Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins (42383 Views)

Photos From Stephen's Keshi Funeral Service In Benin. See His Coffin. / Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) / Funeral Service Of John Ene Okon (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by elopee3000(m): 9:54pm On Jun 09, 2016
may ali rest in perfect peace ,but black americans thinking islam is good for them re joking untill they visit dubai there they will know that white man first then dubai indignes before peoples from asia blacks re last grade if u wan try go saudi arabia

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by macapie20(m): 9:56pm On Jun 09, 2016
Sun re' o
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Martartins(m): 9:58pm On Jun 09, 2016
Ishilove:

I thought muslims are buried before 6pm on the day of their death? Why is Ali's own different?
. America is -5 GMT
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by kizz007: 10:05pm On Jun 09, 2016
Receive sense in Jesus name.
ucheezeigbo:
The Greatest of All Time. GOAT ALI
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by SIRRDIQ(m): 10:05pm On Jun 09, 2016
cyojunior1:
Was he embalmed ?
did u look inside?........nawao American Muslim funny o
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Oklander: 10:06pm On Jun 09, 2016
Ishilove:

So Islamic tenets are selectively practiced? Different rules for the elites and hoi polloi?

In the light of recent happenings in the country, this hypocrisy is nauseating.
Hypocrisy by who or what? If what you have in mind is "Islam', then you are the most hypocritical entity here, you haven't even heard/read any Islamic injunction or a credible Islamic source as to why his case is an exception if that really is an exception, you only read a comment here and have concluded about hypocrisy! We Muslims do not really care about about what most of you thinks though.

That said... Islamicaly, the dead is to be buried the same day he/she died. however there can be circumstance that may not allow a burial to occur the day it happened, take for instance a dead body which is not found the same day it died, that shouldn't stop an Islamic burial from been performed when finally found does it?! So in this case here, there may be a good reason for the family to delay the burial and that shouldn't stop the burial rights from been performed when he is to be buried. Views expressed here is mostly mine and not that of any laid out Islamic injunction. ...Allah knows best!

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by kenoz(m): 10:06pm On Jun 09, 2016
RIP the greatest
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by eitsei(m): 10:08pm On Jun 09, 2016
Ishilove:

So Islamic tenets are selectively practiced? Different rules for the elites and hoi polloi?

In the light of recent happenings in the country, this hypocrisy is nauseating.
the tenets of Islam is not selectively practiced.. Ali don't have much say on how and when he should be buried anymore because he can no longer talk or air his opinion... Among his family he was the only practicing Muslim who understood the religion better if his family were like that too he would have been buried latest the second day after his death and because he was a celebrity you know all the fanfare that would come with it,

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Richy4(m): 10:11pm On Jun 09, 2016
Is that Will Smith?the one in white?
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by eitsei(m): 10:13pm On Jun 09, 2016
KingTom:
A coffin? And two days later? I'm confused
a Muslim won't be buried with a coffin, the coffin can only be used to carry his corpse

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Lilimax(f): 10:14pm On Jun 09, 2016
Ishilove:

I thought muslims are buried before 6pm on the day of their death? Why is Ali's own different?
The same question I asked abi there own Koran different?
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by abdussalam(m): 10:18pm On Jun 09, 2016
EWAagoyin:
Proud to be a non radical cool Muslim
Meaning?

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by greatjoey: 10:19pm On Jun 09, 2016
sugarbelly:
Two days of funeral ceremonies bidding farewell to Muhammad Ali began today with a Muslim prayer service in the Kentucky hometown of the beloved boxing legend and civil rights hero.

Photos below

Source: http://www.latestamebonaija.com/2016/06/photos-muslim-funeral-service-begins.html

There is one thing that is common amongst Christians that later converted to Islam having succeeded in their careers as Christians. Michael Jackson, Mike Tyson, Mohammed Ali, Bradshaw Irling, Ahmad Deedat come
to mind. Could it be a coincidence? My thought.

5 Likes

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by danthamccoy(m): 10:21pm On Jun 09, 2016
You guys, he must have had an autopsy carried out on him that's why he wasn't buried same day. I would have thought that is obvious. He was American after all. They don't just accept that someone is dead and so there is no need to know why.
Disgusted at all the slowpokes who have grabbed this opportunity to show their bigotry instead of using their brains. Smh.
Ali was also Nation of Islam, not a conventional muslim.

6 Likes

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by cmax16: 10:23pm On Jun 09, 2016
Ishilove:

Muhammad Ali belongs to a group called "Nation of Islam" led by Elijah Muhammad from 1934-1975. He was a mentor to Louise Farrakhan, Malcolm X, Muhammad Ali and his son Warret Deen Mohammed.

NOI is an African-American Islamic religious movement founded in Detroit Wallace D Farad Muhammad on July 4th 1930.

Technically, they are a group of black Muslim's. The Nation of Islam does not hide it prejudices. The organisations philosophy has been, from its earliest days, racist to the core. It's founder Farad Muhammad taught that the white race was produced thousands of years ago in a failed laboratory experiment by an evil wizard called Yacub.

So while they are technically muslims, as seen by their visit to mecca to perform the pilgrimage (Muhammad Ali inclusive), they maintained their autonomy and remained a sect guided by their own outright philosophy.

This could explain why they didn't necessarily adhered to the rule of burying before dusk.

3 Likes

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Lilimax(f): 10:23pm On Jun 09, 2016
abdussalam:
Meaning?
Majority of Muslims are radical embarassed Check out the northern Muslims shocked

3 Likes

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by EWAagoyin(m): 10:26pm On Jun 09, 2016
abdussalam:
Meaning?
you will always see me preach peace not beheading people upanddown

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by annnikky(f): 10:36pm On Jun 09, 2016
Ishilove:

Muslims get level xo I think his level is high
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Kingy10: 10:43pm On Jun 09, 2016
Oklander:
Hypocrisy by who or what? If what you have in mind is "Islam', then you are the most hypocritical entity here, you haven't even heard/read any Islamic injunction or a credible Islamic source as to why his case is an exception if that really is an exception, you only read a comment here and have concluded about hypocrisy! We Muslims do not really care about about what most of you thinks though.

That said... Islamicaly, the dead is to be buried the same day he/she died. however there can be circumstance that may not allow a burial to occur the day it happened, take for instance a dead body which is not found the same day it died, that shouldn't stop an Islamic burial from been performed when finally found does it?! So in this case here, there may be a good reason for the family to delay the burial and that shouldn't stop the burial rights from been performed when he is to be buried. Views expressed here is mostly mine and not that of any laid out Islamic injunction. ...Allah knows best!
But the example u cited doesn't correspond with Mohammed Ali's death....he died of disease, even the late Kogi state governor that autopsy was supposed to be carried on about his death, he was buried ASAP.

4 Likes

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by nortcentrallord(m): 10:45pm On Jun 09, 2016
KingTom:
A coffin? And two days later? I'm confused

The islam practiced in Northern Nigeria is clearly different from that of the western world. The northern elites have blind folded their people so they can be in perpetual bondage and under their mercy for ever. If only real muslims will translate the Koran in English and send it to the North and West, all this useless Ranka dede sir will end.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by KingTom(m): 10:48pm On Jun 09, 2016
eitsei:
a Muslim won't be buried with a coffin, the coffin can only be used to carry his corpse
ok thanks for the clarification

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:48pm On Jun 09, 2016
cmax16:

Muhammad Ali belongs to a group called "Nation of Islam" led by Elijah Muhammad from 1934-1975. He was a mentor to Louise Farrakhan, Malcolm X, Muhammad Ali and his son Warret Deen Mohammed.

NOI is an African-American Islamic religious movement founded in Detroit Wallace D Farad Muhammad on July 4th 1930.

Technically, they are a group of black Muslim's. The Nation of Islam does not hide it prejudices. The organisations philosophy has been, from its earliest days, racist to the core. It's founder Farad Muhammad taught that the white race was produced thousands of years ago in a failed laboratory experiment by an evil wizard called Yacub.

So while they are technically muslims, as seen by their visit to mecca to perform the pilgrimage (Muhammad Ali inclusive), they maintained their autonomy and remained a sect guided by their own outright philosophy.

This could explain why they didn't necessarily adhered to the rule of burying before dusk.

Please, do your research well. Muhammed Ali and Malcolm X denounced Nation of Islam. They were Sunni muslims.
About his burial it all depends on the decision of his family, sometimes the deceased might gave them his words when he was alive, this is how he wants to be buried.
Muslims don't bury with casket, they can use the casket to carry his corpse to the cemetery.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by KingTom(m): 10:49pm On Jun 09, 2016
nortcentrallord:

The islam practiced in Northern Nigeria is clearly different from that of the western world. The northern elites have blind folded their people so they can be in perpetual bondage and under their mercy for ever. If only real muslims will translate the Koran in English and send it to the North and West, all this useless Ranka dede sir will end.
hmmmm well I agree that the northern Muslims are a bit radical and extreme in their approach but not so with the southern Muslims they are the ones who have the right to call Islam a religion of peace I wish their northern counterparts can learn from them

5 Likes

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 09, 2016
KingTom:
[b] I'm confused [b]

Keep being confused!

It's best to bury the dead almost immediately.

He's never gonna be buried with that coffin. You can't be moving a dead body up n down in public uncased- that's why he's been place in a coffin.

Ali wouldn't have wanted to be carried like this.

It is not permissible to delay (burial) except within the limits of what is needed to prepare him or to wait for his relatives or neighbours to come, if that will not take too long according to local custom, because Prophet Muhammed (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Hasten to bury your dead….”

It is not permitted to hold a “wake” for him, or to set up pavilions (for mourners to gather), i.e., so called mourning rituals. Those who could not attend the funeral may pray over his grave, if he was in the city where he was, within a period of two months, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed over the grave of Umm Sa’d one month after her burial.

5 Likes

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by nortcentrallord(m): 10:55pm On Jun 09, 2016
KingTom:
hmmmm well I agree that the northern Muslims are a bit radical and extreme in their approach but not so with the southern Muslims they are the ones who have the right to call Islam a religion of peace I wish their northern counterparts can learn from them

Education has really changed the views of the western muslims. If only northerners will allow their people get educated.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by funkybully(f): 10:57pm On Jun 09, 2016
danthamccoy:
You guys, he must have had an autopsy carried out on him that's why he wasn't buried same day. I would have thought that is obvious. He was American after all. They don't just accept that someone is dead and so there is no need to know why.
Disgusted at all the slowpokes who have grabbed this opportunity to show their bigotry instead of using their brains. Smh.
Ali was also Nation of Islam, not a conventional muslim.

Which autopsy? Where did u get that from? Ali died of respiratory related disease coupled with Parkinson disease he suffered

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by AnanseK(m): 10:59pm On Jun 09, 2016
pussyscrubber:
HE USED HIS RELIGIOUS OPPORTUNITIES TO MARRY MANY WIVES...LUCKILY BECAUSE OF HIS WEALTH THERE WERE NO ALMAJIRIS LIKE THE ONES THAT FOLLOW MAMMALS AROUND

Which religious opportunity did joe Frazier use to have the many wives he had. Your are just pretending and being hypocritical not to know that rich Christian prominent persons are also polygamous.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by KingTom(m): 11:01pm On Jun 09, 2016
nortcentrallord:

Education has really changed the views of the western muslims. If only northerners will allow their people get educated.
you're Right, the key word is education

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by KingTom(m): 11:01pm On Jun 09, 2016
sabama007:

Keep being confused!

It's best to bury the dead almost immediately.

He's never gonna be buried with that coffin. You can't be moving a dead body up n down in public uncased- that's why he's been place in a coffin.

Ali wouldn't have wanted to be carried like this.

It is not permissible to delay (burial) except within the limits of what is needed to prepare him or to wait for his relatives or neighbours to come, if that will not take too long according to local custom, because Prophet Muhammed (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Hasten to bury your dead….”

It is not permitted to hold a “wake” for him, or to set up pavilions (for mourners to gather), i.e., so called mourning rituals. Those who could not attend the funeral may pray over his grave, if he was in the city where he was, within a period of two months, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed over the grave of Umm Sa’d one month after her burial.
You said I should keep being confused then you went ahead to explain

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by mrnuur(m): 11:04pm On Jun 09, 2016
it will be nicer if you ask questions rather than making insulting comments on what you know nothing about

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Celebrates His Twin Daughters, Ava & Mia's 6th Birthday / Fans React As Man Utd Remove Ronaldo's Picture From Fan Channel / Nominees Revealed For 2020/21 UEFA Player Of The Year Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.