Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,912 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? (14955 Views)

Daily Pay Menial Jobs For Short Time Purpose / In Awka Anambra State, Need To Do Some Menial Jobs / Expatriates, Some Semi-skilled, Take Over Even Menial Jobs From Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by mayordee(m): 8:11pm On Sep 07, 2009
Hesperus:

Mayordee, you de Cardiff for real?
Yeah, why?
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by MrCrackles(m): 8:13pm On Sep 07, 2009
mayordee:

Yeah, why?
He prolly wants to come and visit you. . . . cheesy
On the reals, i went to Uni up there. . . .Talybont my first yr, severn point second yr and the bay 3rd yr! wink
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by Hesperus(m): 8:26pm On Sep 07, 2009
mayordee:

Yeah, why?

lol, its just good to meet another Cardiff dude here! How u de my broda?
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by Hesperus(m): 8:29pm On Sep 07, 2009
MrCrackles:

He prolly wants to come and visit you. . . . cheesy
On the reals, i went to Uni up there. . . .Talybont my first yr, severn point second yr and the bay 3rd yr! wink

@ Crackhead, you no serious o! lmao
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by MrCrackles(m): 8:30pm On Sep 07, 2009
Hesperus:

@ Crackhead, you no serious o! lmao
Hehehe. . . .
I enjoyed the city too. . . Uni was fun a few yrs ago! wink
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by Hesperus(m): 8:58pm On Sep 07, 2009
MrCrackles:

Hehehe. . . .
I enjoyed the city too. . . Uni was fun a few yrs ago! wink

Was it? Def not now anyways, especially when uni is out! Always have to go to london for a breath of fresh air!
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by MrCrackles(m): 9:01pm On Sep 07, 2009
Hesperus:

Was it? Def not now anyways, especially when uni is out! Always have to go to london for a breath of fresh air!
Yeah heard its kinna bleeped now. . . I always go back home to London as well
But we our set was spanking, i played for Cardiff Uni at the time too and it was fun
Loadza Naija fellas and chicks. . . .
Liquid was good to go to, RSVP and Number 10, but heard itz all washed up now! sad
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by rickie4us(m): 9:02pm On Sep 07, 2009
iz2much:

what kinda job can get me 20pound per hour?

I wonder , I just wonder ,

@ Alikote ,
My sincere advice to you is to stay here , it is not easier out there , don't throw away what you have for the unknown ,
I know of some folks out there in UK who are stuck and can't come home after abandoning what was good here for the unknown ,
someone recently told me if I could find a job of 80k for him here in Naija, he will be on the next flight back home , saying that what is the point spending all you make on bills , better think before you make that move
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by amobii: 9:17pm On Sep 07, 2009
Hello Nairalanders,

I entered UK in 2007 with a 2 years student visa to study (Bsc.) Business Studies, when i came in i discovered that it was not easy to go to school and work, couple with the fact that school fees would not be easy to pay, as £8000 per session. I took a break from the university to work for a while, though i gave them another reason for taking the break. I later discovered another University that allow an instalment payment and do not disturb international students till they finish their programme, then applied for the next admission. I worked for 1 year and later started the university to study Business and Marketing Management (MA) with new university.
The authority caught me for working more than hrs required for student during the term-time in july, they seized my pali and the case is still in court, my programme finish this month and i  hope to submit my thesis b/4 d case. I don't know what to do, should i voluntary return home (Naija) as  i understand things are difficult there or i should wait for the outcome of the case.

Please i need your help.
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by MrCrackles(m): 9:19pm On Sep 07, 2009
^ My friend go back to your country!
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by Hesperus(m): 9:34pm On Sep 07, 2009
MrCrackles:

But we our set was spanking, i played for Cardiff Uni at the time too and it was fun
Liquid was good to go to, RSVP and Number 10, but heard itz all washed up now! sad

Yeah, nothin new in all those places. I mean,goin to the same joints and seeing the same set of pple ALL the time, what's the fun in that?

Hisssssssssssss
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by mayordee(m): 9:35pm On Sep 07, 2009
Hesperus:

lol, its just good to meet another Cardiff dude here! How u de my broda?
oh oh am cool man, trying to survive the boring life in Cardiff
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by mayordee(m): 9:46pm On Sep 07, 2009
MrCrackles:

MrCrackles where is Oceana on the list?don't tell me u didnt go to oceana, think it is one of the biggest club in Cardiff, av not been to Number 10 but i promise to give it a try this weekend cheesy
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by MrCrackles(m): 9:58pm On Sep 07, 2009
mayordee:

MrCrackles where is Oceana on the list?don't tell me u didnt go to oceana, think it is one of the biggest club in Cardiff, av not been to Number 10 but i promise to give it a try this weekend cheesy
It changed from creation to Oceana just after i left. . .
I did it way back but it was called creation then
I left in 2006 wink
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by Hesperus(m): 10:02pm On Sep 07, 2009
MrCrackles:

It changed from Revolution to Oceana just after i left. . .
I did it way back but it was called Revo's then. . .Revolution!
I left in 2006 wink

No, it was called Creation back then. Revs is still the same. wink

mayordee:

Even Oceana has its days, anything outside thursdays and saturdays is a no-no! No. 10 is aight, but dont hold your breath.
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by MrCrackles(m): 10:03pm On Sep 07, 2009
Hesperus:

No, it was called Creation back then. Revs is still the same.  wink
Yeah yeah my bad. . . CREATION was the name! wink
There is a weatherspoon just after it going up towards the hilton
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by kadman(m): 10:11pm On Sep 07, 2009
MrCrackles:

WTF shocked shocked shocked shocked
There is nowhere called Wolverhapton in the UK
It is Wolverhampton

@ MrCrackles. . God bless you

Olu Mike,even if you can't speak / write correct English,you also can't spell the name of the Uni you claim you went to ? You do well o

@ remoranger and people who made shots at me,you guys are the reason everything / everyone in Nigeria is half baked.

Poster,as I said before no job comes instantly anywhere in the world,economic downturn or not,going for Masters is just self development,and an extra measure to build your future.
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by justwise(m): 10:25pm On Sep 07, 2009
amobii:

Hello Nairalanders,I entered UK in 2007 with a 2 years student visa to study (Bsc.) Business Studies, when i came in i discovered that it was not easy to go to school and work, couple with the fact that school fees would not be easy to pay, as £8000 per session. I took a break from the university to work for a while, though i gave them another reason for taking the break. I later discovered another University that allow an instalment payment and do not disturb international students till they finish their programme, then applied for the next admission. I worked for 1 year and later started the university to study Business and Marketing Management (MA) with new university.
The authority caught me for working more than hrs required for student during the term-time in july, they seized my pali and the case is still in court, my programme finish this month and i  hope to submit my thesis b/4 d case. I don't know what to do, should i voluntary return home (Naija) as  i understand things are difficult there or i should wait for the outcome of the case.
Please i need your help.
Just finish your thesis and submit, don't run back to Nigeria untill your case is decided, they will give u back your passport as soon as your course ended, giving u some weeks to leave the country, if u left for Nigeria without sorting it out  that doesn't mean that u are free. Just concerntrate now and finish your course and see what the out come will be.
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by mayordee(m): 10:37pm On Sep 07, 2009
kadman:

@ MrCrackles. . God bless you

Olu Mike,even if you can't speak / write correct English,you also can't spell the name of the Uni you claim you went to ? You do well o

@ remoranger and people who made shots at me,you guys are the reason everything / everyone in Nigeria is half baked.

Poster,as I said before no job comes instantly anywhere in the world,economic downturn or not,going for Masters is just self development,and an extra measure to build your future.
Word
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by mayordee(m): 10:44pm On Sep 07, 2009
MrCrackles:

It changed from creation to Oceana just after i left. . .
I did it way back but it was called creation then
I left in 2006 wink

2006? that is a long time man, was still in Unilag chasing Moremi gals grin
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by MrCrackles(m): 10:49pm On Sep 07, 2009
mayordee:

I went to Cardiff in 2002. . . 4yr degree course with a yr out in the industry!
Enjoyed it though. . . That was when it was always thumping, not sure about now! wink
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by Hesperus(m): 10:53pm On Sep 07, 2009
MrCrackles:

Yeah yeah my bad. . . CREATION was the name! wink
There is a weatherspoon just after it going up towards the hilton

True!

mayordee:

You go lag, which dept? Went to lag as well.
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by mayordee(m): 11:13pm On Sep 07, 2009
MrCrackles:

I went to Cardiff in 2002. . . 4yr degree course with a yr out in the industry!
Enjoyed it though. . . That was when it was always thumping, not sure about now! wink

Cardiff is so boring now, i spend most of my time in London dis days but av got to endure the boring city for another 2wks before i hand in my dissertation
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by mayordee(m): 11:14pm On Sep 07, 2009
Hesperus:

True!
You go lag, which dept? Went to lag as well.
Yes boss, Psychology
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by erico2k2(m): 11:15pm On Sep 07, 2009
Hello Nairalanders,

I entered UK in 2007 with a 2 years student visa to study (Bsc.) Business Studies, when i came in i discovered that it was not easy to go to school and work, couple with the fact that school fees would not be easy to pay, as £8000 per session. I took a break from the university to work for a while, though i gave them another reason for taking the break. I later discovered another University that allow an instalment payment and do not disturb international students till they finish their programme, then applied for the next admission. I worked for 1 year and later started the university to study Business and Marketing Management (MA) with new university.
The authority caught me for working more than hrs required for student during the term-time in july, they seized my pali and the case is still in court, my programme finish this month and i  hope to submit my thesis b/4 d case. I don't know what to do, should i voluntary return home (Naija) as  i understand things are difficult there or i should wait for the outcome of the case.

Please i need your help.

uy you need to wait for thte outcome which you already know, you just need to go underground oh,man nobody warn U with jabing with you real Ode? ur NI n tax contribution go Bleep U up nah, so now you just need to change location and name, you code?
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by erico2k2(m): 11:31pm On Sep 07, 2009
The poster asked about jobs after graduation,he said nothing about working and schooling,please don't discourage anyone because it didn't happen for you. Erico2k2, your own location says UK and you're here telling someone not to travel ?

@ Kadman
  U know that Old story  about mother Pig  and lil Pig eh? this is a perfect example,you wan this guy to leave his freedom which comes with a good pay for a controled society with no prospect eh? for the ammount he earns he dont deserve stop and search,or to live in a small room ie the smallest room in London cost (£350)a month on average (4 ceilings  lol) and you got limited time to work as a student, work more than that, you've broken the terms  and agreement of your VISA  and you are liable to be deported ot removed as they have fancyfully named it  lol, Mr kadma I have been in the Uk for 8 yrs I definately know what Im talking about,I know my Onions very well,hustling here no B moi moi,U got to squeeze water from stone oh ask MR crackles if I lie.
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by mayordee(m): 11:35pm On Sep 07, 2009
erico2k2:

Hello Nairalanders,

Please i need your help.

uy you need to wait for the outcome which you already know, you just need to go underground oh,man nobody warn U with jabing with you real Ode? your NI n tax contribution go Bleep U up nah, so now you just need to change location and name, you code?
He is even lucky that they didnt deport him straight, i remember sometime around March a Nigerian dude in my school was deported straight away from the factory place wey him dey jab, NI alone will tell if u are working full time
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by mayordee(m): 11:44pm On Sep 07, 2009
erico2k2:

The poster asked about jobs after graduation,he said nothing about working and schooling,please don't discourage anyone because it didn't happen for you. Erico2k2, your own location says UK and you're here telling someone not to travel ?

@ Kadman
  U know that Old story  about mother Pig  and lil Pig eh? this is a perfect example,you wan this guy to leave his freedom which comes with a good pay for a controled society with no prospect eh? for the ammount he earns he dont deserve stop and search,or to live in a small room ie the smallest room in London cost (£350)a month on average (4 ceilings  lol) and you got limited time to work as a student, work more than that, you've broken the terms  and agreement of your VISA  and you are liable to be deported ot removed as they have fancyfully named it  lol, Mr kadma I have been in the Uk for 8 yrs I definately know what Im talking about,I know my Onions very well,hustling here no B moi moi,U got to squeeze water from stone oh ask MR crackles if I lie.
grin grin grin, no be lie at all, i av never hustle in my life until i got to UK, last xmas, i use to hustle 9am-5pm, then i rest for 3hrs to start another shift 10pm-6am for a whole month, no be moimoi at all, @ poster its ur choice man, just follow ur mind and God will surely see u thru
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by MrCrackles(m): 11:53pm On Sep 07, 2009
erico2k2:

hustling here no B moi moi,U got to squeeze water from stone oh ask MR crackles if I lie.
Are you mad?
Who told you i know about hustling? grin
U must be out of your pants and off your brain!
I dont know about hustling but big ups to ya all who have to do it. . . . Its a different ball game for me no disrespect!
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by justwise(m): 12:00am On Sep 08, 2009
MrCrackles:

Are you mad?
[b]Who told you i know about hustling? grin
U must be out of your pants and off your brain![/b]I dont know about hustling but big ups to ya all who have to do it. . . . Its a different ball game for me no disrespect!

Hahahaha, u got me cracking now

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" / First Bank Is Recruiting Tellers!!!!!! / Employment Opportunity In Days Hotel Montreal Canada!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.