Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? (23084 Views)

New CBN Policy; Banks Now Charge N50 Monthly For Debit Cards? / Pls Help Is it Safe To Invest My School Fees On MMM? / Banks Now Charge #100 /#105 For Fund Transfer Within Same Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 09, 2016
BadIntentionz:
But I bought 5 different items from Kong and was charged 1000 ford delivery to calabar?

Ordered 2more and was charged same 1k. So I'm worried about this report sef
the devil of yesterday is defferent from the devil of 2day!
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by teewazup: 8:19am On Jun 09, 2016
I only bought once from them and I CANNOT BUY FROM THEM AGAIN.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by maxti: 8:21am On Jun 09, 2016
lyterydim:
Please someone help..I know it has Notting to do with the topic at hand.....am in mocambique in South of Africa....I sent one of my friend 100usd tru western union to ecobank nigeria, after charging me 15 usd for transfer fee...with the intention that I usd is 300 which shud be around 25k in naira...ecobank end up giving him 12000k...is it tru or my friend is trying to be smart....because I asked him to take 8k and give my brother the remaining balance. .I know my English may be weird but English is not my native language.

The bank would pay ur friend official market rate. Not parallel market rate.

1 Like

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by olu4life(m): 8:22am On Jun 09, 2016
whizqueen:
What you people may not understand is konga is a marketplace where we have thousands of sellers or do you think konga own all the products you see that's displayed on their site? Even jumia doesn't! Some merchants are in Lagos and some are not in Lagos.

When you ordered for 5 items it could be from five different merchants. With 5 different order number, every merchant ships differently or do you expect the merchant in Lagos island and one in mushin then the other one in surulere to start hooking up with themselves just because they want to ship your order?

If you order from same seller, you will be charged one shipping fee. If you order from konga itself you will be charged one shipping fee. Try it out and tell me if it doesn't appear that way!

And for those or y'all shouting jumia, jumia charges delivery fee based on weight while konga charges with distance. If you want to see Jumia's craziness on shipping fee, order for a washing machine, fridge and flat screen TV then check out the delivery fee. undecided

By the way I'm not a staff of konga. I'm just a merchant on both platforms so I know how it works.
Adios
Oga say what you know, there is no delivery charge for items worth more than #25k. Its all inclusive with the rate of buying cos i use jumia alot. Except it was changed in the last 3months. Bye
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 09, 2016
stop misinforming people.

Konga is a marketplace. people all over Nigeria are selling on konga, just like aliexpress.

you might be ordering four items all from different sellers. one seller can be in ikeja in lagos another in isolo in lagos, another in port harcourt and another in abuja.

So u expect all four sellers should wait for each other and send it to a central distribution center before shipping to customer. that is a wate of time for you the customer and waste of money too. you guys should be fair in ur analysis.

if you're shopping even 200 items from just one store, one shipping fee would cover everything. so thats how it works

1 Like

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 09, 2016
BrAkingNews:
Konga is truly crazy. This is madness of the highest order.

How do you mean? You re the one who is too lazy to go to a phone shop to buy phone.

You employ their services to choose and deliver a phone for you, it is not free so stop nagging>

Enjoy the exploitation. YOU ASKED FOR IT. grin angry

1 Like

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by maxti: 8:29am On Jun 09, 2016
olu4life:

Oga say what you know, there is no delivery charge for items worth more than #25k. Its all inclusive with the rate of buying cos i use jumia alot. Except it was changed in the last 3months. Bye

Order for an Inverter Battery and check the delivery charge
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by LEXYCOM: 8:31am On Jun 09, 2016
Maybe the delivery man will knock at ur door three times, representing 3 items u purchase
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Samtoby(m): 8:43am On Jun 09, 2016
bongolistik:
Do you believe that Konga now knows nothing again about consolidation of multiple items before delivery as they now charge full and separate delivery fees on each of the multiple items you buy on their site?

Imagine I recently wanted to buy 3 separate items from Konga on a single purchase; one is phone battery for N3,800 the other is a pair of jean trouser for N3,500 and the third is USB data cable for N700 and when I was about to check out, I noticed that Konga has added N1,000 each on the items as delivery fee, totalling N3,000 for the delivery charges and that was how I quickly terminated the order.

It seems Konga are failing to realise that they have competitors.

We are enduring the fact that they have recently hiked delivery fees on their items and then come again to notice this recent development.

It's now hightime person began to boycott shopping from Konga if they continue this way.

They even failed to realise that at times people shop for multiple items just because of leverage on delivery fees, but they have now defeated that aim by charging full seperate fees to deliver multiple items made on single purchase.

Would you have gone ahead with the purchase if you were in my shoes?

Source: http://highteknology.com/2016/06/konga-is-losing-it-all-by-doing-this-on.html

You have it wrong bro, each merchant have they own delivery charge with is 1k or 3k for towns... If all the 3 items are from one merchant, they will den collate it and charge 1k for the delivery.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by lyterydim(m): 8:59am On Jun 09, 2016
yunnyp:

which date did you send the money to Western Union?

which date did your friend withdraw the money?
when did he call you?
I sent him the money on 21st of last month he withdraw it same day
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by lyterydim(m): 9:01am On Jun 09, 2016
nek12:

Ask your questions on travel section but I doubt if ecobank will give him 12k cos the central bank dollar rate is N199 or so. If you had sent the dollar to his dollar account then he would be able to exchange it at a higher rate.
brother thanks...what's the rate in black market
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by adanny01(m): 9:03am On Jun 09, 2016
Temidayo9:

I guess your last shopping was 2015. Recently Jumia shipment fee is outrageous compare to Konga. #900 item , shipment #3880 on Jumia. Konga sell thesame item #900 and the shipment is #1k. So compare the two.

Each time i wanted to buy anything online, i do check the price in Jumia and Konga. Jumia is always cheaper on most items. I have never seen any item on Konga that was cheaper than on Jumia.

Secondly, shipping on Konga is a fixed price usually round up to the nearest N100 like N1,000. The real reason i hardly buy from Konga is that the delivery is charged per item. Even if the item is N500 you pay N1000 to ship. You buy 6 items at N2000 but pay N6000 for delivery. Also, there is no pick up station delivery in Konga which is actually a cheaper option. Jumia charges delivery for all items in an order. Anytime, i want to buy stuff, i consolidate them and make one order for several items which will be far cheaper than Konga. The jumia pick up station charge is even the best as i dont like people calling me or showing up at my office/home as my colleagues and neighbours looking wanting to see what i bought. It is also more convenient for multiple purchase to pick up at the same time when all have arrived.

Lastly, Jumia runs far more promotions than Konga. I have bought some things so cheap that one would think its a knock off. I used to get coupons regularly giving me very mouth watering discounts that are not available anywhere else. The best was a TV i bought which sold for 115k in LG showroom, 113k on Konga, 130k in Next cash and carry and 99k on jumia (with discount). Not mentioning free deliveries on uncountable items.

3 Likes

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by luluosas(m): 9:03am On Jun 09, 2016
bongolistik:
Do you believe that Konga now knows nothing again about consolidation of multiple items before delivery as they now charge full and separate delivery fees on each of the multiple items you buy on their site?

Imagine I recently wanted to buy 3 separate items from Konga on a single purchase; one is phone battery for N3,800 the other is a pair of jean trouser for N3,500 and the third is USB data cable for N700 and when I was about to check out, I noticed that Konga has added N1,000 each on the items as delivery fee, totalling N3,000 for the delivery charges and that was how I quickly terminated the order.

It seems Konga are failing to realise that they have competitors.

We are enduring the fact that they have recently hiked delivery fees on their items and then come again to notice this recent development.

It's now hightime person began to boycott shopping from Konga if they continue this way.

They even failed to realise that at times people shop for multiple items just because of leverage on delivery fees, but they have now defeated that aim by charging full seperate fees to deliver multiple items made on single purchase.

Would you have gone ahead with the purchase if you were in my shoes?

Source: http://highteknology.com/2016/06/konga-is-losing-it-all-by-doing-this-on.html
You are wrong. If those three items are sold by different vendors, you will be charged for shipment fees separately. But if the items are sold by the same vendor, you will be charged one shipment fees.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by EnterPRO: 9:08am On Jun 09, 2016
if Konga are reading this, they should create an option for buyers to select consolidated shipping or piecemeal shipping.

those that opt for consolidated shipping will pay less but wait longer for their goods to arrive. of course, pay on delivery won't be available for consolidated shipping so as to avoid high cancellations.

my 2 kobo.

1 Like

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Ayibaba1: 9:09am On Jun 09, 2016
I experienced it last year and i thought it was a system error until i called in and asked. The response i got shocked me that i rejected the order when it finally arrived. Since then i have been using jumia.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by nek12: 9:14am On Jun 09, 2016
lyterydim:
brother thanks...what's the rate in black market
is N370 today http://abokifx.com/
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by lyterydim(m): 9:21am On Jun 09, 2016
nek12:

is N370 today http://abokifx.com/
thanks
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by danxzy: 9:35am On Jun 09, 2016
pls how do u shop online? i have try so many ways but to no avail.
i even try if i can chat with them like YUDALA always do but to no avail
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by firstolalekan(m): 9:38am On Jun 09, 2016
[s]
whizqueen:
What you people may not understand is konga is a marketplace where we have thousands of sellers or do you think konga own all the products you see that's displayed on their site? Even jumia doesn't! Some merchants are in Lagos and some are not in Lagos.

When you ordered for 5 items it could be from five different merchants. With 5 different order number, every merchant ships differently or do you expect the merchant in Lagos island and one in mushin then the other one in surulere to start hooking up with themselves just because they want to ship your order?

If you order from same seller, you will be charged one shipping fee. If you order from konga itself you will be charged one shipping fee. Try it out and tell me if it doesn't appear that way!

And for those or y'all shouting jumia, jumia charges delivery fee based on weight while konga charges with distance. If you want to see Jumia's craziness on shipping fee, order for a washing machine, fridge and flat screen TV then check out the delivery fee. undecided

By the way I'm not a staff of konga. I'm just a merchant on both platforms so I know how it works.
Adios
[/s]
Rubbish!
Is that the reason they stopped the consolidation method that was on b4?
Who doesn't know that there are different merchants for items? They usually even state it when you check the details of them item.
There is no excuse to this nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Naavah(f): 9:42am On Jun 09, 2016
Delivery is even a small problem. Konga and substandard products. Poorly made shirts and skirts.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by bongolistik(m): 9:42am On Jun 09, 2016
whizqueen:

Adios
dear just cut us some slacks here and save your breath, Konga just started this random madness recently; before it was not so and how were they able to achieve it in the past, but coming now all of a sudden to start random madness
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by obagangan: 9:45am On Jun 09, 2016
konga has diaappointed me personally, I bougth a washing machine, the advert on the website is 7.2kg, I was not at home take delivery. on geting home I notice it was 4.2kg. it is also too small for my family to use. I I call for them to change it or I should add money to take a bgger one. in was ask to send piks that the seal has not been broken, I sent about 10 mail, I call also, they keep saying the didn't see my mail. not until I trenthen that I will post it on nairaland and. facebook. before the told me to return it.

I was given 48hrs to return it, mind u i was not even in lagos.

till today the machine is still der. my wife the recomend them and that has the account them can't even believe. she them call them tire.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by bongolistik(m): 9:45am On Jun 09, 2016
BadIntentionz:
But I bought 5 different items from Kong and was charged 1000 ford delivery to calabar?

Ordered 2more and was charged same 1k. So I'm worried about this report sef
When? This is a latest development and the only time they now charge the way you mentioned is if all 3 items you ordered are from the same seller
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by bongolistik(m): 9:48am On Jun 09, 2016
lalaboi:

This is because all the items on konga are not only sold by Konga. There are thousands of individual sellers on konga and each have their own delivery fees. So if you buy from seller A who sells shoes, he will charge his own delivery fees, If you buy phone battery from seller B, he will charge his own delivery fees. This is why orders get delivered at different times as there is also a self fulfill option for the sellers where they can deliver themselves and get their cash immediately without waiting for Konga to Remit to them

Sellers are allowed to charge for delivery or offer free delivery too. If you buy all your items from a particular seller, you don't get charged multiple delivery.
Are all the items on Jumia sold by Jumia?
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by bongolistik(m): 9:55am On Jun 09, 2016
Teddyg2:
If you order item that Konga is the seller, they we charge you for only single order but if you order item from Chinedu, Muhammad and Bola they we charge you differently and issue different receipt.
Benefit of it that I notice is, because of fast delivery, anyone of them that is ready can shipped is item on is own. But if it is to shipped together they we need to wait for all of them before shipping. So that cause delay shipment. Try to order different item that Konga is the seller they we charge u for single shipment. As a regular customer that what I notice. Hope it help
that is where the business wisdom comes in. Is it not better to delay your items a little in order to consolidate them and charge lesser delivery fee than to charge high and get the items to you one after the other. Which do you believe shoppers will prefer?

Mind you when they even deliver the items one after the other in order not to delay your delivery, the item you even needed urgently might be the one to arrive last.

2 Likes

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by bongolistik(m): 9:59am On Jun 09, 2016
amclimax:
Why shop online when I still get leg..... Say no to laziness and technology slave
Not really the way you think, sometimes the items you needed might only be available there. Like the phone battery, I have searched for it everywhere in PH but couldn't find it.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by bongolistik(m): 10:01am On Jun 09, 2016
nineville:
The reason konga charged you differently was perhaps the 3 items came from different sellers.
you can confirm?? just view each of the item seller/marketer/distributor/promoter
recently I bought 12 same phone brands from them, still charged only a single courier cost.
In the past it wasn't so, even if you bought the items from different sellers on Konga.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by bongolistik(m): 10:03am On Jun 09, 2016
nineville:
The reason konga charged you differently was perhaps the 3 items came from different sellers.
you can confirm?? just view each of the item seller/marketer/distributor/promoter
recently I bought 12 same phone brands from them, still charged only a single courier cost.
In the past it wasn't so, even if you bought the items from different sellers on Konga. And if you notice, Konga are becoming too lazy to stock their personal items, they now rely heavily on third party sellers. This is killing their business if you ask me
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by donvicky2007: 10:04am On Jun 09, 2016
CARLOSZ:
Use jumia or dealdey, problem solved

Konga still have cheaper delivery fees to compared with jumia and dealday.

But Op should check if it was system malfunction(error) but if it persist please find your cuberoot.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by bongolistik(m): 10:12am On Jun 09, 2016
booqee:
stop misinforming people.

Konga is a marketplace. people all over Nigeria are selling on konga, just like aliexpress.

you might be ordering four items all from different sellers. one seller can be in ikeja in lagos another in isolo in lagos, another in port harcourt and another in abuja.

So u expect all four sellers should wait for each other and send it to a central distribution center before shipping to customer. that is a wate of time for you the customer and waste of money too. you guys should be fair in ur analysis.

if you're shopping even 200 items from just one store, one shipping fee would cover everything. so thats how it works
lady nobody is mis-informing anybody here and it is not today that we started shopping on Konga. Formerly it wasn't so and that is the point here
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by charlsecy(m): 10:18am On Jun 09, 2016
carlzy:
Whenever I make an attempt to place an order on Konga.com, I keep getting a standard delivery price of 3000 for just an item.
I stay in Nkpor in Idemili North Local Government (LG), an Onitsha suburb.

Delivery to any location in Idemili North from Konga is billed at N3,000. So what I do to reduce the charge to N1,000 is I choose Onitsha North or South as my LG, but still use my Nkpor (Idemili North) address. On the final address which is printed on the invoice, LG doesn't appear, just my Nkpor address.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by bongolistik(m): 10:19am On Jun 09, 2016
EnterPRO:
if Konga are reading this, they should create an option for buyers to select consolidated shipping or piecemeal shipping.

those that opt for consolidated shipping will pay less but wait longer for their goods to arrive. of course, pay on delivery won't be available for consolidated shipping so as to avoid high cancellations.

my 2 kobo.
your head is very correct and that is just what many people here don't know. You just have to be creative and offer the best to your customers if you want to keep them coming. You sure have business acumen and not what many are here shouting that I am wrong. And the funny thing is that in the past it wasn't even so. So is Konga going forward or backward or is Change also affecting them?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Crypto Exchanges Stop Selling USDT/USDC In Naira / Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World / How Can I Get To Togo From Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.