Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. (3854 Views)

Wike Leads The Arrest Of 15 Mechanics In Rivers Over Black Soot. PICS / Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation / Military Descends On Arepo Vandals Hideout In Operation Awathe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by BiafranJesus: 11:38am On Jun 10, 2016
The world is finally speaking out against the brutal and unprovoked killing of Biafrans last month. BBC, Dailymail, Reuters and other international media have shown outrage and disgust at the killing of IPOB members.

It looks like the world is seeing reason with the Biafrans who want freedom from Nigeria.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-36497380

Nigeria's military has killed at least 17 supporters of Biafran independence, according to Amnesty International.
The rights group called on Nigeria's government to investigate the deaths in the south-eastern city of Onitsha last month.
The Nigerian military described the claims as unfounded and misleading.
At least one million people died in the 1967-70 civil war started by Biafran secessionists. Protests have resumed over the past year.

According to Amnesty, some of those who died were members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (Ipob), a group campaigning for Biafran independence.
Some had been shot in the back, an indication that they were fleeing the scene, Amnesty said.
Ipob says Nigeria's government is dominated by northerners and has not done enough to develop the mostly Igbo-speaking south-eastern parts of Nigeria.

South African News:
http://www.sabc.co.za/news/a/6d2b4b004d1460dfb549f793fd523eaa/Amnesty-accuses-Nigerian-army-of-killing-17-Biafran-separatists-20160610

Reuters:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-nigeria-violence-idUSKCN0YW00W

Dailymail:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-3634463/Amnesty-backs-Biafra-groups-shooting-claims.html

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by Stolen: 11:40am On Jun 10, 2016
My papa nearly slapped one Edo guy that said we are all Nigerians yesterday wen he was asking my fada for assistance. Since 30th May na so so vex the old man dey vex. He is not usually like dat. I never seen him get angry with Nigeria. It is usually me.

26 Likes

Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 11:42am On Jun 10, 2016
Ok.

When are they declaring their b!afra?

When are the Yorubas declaring their Odua Nation/ western Nigeria?

When are the Niger Deltans declaring their Niger Delta Republic?

When are they declaring Arewa Federation cum Islamic Califate (excluding the xtain minorities)?

When are the middle Belters declaring their Central Nigeria?

Let everybody go their separate ways.

8 Likes

Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by Trunquejnr(m): 11:51am On Jun 10, 2016
gradually we are getting there

5 Likes

Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by BiafranJesus: 11:59am On Jun 10, 2016
There is a limit to how much evil can be carried out without the world crying out.

10 Likes

Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by BiafranJesus: 12:00pm On Jun 10, 2016
Trunquejnr:

Of course we are

gradually we are getting there

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by theEYe21(f): 12:01pm On Jun 10, 2016
Buhari is a terrorist himself angry I spit on his face grin we need freedom in this country

13 Likes

Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by BiafranJesus: 12:01pm On Jun 10, 2016
Stolen:
My papa nearly slapped one Edo guy that said we are all Nigerians yesterday wen he was asking my fada for assistance. Since 30th May na so so vex the old man dey vex. He is not usually like dat. I never seen him get angry with Nigeria. It is usually me.

Edo are not Biafrans.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by CyerSeries: 12:02pm On Jun 10, 2016
The storm is over gradually.. Hi haters of Eastern Nigeria, we are winning cheesy grin

11 Likes

Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by malele(m): 12:05pm On Jun 10, 2016
BiafranJesus:

Edo are not Biafrans.

Read an understand what the the guy wrote before commenting, his dad reaction does not mean Edo people a biafrans

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by Rose2014: 12:06pm On Jun 10, 2016
Two days ago one pretentious op opened a thread asking why Igbos can't erase Biafra and move on. Can u imagine?
Anyway my my sister Kenny gave him a reply that says it all. Read;

""""""""I'm all for unity n peace provided the lopsided system of governance in this country is reordered to give autonomy to the federating regions of this country. Otherwise, every other thing will be a waste because some regions continue to bear the brunt of rape n destruction just to set others up. You really believe 13% is the cure for all ills? How about others pull their own weight n jointly contribute effectively to or better still, be responsible for the development of their regions? Is that too much to ask n expect?

They want Igbos to forgive Nigeria for the civil war and drop Biafra agitation,tell me exactly how u believe it should be done? Just to snap out of it when a mere rememberance day on 30th May met over 50 Igbos dead once again at the hands of Nigerian soldiers? You really expect the East to erase memories of the civil war? Why? Is it not an integral part of Nigerian history? Exactly why isn't this part of history taught to Nigerian children nationwide but they are rather taught about colonisation and the Uthman Dan fodio jihad n all such stuff? You expect memories of the war and millions of dead Igbos to be wished away like it never happened? Why? Did it not happen? Decent nations that have fought wars n stuff actually set up memorials, some even have museums set up for the purposes of remembrance so why is there a conscious effort here to 'erase these memories' like they never happened? You really think it will be of great service to Nigeria that say 40 years down the line, our children will understand d civil war to be a mere fable? What are u asking for really? That old Easterners forget the entire war or forget the unjustified deaths of children n d vulnerable?

When the marginalisation keeps happening right before our very eyes and are clear to see, how do u stop 'feelings' of being marginalised? How about demanding a stop to all forms of marginalisation as a prerequisite for peace? Is there a reason why d core security apparatus of this country doesn't have an Igbo person as one of the security chiefs? Yet you've got d Minister, COAS, DG DSS, ONSA, et al all from the north? Does that make sense to you? Where is d sense of balance then? How is marginalisation reduced to mere feelings when d President is clear on his intent to actually marginalise based on voting patterns? Does 97% n 5 % ring a bell?

I read somewhere in the news yesterday that the Court of Appeal reinstated 20 INEC staff wrongfully disengaged. Can u explain why those 20 were all from the South and about 16 out of the 20 were all from d SE/SS? Sheer coincidence? I'm certain u don't believe that.

Finally I see u had pieces of 'advice' for those from d South, East n North. Where's the West or aren't they part of Nigeria? Or they've got no problems?

For real peace, all fault lines must be addressed and resolved not forgotten or erased or swept under the carpet because they just remain right under the surface till they manifest in more terrifying proportions""""""

14 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by BiafranJesus: 12:09pm On Jun 10, 2016
malele:

Read an understand what the the guy wrote before commenting, his dad reaction does not mean Edo people a biafrans

I know dude. I am only reinforcing a point. The old man need not be angry when a non biafran makes a statement like that. It is a given. I would understand his anger if it was a Biafran who made the statement. See my point?

Back to the topic, the Biafran issue is getting a lot of attention here in Germany.

5 Likes

Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by BiafranJesus: 12:11pm On Jun 10, 2016
Rose2014:
This reply my sister Kenny gave a pretentious op in another thread captures it all

I'm all for unity n peace provided the lopsided system of governance in this country is reordered to give autonomy to the federating regions of this country. Otherwise, every other thing will be a waste because some regions continue to bear the brunt of rape n destruction just to set others up. You really believe 13% is the cure for all ills? How about others pull their own weight n jointly contribute effectively to or better still, be responsible for the development of their regions? Is that too much to ask n expect?

They want Igbos to forgive Nigeria for the civil war and drop Biafra agitation,tell me exactly how u believe it should be done? Just to snap out of it when a mere rememberance day on 30th May met over 50 Igbos dead once again at the hands of Nigerian soldiers? You really expect the East to erase memories of the civil war? Why? Is it not an integral part of Nigerian history? Exactly why isn't this part of history taught to Nigerian children nationwide but they are rather taught about colonisation and the Uthman Dan fodio jihad n all such stuff? You expect memories of the war and millions of dead Igbos to be wished away like it never happened? Why? Did it not happen? Decent nations that have fought wars n stuff actually set up memorials, some even have museums set up for the purposes of remembrance so why is there a conscious effort here to 'erase these memories' like they never happened? You really think it will be of great service to Nigeria that say 40 years down the line, our children will understand d civil war to be a mere fable? What are u asking for really? That old Easterners forget the entire war or forget the unjustified deaths of children n d vulnerable?

When the marginalisation keeps happening right before our very eyes and are clear to see, how do u stop 'feelings' of being marginalised? How about demanding a stop to all forms of marginalisation as a prerequisite for peace? Is there a reason why d core security apparatus of this country doesn't have an Igbo person as one of the security chiefs? Yet you've got d Minister, COAS, DG DSS, ONSA, et al all from the north? Does that make sense to you? Where is d sense of balance then? How is marginalisation reduced to mere feelings when d President is clear on his intent to actually marginalise based on voting patterns? Does 97% n 5 % ring a bell?

I read somewhere in the news yesterday that the Court of Appeal reinstated 20 INEC staff wrongfully disengaged. Can u explain why those 20 were all from the South and about 16 out of the 20 were all from d SE/SS? Sheer coincidence? I'm certain u don't believe that.

Finally I see u had pieces of 'advice' for those from d South, East n North. Where's the West or aren't they part of Nigeria? Or they've got no problems?

Op! You are just a very pretentious person not seeking real peace but just trying to force down dissenting views n voices. For real peace, all fault lines must be addressed and resolved not forgotten or erased or swept under the carpet because they just remain right under the surface till they manifest in more terrifying proportions.

The post is not for empty brains like you.
Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by Rose2014: 12:14pm On Jun 10, 2016
CyerSeries:
The storm is over gradually.. Hi haters of Eastern Nigeria, we are winning cheesy grin

grin see how my sophisticated brothers are avoiding this thread

Nigeria will embrace the truth someday
O ga-eme ha vam n'anya grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by salam1(m): 12:33pm On Jun 10, 2016
I tot d best way to hate a particular thing is to stop seeing or looking at it. WHAT R U PEOPLE STILL DOING IN D NORTH. Plss stop d hypocrisy. If u want to leave leave, I believe no 1 will stop u from leaving d north or west. Start packing so DAT we know if u truly want to leave.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by BiafranJesus: 12:46pm On Jun 10, 2016
salam1:
I tot d best way to hate a particular thing is to stop seeing or looking at it. WHAT R U PEOPLE STILL DOING IN D NORTH. Plss stop d hypocrisy. If u want to leave leave, I believe no 1 will stop u from leaving d north or west. Start packing so DAT we know if u truly want to leave.

Fools like you do not understand that the world is a global village and those in the north are not begging but trying to take you from the stone age by doing business with you

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by jlinkd78(m): 2:02pm On Jun 10, 2016
All of a sudden d world has awoken up to d fact u can't continue supporting a tyrant. In less than 24hrs the quad of very respected outlets of Premium Times. BBC, Daily Mail Uk and Amnesty Intn'l have all given their verdicts and compilation of human right violations against d defenceless 5%ers in top gear. Buhari's vindictiveness might make d realisation of d secession faster and d cessation of this contraption quicker.

4 Likes

Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by hucienda: 2:07pm On Jun 10, 2016
The National Assembly should call for a referendum on the basis of our existence as a nation like the Brits are planning for 23rd June EU referendum and the Scottish one that held two years back. Things are getting out of hand. Nigeria should be restructured.

A situation where some people rejoice when terrorists kill up north and where some other people also rejoice when militants destroy petroleum infrastructure down south exposes the flaw in our psyche as a country and shows we just have to discuss the basis of our existence as a country. Let us stop deceiving ourselves.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by mesoprogress(m): 2:19pm On Jun 10, 2016
Expected, they are getting tired of the old man

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 10, 2016
BiafranJesus:

Edo are not Biafrans.

Do not dare to say that before Stolen's dad or else, he will dish out some slaps on your face. Did you not read where he said that his dad nearly slapped someone for saying we are all Nigerians which means his dad does not see himself as a Nigerian or u want to force a country on him and get whacked on your face?

The old man is not smiling oo
Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by ridwanayo(m): 2:22pm On Jun 10, 2016
Its time nigeria call for a referendum so everybody would know where they belong to

Oduduwa republic loading

1 Like

Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by BiafranJesus: 3:16pm On Jun 10, 2016
The truth is being broadcast. The evils of the current administration will be made known to the whole world.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by kernel501: 3:33pm On Jun 10, 2016
BiafranJesus:

The post is not for empty brains like you.

Filled brain, what's cool with Nigerian army shooting unarmed civilians? ...When Boko Haram is killing them in numbers.
Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by pacino2626: 3:34pm On Jun 10, 2016
salam1:

Chief there are migrants of all tribes in various parts of the world. That's why you've IMMIGRATION SERVICE grin

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by kasheemawo(m): 3:37pm On Jun 10, 2016
na Buhari pull the trigger? how does this concern PMP for the killed thugs?
Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by BiafranJesus: 3:53pm On Jun 10, 2016
kasheemawo:
na Buhari pull the trigger? how does this concern PMP for the killed thugs?

Yoruba serpents again?

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 10, 2016
You guys should allow us have light first.
let better we see this things on the news
Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by mayorchelsea(m): 4:07pm On Jun 10, 2016
we comment,they'll say what's our business with Biafra?we don't comment,some dunce will say "Our sophisticated brothers are avoiding this thread" making it sound like we hold the key to realisation of Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by salam1(m): 4:32pm On Jun 10, 2016
BiafranJesus:

Fools like you do not understand that the world is a global village and those in the north are not begging but trying to take you from the stone age by doing business with you
v u finished taking ur people out of d stone age. imagine in did century wyf still drink water from d dead body of dere husband, people still worship deities such as amadioha, and d rest and u r telling mi ur people r civilze guy go and clean ur house b4 u ask other people to do same. d fact still remain dis north is still beta Dan ur regions daz y u people prefare doing things here.
Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by MirabelArode(f): 4:49pm On Jun 10, 2016
Buhari's frail asz is destined for ICC self-contain. I pity Aisha's puzzy, the way it will hammered in the absence of Buhari by young studs will be crazy

We can all see she is preparing for that time, the way she is akways dancing around anytime buhari is absent, tells us a lot. grin

1 Like

Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by BiafranJesus: 4:49pm On Jun 10, 2016
salam1:
v u finished taking ur people out of d stone age. imagine in did century wyf still drink water from d dead body of dere husband, people still worship deities such as amadioha, and d rest and u r telling mi ur people r civilze guy go and clean ur house b4 u ask other people to do same. d fact still remain dis north is still beta Dan ur regions daz y u people prefare doing things here.

You need to go to school.

Do not derail the post. The whole world is waking up to the evils of this evil government and animals like you.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. by Abeymills(m): 4:59pm On Jun 10, 2016
Wit d way bubuhari n apc including zombies AR going about issues on every front in dis country it's obvious Nigeria may never remain d same even after bubuhari n apc lives power bliv me its only God dat will save us

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This A Curse To Yorubas, But Why? - Balaraba Musa / APC Are Now Sharing Okada Bikes In Kwara State (Photos) / Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.