Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard (43442 Views)

Yusuf Buhari To Be Transferred To German Hospital Over Brain Injury (Photo) / Plan To Transfer Yusuf Buhari To National Hospital Suspended / Olisa Metuh Case: Judge Threatens National Hospital In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by jcflex(m): 1:31pm On Jun 10, 2016
Abuja – A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has berated the National Hospital, Abuja, over the transfer of PDP Spokesman Olisa Metuh to a Lagos hospital.

The judge, Justice Okon Abang, berated the hospital when he ruled in an application for adjournment brought by Metuh’s Counsel, Emeka Etaiba (SAN) in Abuja on Friday. Abang said that the matter was first adjourned on account of a medical report from the National Hospital, Abuja.

He said thought the National Hospital report did not states the bed rest duration, the hospital should have informed the court that the defendant had been transferred to another hospital.

The judge said, it was on the strength of the National Hospital report that the case was last adjourned

He decried the action of National Hospital, and threatened that because the court was treated with levity, it might not be incline to receive any medical report from the hospital.

“If I ordered investigation into the activities of the National Hospital regarding to Metuh’s medical report many heads will roll.

“I have authority over the management of the hospital because they are under my jurisdiction.

The management is not above this court and the law.

“ They cannot treat this court with levity; National Hospital has a duty to explain to the court what led to the transfer of Metuh from National Hospital, Abuja, to another hospital in Lagos.

“In any event, I have another medical report issued by Dr Olufemi Bankole from Lagos University Teaching Hospital that Metuh is on bed rest over back pains which he claim.

Abang said the medical report did not disclose the location of the hospital in Lagos.

The case is hereby adjourned till July 7 for continuation of trial. Metuh was arraigned by EFCC on allegations of receiving N400 million meant for fighting insurgency in the North-East from the office of former National Security Adviser retired Col. Sambo Dasuki.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/judge-threatens-national-hospital-olisa-metuh/

Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by amaechi1: 1:50pm On Jun 10, 2016
[If I ordered investigation into the activities of the National Hospital regarding to Metuh’s medical report many heads will roll]

I want to appeal to our doctors not to put their integrity on the line for any politician. They don't worth it. However, I wish Metu well.

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by amaechi1: 1:52pm On Jun 10, 2016
"quote author=amaechi1 post=46448199] [If I ordered investigation into the activities of the National Hospital regarding to Metuh’s medical report many heads will roll" [/quote]

I want to appeal to our doctors not to put their integrity on the line for any politician. They don't worth it. However, I wish Metu well.

Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by mrvitalis(m): 1:57pm On Jun 10, 2016
So na even only back pain

Think say na serious matter

So na back pain national hospital no fit treat??

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by Splinz(m): 1:57pm On Jun 10, 2016
Why do I have this feelings that Justice Okon Abang is one hell of an arrogant and egocentric fellow? He's among those I never wish to meet.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 10, 2016
cheesy metuh should rather beg the doctors for cyanide pills so he can rest in peace. This wahala no go end soon. Proudly 97% cool

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by kunlexy1759(m): 2:16pm On Jun 10, 2016
Metu's delay tactic

Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by otokx(m): 2:16pm On Jun 10, 2016
if Mubarak can be brought to court in a stretcher, so also can Metuh who is not near as old as Mubarak, the court should ensure this case is not unnecessarily delayed.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:23pm On Jun 10, 2016
Back pain? Metuh should be given opa eyin.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 10, 2016
irunooboo:
cheesy metuh should rather beg the doctors for cyanide pills so he can rest in peace. This wahala no go end soon. Proudly 97% cool
Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 10, 2016
His life is more important o.

He dies, the case dies..

Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by kenny987(f): 2:32pm On Jun 10, 2016
mrvitalis:
So na even only back pain

Think say na serious matter

So na back pain national hospital no fit treat??

The same ear problem aso rock hospital no fit treat wey make Bubu go hospital for Uk

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by dustmalik: 2:33pm On Jun 10, 2016
Splinz:
Why do I have this feelings that Justice Okon Abang is one hell of an arrogant and egocentric fellow? He's among those I never wish to meet.
They deliberately deceived the judge, which is a crime. The judge is spot on.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by hardywaltz(m): 4:07pm On Jun 10, 2016
Good
Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by carreport(m): 4:08pm On Jun 10, 2016
Olisa
Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by Zico5(m): 4:09pm On Jun 10, 2016
Saboteurs everywhere. But why are all of them fallen sick at the same time. When they were eaten yams they are all well but sooner than later when karma step in, they all started fallen sick. I think the next is Ffk. Awon ole gbogbo.

Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by xtophy(m): 4:10pm On Jun 10, 2016
one thing i vividly knw is dat IF POLITICS DOESN'T DESTROY THIS COUNTRY, THIS COUNTRY WILL DESTROY POLITICS ONE DAY

22 Likes

Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by looseweight: 4:11pm On Jun 10, 2016
Orubebe twin

Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by Saheed9: 4:11pm On Jun 10, 2016
let the heads roll
Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by EMMANTOP1(m): 4:13pm On Jun 10, 2016
Ok..... Nah "many heads will roll" brought me here.... I was scared undecided

Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by misscall247: 4:13pm On Jun 10, 2016
Buhari speaking not judge

Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by Raypawer(m): 4:16pm On Jun 10, 2016
empty threat!
Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by Aarenasbaba(m): 4:17pm On Jun 10, 2016
Splinz:
Who cares?

Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by balancediet(m): 4:18pm On Jun 10, 2016
You shud be ashamed of this statement haemaphrodite.
irunooboo:

Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by PT001: 4:18pm On Jun 10, 2016
I just pray for God to take control of the hearts of those who truly stole our monies to simply return them. All these dramas don't impress me.

Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by Empress2014(f): 4:19pm On Jun 10, 2016
grin from abuja hospital to lagos grin grin grin, he will soon be transfered to Uk

Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by arsenal33: 4:20pm On Jun 10, 2016
Naughtysite:

He dies, the case dies..
and his family keeps the money

Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by dedons: 4:20pm On Jun 10, 2016
Jjj
Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by MadCow1: 4:23pm On Jun 10, 2016
National Drama..
Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 10, 2016
Why do I have this feeling that Justice Abang is bias in this case?

Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by bigerboy200: 4:23pm On Jun 10, 2016
Naughtysite:

He dies, the case dies..
the loot lives..

Re: Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard by Splinz(m): 4:23pm On Jun 10, 2016
Aarenasbaba:

Who cares?
Oh you just did! Thanks, but I don't need you either.

Patrick Obahiagbon Praises Zahra Buhari On Twitter / 'I Will Get You' — El-Rufai Threatens Paul Enenche Over Hate Speech / Pro-SARS/SWAT Protest Holds In Kano (photos)