Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,821 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect (41094 Views)

Mohammed Idiagbon: "Envious Colleagues Set Me Up" - UNILORIN Lecturer Says / Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Of UNILORIN In Sex Scandal (Audio Clip) / Sexual Harassment In Auchi Polytechnic: Prostitutes Assist Male Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by seunfape(m): 2:29pm On Jun 07, 2016
jaidor:
Really! Hw d h**l did dis school make d best university in Nigeria some years back? It possibly might be overlooked if he was the HOD of Yoruba or Agricultural science but for an HOD of English Dept...*damn*
NUC must assess dat sch asap...n they shudnt be in the top 50 university in Nigeria, lest Nigerian universities would be generally defamed.
...n for d students, if I ever hear dat ur "better by far" cliche again ehhn
you have mental touch for you calling agric and Yoruba. See stark illiterate rating English higher than his native language and Agricultural science that is booming now.
Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by seunfape(m): 2:35pm On Jun 07, 2016
The girl mess up. Secondly, the lecturer has to resign because I wonder how such person could be able to lecture English in university up to the level of becoming HOD.even the student spoke better than him. How did he get the job?maybe he is from ilorin west. Saraki family.
Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by Tolu4me: 3:43pm On Jun 07, 2016
I can categorically tell you that it's nemesis caught up with Dr Idiagbon. He is a randy lecturer who cannot take his eyes away from anything in skirt.
He was my lecturer, so I know what am talking about. I pity him though because he's very good when it comes to teaching and he knows his onions well.
It's a tragedy that he ended his career (when he's almost at its peak) in this shameful way.
SMH
Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by Mrreed(m): 4:29pm On Jun 07, 2016
jaidor:
Really! Hw d h**l did dis school make d best university in Nigeria some years back? It possibly might be overlooked if he was the HOD of Yoruba or Agricultural science but for an HOD of English Dept...*damn*
NUC must assess dat sch asap...n they shudnt be in the top 50 university in Nigeria, lest Nigerian universities would be generally defamed.
hater spotted... like we dont hv other universities with accented lecturers. presently doin advance studies in ABU. I cn hardly hear one of my lecturers due to his strong accent. does that make him bad?
Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 07, 2016
jaidor:

I see lot of folks here complaining about the man's supposedly 'bad' English. Truth is there is nothing wrong with his spoken English. His English is only tinted by local coloration which is perhaps the only kink to his English.

The fact that his English is perceived as pedestrian-- which is perfectly understandable considering the fact that no Nigerian is a native speaker of English-- doesn't mean he is wack or quack. He is a very brilliant lecturer. The same goes for other lecturers in the department: I mean these guys are grounded; extremely knowledgeable. I'm not hyping them; I'm an insider. I know the hell I'm saying.

Look, there is a reason Unilorin was first then and still among the first five. If you can't wrap your head around that fact, well too bad. I leave you to your spasmodic hate.

For others rambling about the man's English, Dr. Idiagbon speaks PERFECT Nigerian English. Having Queen's accent is merely a desirable linguistic dessert of which only a minute number of Nigerians can afford and paradoxically these few in most cases are not found in the linguistic field.

Please folks, stopping equating a locally-coloured English accent with average intelligence. It's normal
I repeat normal. The bar in this clime is set at Nigerian English; if you can surpass that bar, very well.
Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by muller101(m): 6:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
rheether:
That girl should be protected.
by what. And who
Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by franugo(m): 8:09pm On Jun 07, 2016
Mcowubaba:

People that think like you are worse than Avengers nd B. Haram

U mean being realistic makes one more dangerous than deadly extremists? maybe u actually dnt live in naija, but if u live in this godforsaken shithole n u are thinking like this, then i pity ur extremely foolish idealistic fantasies n tendencies
The guy u mentioned said nothing but the unadulterated n unencumbered truth!
Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by jadefola: 9:06pm On Jun 07, 2016
Hmmmm...nemesis! I hope it equally catches up with Dr Friday-otun and rafiu adewale of linguistics dept also. Alabi taofeeq learn your lesson before it gets too late.
Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by Mopricelezz(f): 6:52am On Jun 08, 2016
Ladrang:

I see lot of folks here complaining about the man's supposedly 'bad' English. Truth is there is nothing wrong with his spoken English. His English is only tinted by local coloration which is perhaps the only kink to his English.

The fact that his English is perceived as pedestrian-- which is perfectly understandable considering the fact that no Nigerian is a native speaker of English-- doesn't mean he is wack or quack. He is a very brilliant lecturer. The same goes for other lecturers in the department: I mean these guys are grounded; extremely knowledgeable. I'm not hyping them; I'm an insider. I know the hell I'm saying.

Look, there is a reason Unilorin was first then and still among the first five. If you can't wrap your head around that fact, well too bad. I leave you to your spasmodic hate.

For others rambling about the man's English, Dr. Idiagbon speaks PERFECT Nigerian English. Having Queen's accent is merely a desirable linguistic dessert of which only a minute number of Nigerians can afford and paradoxically these few in most cases are not found in the linguistic field.

Please folks, stopping equating a locally-coloured English accent with average intelligence. It's normal
I repeat normal. The bar in this clime is set at Nigerian English; if you can surpass that bar, very well.

God bless you for this.
Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by pinkycute(f): 9:27am On Jun 08, 2016
What's this one saying.....

smellingmenses:
I suspect you are the gal in question...
Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by pinkycute(f): 9:29am On Jun 08, 2016
Same here smiley Greetings from the other side kiss

sabama007:

OluPinky, it's bcoz I've missed you
Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by engrjacuzzi: 11:21am On Jun 08, 2016
the female student should equally be punished too.
Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by Abee79(m): 11:29am On Jun 08, 2016
I wonder how many girls have fallen victim to him over all the years in his career as a lecturer cry
Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by jaidor: 12:20am On Jun 10, 2016
seunfape:
you have mental touch for you calling agric and Yoruba. See stark illiterate rating English higher than his native language and Agricultural science that is booming now.
Ladrang:

seunfape:
Mrreed:

hater spotted... like we dont hv other universities with accented lecturers. presently doin advance studies in ABU. I cn hardly hear one of my lecturers due to his strong accent. does that make him bad?

Seriously? regrettably I missed out on dis comments hitherto.
So y'all accused me of being an hater and tried to defend ur overhyped sch (as expected)
surprisingly a thing amongst u called me an illiterate and questioned y I rated English above our native language, OK so quickly, d last time I checked English Language is still the OFFICIAL spoken language in Nigeria so if u av problem with dat be sure to table it be the rep members. n honestly insulting u at dis moment is futile.

Now to the rest of y'all, first I understand how embarrassing this might be for u guys being a student or an ex of d sch, buh what u av done wrong is trying to 'vaunt' d sch on a thread like dis, u were utterly prejudiced with your opinion and were obviously trying to salvage the already allayed reputation of d sch.

Like I said earlier, this man is or was d H.O.D of an English dept and hell yes, he is expected to be very much above par! I for one would not condone such condescending mediocrity. Y'all argued it's totally excusable n normal for his native accent to reflect in his elocution; rightfully so but then again it should only be condoned in another discipline/department where enunciation n rhetorics isn't giving much attention. (I suggested Yoruba n Agricultural Science but then again that thing was loosely ranting...)
a very good instance for u is, how is he supposed to lecture the students right on pronunciation and diction/Oral when most of his students probably speak more fluently than he does?

Here are some (not all) of his blunders from the audio, and NB this has nothing to do with accents, analysing his accent and pronunciation makes it even more worse;
"Shebi is that it?"
"When I don answer u now you will know" "Shebi is that what you want me to do"
"wah's it ehhhh, effisy, dis girl is doing effisy "
"you are fake! Why are you fake..."
"you are not the only one, so what are you special about?"
"Why are u pleasing me, for what" (Dis was his response wen d said "please sir"wink
"then have heard it lemme leave you"
"keep going, nothing again now"
"honestly if you explain yourself convincingly you will be left"

Such slips as above should never made by an English lecturers
of any standard university not the to mention the Head of the Department. what damn legacy is he inculcating to the students?

So please guys, I know it can be very excruciating to see your beloved sch languishing in the bad sight of the world at large. buh what u should rather do is channel ur aggression to d school management to conduct proper scrutiny before offering their appointment letters to avoid future occurrence of a similar issue.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by yak(m): 2:22pm On Jun 15, 2016
BISIXCLUSIVE:
You can imagine his spoken English, who said University of ilorin is one of the best sch?......see grammars from lecturer nd student grin grin grin grin grin This is serious, Respect to TASUED and FCE Abk lecturers they are just too good.

I don't know abt TASUED but that Osiele is too good. They remind me of KADPOLY n Alvan Ikokwu in Owerri
Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by BISIXCLUSIVE: 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2016
yak:

I don't know abt TASUED but that Osiele is too good. They remind me of KADPOLY n Alvan Ikokwu in Owerri
Are u an alumni of FCE too?
Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by yak(m): 3:29pm On Jun 15, 2016
BISIXCLUSIVE:
Are u an alumni of FCE too?

Not at all. But in my line of job. Av bn able to work with diff ppl from diff places. So I know few things
Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by BISIXCLUSIVE: 3:35pm On Jun 15, 2016
yak:

Not at all. But in my line of job. Av bn able to work with diff ppl from diff places. So I know few things
Nice one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Russia University Hoisted Nigerian Flag To Honour Faith Ebunoluwa Ojedokun / "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" / Covenant University Lecturer Signs 'jesus Is Lord' On His Test Paper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.