Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins (42380 Views)

Photos From Stephen's Keshi Funeral Service In Benin. See His Coffin. / Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) / Funeral Service Of John Ene Okon (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by abgold: 7:50am On Jun 10, 2016
[quote author=mu2sa2 post=46429070]Why do you guys like twisting facts? When did Muhammad Ali "marry many wives"? His first wife left him because he accepted Islam. He had to remarry and this one divorced him citing "his infidelities". He wedded another woman, and she remained his wife for over 30 years - until his death. At no time was Ali married to more than one woman nor did he divorce his wife -they left him. You may not like the religion he chose for himself but his faith is none of your business. All his life Ali chose truth over falsehood, kindness over wickedness, open-mindedness over bigotry, confidence over fear - anchored on faith in Allah. He lived and died a quintessential Muslim.[/
quote]
i meant you're just on point!!!
you're point!!!

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Oilandgas1(m): 8:14am On Jun 10, 2016
olajizz01:
Muslims can use casket to convey the dead beside his/her grave,and then remove him/her to bury.No muslim must be buried with casket.

Ok
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Oilandgas1(m): 8:15am On Jun 10, 2016
hasyn04:
NOPE! Just to convey the body

Ok
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by younglas: 8:24am On Jun 10, 2016
ucheezeigbo:
The Greatest of All Time. GOAT ALI
I think you are the real goat here

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Codyt(m): 8:24am On Jun 10, 2016
Nice one my guy man!
mu2sa2:
Why do you guys like twisting facts? When did Muhammad Ali "marry many wives"? His first wife left him because he accepted Islam. He had to remarry and this one divorced him citing "his infidelities". He wedded another woman, and she remained his wife for over 30 years - until his death. At no time was Ali married to more than one woman nor did he divorce his wife -they left him. You may not like the religion he chose for himself but his faith is none of your business. All his life Ali chose truth over falsehood, kindness over wickedness, open-mindedness over bigotry, confidence over fear - anchored on faith in Allah. He lived and died a quintessential Muslim.
The way we twist things sha. God dey

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:29am On Jun 10, 2016
lordkhalifa:
Bull-hari please follow suit grincheesygrin
Anybody that wishes someone dead, that kind of people do leave the surface of this earth earlier than the person they wished evil. How are you sure you wi
l see the end of this year. Always fear God in anything you do or you say.
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by silvertuke(m): 8:32am On Jun 10, 2016
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Pyno30: 8:38am On Jun 10, 2016
2badForReal:

Surely he will
this is Nigeria.
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Giyerte(m): 8:39am On Jun 10, 2016
annnikky:

Buh in Mohammad Ali's case is different from wat u're explaining here.

Nonetheless, if there is a necessity for delaying the burial, then this is permissible.

The family can answer it coz they are aware of early burial in Islam. And the reason y dey delayed it is known to them and which might be in accordance to Islamic principle.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by peter1994(m): 8:42am On Jun 10, 2016
Giyerte:

So na bare hand dem go use carry am from hospital to burial ground

No, there wrap in cloth and some kind of wood
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:43am On Jun 10, 2016
Ishilove:

What the muslims I have around me told me is completely different from what you're claiming.

Of course I'm ignorant of Islamic practices. Am I a muslim? What I know of Islam is what muslims themselves have told me and what I have observed overtime.
When you don't know something, do not comment on it, you have to ask people that knows about. Islamic burial is a wide subject on its own.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Amiee99(f): 8:46am On Jun 10, 2016
Some people go just dey hate anyhow.
Some talking about what they don't know.
I tire for Nigerians
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by annnikky(f): 8:50am On Jun 10, 2016
Giyerte:

Nonetheless, if there is a necessity for delaying the burial, then this is permissible.

The family can answer it coz they are aware of early burial in Islam. And the reason y dey delayed it is known to them and which might be in accordance to Islamic principle.
OK ooo
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:51am On Jun 10, 2016
amy4Christ20:
since when did they start using coffin, I thought an mat
If we keep telling you to do research you won't, many of you talk from assumptions but instead of you to talk with presumptions. Coffins are used to convey corpses to the cemetery. Some mosques have coffins.
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:55am On Jun 10, 2016
Osegancy:
THE BURIAL IS OUT OF ISLAMIC RITES....AT LIST THE CORP SHOULDN'T STAY FOR LESSTHAN 24HOURS AFTER GIVEN UP.

ALLAH YASA MU DACE AMEEN
That doesn't change the fact that he wasn't a muslim. His family should be blamed for this, that is why it is good to have family that understands religion better. Ali is late, he can't air his opinion.
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by delishpot: 9:08am On Jun 10, 2016
It is going to be well. Life continues may peace reign on earth
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by fxskye: 9:10am On Jun 10, 2016
annnikky:

Buh in Mohammad Ali's case is different from wat u're explaining here.

So, what's different here? For better understanding of the reasons that warranted the delay, ASK Muhammad Ali's FAMILY! Then, you might understand.
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by hamzyluv(m): 9:25am On Jun 10, 2016
amclimax:
Religious is really a hoax... I thought Muslims don't use caskets and that they bury you immediately.... Anyway na earth here e end ... RIP to the greatest
thanks for d question ? Muslim normally use casket to carry the body to the graveyard depending on the distance .. .. even some mosque have their own casket put in place should in case. but the casket will be returned after the body has been dropped.... Muslim bury immediately but what is the first child is in America , second in Lagos/Abuja . and the burial rite suppose be in Ondo state, now tell me how such s burial won't be delay .... or maybe political figure or so ... in some cases , they can use casket if the family agreed.. eg . late right activist Gani Fawehinmi in ondo state ...

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by babayinka77(m): 9:47am On Jun 10, 2016
Ishilove:

I thought muslims are buried before 6pm on the day of their death? Why is Ali's own different?
There's no time stated in the qur'an for burial in Islam. However, It is stated not to delay burial in Islam. In Mohammed Ali's case, the delay I think because it is like a state burial but to me it is not right. They ought to have buried him the very day he died or the following day if the death happens in the evening. Allah knows best.
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by babayinka77(m): 9:53am On Jun 10, 2016
hamzyluv:
thanks for d question ? Muslim normally use casket to carry the body to the graveyard depending on the distance .. .. even some mosque have their own casket put in place should in case. but the casket will be returned after the body has been dropped.... Muslim bury immediately but what is the first child is in America , second in Lagos/Abuja . and the burial rite suppose be in Ondo state, now tell me how such s burial won't be delay .... or maybe political figure or so ... in some cases , they can use casket if the family agreed.. eg . late right activist Gani Fawehinmi in ondo state ...
Muslims don't bury with caskets, we only use caskets to carry the corpse to the burial ground. It is never allowed in Islam to bury with caskets.
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by annnikky(f): 9:55am On Jun 10, 2016
fxskye:

So, what's different here? For better understanding of the reasons that warranted the delay, ASK Muhammad Ali's FAMILY! Then, you might understand.
Lol angry
Maybe u send their add., n phone no. then I'll ask them by myself or u can do me d favour n ask them tongue
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by babayinka77(m): 9:58am On Jun 10, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

That doesn't change the fact that he wasn't a muslim. His family should be blamed for this, that is why it is good to have family that understands religion better. Ali is late, he can't air his opinion.
Ali was a Muslim. He died a Muslim, if his burial is not properly done, that is not to be blamed on him but on his kins men that handled the burial. Allahu alam!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by almustopha: 10:04am On Jun 10, 2016
[quote author=mu2sa2 post=46429070]Why do you guys like twisting facts? When did Muhammad Ali "marry many wives"? His first wife left him because he accepted Islam. He had to remarry and this one divorced him citing "his infidelities". He wedded another woman, and she remained his wife for over 30 years - until his death. At no time was Ali married to more than one woman nor did he divorce his wife -they left him. You may not like the religion he chose for himself but his faith is none of your business. All his life Ali chose truth over falsehood, kindness over wickedness, open-mindedness over bigotry, confidence over fear - anchored on faith in Allah. He lived and died a quintessential Muslim.[/quote true talk my dear bro
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by BABANGBALI: 10:07am On Jun 10, 2016
Ishilove:

I thought muslims are buried before 6pm on the day of their death? Why is Ali's own different?
Ali na better muslim now,him no follow dem kill throughout his life time
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by BABANGBALI: 10:09am On Jun 10, 2016
babayinka77:

Muslims don't bury with caskets, we only use caskets to carry the corpse to the burial ground. It is never allowed in Islam to bury with caskets.
Why?
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by BABANGBALI: 10:12am On Jun 10, 2016
Osegancy:
THE BURIAL IS OUT OF ISLAMIC RITES....AT LIST THE CORP SHOULDN'T STAY FOR LESSTHAN 24HOURS AFTER GIVEN UP.

ALLAH YASA MU DACE AMEEN
see as you dey mix English together. If na Arabic now na A1 you go take
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by XfStyle: 10:21am On Jun 10, 2016
[quote author=Ishilove post=46433911]
Why are you muslims always on the defensive? /quote]
Muslims are always defensive because you always attack them with words....if you are confused about what they do,ask them properly without condemning them.....it is uncommon to see Muslims condemning Christianity ,well,everyone should stick to whatever they believe in,stick to your opinion,stick to your belief smiley
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by amclimax(m): 10:25am On Jun 10, 2016
hamzyluv:

Thanks .... I won't forget
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by XfStyle: 10:27am On Jun 10, 2016
Ishilove:

Why are you muslims always on the defensive? Y'all need to chill and stop making Islam seem like a religion of intolerance (which, going by all that is happening all over the world, makes me inclined to believe that it really is)

This also goes out to most of those who quoted me.
Muslims are always defensive because you always attack them with words....if you are confused about what they do,ask them properly without condemning them.....it is uncommon to see Muslims condemning Christianity ,well,everyone should stick to whatever they believe in,stick to your opinion,stick to your belief
smiley
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by iamlimo(m): 10:41am On Jun 10, 2016
Olaide1295:

what u think does not matter...
Ali died few days ago and is being buried now
That's all.... No cutting him up and sucking up all d fluid in him as in d case of embalming
you didn't answer his question... you could have just kept shut...
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by iamlimo(m): 10:44am On Jun 10, 2016
mu2sa2:
Why do you guys like twisting facts? When did Muhammad Ali "marry many wives"? His first wife left him because he accepted Islam. He had to remarry and this one divorced him citing "his infidelities". He wedded another woman, and she remained his wife for over 30 years - until his death. At no time was Ali married to more than one woman nor did he divorce his wife -they left him. You may not like the religion he chose for himself but his faith is none of your business. All his life Ali chose truth over falsehood, kindness over wickedness, open-mindedness over bigotry, confidence over fear - anchored on faith in Allah. He lived and died a quintessential Muslim.
slowpoke he had extra marital affairs especially when he came to Ghana, nigga couldn't restrict the coast girls
Re: Muhammad Ali's Muslim Funeral Service Begins by iamlimo(m): 10:46am On Jun 10, 2016
Amiee99:
Some people go just dey hate anyhow. Some talking about what they don't know. I tire for Nigerians
just like you sis; i tire for people like you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Week 14 - 1.2.x. Football Pools Forecast / Mikel Obi Celebrates His Twin Daughters, Ava & Mia's 6th Birthday / Fans React As Man Utd Remove Ronaldo's Picture From Fan Channel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.