Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) (57068 Views)

Would You Give Up Social Media To Live In This Mansion? / Pictures You Can Relate To If You Live In A Public Yard Aka Face Me, I Face You / Is This Area Under Govt Acquisition? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Onide(m): 10:39am On Jun 10, 2016
Gbese re
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 10, 2016
So the government will come and dig your gutter out eh. What do you know about sanitation Mr rich mentality? Shame on you.
You've never heard of submerged lands before in your tax paying and 'suving' life, right? Keep waiting for the flood to dry out on its own and one day you'll SUV into the Atlantic.
No offense 'taxie'!

BiafranNigerian:
Poor man's mentality. Does rain fall everyday ? Most of the year is sunny, Yes, I own a house in Lekki, and there is no other part of Lagos, I will chose to own a property apart from Lekki, Ikoyi and VI. Even as I am typing now, I can hear the sound of SUVs tearing the water apart. Flood is natural, it will sink in with time. Its a failure of government, not the responsiblitiy of wealthy citizens to fix roads. We pay our taxes and land use charge annually.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by iberu001(m): 10:57am On Jun 10, 2016
They never see anything yet,dey won live like king,they don't know when they are sand filling,drenching and lots more,i bet it if there is 0.01% increase in ocean/sea water level, the whole area will be submerge.Now that the polar region is melting and depletion in the ozone layer which is really given the world headache.I just pity them.If you fight the nature,the nature will fight back.They should kontinue........ grin grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by ipledge5: 11:20am On Jun 10, 2016
Rebekkah:
They can control it please. those people are unconcerned about the state of their environment.
The major reason for flooding is poor drainage systems. Lekki and smelly gutters are like 5&6.

Mosquitos sef wan depopulate humans for there.

Nowhere you'll see a neat gutter in Lekki, no not one!
Do you see those man eating drains in NYC that's why they don't got floods!
Don't gimme that crap boy!

Pics were taken at a street off Admiralty way

so what's reason for excessive flood in Texas while other parts of the country don't experience it...
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 10, 2016
ewq thcxbj
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by fairheven: 11:41am On Jun 10, 2016
Lagos state generally has drainage problem, but lekki-epe own na "water front"
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Wonderboy1(m): 11:52am On Jun 10, 2016
Heard there power failure there too...
Meanwhile for your diesel engine generators check here https://www.nairaland.com/3012099/order-tokunbo-diesel-generators-spare
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by uchennn: 11:54am On Jun 10, 2016
The spirit of Lekki Nigeria is everywhere. grin
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Reference(m): 12:23pm On Jun 10, 2016
sucess001:
i am sure the OP lives on the mainland...

i live in Lekki and yes i ll live ythere a million times over...so the roads are water logged at times due to flash floods...where else in Lagos isnt?

cos you cant afford to live there shouldnt make you beef the place....

moreover, most lekki residents use SUVs and aint complaining...why then are you taking medicine for another man's sickness?

Ignorant man. Instead of attending to the coming calamity of ocean rises in decades to come you are there making noise. The pacific islanders are already packing out. By the time you realise it the value of your property there will be next to nothing. I have made up my mind long ago not to buy anything on the island anymore and to sell all my holdings there by 2020. I ain't gonna be cut napping. That place won't exist in 50 years time. Nigerians are always too slow on the uptake.
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Reference(m): 12:27pm On Jun 10, 2016
iberu001:
They never see anything yet,dey won live like king,they don't know when they are sand filling,drenching and lots more,i bet it if there is 0.01% increase in ocean/sea water level, the whole area will be submerge.Now that the polar region is melting and depletion in the ozone layer which is really given the world headache.I just pity them.If you fight the nature,the nature will fight back.They should kontinue........ grin grin grin cheesy

Don't mind them. A time is coming when a built up plot will be offered for 10,000 and no one will take it because it will cost more to hire a boat to retrieve whatever value is left.
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 10, 2016
Rebekkah:
So the government will come and dig your gutter out eh. What do you know about sanitation Mr rich mentality? Shame on you.
You've never heard of submerged lands before in your tax paying and 'suving' life, right? Keep waiting for the flood to dry out on its own and one day you'll SUV into the Atlantic.
No offense 'taxie'!

Bleep that shit lady, I am not complaining here, you are the one complaining. I got more important thing to think about than flood.
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by olawale100: 1:18pm On Jun 10, 2016
Some parts (Not all) of Lekki floods yearly and there was a particular year when Tinubu was still the governor that a part of Admilralty road (leading to the Lagoon) opposite Prince Adelowo Adedeji actually caved in.

People live in Lekki for many reasons, one of such is that, people that work around VI, Ikoyi and Ajah prefer to live near the offices in order to avoid daily traffic that can be as many as 6 hours to and fro.

VI even flooded badly yesterday, what else do you expect from a reclaimed expanse of land. Most part of Lagos is below sea level.

But is it possible to manage this flood? I think the answer is yes. Venice, Italy is built on water.

This is an engineering problem that can be solved accordingly if our housing authorities channel their attention towards it.

As at yesterday's evening, all the massive bodies of water in the picture posted above were no where to be found.

For me o, I will live there well well
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by amadice(m): 1:24pm On Jun 10, 2016
Niyinficient:

Will you and your bigotry-bad-English gerrarahia? Don't spoil the thread with your in-built tribalism. Iti!
..professor please correct me na...at least i have passed my message.. if your pained go and hang ur self... ewu Gambia..
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by OLUJOSHINS(m): 2:13pm On Jun 10, 2016
Onuokwu:

Sufferhead!
grin grin grin

so na only sufferhead fit choke leg inside water walk abi
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by sucess001(m): 3:36pm On Jun 10, 2016
Reference:

Ignorant man. Instead of attending to the coming calamity of ocean rises in decades to come you are there making noise. The pacific islanders are already packing out. By the time you realise it the value of your property there will be next to nothing. I have made up my mind long ago not to buy anything on the island anymore and to sell all my holdings there by 2020. I ain't gonna be cut napping. That place won't exist in 50 years time. Nigerians are always too slow on the uptake.

knowledgeable man..

and your theory is based on what ecological finding?

who says you will be around in 50 years time?

Shift!
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by JOAN11(f): 3:44pm On Jun 10, 2016
dauntless15:
for were? I d my comfy dry land o, and HELL YEAH i mean the mermaid comment, thank God flood doesn't discriminate between the high class and the low class, enjoy your lekki haven preeqs
lol
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by lordcenred(m): 4:20pm On Jun 10, 2016
And you think this is bad? come to akwa ibom you'll see wats worst than this
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 10, 2016
jackyraw09:

Your self steem is obviously low. always trying to seek validation in all your NL posts.

when u go post w/o trying to make it known that u live in the US.

Ppl like u have social anxiety issues irl im pretty sure.

get a life please this is is a nigerian msg board, either get used to it or Bleep off.

"Interesting" conclusions...
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by alaskido(m): 4:41pm On Jun 10, 2016
Them go dey sleep one day, water go come carry them and their house put for lagoon.
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by johnnday222(m): 5:08pm On Jun 10, 2016
danowena:
Ofcourse I can. Just buy a good SUV or tundra to divide the water like the rod of Moses divided the red sea. Some areas in Houston Texas are worse than this. wink

bro,u can say dat ova n ova again...bt just manage go "olabode George" behind zenith tower at ajose adeogun....u go knw say even "moses" rode no go fit divide d water wey dey there nt to talk of suv.I dey talk abt water wey even canoe no go fit move ontop am ...LOL
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 10, 2016
No I won't.

I live on strategic high ground for logistical reasons.

Take the high ground advantage.
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Jarus(m): 5:37pm On Jun 10, 2016
Gamesmart:

Why do you prefer Ajah to a place like Surulere or Yaba?

Well, my first stay in Lagos was in that side (living with my brother). So i became so used to it. Now, I have settled there as a landlord.

Not easy to settle in Yaba/Surulere with your own house. Those are already fully built/developed area, Ajah is a developing area.
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Gamesmart: 6:50pm On Jun 10, 2016
Jarus:

Well, my first stay in Lagos was in that side (living with my brother). So i became so used to it. Now, I have settled there as a landlord.

Not easy to settle in Yaba/Surulere with your own house. Those are already fully built/developed area, Ajah is a developing area.

Okay, you are looking for house building opportunity.

What about flooding palava?
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by mufutau55(m): 8:26pm On Jun 10, 2016
n3xt:

That's only if you're aware of the challenge before paying for a property in the area.
Otherwise, the beautiful structures and lovely edifice around would make you pay. The consolation will be "Orun nya'bo... Bi t'enikan ko"
Meanwhile this is no big deal if there's proper water exclusion strategy.
#StopTheWaterBeforeItStopsYou

Of course... it's only now that I am aware of the area. If I know the area is like that, I won't even try it.
But we don't like to individually create a good water channel in Naija, even big people waiting for Govt. to do everything for them.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by n3xt(m): 9:15pm On Jun 10, 2016
mufutau55:

Of course... it's only now that I am aware of the area. If I know the area is like that, I won't even try it.
But we don't like to individually create a good water channel in Naija, even big people waiting for Govt. to do everything for them.

Hajji M.

Just exactly the problem. We want to build millions naira edifices and not want to put couple of thousands or more into proper drainage and its constant maintenance.

Govt cannot do everything for us even if they have the capacity to do it.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Jarus(m): 10:58pm On Jun 10, 2016
Gamesmart:

Okay, you are looking for house building opportunity.

What about flooding palava?

Bros, no be only me dey stay there. It has become a way of life. We finf our way round it.
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Chekitaut: 11:42pm On Jun 10, 2016
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by anonimi: 5:46am On Jun 11, 2016
ipledge5:
I think some areas are more prone to flood than others...no week will go without hearing about flood is some part of Texas.no matter how much it rained in NY within an hour you will only see wet roads..I think flood is not what Government or Richard people can control.

Are the PERENNIALLY flooded parts of Texas the chic, EXPENSIVE parts of the state like Lekki is in Lagos state

Jarus:
Bros, no be only me dey stay there. It has become a way of life. We finf our way round it.

When shall we stop JUSTIFYING the governance FAILURES of those we EMPLOYED to serve us

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/pcvhprupz53v0i2s3lqkiiftaebf16ps1287728[/img]
Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by danowena: 6:59am On Jun 11, 2016
anonimi:

Are the PERENNIALLY flooded parts of Texas the chic, EXPENSIVE parts of the state like Lekki is in Lagos state

When shall we stop JUSTIFYING the governance FAILURES of those we EMPLOYED to serve us

I agree with you on " ..stop JUSTIFYING the governance FAILURES of those we EMPLOYED to serve us "
However, you need to do a little research on your question " Are the PERENNIALLY flooded parts of Texas the chic, EXPENSIVE parts of the state like Lekki is in Lagos state "
. You will be shocked at what you will find out.

However, one thing common to all the flood prone areas globally is lack of or inadequate drainage.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by anonimi: 7:09am On Jun 11, 2016
danowena:
I agree with you on " ..stop JUSTIFYING the governance FAILURES of those we EMPLOYED to serve us "
However, you need to do a little research on your question " Are the PERENNIALLY flooded parts of Texas the chic, EXPENSIVE parts of the state like Lekki is in Lagos state "
. You will be shocked at what you will find out.

Many thanks for your comment that addresses the two different but interrelated elements of my post.
I will follow your advice about Texas.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Paulipopor: 7:52am On Jun 11, 2016
Jamean:
Paulipopor do you still like Lekki ? grin

Lekki has its advantages. I still prefer the worst places in Lekki to the best places in Mushin. MyChoice cool!

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) by Homeyfav: 5:56pm On Jan 25, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos / Landlord Blocks Hotel Entrance With Loads Of Granite Stones For Owing Rent (pic) / Many Pupils Still Trapped In Lagos School Building Collapse (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.