Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,492 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated? (21252 Views)

Just Curious, Why Do People Blur Plate Numbers While Taking Pictures??? / Hilarious Plate Numbers In Nigeria With Funny Captions / Verify Your Car Plate Numbers To Know If It Is Genuine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated? by Innodon(m): 11:42am On Jun 06, 2016
Following
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated? by shamecurls(m): 11:56am On Jun 06, 2016
uchebest2006:

You are calling Anambra and Imo is for Local.....my dear,u re A Learner.Ala Owerri bu ebe igwori!!

How many top notch rides carry those State(Imo and Anambra) Number plates? Even in Imo and Anambra...... There vehicles, I mean real vehicles dnt carry the State number plates. They go for Lagos, Abuja and Rivers.

#Fact
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 06, 2016
seunlayi:
interesting, but how can i get that of Biafrian? I am beginning to fall in love with them

grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated? by peterbello(m): 12:21pm On Jun 06, 2016
jaelz:
I mean everybody knows the importance of plate numbers but what i don't understand is why the variations in states, there's this young lieutenant in my barracks he recently got a very clean mercedes that his been using for some time now i mean for like 6months without a plate number, he is in Lagos and his from the western side of Nigeria but he finally and recently got his plate number fixed on his car and lo and behold i saw Nassarawa State...

Please i seriously need deep clarifications

OP, before you get clarifications on number plates, I think you need to get clarifications on the use of periods/full stop (.) in your write-ups. You should use them. They help a lot. You just fuuckked up some commas here....literally.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated? by Lovechyld101(m): 12:22pm On Jun 06, 2016
Abuja is the most respected u might probably as a police b stopping one lawmakers inlaw car who can whisk u out of ur Job immediately at d dial of a call.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated? by jaelz(m): 12:29pm On Jun 06, 2016
Thanks holmes sup man?
peterbello:

OP, before you get clarifications on number plates, I think you need to get clarifications on the use of periods/full stop (.) in your write-ups. You should use them. They help a lot. You just fuuckked up some commas here....literally.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated? by Ezeego1(m): 12:44pm On Jun 06, 2016
shamecurls:

How many top notch rides carry those State(Imo and Anambra) Number plates? Even in Imo and Anambra...... There vehicles, I mean real vehicles dnt carry the State number plates. They go for Lagos, Abuja and Rivers.

#Fact

No be why u go call Imo and Anambra local nah.

Ma i no change am for you
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated? by Emekayoung(m): 12:47pm On Jun 06, 2016
Cherishing:
Me thinks that's aw olapas begets them daily chops.

Carry Kano state plate number inside Lagos ... your frustration go pass Buhari own
If they stop u tell dem u just came into town and u are going back the next day...
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated? by shamecurls(m): 12:52pm On Jun 06, 2016
Ezeego1:

No be why u go call Imo and Anambra local nah.

Ma i no change am for you

grin grin grin grin My bad

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated? by netmillionaires(m): 12:53pm On Jun 06, 2016
@OP plz change it to number plate and not plate number. There is nothing like plate number... Thanks
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated? by Cherishing(f): 12:55pm On Jun 06, 2016
Emekayoung:

If they stop u tell dem u just came into town and u are going back the next day...
how about the same officer stopping u the next time again and again again
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated? by shamecurls(m): 12:56pm On Jun 06, 2016
seunlayi:
interesting, but how can i get that of Biafrian? I am beginning to fall in love with them

PM me and i will send my account details to you

Number plate will be mailed to you in 2 weeks

Cost is NGN60,000

N.B- Transaction is at owners risk.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated? by Uzch89(m): 1:34pm On Jun 06, 2016
admax:
No relevant benefit except for bragging rights though.

If you drive a Lagos plate number to Kano, the Police and FRSC will stylishly not stop you, as they believe you are expose ( that will make some of them stop you believing you stole the car) but if you drive a Katsina plate number in Lagos, Police, VIO, LASTMA, SSS, CIA etc will stop you knowing/thinking you are a JJC.

If you and your car look suspicious: if you like have a Texas number, those road-money-sucking-agencies will stop you.

Like i said in the beginning no reasonable benefit.

CIA
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated? by gagewonda(m): 1:38pm On Jun 06, 2016
donsteady:
Abj police won't stop you anyhow
Having Abuja plate alone is enough reason for police to harass you #Rogertins
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated? by lovingT(f): 1:41pm On Jun 06, 2016
mytime24:
Who plate num epp angry

Babe. U just spoke my mind.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated? by wacoj(m): 2:17pm On Jun 06, 2016
I still don't know o.
My car has KANO number, I remember some years ago
I was travelling from Lag to the east during one Xmas like that.

Na so Olopa stop me for Benin, carry me and the car go keep for one
station not too far from Uniben just because it is Kano number.

Police eventually directed me to an ATM inside Uniben where I go withdraw sort myself out.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated? by Emekayoung(m): 2:21pm On Jun 06, 2016
Cherishing:

how about the same officer stopping u the next time again and again again
So if ur vehicle has oyo state reg number,and u are making plans on relocating to lagos,u will also change ur change ur vehicle's reg number to lagos' reg number? I don't think so.. I haven't heard anyone saying it's a crime to use other states' number plate in lagos,as long as it's a registered vehicle i think u are gud to go. just my opinion. Make una no jail me..
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated? by Cherishing(f): 2:32pm On Jun 06, 2016
Emekayoung:

So if ur vehicle has oyo state reg number,and u are making plans on relocating to lagos,u will also change ur change ur vehicle's reg number to lagos' reg number? I don't think so.. I haven't heard anyone saying it's a crime to use other states' number plate in lagos,as long as it's a registered vehicle i think u are gud to go. just my opinion. Make una no jail me..

You won't last long with it in the state, they will frustrate the more you stay with it. The least grace you have to operate with it is 3months as a visitor .
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 06, 2016
jaelz:
I mean everybody knows the importance of plate numbers but what i don't understand is why the variations in states, there's this young lieutenant in my barracks he recently got a very clean mercedes that his been using for some time now i mean for like 6months without a plate number, he is in Lagos and his from the western side of Nigeria but he finally and recently got his plate number fixed on his car and lo and behold i saw Nassarawa State...

Please i seriously need deep clarifications

From my experience, I've realized that some Nigerian's just like to associate them selves with some states believing that's where everything happens for instance, people residing in different states calling and demanding that we do there vehicle registration allocating to their vehicle a lagos no plate after which it's sent to them to any state of their location. Even here in lagos, some people reside in mushin but will demand for no plates like AAA, EKY, FST, ETC.
Same way people in Lagos demands for Abuja no plate. Same trend nothing special.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated? by Olaone1: 3:59pm On Jun 06, 2016
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated? by Waladade4luv(m): 4:03pm On Jun 06, 2016
eko for show
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated? by Olaone1: 4:06pm On Jun 06, 2016
room089:
For naija here, If your number no be 'Lagos or Abuja', u be local champion.

The right word is 'number plate' Not 'plate number'
are you sure? grin grin
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated? by Waladade4luv(m): 4:10pm On Jun 06, 2016
Goodeeman:
OP number plate and not plate number.

You are getting it wrong its still plate number but not number plate, we are talking about the number here not about the plate they are two diff things in english language head word do come last after the adjectives...be guilded
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated? by armadeo(m): 5:47pm On Jun 06, 2016
I travel a lot in the south south and I have a Lagos number plate.

You aren't stopped anyhow but when I used an Edo plate no in lagos I hear am.

Every policeman stopped me ask for papers and such I let them know say I be eko.

Assholes

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated? by okuneddie(m): 7:53am On Jun 07, 2016
shamecurls:
Lagos Rivers and Abuja re for big boys

Ekiti, Anambra, Taraba, Jigawa, Akwa-Ibom, Cross-River, Oyo, Ogun, Ebonyi, Abia, Imo re for Locos(Local)

Enugu, Kaduna, Kano, Plateau and some few re for codeds

Unfortunately, Nasarawa falls in the rank for Locos.

ba brains

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Transmission Gurus: What Would Cause The Code P0717 For A Nissan Pathfinder / 5 Real Reasons Car Importation Through Land Border Was Banned / World’s First Child Car Seat With Built-in Airbags Goes On Sale Worldwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.