Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (813773 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 10:06pm On Aug 30, 2007
congrats windywendy, hope u dnt name ur baby a tongue twista name like urs--lol

@ biboylary, would txt u again, although am back to base

i got ma sterling at N7.50, funny i got all i asked for, so i am playing the waiting game n i hope it works out
champoooo to easimoni and temmie if this stunt works
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 2:50am On Aug 31, 2007
Recommendation and results for FBN and Dangote Sugar

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ijogbon(m): 9:41am On Aug 31, 2007
@Windywendy

Congrats and best regards to WINDYWENDYlittle !!!!!!  She has got a secured future at least when it comes to investments et al.  tongue

I guess that puts her heads and shoulders above many of us here, who only started investing in their very LATE 40's !!!  tongue

@House

I guess the excitement of Nairaland thread - 'Stock market tips for Nigerians' and Indeed Nairaland for the most part (for me at least) is directly proportional to the novelty and therefore excitement of the NSE: And seeing that the bears have taken FULL control of the market for now, discerning investors are looking to diversify their investments into other investment tools.

Please when you guys find some tools that can return 'even' 100% per annum please please let us know, for example Apple Inc. has appreciated more than 50% so far this year !!!!!!

, Or better still point me in the direction of other interesting threads on Nairaland wink grin tongue
, those that can send my blood gushing at more than 100mph and keep me glued like old to Nairaland.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DTWO1: 9:55am On Aug 31, 2007
Congratulations Windywendy!!!! Missed your highly educative posts
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by koksieboy(m): 11:24am On Aug 31, 2007
@windywendy

Congratulations. All that you need to train your baby is abundantly, surplusly and supernaturally supplied. Nothing good will be denied you!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by whitelexi(m): 11:57am On Aug 31, 2007
Any info on international breweries? I heard they've come to the capital market to raise money in a PO @ 87k per share. . . Considering the management shake-up there, do you think its a good buy?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pinokio(m): 1:10pm On Aug 31, 2007
i bought unity bank at 6.18 per share
Temmie10:

what price did u buy?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 2:32pm On Aug 31, 2007
pinokio:

i bought unity bank at 6.18 per share

You entered at a high price no doubt,
Unity is speculative but it's still a bank,
Fundamentals are not too good, merger with ecobank is off, but its stil highly speculative with rumours of foreign investors, bonus and dividends as well as pure gambling, but i have seen worse stocks do extremely well,
Good news tho is that the stock seems to have some support at 5 naira
If you have not put too much money, my advise is to sit this bearish trend out, hold on for a while
And be ready to take advantage of any upside that favours you

But if you have put a lot of money, you might need to cut your loss and get out at a fairly decent price. its 5.8 at todays closing and there are stocks with much better fundamentals out there.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pinokio(m): 3:20pm On Aug 31, 2007
thanks man, my stockbroker really burned me dis time. whats ur take on dunlop (bought at 3.55) and wema (bought at 11.35). cause i'm thinking of just letting dem go. p.s can u advise me on any stock under 10N dat has a good future say in 4 months time?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Crownvilla(m): 3:33pm On Aug 31, 2007
@Pinokio

Hold on to your Wema, they are planning IPO, are courting foreign Investors and expansion into West Africa and beyond.

If you bought at N11.35, it must have been a recent purchase and there's no point in selling at a loss.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:19pm On Aug 31, 2007
DO NOT SELL YOUR WEMA! And be prepared to wait to watch your investments mature. The market is not about doubling money every 4 months. If you can't watch your stocks decline 20-30% after you buy them, the stock market is not for you. A minimum window of 1 year is required to guarantee the proper return on a sound stock.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 31, 2007
i Just bought some wema today at N10.00 hoping they will make their projected eps and sell during the pubic offer.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 31, 2007
Has anybody collected his oceanic bonus for year 2007 and when?
Have not seen me yet oh!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kingzy(m): 9:28pm On Aug 31, 2007
I bougth oceanic during the last PO. Am I entitled to the bonus?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kanugab(m): 9:51pm On Aug 31, 2007
i learnt union diagnostic and clinical services ltd is currently doing private place of shares @ 1.85k per share. how prospective - over to gurus?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 10:02pm On Aug 31, 2007
kingzy:

I bougth oceanic during the last PO. Am I entitled to the bonus?

Na yam? No bonus until your shares are listed. In reality, you are not yet a shareholder!

BTW, that bonus closed back in Jan 07. PO came out after that.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 10:12pm On Aug 31, 2007
@ Tmoni,
looks like Sterling made almost N5B in the past but lost it due to merger shenanigans. Could be a good deal for you.

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/business/article02
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by sherriff: 10:32pm On Aug 31, 2007
Hello Easimoni, Wanajo, Temmie;
I really prefer not following the crowd and repeating what you already know and others have drummed into your ears. You guys are simply terrific, you have kept this thread alive with your eye opening analysis. Do keep it up and same to every contributor to this thread.
Have you guys taken time to look at chellarams. the company has under 3months doubled its share price and has the highest eps and lowest PER in its sector.
I have gone through this thread and seen nothing on the firm. can u pls let me know what u think.
I also just bought a handful of lasaco and on checking the NSE website, i saw the company has a little over a billion outstanding shares. do u guys still think lasaco is a good deal for a six month returns?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 10:49pm On Aug 31, 2007
@sheriff

I dun have much info Chellarams but i have seen analysts recommending the company as a buy.
My only objection is that it is not a very liquid stock. You might want to sell and find no buyer in unfavourable times.
For instance, there was only 1 deal on chellarams today and it was worth 26,000 naira,
Liquidity is also very important, Buy a stock that you can always get out at a good price when you want.

For Lasaco, they have more than a billion shares. They had a po and rights issue last year to raise 6 billion mo shares which was 80% subscribed, the outstanding shares are yet to be listed.
But even then, their earnings are solid. 6 months is tight, 1 year is more like it just to be sure,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 31, 2007
Recommendations and results for Nigerian-German Chemicals

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 11:17pm On Aug 31, 2007
EMMAACHILE:

Recommendations and results for Nigerian-German Chemicals

thx for the report, keep them coming
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by whitelexi(m): 8:40am On Sep 01, 2007
My broker has advised AIICO insurance for now.

@Easimoni: You are the deejay of the insurance sector. . .  I have consented to him entering at N3 on monday because he said there was a 2 week long downward trend which ended on friday as he noticed a strong upward surge of about 50% stocks on the floor. He will be acquiring 150k units with a target of selling at about N5.

Quite frankly, he's the first broker i've had in 5 years that has impressed me with his transparent and intelligent management of my portfolio, i actually gave him freedom to use my portfolio as his own as long as i have his itinary before and after a purchase or sell mandate grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 10:27am On Sep 01, 2007
@whitelexi, pls could u inform me of this your broker,
looks like the guy i have been waiting for and whats the minimum i can give him to start trading with,

@easimoni, i am now gettin jittery of this sterling thingy cos of the merger write off,
its suppose to affect the price, innit

i just hope they go ahead and do the damm PO so i can gracefully bail out,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 11:47am On Sep 01, 2007
looks like the cats out of the bag for nigerian-german, fantastic result, though i think the ibtc report was a bit conservative, by march 2008(by the time its full year is released) the eps will be 1.4 and it should make it to 25naira easily.
its funny but japaul oil is now a net bid stock almost evry day now. it was on net offer for a long time. gues that result has pushed up its bidding.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stanchuks(m): 12:32pm On Sep 01, 2007
@ All Gurus and maybe Nongurus like me

i saw the results of Nigerian German chemicals, belief me i dont understand those results that much

I simply need an advise, i bought NG chemical due to the analysis wanaj0 gave on this forum at 13.53 and was considering selling some or all this week to make up capital for japaul and Dangote flour, since its the only stock in my possession that have moved positively,although you guys have not said anything yet on both stocks due to non release of the prospectus, i just have a feeling that they might be good

Is this a right move? please i need your advise

Have a great weekend all
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by savvykid: 1:57pm On Sep 01, 2007
hi easimoni, ayala2002  et al just saw the six months result of NASCON, do u see the price hitting N30 b4 yr end?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 1:59pm On Sep 01, 2007
@ windywendy
Congratulations on your cute bundle of joy. I am such her arrival will motivate you to make loads of money.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by maymurph(m): 2:05pm On Sep 01, 2007
Been looking for you tolite
Tolite22:

If FX is a goldmine, how come 95% of new traders lose all their money within the first 3 months?

What I'm about to tell you can (mark my words) never be neglected as long as u intend to make your foray into the FX world. It stems from my hard-earned experience in this unique FX world with its heavy shark infestation of products and e-book marketers. You may decide to neglect my words but, sooner or later, trust me, you'll realize I was telling all the truth there is afterall,

I'm was one of those newbies who, faced with the countless FX courses, seminars workshops and e-books, both on and offline was at a miss at the right line of action to be taken. I had very little money to start up, let alone extra that could be spared to buy e-books or pay for trading signals. Many of the courses; very expensive. The $250 start-up capital for a live acct was a little off my mark. I learn a lot of sites even allow u to set up an acct with them for far less $$$ nowadays. The whole hype about the FX being a goldmine was really getting to me, and I always went to sleep with a calculator trying to hook up how much i'd love to make and always loving to see those huge numbers come up on the calc screen. I had found the goose that lays the golden egg[b]s[/b].

Name it! the great names in FX mentorship, i had all their products and courses reviewed. B4 i continue, a word of caution: Neva believe all that u see on an FX product marketer’s site. A review site like www.forexbastards.com will definietly paint an objective picture because all reviews are given by people who've used the products so u get to hear from the horse's mouth,

The key to being successful in the markets is not what kind of e-books or courses u've taken, who u receive trading signals from, or how soon u expect to make money in the markets. The key is simple: Your mind. I know, I know, I know, this may sound stupid to the noobs out there and those of u who think this game is a giant tree replete with money leaves. Yes it is, but do u have what it takes to qualify to be a plucker of the enormous wealth potential.

I count myself lucky to have stumbled on the best sites where u can get the best FX education absolutely FREE. I’ve also made very wonderful friends online who have helped with invaluable resources and material. I’d love to give them all at a go but I need to make sure u’re learning a step at a time. www.secretpips.com is the best site for free FX education. You get to move from their kindergarten to the FX College, and a lot of Q&A too. Those guys are awesome. Even a complete slowpoke would find their method of teaching very unchallenging.
All of the people who have taught me and helped me with free stuff have always had one thing in common. They tend to believe that giving freely without asking for anything in return tends to align them with the flow of the natural laws. Be they muslim, Christian or Jewish, they seem to hold so strongly to giving freely.

http://forexkid..com/search/label/Books is another site with lots of free classic FX books. These books summed up together are worth thousands of $$$, still the fellow allows free access. The only thing I ask is that when u visit these sites, try to click on lots of the Google Adsesnse adverts so that the owners of such sites can have some change to sustain the sites. That way, their good and selfless work can be kept alive. For sure, the clicks are nothing compared to the value of all the good things u get.

For those of u who sincerely want to know, trading is really 40% psychology, 20% money management, and 20% method/strategy/technique. I’m very sorry if I’ve disappointed any of u “Holy Grail” hunters, but in the FX markets, there’s no such thing;
Only ‘stark reality” that very often hits u in the face!

I’d love to elaborate on all I’ve said so far, but I’ll take it a little at a time as time goes on. After all the reading and hunting for the ‘perfect/Holy grail’ indicators, u’ll most definitely get to the inevitable crossroads where u have to choose those tools that will work for u and suit your personality. I noticed that Damadsuite hasn’t spoken a lot about the losing periods, when u feel your strategies no longer work and there’s a strong urge to change tactics. These are the drawdown periods and they must come.

The undeniable fact remains that: In this business, u must lose money from time to time. How much u win when u win and how much u lose when u lose separates the winners from the losers. This is why Money management is 40% of the game.

And when those periods come ( I mean the losing streaks), will u have the confidence to stick by your plan/strategy? Will u have that kind of discipline? I hope u now see why psychology is a whooping 40% of the game too?

No method, indicator, strategy is 100% reliant. The pros understand this and that’s why there’re not part of the 95% of traders that lose! They know it’s always a game of probabilities
grin

Happy Pipping!

Hello tolite,I checked the link for forexkid,unfortunately i could not download anything because they are on rapidshare.I do not have a premium rapidshare account ,i do not have paypal either and i cant purchase one at the moment.Could you please send the books from forexkid to newmaymurph@yahoo.com, And i assume secrettips in now babypips.com right? If it is,its really cool cos i went through it sometime ago
Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2007
This bearish period is the time for discerning investors to take position in the stocks they love most. I wish intercontinental and co will lose more than 20%. So that I can enter cheaply.
I am still trying to see how the suspension of the import waiver will affect my favourite stocks.
I know for one that Dangote industries got a 40% duty waiver shortly after they made their donation to OBJ's campaign. I just hope they will pass the scrutiny by the audit firms. if not their operating costs will go up angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 2:10pm On Sep 01, 2007
To the guys who asked about NGC, do not sell! IBTC's forecast is conservative and I expect NGC should be at N30 within a year. I wouldn't sell it, not even to buy Dangote flour or Japaul. Besides, both POs are bound to be oversubscribed and some of your money may be returned to you. Planning on buying some NGC myself.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 10:51pm On Sep 01, 2007
@windywendy,
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so happy for you!!! This is definately GOOD NEWS!!! I must chop rice o!!!
@all
I have not been very active on this thread (more of an observer) because i have decided to use this bearish period to make some cool cash in some really cool online mlm programs. At present i have made at least $2500 from Getaway club in 3 weeks and will make 10,000 dollars by next week.  I used part of my earnings to buy skye shelter fund. Believe me, that was only a dream before now. You can check out my team using the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-68197.128.html

There are so many opportunities for making cool legit cash in this world. It is not even a "wonder bank". Right now, i am balling!!!

@easimoni, temmie etc.
You guys are doing a really good job. Keep up the good work!!!

Ps: Does anyone know where i can get japaul p.o form? The one on their site is messed up. Please upload it for us to download. I am buying big time!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BIGBOYLARY(m): 11:33pm On Sep 01, 2007
@ ALL

AS I OPEN MY CRYSTAL BALL I SEE B4 ME:Long time bearish period with many burns and tumble be careful not to fall along am waiting and keeping my moves open,sleep with one eye open we shall scale through cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.