Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins (42378 Views)

Photos From Stephen's Keshi Funeral Service In Benin. See His Coffin. / Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) / Funeral Service Of John Ene Okon (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Nobody: 4:47am On Jun 10, 2016
olajizz01:
Why are u calling him goat?is it because he was a muslim?u this useless bigot from useless region.

He meant Greatest Of All Time
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Nobody: 5:00am On Jun 10, 2016
Ishilove:

I thought muslims are buried before 6pm on the day of their death? Why is Ali's own different?

You thought wrong! period.
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by eitsei(m): 5:10am On Jun 10, 2016
KingTom:
ok thanks for the clarification
you are welcome grin
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Ishilove: 5:23am On Jun 10, 2016
Surd2121:
Family's decision fa.....read on Guardian that His Muslim relatives are angry that His Wife chose not to bury him on the day he died according to Islamic rites.....you can keep go on Google, do your research or keep wallowing in ignorance ma.
Why are you muslims always on the defensive? Y'all need to chill and stop making Islam seem like a religion of intolerance (which, going by all that is happening all over the world, makes me inclined to believe that it really is)

This also goes out to most of those who quoted me.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Kushkash: 5:25am On Jun 10, 2016
Ishilove:

Why are you muslims always on the defensive? Y'all need to chill and stop making Islam seem like a religion of intolerance (which, going by all that is happening all over the world, makes me inclined to believe that it really is)

This also goes out to most of those who quoted me.
then ask if u don't know.
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Ishilove: 5:30am On Jun 10, 2016
Giyerte:

Ignorant...

so if a Muslim dies by 5:30, he must still be buried by 6:00 ?

No fixed time, what Islam preaches is early burial and not keeping him for weeks.
What the muslims I have around me told me is completely different from what you're claiming.

Of course I'm ignorant of Islamic practices. Am I a muslim? What I know of Islam is what muslims themselves have told me and what I have observed overtime.
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Oklander: 5:32am On Jun 10, 2016
usermane:

Prophet Muhammad was not buried the day he died. Even traditional Muslim scholars attest this.

Seriously, what reason passes to delay a burial? Whenever a burial is delayed by a family, they have their "good reason" for delay. Reasons which to you may be genuine and to me may be not be genuine. And vice-versa.

What you as well as the non-Muslims here fail to understand is this; For every doctrine in a religion, there are multiple, diverse interpretations and Islam is no exception. What one Muslim scholar believe to be Islam may be seen unIslamic or anti-Islamic to another scholar. This why you have Muslims who believe in 3 daily prayers rather than 5, lashing married adulterers rather than stoning to death, breaking the fast at the full dark night, rather than clear sunset. Perhaps, M. Ali or his family just didn't believe that immediate burial of the dead is a required Islamic funeral rite. That may explain why his burial has been delayed for about a week from his death.
Allah knows best!
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Ishilove: 5:32am On Jun 10, 2016
Kushkash:
then ask if u don't know.
My original comment on this thread were in the form of two questions. TWO QUESTIONS.
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by bustabo(m): 5:35am On Jun 10, 2016
[quote author=Lilimax post=46429802]Majority of Muslims are radical embarassed Check out the northern Muslims shocked[/quote
The fool has spoken!
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by dhorlipizzu(m): 5:37am On Jun 10, 2016
mu2sa2:
Why do you guys like twisting facts? When did Muhammad Ali "marry many wives"? His first wife left him because he accepted Islam. He had to remarry and this one divorced him citing "his infidelities". He wedded another woman, and she remained his wife for over 30 years - until his death. At no time was Ali married to more than one woman nor did he divorce his wife -they left him. You may not like the religion he chose for himself but his faith is none of your business. All his life Ali chose truth over falsehood, kindness over wickedness, open-mindedness over bigotry, confidence over fear - anchored on faith in Allah. He lived and died a quintessential Muslim.
salam
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by lordkhalifa(m): 5:38am On Jun 10, 2016
gmaa:

History will remember Buhari for being a president during your father's generation your generation and your small little poo generation. Mtchew
zombie alert, gaudy Internet-
addicted spawn of a mad scientist, and then what history will remember your poor father
I knew u don't have, nuisance, please do me a favour and swerve
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Nusaf: 5:50am On Jun 10, 2016
Olaide1295:

what u think does not matter...
Ali died few days ago and is being buried now
That's all.... No cutting him up and sucking up all d fluid in him as in d case of embalming
Correct.
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Nusaf: 5:51am On Jun 10, 2016
Anas4sure:
may Allah forgive him
Amin, Ya Rabbi.
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Nusaf: 6:03am On Jun 10, 2016
mu2sa2:
Why do you guys like twisting facts? When did Muhammad Ali "marry many wives"? His first wife left him because he accepted Islam. He had to remarry and this one divorced him citing "his infidelities". He wedded another woman, and she remained his wife for over 30 years - until his death. At no time was Ali married to more than one woman nor did he divorce his wife -they left him. You may not like the religion he chose for himself but his faith is none of your business. All his life Ali chose truth over falsehood, kindness over wickedness, open-mindedness over bigotry, confidence over fear - anchored on faith in Allah. He lived and died a quintessential Muslim.
May Allah shower His abundant blessings upon you. I just don't understand all these intrusions into how Islam is being practised. And funny enough, if u challenge them for comparison of religions, they will decline. I have had several encounters with the Christian Evangelists but even from the basics of the two religions they will start running out of facts and the next thing is 'I have an appointment' and all that. But they will come online and start making comments that are completely off track.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Feyikemi12(f): 6:04am On Jun 10, 2016
Olaide1295:

what u think does not matter...
Ali died few days ago and is being buried now
That's all.... No cutting him up and sucking up all d fluid in him as in d case of embalming
so u mean he wasn't embalmed
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by 2sexycom(m): 6:07am On Jun 10, 2016
abdussalam:
Meaning?
You want to kill him for his choice or what? He said he is no forking radical muslim and who the he'll are you to ask "Meaning"? What gave you that authority or audacity to ask such question?

I will never step my foot up North but the day any Muslim crosses my path down South and wrongly, I pray the devil does consume me that day cos he will bear the brunt of my anger, God help him if he is a NORTHER MUSLIM. Forking Killers and Murderers.
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by 2badForReal: 6:11am On Jun 10, 2016
Pyno30:
If only Keshi will be Honoured This way

Sure he will
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by 19naia(m): 6:14am On Jun 10, 2016
Passed by the funeral celebration today but did not enter. Lots of people and traffic.

I went to his old house where he was raised in early age and first took up the art of boxing. I got these pictures. I am from the same home town as he is, so its not far for me to go and see all these. I even lived for some time on a major boulevard named after him.

3 Likes

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by KingTom(m): 6:22am On Jun 10, 2016
eitsei:
you are welcome grin
wink
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by KingTom(m): 6:23am On Jun 10, 2016
sabama007:

cheesy

Lmao

That's part of d confusion. Lol
Hahahahaha thanks for the explanation nonetheless grin
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by cmax16: 6:38am On Jun 10, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Please, do your research well. Muhammed Ali and Malcolm X denounced Nation of Islam. They were Sunni muslims.
About his burial it all depends on the decision of his family, sometimes the deceased might gave them his words when he was alive, this is how he wants to be buried.
Muslims don't bury with casket, they can use the casket to carry his corpse to the cemetery.

Yes he did, it was even Elijah Muhammad's son Wallace Mohammed that led them to join the more inclusive sunni Muslim after the death of his father, but obviously that radicalised thinking in Ali never gave way. A Sunni Muslim that accepts the embodiment of its teachings will never ask to be buried in a casket.
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by obiakorEmmanuel(m): 6:53am On Jun 10, 2016
As you depart from mother earth today, you live forever in our heart. Drop your tribute on twitter using #RIPALI
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Roon9(m): 6:55am On Jun 10, 2016
mu2sa2:

If only all Muslims think n talk like u
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by kiuusm(m): 7:07am On Jun 10, 2016
Ishilove:

I thought muslims are buried before 6pm on the day of their death? Why is Ali's own different?

No one said before 6p.m on the day of their death... it is recommended as soon as possible but not compulsory/obligatory

ask question if you don't know pls!
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by annnikky(f): 7:07am On Jun 10, 2016
Giyerte:

Ignorant...

so if a Muslim dies by 5:30, he must still be buried by 6:00?

No fixed time, what Islam preaches is early burial and not keeping him for weeks.
Really?
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by ElCapone(m): 7:10am On Jun 10, 2016
Chanchit:

yaradua's case comes to mind. All animals are just not equal. smh
and how was yaradaua buried?
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Giyerte(m): 7:20am On Jun 10, 2016
Ishilove:

What the muslims I have around me told me is completely different from what you're claiming.
Of course I'm ignorant of Islamic practices. Am I a muslim? What I know of Islam is what muslims themselves have told me and what I have observed overtime.
woodcook:

Please dont be angry. Can you kindly explain to those of that are interested in learning under circumstance can a Muslim burial be postponed. Thanks
annnikky:

Really?
woodcook:

Please dont be angry. Can you kindly explain to those of that are interested in learning under circumstance can a Muslim burial be postponed. Thanks

Things that must not be delayed in Islam.

1) Salah(prayer) when its time arrives, 2) Offering the janazah(burial) salah when the bier is present and 3) Marriage of a woman whose match is found

The scholars in Islam are unanimous in their opinion that it is considered undesirable to delay the burial unless it be for a genuine and valid reason, like the absence of the guardian of the deceased, or if situation is beyond one’s control where the police or the governing authorities have kept the body for investigation, etc. The scholars are of the opinion that the burial may be delayed only for the guardian of the deceased to reach the funeral, provided no physical deterioration in the condition of the body is feared from such delay.

But to delay the burial of the deceased for a period of time, without any valid and compelling reason, or only so that all the relatives may be able to join the funeral would be undesirable.
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Giyerte(m): 7:33am On Jun 10, 2016
woodcook:

Ishilove:

annnikky:

Really?
Ishilove:

Nonetheless, if there is a necessity for delaying the burial, then this is permissible.

As regards putting the dead in the freezer and whether or not he/she feels cold, then according to the view that it is permissible to delay the burial for a necessity, then it is permissible to put the dead in a freezer; rather, it might be that this is an obligation in order to prevent him/her from being decomposed.
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by amy4Christ20: 7:39am On Jun 10, 2016
since when did they start using coffin, I thought an mat
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by sats: 7:41am On Jun 10, 2016
Ishilove:

The same thing i was going to ask, nigeria can carry religion for head like say na them get am

Hypocrites!
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by annnikky(f): 7:46am On Jun 10, 2016
Giyerte:

Things that must not be delayed in Islam.

1) Salah(prayer) when its time arrives, 2) Offering the janazah(burial) salah when the bier is present and 3) Marriage of a woman whose match is found

The scholars in Islam are unanimous in their opinion that it is considered undesirable to delay the burial unless it be for a genuine and valid reason, like the absence of the guardian of the deceased, or if situation is beyond one’s control where the police or the governing authorities have kept the body for investigation, etc. The scholars are of the opinion that the burial may be delayed only for the guardian of the deceased to reach the funeral, provided no physical deterioration in the condition of the body is feared from such delay.

But to delay the burial of the deceased for a period of time, without any valid and compelling reason, or only so that all the relatives may be able to join the funeral would be undesirable.
Buh in Mohammad Ali's case is different from wat u're explaining here.
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Osegancy(m): 7:46am On Jun 10, 2016
THE BURIAL IS OUT OF ISLAMIC RITES....AT LIST THE CORP SHOULDN'T STAY FOR LESSTHAN 24HOURS AFTER GIVEN UP.

ALLAH YASA MU DACE AMEEN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Week 14 - 1.2.x. Football Pools Forecast / Mikel Obi Celebrates His Twin Daughters, Ava & Mia's 6th Birthday / Fans React As Man Utd Remove Ronaldo's Picture From Fan Channel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.