already 2 days or 1 day to the end of Ramadan, Ma shaa Allah. .

"THE ULTIMATE SEARCH" is still on.

4 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by zaynie(f): 9:23am On Jul 04, 2016
Asalam alaykum sisters.
I need to thank you all for keeping this thread alive all thru Ramadhan.
Special thanks to
IamEdun
Moradeeke
Swearest
I actually created this topic in the health section because I didnt want it to land in the Religion section cos of the usual religious bashings that I try to avoid, but as Allah SWT would have it, it ended up here and I am so glad it did.
I didnt finish the Quran like I wished.
I had to skip some days of fasting cos of my lil baby.
I didnt even do 1 single Tahjud cos I was always too tired from work, housework, fast etc.
I gave the little I could, last year I did better because the means was there.
I didnt attend one single lecture because I was busy helping one person or the other on my free weekends.
But this year was better for me. Earlier this year, I was beginning to lose my faith. So much so I was pissed that Ramadhan was here and even when I was told I didnt need to fast cos I was breastfeeding, I said lemme just fast.
I was straying from the Path, I tried to get back on track but I would find myself falling. This Ramadhan brought my faith back to me.
Watching out for the Adhan made me follow it with my heart and reconnect on why it is called the Call to prayer.
Reading the little Quran that I could, sweetened my heart once more.
Creating this thread fed me spiritually, you dont know how much your lectures lifted my soul.

I am short of words right now.
Jazakallahu kayran sisters kiss

Barka de Sallah!
#NextRamadhanWillBeBetter......in sha Allah.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by kaffy4bill(f): 9:32am On Jul 04, 2016
zaynie:
Asalam alaykum sisters.
I need to thank you all for keeping this thread alive all thru Ramadhan.
Special thanks to
IamEdun
Moradeeke
Swearest
I actually created this topic in the health section because I didnt want it to land in the Religion section cos of the usual religious bashings that I try to avoid, but as Allah SWT would have it, it ended up here and I am so glad it did.
I didnt finish the Quran like I wished.
I had to skip some days of fasting cos of my lil baby.
I didnt even do 1 single Tahjud cos I was always too tired from work, housework, fast etc.
I gave the little I could, last year I did better because the means was there.
I didnt attend one single lecture because I was busy helping one person or the other on my free weekends.
But this year was better for me. Earlier this year, I was beginning to lose my faith. So much so I was pissed that Ramadhan was here and even when I was told I didnt need to fast cos I was breastfeeding, I said lemme just fast.
I was straying from the Path, I tried to get back on track but I would find myself falling. This Ramadhan brought my faith back to me.
Watching out for the Adhan made me follow it with my heart and reconnect on why it is called the Call to prayer.
Reading the little Quran that I could, sweetened my heart once more.
Creating this thread fed me spiritually, you dont know how much your lectures lifted my soul.

I am short of words right now.
Jazakallahu kayran sisters kiss

Barka de Sallah!
#NextRamadhanWillBeBetter......in sha Allah.

Love u sis.. No homo kiss
Love to everybody

2 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by zaynie(f): 2:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
kaffy4bill:

Love to everybody

Love you too sis. kiss

1 Like

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by IamEdun: 6:41pm On Jul 04, 2016

[size=16pt]RAMADAN DAY 29[/size]

Today being the 29th of Ramadan 1437 A.H(29/09/1437) equivalent to 04/07/2016

ﺭَﺑَّﻨَﺎ ﻟَﺎ ﺗَﺠْﻌَﻠْﻨَﺎ ﻓِﺘْﻨَﺔً ﻟِّﻠَّﺬِﻳﻦَ ﻛَﻔَﺮُﻭﺍ ﻭَﺍﻏْﻔِﺮْ ﻟَﻨَﺎ ﺭَﺑَّﻨَﺎ ﺇِﻧَّﻚَ ﺃَﻧﺖَ ﺍﻟْﻌَﺰِﻳﺰُ ﺍﻟْﺤَﻜِﻴﻢُ
Rabbana la taj'alna fitnatal lilladhina kafaru waghfir lana Rabbana innaka antal 'Azizul-Hakim.
Our Lord! Make us not a (test and) trial for the Unbelievers, but forgive us, our Lord! for Thou art the Exalted in Might, the Wise [60:5]

Oh ALLAH, on this day, cover me with Your mercy,grant me in it success and protection, purify my heart from the darkness of false accusations, Oh the Merciful to His believing servants. Ameen.

Just like yesterday and its probably the end of Ramadan Today or Tomorrow, Ma shaa Allah.

Keep on with your ibadah the little sunshine left is not too late to make dua because Allah is the most gracious and mercy.

May Allah accept our prayers,our fasting,our bending and our prostration, may Allah make us among those who had gained from this month of Ramadan, Ameen.

2 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by IamEdun: 6:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
kaffy4bill:

Love to everybody

May He for Whose sake you love us, love
you too.

zaynie:

Love you too sis. kiss
May the One for whose sake you love her love you too.

Wa alaykum salam waramotulahi
Jazakum Lahu Khaeeran to you too for granting my request

3 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Moradeeke(f): 9:59pm On Jul 04, 2016
Umm Sumayyah Mai wrote;

DON'T BE CARRIED AWAY!

Stay connected with Allaah yah ukthee Fillah. As the days of Ramadan are coming to an end, it's a thing to appraise ourselves. If you feel you tried your best during the days and night of Ramadan AlhamduLilaah for you. If you feel you are on the average, be thankful too.

And as for those who has refused to pray salaat, but only fast, you need to cry deep within and seek aide and forgiveness from Allah azza-wajjal.

Do not be carried away by the enjoyment of eid, don't skip salaat, and observe mannerism and etiquettes of eid. Know fully that, the ties shall be lose from shaitain and his mates.

Take with you the best you had in the month of Ramadan to all other months. Remember to be awake for Qiyam Layl if perhaps it is announced tomorrow is Eid, and continue afterward.

Continue to be a humble servant you were and never allow your heart to sway and be distance from Allaah. Live your life upon hope and fear and observe the right that was given to you by Allaah.

Be mindful of Allaah
Be dutiful to Him
Build a connection with Him
May Allah spare us till eid and beyond.
May He keep you safe and well, Amin.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by IamEdun: 8:00pm On Jul 05, 2016

[size=16pt]RAMADAN DAY 30[/size]

Today being the 30th of Ramadan 1437 A.H(30/09/1437) equivalent to 05/07/2016

ﺭَّﺑَّﻨَﺎ ﻋَﻠَﻴْﻚَ ﺗَﻮَﻛَّﻠْﻨَﺎ ﻭَﺇِﻟَﻴْﻚَ ﺃَﻧَﺒْﻨَﺎ ﻭَﺇِﻟَﻴْﻚَ ﺍﻟْﻤَﺼِﻴﺮُ
Rabbana 'alaika tawakkalna wa-ilaika anabna wa-ilaikal masir
Our Lord! In Thee do we trust, and to Thee do we turn in repentance: to Thee is (our) Final Goal [60:4]

Oh ALLAH, on this day, make my fasts worthy of appreciation and acceptance , according to what pleases You, the branches being strengthened by the roots, for the sake of our leader, Muhammad, and his purified family. Praise be to ALLAH, the Lord of the worlds.
Ya Haqq! Ameen.

Just like yesterday, we have finally come to the end of Ramadan, Ma shaa Allah.

May Allah accept our prayers,our fasting,our bending and our prostration, may Allah make us among those who had gained from this month of Ramadan, may He also spare our lives till and beyond next Ramadan Ameen.

'Taqabbal Allahu minna wa minkum'

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by IamEdun: 8:04pm On Jul 05, 2016

Eid is Tomorrow ln shaa Allaah!

We say to our womenfolks beautify yourself and adorn your veil when coming out on eid. You will not perfume yourself, except if you are back to the house.

We say to you, wear the best of your cloth, and do not leave your hair uncovered or perhaps allowing some part to be out.

We say to you, avoid music the likes of our time and do not drink alcohol. You may not forget shaitain shall be set free soon, and Allah never stop keeping an eye on you.

We say to you, do not celebrate eid having haram sexual intercouse with a gai you called fiance/ boyfriend. Do not waste your efforts during the month of Ramadan.

We say to you, do not shake hands with non-mahram, and avoid displaying your beauty and garment like the days of Jahiliyyah.

We say to you, do not come out on eid wearing high hill shoe, only to be noticed and praised.

We say to you,to listen to the sermon and be silent throughout its course. Observe eid etiquettes.

We say to you, to assist your husband and discourage him from shaving his beard.

We say to you, dress your children moderately and observe the dress code of lslam. Don't just say it's eid, they can act silly as desired.

We say to you, do not skip salaat, and be thankful to your Rabb.

May Allah keep you safe and well.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? / One Apple Leads To His Marriage. A Beautiful Story! / Ramadan: Sultan Directs Muslims To Look For New Moon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.