Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,432 members, 7,836,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Remember Your History And Cover Yourselves [PHOTO] - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Remember Your History And Cover Yourselves [PHOTO] (1362 Views)

What Is The Funniest Thing You Can Remember Your Mom/dad For. / Remember Your Lost Friends. Dead Or Alive.(tribute) / Do You Still Remember Your First Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remember Your History And Cover Yourselves [PHOTO] by Davvymavvy(f): 6:31pm On Jun 08, 2016
I keep trying to tell black women that the reason they feel compelled walking around half naked, showing their bodies and see nothing wrong with it is because it was beaten and force upon them during slavery. You are doing EXACTLY what your slave masters FORCED you to do many years ago! The slave masters used this as a tactic to shame the blacks, to break them, and also getting them to submit. With shackles on their feet and whips on their backs, they had no choice. Now we walk around half naked because we are BROKEN and we have NO shame. We have forgotten that we are LADIES and NOT bad bitches. We have forgotten that our bodies are meant only for our husbands and not for strange men to lust, use and abuse......Remember YOUR history and COVER YOURSELVES!

#copied

Re: Remember Your History And Cover Yourselves [PHOTO] by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 08, 2016
cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Remember Your History And Cover Yourselves [PHOTO] by sinaj(f): 6:35pm On Jun 08, 2016
Blacks really suffered sha embarassed
Thank God I wasn't born den.

Dis pic reminds me of spartacus tongue
Re: Remember Your History And Cover Yourselves [PHOTO] by MUVAH(m): 6:40pm On Jun 08, 2016
The whites walk around naked too so this your theory is badly flawed.
Re: Remember Your History And Cover Yourselves [PHOTO] by BrideOfDracula(f): 6:41pm On Jun 08, 2016
The person who wrote that is the one that needs a history lesson. So what were the Africans wearing before the Europeans?

Covered with leaves & animal hide more like it grin

It's actually the whites who introduced us to clothes.
Re: Remember Your History And Cover Yourselves [PHOTO] by Davvymavvy(f): 6:43pm On Jun 08, 2016
sinaj:
Blacks really suffered sha embarassed
Thank God I wasn't born den.

Dis pic reminds me of spartacus tongue

It was really bad back them, our great grand parents were brutalized, dehumanized, humiliated and socially made unfit. They were psychologically battered and it hurts anytime I read about the White's inhumanity to blacks. What was the offence of the blacks then? the colour of their skin, something they didn't have control over. I go out of control a times when I see Africans abusing each other, calling their brothers and sisters black ugly monkeys, maybe they don't know history...really, it pains me
Re: Remember Your History And Cover Yourselves [PHOTO] by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:46pm On Jun 08, 2016
I don't know whether to support Op or the Naked Ladies....

Even Ugly girls look attractive with skimpy dresses...

Well just decided to type...

Re: Remember Your History And Cover Yourselves [PHOTO] by Bushesbae(f): 6:46pm On Jun 08, 2016
Re: Remember Your History And Cover Yourselves [PHOTO] by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:51pm On Jun 08, 2016
Bushesbae:
Z
I haff modified joor... lol
Re: Remember Your History And Cover Yourselves [PHOTO] by Davvymavvy(f): 7:00pm On Jun 08, 2016
BrideOfDracula:
The person who wrote that is the one that needs a history lesson. So what were the Africans wearing before the Europeans?

Covered with leaves & animal hide more like it grin

It's actually the whites who introduced us to clothes.

They were covered with leaves and hides as you rightly opined, they lived happily till the colonial masters invaded their territory and made slaves of them. You should get the import of the op, they mistreated blacks, why were African slaves not on robes like their white supremacists?
Re: Remember Your History And Cover Yourselves [PHOTO] by BrideOfDracula(f): 7:02pm On Jun 08, 2016
In South Africa we're probably the only Africans who haven't fully embraced western culture because nothing much has changed in the way we dress. We still go nakèd when we feel like it.

Re: Remember Your History And Cover Yourselves [PHOTO] by Davvymavvy(f): 7:06pm On Jun 08, 2016
Ohh, @BrideOfDracula, you are a South African, you battled the inhuman nature of these racists till the late 90's. Well, that's another topic for another day
Re: Remember Your History And Cover Yourselves [PHOTO] by vicstar(m): 7:07pm On Jun 08, 2016
just here to see peeshure undecided

Re: Remember Your History And Cover Yourselves [PHOTO] by BrideOfDracula(f): 7:09pm On Jun 08, 2016
Davvymavvy:

They were covered with leaves and hides as you rightly opined, they lived happily till the colonial masters invaded their territory and made slaves of them. You should get the import of the op, they mistreated blacks, why were African slaves not on robes like their white supremacists?

I'm not denying that they were mistreated, I'm only against what's stated in the original post about clothing, as if blacks were in ball gowns when the whites arrived. They probably left the slaves nakèd because that's the condition they found them in. Shrugs
Re: Remember Your History And Cover Yourselves [PHOTO] by BrideOfDracula(f): 7:24pm On Jun 08, 2016
Davvymavvy:
Ohh, @BrideOfDracula, you are a South African, you battled the inhuman nature of these racists till the late 90's. Well, that's another topic for another day

Well, I never experienced the worst of it because I was still young when it ended & was not yet born at its worst. But I still have vivid memories of gunshots & teargas in the air almost every other day. Even as young children we knew the drill eg. what to do in the case of teargas, etc. It was just part of everyday living. We were used to it because were born in that volatile & violent enviroment, so you kinda adapt & learn coping skills.
Re: Remember Your History And Cover Yourselves [PHOTO] by Davvymavvy(f): 7:41pm On Jun 08, 2016
BrideOfDracula:

Well, I never experienced the worst of it because I was still young when it ended & was not yet born at its worst. But I still have vivid memories of gunshots & teargas in the air almost every other day. Even as young children we knew the drill eg. what to do in the case of teargas, etc. It was just part of everyday living. We were used to it because were born in that volatile & violent enviroment, so you kinda adapt & learn coping skills.

Exactly my point, one would be maltreated to a "broken point". You submit to their dictatorship, you now see it as a normal way of life. This is the crux of the backwardness of most African countries, we have been conquered psychologically, we believe in the abnormal to be normal, our sanity has been formated only to be replaced by insanity. Insanity in the guise of corruption, religious intolerance, nepotism, xenophobia, clandestine balkanization and poor mental appraisal, you see my sister, we have been cheated
Re: Remember Your History And Cover Yourselves [PHOTO] by BrideOfDracula(f): 8:14pm On Jun 08, 2016
Davvymavvy:

Exactly my point, one would be maltreated to a "broken point". You submit to their dictatorship, you now see it as a normal way of life. This is the crux of the backwardness of most African countries, we have been conquered psychologically, we believe in the abnormal to be normal, our sanity has been formated only to be replaced by insanity. Insanity in the guise of corruption, religious intolerance, nepotism, xenophobia, clandestine balkanization and poor mental appraisal, you see my sister, we have been cheated

I agree with you there.

Re: Remember Your History And Cover Yourselves [PHOTO] by Davvymavvy(f): 8:33pm On Jun 08, 2016
Reading through those quotes, my nerves got relaxed with a flash of hope illuminating both my conscious and subconscious mind. But I have a question, why have we not evolved despite the efforts of our heroes to make life a better place for us? The way it was is the way it is....social backwardness, economic slavery and political parasitism.

cc: BrideOfDracula
Re: Remember Your History And Cover Yourselves [PHOTO] by BrideOfDracula(f): 5:31am On Jun 09, 2016
Davvymavvy:
Reading through those quotes, my nerves got relaxed with a flash of hope illuminating both my conscious and subconscious mind. But I have a question, why have we not evolved despite the efforts of our heroes to make life a better place for us? The way it was is the way it is....social backwardness, economic slavery and political parasitism.

cc: BrideOfDracula

No vision & lack of unity? IDK

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Romancing A Woman In The Name Of Healing (video) / I Sleep With My Son 5 Times A Day For Money — Shocking Confession Of A Mother / What's So Special About Cleavage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.