Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Why Pay To Read The News From The Punch Website? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Pay To Read The News From The Punch Website? (1191 Views)

Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch / Army Forces Al-mustapha To Retire - The Punch / Tinubu Bars Pro-saraki Senator, Alasoadura, From APC Caucus Meetings-the Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Pay To Read The News From The Punch Website? by Matinho: 9:09am On Aug 26, 2009
Isnt this really sick? We have to pay N1500 a month just to read the news from the punch website.Aren't they making enough money from the sale of the physical dailies? Why pay when every other nigerian daily website grants you free access to their sites to read the latest happenings in the nation.

Effective from May 29th 2009, access to read news stories on our
website will be by subscription. The subscription amount of N1,500
per month gives access to your authoritative news on:

Punch website (www.punchontheweb.com)
Punch Mobile (Read news on your mobile phone)
ePaper (Your favourite newspaper exactly as it appears in print)

Payment for subscription can be done through

Debit card (Interswitch ATM)
Visa card (including Visa electron)
Purchase of scratch cards at designated Punch offices Nationwide
Cash at any First Bank Branch

Thank you.

The Punch Online team
Re: Why Pay To Read The News From The Punch Website? by JamesG: 9:18am On Aug 26, 2009
Greed! It won't work, spend $1500 a month when you can get the same news from other sources for free, including Nairaland wink grin
Re: Why Pay To Read The News From The Punch Website? by kayalcomp: 3:45pm On Sep 07, 2009
it is a bad idea. if they should do such a thing(charging) it shouldn.t be now in Nigeria.
Re: Why Pay To Read The News From The Punch Website? by PapaBrowne(m): 8:24pm On Sep 07, 2009
I think they noticed that their newspaper sales were reducing dramatically. They had to take action.
The other papers might follow suit or they would have to find other ways to earn money.
Think about it, why would I buy papers when I can read them free online.
Re: Why Pay To Read The News From The Punch Website? by Beaf: 8:45pm On Sep 07, 2009
Each time I come across a story from the punch website, I skip it with spicy expletives to match.
Re: Why Pay To Read The News From The Punch Website? by illusion2: 9:21pm On Sep 07, 2009
punch isn't serious. . . . .I hope they have put enough thought into it sha!!
Re: Why Pay To Read The News From The Punch Website? by Bruekeleen: 10:20pm On Sep 07, 2009
And which news dem dey carry sef, wey another paper no dey carry? I beg: no be wit dis economic melt-down!
Re: Why Pay To Read The News From The Punch Website? by salinco(m): 7:59am On Sep 08, 2009
dont mind the useless newspaper

we shall not buy the paper even if their news is free on net

(1) (Reply)

Quebec Is A Country Inside Canada, Watch Video. Yorubas Can Be A Country. / Oyinlola's Six Stadiums In Osun State / Where President Goodluck Jonathan Failed By Dr. John Oshodi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.