Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,727 members, 7,955,758 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:28 PM

The Ills Of Technology - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ills Of Technology (462 Views)

List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them / Imolite Exposes The "Political Lies And Ills" Of Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha. / # Merit Not Quota By Ben Murray- Bruce: The ills of Nigeria Quota- System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Ills Of Technology by UEK33(m): 7:42am On Jun 11, 2016
The ave. person spends 4yrs of his lyf lukin dwn @ his cell fone...

It's very ironic how diz "touch screens" can make us lose touch. D world is goin "i's" now...., iMac, iPhone, iPad n iPods...so mny "i"....no more "we", or "us"...
Frm studiz d word "i", is self-centric or selfish...u wil agree, wyl it claims to connect us, connection has gotten no better.

Lemme xplain..."we shuld reclassify fb to wat it is, an "anti social network" cos wyl we have dis lng frndz list, so mny of us r frnd less...

We measure self worth by d no. of followers n likes, n ignore doz arnd us who really care...

I asked to meet up wit a frnd n speak face to face, n he responded 'aiit, wat tym do u wnt us to skype'
?'...
One can no longer hav conversations witout abbreviations, discussions hav bin reduced to snap chats n icons...OMG, LOL, BRB, SMH...

Wat is dis technology turning humans into? Dis is d matrix....
We do have a choice....dis is not one choice we can auto-correct, we have to do it ourselves...

As for me:
I no longer wnt to spoil precious moments by recording it wit a fone, I'm just gonna keep dem;

I no longer want to take pictures of my food n upload it, I'm just gonna EAT 'em...

I quit participating in dis DIGITAL INSANITY n PAGEANTRY OF VANITY...

I HAVE A DREAM!.... I imagine a world whr we smile wen we have low ba3 b'cos den, we'l be closer to HUMANITY...
Wat d'u say?

(1) (Reply)

I’m Getting Used To Rumours Of  my Death –IBB / June 12 Wrong Side North Did To The West, Still They Dont Learn / Advice To Nd Avengers: Keep On Keeping On!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.