Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Nigeria: Ex-indian Minister Asks His Country To Ban Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Ex-indian Minister Asks His Country To Ban Nigerians (596 Views)

Which Nigerian Leader in 2019 Can Transform The Country To Look Like This?(Photo / "I Was Considering Which Country To Run To - President Buhari Jokes In A Meeting / "Real Reason Igbos Want To Leave Nigeria" – Ex Governor Balarabe Musa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria: Ex-indian Minister Asks His Country To Ban Nigerians by bet9ja(m): 8:13am On Jun 09, 2016
A former minister in India, Ravi Naik, has asked his country's authorities to impose a ban on Nigerians.

According to The Times of India, Naik made this statement while speaking with journalists. "The central government should ban Nigerians," he reportedly said at a press conference.

Referring to Nigerians as "negroes", the politician accused them of causing trouble "everywhere."

"Even the Aam Aami Party leaders had a fight with Nigerians in Bengaluru," he said.

"They create problems everywhere... We do not want Nigerian tourists." He accused some Nigerians in Goa, a state in the Asian country, of masquerading as students, demanding a probe into their activities.

Kiran Kandolkar, Goa spokesman, has demanded an apology from Naik over the controversial statement.

"Ravi Naik should tender an apology. The statements made by Naik, according to The Cable, are insulting and uncalled for," he said yesterday. India is one of the countries which President Muhammadu Buhari has visited since he came to power.

During the trip, the Nigerian leader met with the country's prime minister and other top government officials. Both countries also pledged to strengthen their bilateral relationship.

Buhari also met with the Nigerian community there and assured them of his government's commitment to their well-being.

Though Nigerians are used to being criticised all over the world, disparaging remarks like that of Naik is not a common occurrence.4

Source: http://allafrica.com/stories/201606080786.html
Re: Nigeria: Ex-indian Minister Asks His Country To Ban Nigerians by letsbet(m): 8:19am On Jun 09, 2016
He should shove his opinion down his butt-hole for all I care. India is a developing country to start with besides I knew Indians who are here in Nigeria in search of greener pastures and no one have ever spoken I'll of them so I don't see the reason for this bigotry. he should better apologize.
Re: Nigeria: Ex-indian Minister Asks His Country To Ban Nigerians by bet9ja(m): 8:44am On Jun 09, 2016
Should we blame him for such statement, We are not valued at home so we should not expect them to value us.
Re: Nigeria: Ex-indian Minister Asks His Country To Ban Nigerians by Segadem(m): 8:55am On Jun 09, 2016
Indian of all nation
Re: Nigeria: Ex-indian Minister Asks His Country To Ban Nigerians by jaymichael(m): 9:29am On Jun 09, 2016
This "guru maharaji" ex-minister should just stick his opinion in his "curry" arse.

(1) (Reply)

Market Women In Bodija Have Jewelry’, Diezani Blasts EFCC, Aljazeera / SAD: Immediate Past Ambassador To South Africa Assassinated – Read Details / Nnamdi Kanu Arraigned In Court (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.