Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,100 members, 7,828,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (815716 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by whitelexi(m): 7:20am On Sep 02, 2007
Tmoni:

@whitelexi, please could u inform me of this your broker,
looks like the guy i have been waiting for and whats the minimum i can give him to start trading with,

@easimoni, i am now gettin jittery of this sterling thingy because of the merger write off,
its suppose to affect the price, innit

i just hope they go ahead and do the damm PO so i can gracefully bail out,

@Tmoni:

The good ones seem to be with the less popular brokerage companies grin I've had nasty experiences with Mutual Alliance and Cashcraft companies - both in Abuja.
Currently i'm with a company called cowry asset management company in V.I Lagos, thats basically all i know about the company, my registration and all were done online, i got a call from my assigned broker and we exchanged credentials, we've been in contact since then by phone email and text. I got registered for the text alert within 3 days of my registration, i got my online account username and password the very next day. . .  Its just wonderful to see a Nigerian company in Nigeria working somewhat like a British company  grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kingzy(m): 7:39am On Sep 02, 2007
What is the meaning of net bid or net offer
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BIGBOYLARY(m): 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2007
@ ALL
NACHO COMES TO THE FLOOR WHAT DO YOU THINK

Nacho’s N2bn Share Offer Opens Sept 10, 2007

Existing shareholders and potential investors of the Nigerian Aviation Handling Company PLC (NAHCo), the nation’s foremost ground handling company, now have the opportunity of increasing their stakes in the Company, as the much awaited combined N2, 152,500,000 Public Offer opens on September 10 and closes on September 28. The exercise is aimed at raising adequate capital for the implementation of NAHCo’s three-year Corporate Business Plan.

NAHCo is offering 90million Ordinary Shares of 50k each at N17.50 per share through a Public Offer. The Company is simultaneously offering by way of rights 35million Ordinary shares of 50k each at N16.50k per share to existing shareholders as at 18th May, 2007.

The gross proceeds from the combined Offer are estimated at N2, 152,500,000. The estimated net proceeds is N2,002,590,465.00, after deducting the costs of the issue (N149, 909, 535.00 or 6.96%) will be used to fund the Company’s business growth and expansion strategy, which includes acquiring new Ground Support Equipments (GSEs), reinforcing the company’s technology platform, construction of new cargo sheds, re-branding, and increasing the working capital to support the expected expansion. About 49.56% of the net proceeds of the offer will be committed to the purchase of equipments which are critical to NAHCo’s operations.

At the Completion Board meeting of the Offer held in Lagos on Thursday, Alhaji Suleiman Yahyah, NAHCo’s Vice Chairman, stated that the Company needs the capital injection in order to further improve on its ability to continue to deliver maximum stakeholder value. Also at the occasion, Dr. Jonathan Long, Chairman of FCMB Capital Markets, one of the joint issuing houses, said the share offer is predicated on the need for NAHCo to continue to deliver quality services to domestic, regional, and international airlines.

NAHCo’s market capitalization, which at pre offer stands at N13.125 billion, is expected to increase to N15.312 billion after the offer. The Company’s Management and the Parties to the issue are confident that the share offer will be fully subscribed, given the impressive performance of the Company, as well as the robust trading of its shares on the Stock Exchange. NAHCo stock is the most active aviation stock in the Nigerian capital market.

Listed on the Stock Exchange on 28 November, 2006 at N5.50k, NAHCo’s share value remained steadily on the increase, closing at N70.05 in May 2007 before it was technically adjusted for dividend and bonus issue payment, in line with the regulations of the Capital Market. NAHCo investors reaped over 1000% capital gain between November 2006 and June 2007. The shareholders were also allotted bonus of 3 for 2.

This record performance by NAHCo stock has been described by analysts as the capital market’s reaction to the company’s strings of impressive performances, especially its 2006 operating results. The audited operating results of the company for the financial year ended 31 December, 2006, show that Turnover grew from N3.050billion to N3.245billion, while Profit before Tax rose by 21.4% from N457.7million to N555.9million.

NAHCo controls over 75% of the ground handling market in Nigeria, offering ground support services to 27 of the 35 airlines operating in the country. It recently also won the ground handling contracts for Arik Air, Delta Airlines, a new carrier licensed for the US-Nigeria route, and Aero Contractors at MMA Terminal 2.

Meanwhile, Mr. Bates Sarki Sule, MD/CEO of NAHCo, has disclosed that the company’s focus is on the provision of improved quality service, significant investment in purchase of brand new ground handling equipment, corporate re-branding, human capital development, and improvement in its automation systems. According to him, NAHCo is re-positioning in order to maximise stakeholder value and surmount the future challenges of competition.

source:http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_articles.php?id=1227
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BIGBOYLARY(m): 1:54pm On Sep 02, 2007
@ ALL,

As i open my crystall ball i see b4 me: NACHO Vs JAPAUL Where do you stand during this period, cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 2:09pm On Sep 02, 2007
@ whitelexi,

can i get the brokers number so i can contact them for myselves,
anticipating good working relationship with them,
thanks
u could also send me an email, pls
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by whitelexi(m): 4:37pm On Sep 02, 2007
Tmoni:

@ whitelexi,

can i get the brokers number so i can contact them for myselves,
anticipating good working relationship with them,
thanks
u could also send me an email, please

Dunno your email addy mate
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by felo12(m): 6:42pm On Sep 02, 2007
@TMONI

http://www.cowryasset.com/contact.asp, This site might be helpful.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by omooba72(m): 10:08am On Sep 03, 2007
@ Whitelexi , can you send me the email of your broker which you promise Tmoni also ? , as i urgently needs a broker which i can view my account online as you have said. my email addy is <lanreaina@operamail.com> cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by whitelexi(m): 10:28am On Sep 03, 2007
omooba72:

@ Whitelexi , can you send me the email of your broker which you promise Tmoni also ? , as i urgently needs a broker which i can view my account online as you have said. my email addy is <lanreaina@operamail.com> cheers

All their contact details can be seen if you follow the link in the post just above yours. The proceedure is, you contact them and fill their online form, next they will contact you by email and assign you a broker. You can then get in touch with the broker and you guys will work from there onwards.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by steeviee(m): 3:57pm On Sep 03, 2007
hello people.

could anyone pls comment on the GTB GDR Offer. i heard some refunds are being made.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 4:56pm On Sep 03, 2007
Has anyone on this forum been able to successful register and use the CSCS website to check portfolio status.
NASCON results rather impressive.
As per Dangote Flour, i know there is going to be massive capital appreciation ( at least 100% due to supply and demand, he is going to pull the same NASCON stunt) once listed, but with Danogte only offering 25% (if am correct) of the company to the general public with a proviso reserving about 60% for associates, you definitely know you and i will have issues been alloted any significant shares. so i would advise us to look elsewhere. No point having 60% of your funds returned to you after 7-9months without interest. All comments welcome. cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:13pm On Sep 03, 2007
steeviee:

hello people.

could anyone please comment on the GTB GDR Offer. i heard some refunds are being made.

There is an article on the Proshare website confirming that refunds are being made. You have to be a registered user to view that article.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2007
@ kpenio,
your comments about the Dangote Flour IPO are very astute. There won't be enough for you and I and a buyer will end up with a portion of his payment being returned months after. I'll pass.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by alliednetw(m): 6:16pm On Sep 03, 2007
Their is no point being defeatist about DANGOTE IPO.You may be surprised to get full allotment.I suspect where you buy may influence level of allotment.
Buying from a Stockbroker to the offer seems to give an edge,if that particular firm does not oversale
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 6:58pm On Sep 03, 2007
my people,
now that the market seems to be recovering, which one do u think might make a sort of quick buck on as in to take advantage of a N2 to N3 appreciation,
looks like the banking blue chips are moving northward,

esp my bosses, easimoni, temmie, shidigi
cheers

@felo 12, thanks a lot bruv,
i just sent them a mail
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jdizzy(m): 7:01pm On Sep 03, 2007
Folks, it this a good time to buy into GTB? Or do you expect a further slide in share price?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jungle700: 7:14pm On Sep 03, 2007
@ kpineo
Has anyone on this forum been able to successful register and use the CSCS website to check portfolio status.

What kind of problem are you experiencing? I have just registered and my portfolio section is always blank. I am fed up with this stupid CSCS system, it took forever to get the online access and now that I have access i can't even see anything. And they took my 2,500 naira. Anyway Na Naija sha, things go better.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ogogo24(m): 7:23pm On Sep 03, 2007
I salute all the Gurus in the house.
Please, a brother needs an honest advice.
I need a recommendation on the best five Penny Stocks(or any other) in the market,
with a good prospect within the next six months.

Please kindly give reasons for your recommendation.
Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by alliednetw(m): 7:40pm On Sep 03, 2007
WHILE MANY OF THE COMPANIES HAVE GREAT PROSPECT,I WILL PUT MY MONEY ON:NEIMETH,WAPIC,UNIVERSITY PRESS,SOV TRUST INSUR,STANDARD ALLIANCE,LINKAGE,UNION HOMES,NGERMANCHEM,NIGER INS,STERLINGBANK,STACO,ROYAL EXC,PRESTIGE,POLYPRODUCT,NEM,MUTUALBEN,LIVSTOCK,LAWUNION,LASACO,JAPAUL,INTERNENEGINS,FIRSTINLAND,FIRSTALUM,FIDELITY,EVANSMED,EQUITYASSUR,ECOBANK,DUNLOP,CRUSADRE,DNMEYER,C&ILEASING,CORNERSTONE,AVON,ABCTRANS,ACADEMYPRESS,ADSWITCH,AFPRINT,AIICO(As at price today)
 THIS SELECTION IS MY PERSONAL OPINION ON THE STOCKS THAT WILL DO AT LEAST 50% IN FEW MONTHS.IT IS BASED ON TECHNICAL,FUNDAMENTAL ANALYSES AND IN SOME CASES A GUESS ON MARKET SENTIMENT.
 I CAN PLACE MY HONOUR ON THIS LIST
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enurayce: 7:48pm On Sep 03, 2007
@ Temmie and Easimoni
Whats ur take on the current intl brew offer?ur candid advise would be greatly appreciated

@ cynthia 75
i would u like u to pls elaborate or pls send details to enurayce@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 8:11pm On Sep 03, 2007
alliednetw:

Their is no point being defeatist about DANGOTE IPO.You may be surprised to get full allotment.I suspect where you buy may influence level of allotment.
Buying from a Stockbroker to the offer seems to give an edge,if that particular firm does not oversale

Once you buy above 30,000 units for Dangote Flour, expect part of your money to be returned. The hype will make it over subscribed. They are also going for preferential allottment
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 8:14pm On Sep 03, 2007
Oceanic Bonus already credited into your CSCS account so go and check
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 8:22pm On Sep 03, 2007
If you have Wema bank, don't sell it. Hold on and see what will happen. Bought in January at 3.15 and will hold on till next year.

Chellarams is a must BUY but not very liquid so not readily available. Was to do a PO last year or so don't know why they are delaying. Have some small units there and benefitted from the last 1 for 1. One of those stocks that can silently make you come out BIG.

Nigerian German, nothing to say!!!! I've mentioned them since. Note that the result you see is probably yet to factor in the new money spinner (the oil services company). Seriously, it will be a crime for NGC not to declare a bonus. No bonus for over 5 years and they are doing well. Conservatively, the stock should reach 25.00 - 30.00. Not a very liquid stock also. Shonekan is the major shareholder there (Volker Securities). NGC also owns shares in UNIC insurance.

Bought at 4.00 last year. Sold some at 6.00 and had to buy again at 12.85!!!! So please hold on till next year June! That's one of the few undervalued stock out there.

Beta glass should also do well though the price has also inched up a bit!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 8:25pm On Sep 03, 2007
enurayce:

@ Temmie and Easimoni
Whats your take on the current intl brew offer?your candid advise would be greatly appreciated

Still waiting to see a prospectus/analyst report before making a comment
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 8:29pm On Sep 03, 2007
Tmoni:

my people,
now that the market seems to be recovering, which one do u think might make a sort of quick buck on as in to take advantage of a N2 to N3 appreciation,
looks like the banking blue chips are moving northward,

A N2-3 appreciation is too close to call. Right now, it's all about NGC. Short- and long-term.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 8:35pm On Sep 03, 2007
It is a bit premature to say the market is recovering so i would still be a bit cautious and stick to fundamentally sound stocks
However, if enough people leap on the enthusiasm and keep buying and sell less, of course the indices will go up again.

@enurayce
I have not seen anything about Int'l breweries yet.
its 0.94 on the floor. IF you can, thats better than the PO (there was only 1 deal today).
Get a prospectus or sth, then more informed advice can be given.

@alliednetw
There are some winners on your list for sure.
But i wouldn't place my honor on any analysis o, the market no send my honor,
Its been making ibtc folks and other analysts look like complete fools for years
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 03, 2007
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 8:46pm On Sep 03, 2007
easimoni:

A N2-3 appreciation is too close to call. Right now, it's all about NGC. Short- and long-term.

We no go sell NGC give you now! You no join the train early enough.

Short term, leave NGC alone! It is not a liquid stock so only gets to move based on fundamentals!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 1:11am On Sep 04, 2007
wanaj0:

We no go sell NGC give you now! You no join the train early enough.

Short term, leave NGC alone! It is not a liquid stock so only gets to move based on fundamentals!
I actually owned this stock sometime last year. Sold it when the 6 mon to June 06 showed declining profits. They've turned it around since then. When I say "short-term", I mean at least until they release the FY which should be ~ March 08. The fundamentals look solid for the long-term as well.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Opomulero1(m): 6:51am On Sep 04, 2007
EMMAACHILE:

IBTC MARKETWATCH 3RD SEPTEMBER 2007

CLICK BELOW
http://www.wikifortio.com/580320/IBTC+MarketWatch+3+September+2007+Volume+9+Issue+1.pdf

Can't download this file:

CRC check failed for the file '580320'. File is corrupt and should be re-uploaded.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stanchuks(m): 6:54am On Sep 04, 2007
Right, got thesame reply

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.