Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? (8720 Views)

Monopoly Products In The Nigerian Food Market / Nigerian Food (Pictures Only) / Nigerian Food One Can Eat To Add Weight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by Atreus(f): 10:01am On Aug 26, 2009
I want to cook something for my woman,like a candle-lit dinner or something,but i want it to be nigerian and creative. Pounded yam(my specialty)is too heavy,it'd prolly give her gas,rice is so damn boring,i want something creative nd original.
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by Gracito(f): 5:13pm On Aug 26, 2009
Wow,well,am thinkn how abt African Salad(make una no chop me,just guessing)
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by Nobody: 3:12am On Aug 27, 2009
suya and malt.

Dont quote me however.

quite spicy too, so stock up on mints for afterwards.
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by kellorah: 4:32am On Aug 27, 2009
Does it have to be a Nigerian dish??

Most 9ja dishes are heavy, anyway. But u cud serve small portions instead.

How about boiled rice and Banga stew? [Lord knows I'm craving it right now]

The African Salad idea sounds good, but as a "candle-lit-dinner-type-ish"?? I'm not so sure.
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by Nobody: 5:07am On Aug 27, 2009
Or fried/baked fish like tilapia or croaker.

once again, stock up on mints for afterwards.

Rice is also good, I guess. Possibly the Basmati kind if you want something unusual (for your girlfriend).

But generally, you rarely go wrong with fried rice.
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by Atreus(f): 5:15am On Aug 27, 2009
Fried rice is too complicated. Slicing and dicing all the veggies will waste time. Besides,i never could cook fried rice very well;it's either the sizes of the carrots/other stuff are too big/small or one thing or the other.
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by kellorah: 5:19am On Aug 27, 2009
Don't u guys have like frozen veg or something?? Besides, how long will the dicing actually take?? Don't be lazy. grin

U cud make jellof rice and plantainsmiley
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by Nobody: 5:21am On Aug 27, 2009
Atreus:

Fried rice is too complicated. Slicing and dicing all the veggies will waste time. Besides,i never could cook fried rice very well;it's either the sizes of the carrots/other stuff are too big/small or one thing or the other.

slicing and dicing veggies?

You can buy precut ones in the supermarket.

or you can always order out.

Just saying- your options are still open.
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by chiejik(f): 8:26am On Aug 27, 2009
Wow,well,am thinkn how abt African Salad(make una no chop me,just guessing)

NOT A BAD ADVICE WITH PALM WINE.MOST ESPECIALY THE SALAD MIX WITH UGBA AND KPOMO grin grin grin grin
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by Secretz(f): 12:03pm On Aug 27, 2009
Salad on it's own? ? ? for a candle lit DINNER? Is she a rabbit or are you hoping to starve her? tongue

How about Grilled fish, moderately marinated, with some fried plantain on the side and a nice bowl of creative salad.

Salad is healthy and light, fish is not heavy (easily digested) and plantain of course is sweet. . . . I personally would be happy with that. grin
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 27, 2009
tpia.:

suya and malt.

Dont quote me however.

quite spicy too, so stock up on mints for afterwards.

so that what aloy emeka uses for those intimate dinners cheesy cheesy
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by illusion2: 12:28pm On Aug 27, 2009
good ol' P soup with 'ata re'(alligator pepper) tongue
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by orisebawo(m): 12:29pm On Aug 27, 2009
Secretz:

Salad on it's own? ? ? for a candle lit DINNER? Is she a rabbit or are you hoping to starve her? tongue

How about Grilled fish, moderately marinated, with some fried plantain on the side and a nice bowl of creative salad.

Salad is healthy and light, fish is not heavy (easily digested) and plantain of course is sweet. . . . I personally would be happy with that. grin

Exactly, cant think of anything better
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by orisebawo(m): 12:30pm On Aug 27, 2009
Secretz:

I think you have been visiting 805 too much, lol
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 27, 2009
Secretz:

Thats the answer, am so drooling right now!!
Then make her fruit jelly for dessert, that's what i am having now, yummy!!
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by totalfact(m): 12:36pm On Aug 27, 2009
Amala and abula(gbegiri&ewedu).
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 27, 2009
illusion2:

good ol' P soup with 'ata re'(alligator pepper) tongue

You don't want them to have some good loving after abi?? tongue
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by Atreus(f): 12:49pm On Aug 27, 2009
@secretz,thanks for ur suggestion. I can make it work,only i have to clean my oven. Oh well,it's for a good cause,lol.
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by shilees(f): 12:56pm On Aug 27, 2009
we have romantic local meals if u can be creative, this ma suggestion:

appetizer
fish pepper soup & chilled zobo or natural nunu

main dish:
semo and vegetable (efo elemi meje)
with cold water.

dessert: any of the listed below will do
asun, ojojo, dodo ikire(fried mashed plaitain), iyoyo dindin (fried fingerlins) etc. with apple juice

just a suggestion wink
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by Atreus(f): 12:58pm On Aug 27, 2009
That's too heavy naw!
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by babzyshe: 1:04pm On Aug 27, 2009
Any food will do actually, all u need is a sprinkling of "burantashi" and "dongoyaro" extracts.

It works like Magic wink
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by r231(m): 1:11pm On Aug 27, 2009
fried plantain & egg with a bottle of red wine
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by posakosa(m): 1:37pm On Aug 27, 2009
r231:

fried plantain & egg with a bottle of red wine

great idea. I was going to say the same. or yam <could be friend/boiled> and egg, yum!
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by posakosa(m): 1:39pm On Aug 27, 2009
I remember my bf then used to do isi-ewu for moi, jesu, i miss those days! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by posakosa(m): 1:40pm On Aug 27, 2009
sweet potato porridge/yam porridge with red or white wine, yum! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by Aprilmay(f): 1:47pm On Aug 27, 2009
Anything goes
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by cassidy(f): 2:26pm On Aug 27, 2009
Roasted Plantain (boli) and Groundnut washed down with Palmwine
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by shesi(m): 2:44pm On Aug 27, 2009
apetizers; hard-boiled eggs sliced into two with hot ground pepper put in the middle.

main course; grilled bushmeat grin and a side of salad. yes salad is african. nobody eats more greens than africans. we just dont call it salad.

dessert: what dessert? you want authentic african experience abi? oya, just drink some water. or coke if you want to live it up. lol.

if the girl a nigerian or african tho? cus if not, those carbohydrate heavy african meals will scare her o.
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by kokoye(m): 3:00pm On Aug 27, 2009
All you guys dey craze o. All your suggestions will make the mouth smell no be small . . . and then the poster no go fit kiss.

@ poster ojare, make sure you include mouthwash with all the suggestions. wink
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by awizl(m): 3:10pm On Aug 27, 2009
babzyshe:

Any food will do actually, all u need is a sprinkling of "burantashi" and "dongoyaro" extracts.

It works like Magic wink

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin believeĀ  that guy o,cz in the end tht's what matters, grin grin grin
Babyzshe, i second your motion ! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by Nezan(m): 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2009
try soaked garri with groundnuts lipsrsealed
Re: Is There Any Romantic Nigerian Food? by illusion2: 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2009
To be candid,avoid frying and all our naija carbs (tuwo,eba,amala,starch,semo,iyan,lafun etc) wink cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The First Thing You Learned How To Cook And At What Age? / Picture Of A Cake Baked In Form Of Couple Having Sex! Lol.. / Kilishi In Canada - Mj's BBQ And SUYA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.