Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,775 members, 7,820,713 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? (23082 Views)

New CBN Policy; Banks Now Charge N50 Monthly For Debit Cards? / Pls Help Is it Safe To Invest My School Fees On MMM? / Banks Now Charge #100 /#105 For Fund Transfer Within Same Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by emvico(m): 7:22am On Jun 09, 2016
this good for both you and KONGA
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by meezynetwork(m): 7:22am On Jun 09, 2016
It has always been like that on Konga and jumia if the items are from different merchants. But if its from only Konga, it will be one delivery charge.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by oshdot(m): 7:22am On Jun 09, 2016
Bro you have got to be specific, were the three items sold by different sellers? If yes, then obviously you have got to pay shipment fee for each of the items as some of this items sold by third parties are not even in custody of konga.

I recently bought about 5 different items - all sold by konga, and guess what, I was only charged N1000 as shipment fee.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Plumcherry: 7:22am On Jun 09, 2016
Worse is that they slash the price of a good, only to add the slash to the shipping fee. Imagine charging 3,000 naira for the shipping of one tiny item.

1 Like

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Questyjayblack(m): 7:22am On Jun 09, 2016
I've stopped buying stuff from there since. When shipping is more than the price of the item. Change indeed
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Iamoilprince(m): 7:23am On Jun 09, 2016
bongolistik:
Do you believe that Konga now knows nothing again about consolidation of multiple items before delivery as they now charge full and separate delivery fees on each of the multiple items you buy on their site?

Imagine I recently wanted to buy 3 separate items from Konga on a single purchase; one is phone battery for N3,800 the other is a pair of jean trouser for N3,500 and the third is USB data cable for N700 and when I was about to check out, I noticed that Konga has added N1,000 each on the items as delivery fee, totalling N3,000 for the delivery charges and that was how I quickly terminated the order.

It seems Konga are failing to realise that they have competitors.

We are enduring the fact that they have recently hiked delivery fees on their items and then come again to notice this recent development.

It's now hightime person began to boycott shopping from Konga if they continue this way.

They even failed to realise that at times people shop for multiple items just because of leverage on delivery fees, but they have now defeated that aim by charging full seperate fees to deliver multiple items made on single purchase.

Would you have gone ahead with the purchase if you were in my shoes?

Source: http://highteknology.com/2016/06/konga-is-losing-it-all-by-doing-this-on.html

U simly bought from different sellers! Konga is a market place where they have different sellers. If all the items were from the same seller maybe you could call the seller to negotiate

2 Likes

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by adanny01(m): 7:23am On Jun 09, 2016
The only thing i ever bought from Konga was out of stock on Jumia.

Delivery is the only reason i never buy from Konga.

1 Like

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Maximus85(m): 7:26am On Jun 09, 2016
I dumped Konga a very long time ago.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by amclimax(m): 7:26am On Jun 09, 2016
Why shop online when I still get leg..... Say no to laziness and technology slave
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by nineville(m): 7:27am On Jun 09, 2016
The reason konga charged you differently was perhaps the 3 items came from different sellers.
you can confirm?? just view each of the item seller/marketer/distributor/promoter
recently I bought 12 same phone brands from them, still charged only a single courier cost.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by seunlayi(m): 7:28am On Jun 09, 2016
It had happened to me before, I punished them by bit cancelling the transaction, I waited to their delivery agent called that he was at my bustop, I asked him and he confirmed that the five items I ordered were to by charged up to a turn of 6k +. I laughed at him and told him to go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Figs(m): 7:35am On Jun 09, 2016
wetin consyn me
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by marlockj: 7:36am On Jun 09, 2016
whizqueen:
What you people may not understand is konga is a marketplace where we have thousands of sellers or do you think konga own all the products you see that's displayed on their site? Even jumia doesn't! Some merchants are in Lagos and some are not in Lagos.

Where you ordered for 5 items it could be from five different merchants. With 5 different order number, every merchant ships differently or do you expect the merchant in Lagos island and one in mushin then the other one in surulere to start hooking up with themselves just because they want to ship your order?

If you order from same seller, you will be charged one shipping fee. If you order from konga itself you will be charged one shipping fee. Try it out and tell me if it doesn't appear that way!

And for those or y'all shouting jumia, jumia charges delivery fee based on weight while konga charges with distance. If you want to see Jumia's craziness on shipping fee, order for a washing machine, fridge and flat screen TV then check out the delivery fee. undecided

By the way I'm not a staff of konga. I'm just a merchant on both platforms so I know how it works.
Adios

Bt it was not so before...Cuz I Hv order from 5 different b4

2 Likes

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by hizaya61(m): 7:40am On Jun 09, 2016
subsidy removal
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by SUGARDADDY55(m): 7:40am On Jun 09, 2016
I notice d same thing and I quickly terminate d deal wt a speed of light. I quickly went to d market straight b4 any body convince me

1 Like

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by nek12: 7:43am On Jun 09, 2016
lyterydim:
Please someone help..I know it has Notting to do with the topic at hand.....am in mocambique in South of Africa....I sent one of my friend 100usd tru western union to ecobank nigeria, after charging me 15 usd for transfer fee...with the intention that I usd is 300 which shud be around 25k in naira...ecobank end up giving him 12000k...is it tru or my friend is trying to be smart....because I asked him to take 8k and give my brother the remaining balance. .I know my English may be weird but English is not my native language.

Ask your questions on travel section but I doubt if ecobank will give him 12k cos the central bank dollar rate is N199 or so. If you had sent the dollar to his dollar account then he would be able to exchange it at a higher rate.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by whizqueen(f): 7:43am On Jun 09, 2016
marlockj:

Bt it was not so before...Cuz I Hv order from 5 different b4
It wasn't 5 different sellers. It could be 5 different items from one seller.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Bgorgeous: 7:45am On Jun 09, 2016
With the rate the economy is going, all the online shops with their chinko products will remain non existent to me o
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by annnikky(f): 7:45am On Jun 09, 2016
whizqueen:
What you people may not understand is konga is a marketplace where we have thousands of sellers or do you think konga own all the products you see that's displayed on their site? Even jumia doesn't! Some merchants are in Lagos and some are not in Lagos.

Where you ordered for 5 items it could be from five different merchants. With 5 different order number, every merchant ships differently or do you expect the merchant in Lagos island and one in mushin then the other one in surulere to start hooking up with themselves just because they want to ship your order?

If you order from same seller, you will be charged one shipping fee. If you order from konga itself you will be charged one shipping fee. Try it out and tell me if it doesn't appear that way!

And for those or y'all shouting jumia, jumia charges delivery fee based on weight while konga charges with distance. If you want to see Jumia's craziness on shipping fee, order for a washing machine, fridge and flat screen TV then check out the delivery fee. undecided

By the way I'm not a staff of konga. I'm just a merchant on both platforms so I know how it works.
Adios
This happened to me cos I ordered six different shoes in konga n they charged me each #750 n d most annoying part of it was d@ I orderer a sandal of size 39 n they delivered size 40 n I've already laid a complained to d seller n Konga, they promised to swap it buh still waiting 4 them to fulfil their promise
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Temidayo9(m): 7:46am On Jun 09, 2016
KONGA still cheaper interms of shipment fee compare to Jumia, imagine i wanted to order for item cost #900 on jumia and shipping fee was #3880 for 1 item. And if you think Konga is more expensive, just compare both using their app on your phone, you will know the difference.

1 Like

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by gulfer: 7:47am On Jun 09, 2016
Now we are aware of this at Jumia, we will start multiple delivery charges for items in one order grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by whizqueen(f): 7:47am On Jun 09, 2016
seunlayi:
It had happened to me before, I punished them by bit cancelling the transaction, I waited to their delivery agent called that he was at my bustop, I asked him and he confirmed that the five items I ordered were to by charged up to a turn of 6k +. I laughed at him and told him to go
Just imagine what you're doing and you're happy about it undecided
When you notice the delivery fee and you weren't OK with it why did you ask him to come?
Its people like your that frustrate someone's hustle and take online shopping as a joke undecided

Or you think it's robots that is doing the job?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Queengal: 7:47am On Jun 09, 2016
No be change? Abeg use jumia and 4 get about konga
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by whizqueen(f): 7:49am On Jun 09, 2016
annnikky:

This happened to me cos I ordered six different shoes in konga n they charged me each #750 n d most annoying part of it was d@ I orderer a sandal of size 39 n they delivered size 40 n I've already laid a complained to d seller n Konga, they promised to swap it buh still waiting 4 them to fulfil their promise
If they agreed to change it, they will.

By the way I'm not konga staff.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Temidayo9(m): 7:52am On Jun 09, 2016
adanny01:
The only thing i ever bought from Konga was out of stock on Jumia.

Delivery is the only reason i never buy from Konga.
I guess your last shopping was 2015. Recently Jumia shipment fee is outrageous compare to Konga. #900 item , shipment #3880 on Jumia. Konga sell thesame item #900 and the shipment is #1k. So compare the two.

1 Like

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by annnikky(f): 7:53am On Jun 09, 2016
whizqueen:

If they agreed to change it, they will.

By the way I'm not konga staff.
U've said d@ already xo am not complaining 4 u to help out just telling u wat happened to me. Tnx
They promised this wk sha
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by frubben(m): 7:54am On Jun 09, 2016
I will revoke their license of online trading grin
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Fogman(m): 7:54am On Jun 09, 2016
bongolistik:
Do you believe that Konga now knows nothing again about consolidation of multiple items before delivery as they now charge full and separate delivery fees on each of the multiple items you buy on their site?

Imagine I recently wanted to buy 3 separate items from Konga on a single purchase; one is phone battery for N3,800 the other is a pair of jean trouser for N3,500 and the third is USB data cable for N700 and when I was about to check out, I noticed that Konga has added N1,000 each on the items as delivery fee, totalling N3,000 for the delivery charges and that was how I quickly terminated the order.

We are enduring the fact that they have recently hiked delivery fees on their items and then come again to notice this recent development.

It's now hightime person began to boycott shopping from Konga if they continue this way.

They even failed to realise that at times people shop for multiple items just because of leverage on delivery fees, but they have now defeated that aim by charging full seperate fees to deliver multiple items made on single purchase.

Source: http://highteknology.com/2016/06/konga-is-losing-it-all-by-doing-this-on.html

Items purchased by you is most probably sold by different sellers on Konga and each will be delivered to you separately by the sellers, hence the reason for separate delivery charges
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Leorichy: 7:57am On Jun 09, 2016
bongolistik:

your own better,wanna order for an item on jumia,it cost 2500,guess what,shipping fee is 3000+(am outside lagos) they are sucks
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by yunnyp(m): 7:58am On Jun 09, 2016
lyterydim:
Please someone help..I know it has Notting to do with the topic at hand.....am in mocambique in South of Africa....I sent one of my friend 100usd tru western union to ecobank nigeria, after charging me 15 usd for transfer fee...with the intention that I usd is 300 which shud be around 25k in naira...ecobank end up giving him 12000k...is it tru or my friend is trying to be smart....because I asked him to take 8k and give my brother the remaining balance. .I know my English may be weird but English is not my native language.

which date did you send the money to Western Union?

which date did your friend withdraw the money?
when did he call you?
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by saleskara: 8:08am On Jun 09, 2016
Kara offers a unique offer to this, what is happening could be related to you buying from different merchants, so the order is not grouped.

technically the checkout is separated for each merchant on the store, so you pay for the shipping per merchant or per item/merchant.

You can try www.kara.com.ng , our marketplace offers combined shipping.

bongolistik:

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Amaechi5(m): 8:11am On Jun 09, 2016
Before konga used to charge N1000 for all goods bought both merchant and konga itself, but since the turn of this year konga changed their delivery pattern. If you order from konga and different merchants, you will be charged separately and this made me to pend ordering goods from konga.

Konga have been calling me multiple times like dstv why i haven't ordered any product from them since this year.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Crypto Exchanges Stop Selling USDT/USDC In Naira / Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World / How Can I Get To Togo From Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.