Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,183 members, 7,815,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) (57071 Views)

Would You Give Up Social Media To Live In This Mansion? / Pictures You Can Relate To If You Live In A Public Yard Aka Face Me, I Face You / Is This Area Under Govt Acquisition? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by flokii: 8:12am On Jun 10, 2016
Places like that usually have poor drainage systems.. Check G.R.A too

Just overpriced housing & show-offs
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Xzikob: 8:16am On Jun 10, 2016
For all I care I cant live in lekki wherever. It lacks adequate infrastructural plan. Buying properties there is not a wise course. And evidently lekki is hyped as lagos generally is. Only a few neighborhoods(not a city) if any in Lagos can boast of being adequately planned. There's no master plan! Its so bad cos I love the coastline of lagos. A city geographically situated as such is actually supposed to be well and critically planned so as to attract investors. This is why even though I love lagos like I would love a dear wife, Abuja remains my fav city in nigeria. The advantages over lagos are countless. With Abuja, Nigeria indeed has developed a worldclass city and it keeps waxing.
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by lawrenceunaa: 8:19am On Jun 10, 2016
They are rich in pocket but poor in mentality. All they have to do since they are rich is to enlarge the gutter kpichikom
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by bamirotola: 8:26am On Jun 10, 2016
lakefist:

Lol funny you! grin

Abi na...I wish for normal death when i'm aged not get flooded away by some saalty water...

1 Like

Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by sucess001(m): 8:26am On Jun 10, 2016
i am sure the OP lives on the mainland...

i live in Lekki and yes i ll live ythere a million times over...so the roads are water logged at times due to flash floods...where else in Lagos isnt?

cos you cant afford to live there shouldnt make you beef the place....

moreover, most lekki residents use SUVs and aint complaining...why then are you taking medicine for another man's sickness?

1 Like

Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by bamirotola: 8:27am On Jun 10, 2016
ipledge5:
you would have reached oshogbo self grin

Abi na....
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by jomoh: 8:30am On Jun 10, 2016
n3xt:
How about this in Ikota Complex?

Within 8-10 minutes after any rain, the water will drain off and you'll not see the flooded street again.

The worse of all is VGC.

This is effect of blocked or inadequate drainage system. It can happen anywhere.

There can never be a drainage system in Lagos that will solve the problem of flooding in the state (FACT).

Reason: If you look at the topography of Lagos state as a whole you find out that the whole state is a flat land. No hills, No valleys. Just flat with just a few meters above the sea level. Frequent rising water level will definitely have this kind of effect. Especially in areas closer to the water.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by skinflint(m): 8:32am On Jun 10, 2016
This is bad. The rich cries, too. No drainage system there?
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by mmsen: 8:33am On Jun 10, 2016
VGC floods every year and yet people still flock to buy there.
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Jarus(m): 8:35am On Jun 10, 2016
Well, there are very few places on the Island that don't experience this kind of thing.

I live in far Ajah and we also experience it.

I will definitely live in Lekki Phase 1 if I have the means. If not for anything, I will save myself the stress of spending hours in trafiic before getting to work.
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by n3xt(m): 8:44am On Jun 10, 2016
-
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by francotorti(m): 8:45am On Jun 10, 2016
This is absolutely crazy....yet houses and shops are so expensive. tongue tongue tongue
People should start using their brains to buy houses instead of using their body bcus at d end they wil come out and say "I LIVE IN LEKKI PHASE 1"
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 10, 2016
it's seems OP is a customer ....

The area has always been like that

Even Ikorodu still looks *cute* than this river area.
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 10, 2016
Poor man's mentality. Does rain fall everyday ? Most of the year is sunny, Yes, I own a house in Lekki, and there is no other part of Lagos, I will chose to own a property apart from Lekki, Ikoyi and VI. Even as I am typing now, I can hear the sound of SUVs tearing the water apart. Flood is natural, it will sink in with time. Its a failure of government, not the responsiblitiy of wealthy citizens to fix roads. We pay our taxes and land use charge annually.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by dauntless15(m): 9:06am On Jun 10, 2016
JOAN11:
HELL NO.....but isnt that dauntless15 walking inside the flood? undecided
for were? I d my comfy dry land o, and HELL YEAH i mean the mermaid comment, thank God flood doesn't discriminate between the high class and the low class, enjoy your lekki haven preeqs
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Batlan01: 9:10am On Jun 10, 2016
cheesy cheesy

Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 10, 2016
Vickyydera:
That place doesn't look good, but I can live in banana Island if you ask me. wink

What's with ladies and BANANA?!!!!
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 10, 2016
Jadonjack:

What's with ladies and BANANA?!!!!
And cucumber lolzzx cheesy
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by n3xt(m): 9:18am On Jun 10, 2016
Vickyydera:
And cucumber lolzzx cheesy

Isn't that too big?
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 10, 2016
n3xt:

Isn't that too big?
Small cucumber dey na, haba! are you a learner cheesy
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by MrKamar(m): 9:34am On Jun 10, 2016
I can only live there when I have a canoe grin

Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by JayJustus(m): 10:00am On Jun 10, 2016
lololololol...no wonder we relocated to the mainland...thunder fire those people there..
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by paix(m): 10:06am On Jun 10, 2016
Vickyydera:
That place doesn't look good, but I can live in banana Island if you ask me[b][/b]. wink
OK, wait till we ask you.
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by jackyraw09: 10:15am On Jun 10, 2016
FvckeDyoBiTch:
Yawns, bad planning is synonymous with Nigeria. Even my 5 bedroom House worth almost $1 mili is better than this $2 Mill+ exorbitant housing.

It's my Dads house, so don't start none of that bullshít talk

Your self steem is obviously low. always trying to seek validation in all your NL posts.

when u go post w/o trying to make it known that u live in the US.

Ppl like u have social anxiety issues irl im pretty sure.

get a life please this is is a nigerian msg board, either get used to it or Bleep off.
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Chukzyfcb(m): 10:16am On Jun 10, 2016
Festac town may not be as tight as lekki phase 1 but you would barely see this rabbish in F/town. Gimme a plot of land in Festac & Lekki phase 1. I'll choose Festac over & over again.
#these island house owners never see anything, investors are so short sighted that no-one is asking why there is a wall built around eko atlantic city?? FYI, that wall (Great wall of lagos) is to protect eko atlantic dwellers from future disaster #I pity for Lekki/V.I owners in 50yrs time.
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Chukzyfcb(m): 10:18am On Jun 10, 2016
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 10, 2016
danowena:
Ofcourse I can. Just buy a good SUV or tundra to divide the water like the rod of Moses divided the red sea. Some areas in Houston Texas are worse than this. wink

Gbam.

With a Landcuiser Toyota, i am game here..
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Onuokwu: 10:28am On Jun 10, 2016
OLUJOSHINS:
Yes I can.

I'm a Nigerian for crying out loud. Y won't I be able to live in a flood prone area.

U guys should stop being hypocritical.

Excessive rainfall can cause flooding in any part of the world.

Stop expecting Ur artificial drainage system to always super cede nature.

Sufferhead!
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by buchilino(m): 10:30am On Jun 10, 2016
NO ONE CAN CHEAT NATURE
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by ObioraIkenna(m): 10:33am On Jun 10, 2016
Some places in Lekki are always like these whenever it rains without a letup. I don't know if its as a result of poor drainage system; I wouldn't know.
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Gamesmart: 10:37am On Jun 10, 2016
Jarus:
Well, there are very few places on the Island that don't experience this kind of thing.

I live in far Ajah and we also experience it.

I will definitely live in Lekki Phase 1 if I have the means. If not for anything, I will save myself the stress of spending hours in trafiic before getting to work.

Why do you prefer Ajah to a place like Surulere or Yaba?
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 10, 2016
awtrsfg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos / Landlord Blocks Hotel Entrance With Loads Of Granite Stones For Owing Rent (pic) / Many Pupils Still Trapped In Lagos School Building Collapse (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.