Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

12 Million Cars Owners In Nigeria Use Fake Insurance Cover- Senate - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 12 Million Cars Owners In Nigeria Use Fake Insurance Cover- Senate (9092 Views)

Ford Recalls 1.4 MILLION Cars Because The Steering Wheel Can Come Off(photos / 12 Million Nigerian Motorists Carry Fake Insurance Papers / Toyota Camry & Venza Owners Spent Up To 30minutes Arguing Over A Narrow Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Million Cars Owners In Nigeria Use Fake Insurance Cover- Senate by erico2k2(m): 11:44pm On Jun 09, 2016
AntiWailer:

Your insurance premium that you will pay is between 3.5 - 5% of the value you placed on the car.

and yes, you will be given the equal value of your car less some small percentage.

lets say like 90-95% of the value of your car. the percentage off it can as a result of some minor deductions or charges.

Talk to an insurance broker.

When you have an accident, it might not be just your car which gets damaged, you might have an Injury, who pays for that.your insurance should be able to get the money they pay you from the insurance company of the third party.This where legislature comes in.
You keep paying same premium for 10 years without no discount,there should be no claims bonus introduced if there is non again this has to do with appropriate legislature.
Re: 12 Million Cars Owners In Nigeria Use Fake Insurance Cover- Senate by AntiWailer: 1:04am On Jun 10, 2016
erico2k2:

When you have an accident, it might not be just your car which gets damaged, you might have an Injury, who pays for that.your insurance should be able to get the money they pay you from the insurance company of the third party.This where legislature comes in.
You keep paying same premium for 10 years without no discount, there should be no claims bonus introduced if there is non again this has to do with appropriate legislature.

Reading the bolded, it shows u are extremely ignorant.

For ur information u decide ur premium, u value ur car and based on that the premium is calculated. BESIDES that, from depreciation calculation u cnt pay same premium for 10years. (That is not possible)

Once again u are caught lieing out of mischief and ignorance.

Engaging u further is a waste of precious time.

I am done
Re: 12 Million Cars Owners In Nigeria Use Fake Insurance Cover- Senate by AntiWailer: 1:09am On Jun 10, 2016
erico2k2:

let me go with your calculation let me work on %5,assuming your car cost N1M,then your premium would be N50k divide by 12 =N4k
Now that's if for a camry 2000 model
lets assume you have toyota highlander 2005 valued @ N3M so that takes it to N12K monthly.
Does anybody pay u p to this amount, how much is your own premium, lets work with your figures.

I pay more than 12k monthly on one of my cars. Your small mind can not concieve these things we are explaining.

I think I should stop wasting time replying u.

You have goofed and lied on what u dnt understand.

Keep quiet in shame instead of exposing urself the more.
Re: 12 Million Cars Owners In Nigeria Use Fake Insurance Cover- Senate by erico2k2(m): 6:35am On Jun 10, 2016
AntiWailer:

I pay more than 12k monthly on one of my cars. Your small mind can not concieve these things we are explaining.

I think I should stop wasting time replying u.

You have goofed and lied on what u dnt understand.

Keep quiet in shame instead of exposing urself the more.

You are such a bad liar my friend, I have been paying insurance for that past 15 years on cars i have driven,Nigerians result to insults when connered, You calim you pay N12K monthly in one of your carssss realy grin grin grin grin
Re: 12 Million Cars Owners In Nigeria Use Fake Insurance Cover- Senate by AntiWailer: 6:43am On Jun 10, 2016
erico2k2:

You are such a bad liar my friend, I have been paying insurance for that past 15 years on cars i have driven,Nigerians result to insults when connered, You calim you pay N12K monthly in one of your carssss realy grin grin grin grin

U asked question if anybody pay up to 12k a month as insurance and I said yes I pay more then 12 k a month on one of my cars going by how much I pay per annum.

It might be too big for ur mind but over 12k average monthly cover for a car with headlight over 80k is a wise thing to do.

I remembered u asked about a taxi cover. I am sorry not everybody drives a 300k taxi.

If u have been paying insurance for the past 15 years and u pay THE SAME premium for 10 years as claimed (No depreciation on any of the cars ?)
it shows u are a liar and probably paying such in Libya not Nigeria. Also, you will not be this clueless about the subject matter.

Stop miss informing people on what u know nothing about.
Re: 12 Million Cars Owners In Nigeria Use Fake Insurance Cover- Senate by erico2k2(m): 6:43am On Jun 10, 2016
AntiWailer:

Reading the bolded, it shows u are extremely ignorant.

For ur information u decide ur premium, u value ur car and based on that the premium is calculated. BESIDES that, from depreciation calculation u cnt pay same premium for 10years. (That is not possible)

Once again u are caught lieing out of mischief and ignorance.

Engaging u further is a waste of precious time.

I am done

You decide what premium you PAY FOR YOUR CAR
Plz I need anyone here who pays insurance for thier car to hear this,
for you information since you have no clue let me educate you a bit,
The Insurance company gives you a questioner to fill orally or in paper, they judge your risk and give you prices for various level of cover
You get comprehensive
Third party,fire and theft
you chose waht one you are going to take.
You chose to A Pay in full
B pay monthly if offered
if you pay monthly it means you go fru an underwriter who pays your insurer in full and loans you the money to pay monthly and adds their interest to your monthly instalment.
if you do not have these options then you go fru a broker.
YOung men will fro insults just to hide their ignorance especially when they have been found out,no constructive argument to explore teh unknown.STOP MISLEADING PEOPLE
Re: 12 Million Cars Owners In Nigeria Use Fake Insurance Cover- Senate by AntiWailer: 6:49am On Jun 10, 2016
erico2k2:

You decide what premium you PAY FOR YOUR CAR
Plz I need anyone here who pays insurance for thier car to hear this,
for you information since you have no clue let me educate you a bit,
The Insurance company gives you a questioner to fill orally or in paper, they judge your risk and give you prices for various level of cover
You get comprehensive
Third party,fire and theft
you chose waht one you are going to take.
You chose to A Pay in full
B pay monthly if offered
if you pay monthly it means you go fru an underwriter who pays your insurer in full and loans you the money to pay monthly and adds their interest to your monthly instalment.
if you do not have these options then you go fru a broker.
YOung men will fro insults just to hide their ignorance especially when they have been found out,no constructive argument to explore teh unknown.STOP MISLEADING PEOPLE

At times Google can be misleading cos the quality of the information is a function of the ignorant provider of such info.

By saying u decide ur premium is simple. Comprehensive insurance is fixed at a standard percentage by the insurance company let's say 5%.

I can decide to value my 10 million car for 6million and pay premium on the 6 million

I can value my 1 million car for 2million.

Calculate 5% on 10, 6 , 1 and 2 million and tell me who decide how much premium I pay on my car ?

Nd no insurance company in Nigeria will allow u pay monthly, u might pay in 2 or 3 installments not monthly.

I am not talking theory here or waiting for legislation. I am talking about what I pay and claim when the need arises.

So dnt believe everything u copy and paste from Google.
Re: 12 Million Cars Owners In Nigeria Use Fake Insurance Cover- Senate by erico2k2(m): 8:47am On Jun 10, 2016
AntiWailer:

At times Google can be misleading cos the quality of the information is a function of the ignorant provider of such info.

By saying u decide ur premium is simple. Comprehensive insurance is fixed at a standard percentage by the insurance company let's say 5%.

I can decide to value my 10 million car for 6million and pay premium on the 6 million

I can value my 1 million car for 2million.

Calculate 5% on 10, 6 , 1 and 2 million and tell me who decide how much premium I pay on my car ?

Nd no insurance company in Nigeria will allow u pay monthly, u might pay in 2 or 3 installments not monthly.

I am not talking theory here or waiting for legislation. I am talking about what I pay and claim when the need arises.

So dnt believe everything u copy and paste from Google.
Guy I live and work in the uk I ha e driven for 15 years so why do you think I need Google when you cannot drive without insurance?
You made a point that no inssurer will allow you pay installments. Good this is why we need a new law to make is have underwriters same as we have in the west. That way the average earner can insure thier car.It would be more attractive and sideline the fakers.
Re: 12 Million Cars Owners In Nigeria Use Fake Insurance Cover- Senate by AntiWailer: 9:11am On Jun 10, 2016
erico2k2:

Guy I live and work in the uk I ha e driven for 15 years so why do you think I need Google when you cannot drive without insurance?
You made a point that no inssurer will allow you pay installments. Good this is why we need a new law to make is have underwriters same as we have in the west. That way the average earner can insure thier car.It would be more attractive and sideline the fakers.

U live and work in UK and u are arguing blindly about what is going on in Nigeria.

What I submitted was that if u know what u stand to gain by insuring ur car, u dnt av to do a fake insurance because when they hit ur car, the fake insurer will not give u fake currency to fix it.

So legislation or no legislation, I can not put an uninsured car on Nigerian road.
Re: 12 Million Cars Owners In Nigeria Use Fake Insurance Cover- Senate by erico2k2(m): 10:15am On Jun 10, 2016
AntiWailer:

U live and work in UK and u are arguing blindly about what is going on in Nigeria.

What I submitted was that if u know what u stand to gain by insuring ur car, u dnt av to do a fake insurance because when they hit ur car, the fake insurer will not give u fake currency to fix it.

So legislation or no legislation, I can not put an uninsured car on Nigerian road.
Excuse me I drive in Nigeria as well and I can extend my insurance down there to 3rd party.
All what you said do not address what I have raised.
If insurance is flexible there would be no need for fakes simple.
Another question what happens if you hit a car and it's ur fault

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Normal To Drain Transmission Fluid (gearbox Fluid) Every 4 Months? / Symptoms Of A Bad Or Failing Anti-lock Fuse Or Relay / David Oyedepo Car Collection: Why He Has So Many Luxury Cars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.