Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,156 members, 7,835,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. (2974 Views)

Don’t Blame BUHARI, Jonathan Crumbles Nigeria’s Economy-ngozi Okonjo Iweala *say / Change Not Possible With Nigeria’s Current Structure –malaolu / Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by mekaboy(m): 10:18am On Jun 11, 2016
Someone asked on the other thread if this govt was unlucky or incapable. I say the govt is incapable. I am sure APC Supporters are all waiting to jumping and blame oil and the previous administration for what we are going through today.

They say "time is money" which means if you waste time you waste money. Buhari wasted time in appointment of ministers and budget and automatically wasted money. You will be shocked at the amount of money and investment Nigeria lost due to uncertainty during this delay.

ECONOMY

The oil price was low, we still had some forex coming in from both long term and short term foreign investors. The first thing he would have done was to devalue the Naira. Have enough forex to support businesses and ensure people don't loose their jobs. Also have access to cheap funds from IMF to invest in infrastructure.

But he chose to do strong head and ignore sound advise. Came of up with a forex policy that backfired. scaring away foriegn investors, frustrated local investments, opened the window to speculation, finally results in collapse of businesses and mass sack of employees.

FUEL PRICE

If the forex issue was handled wisely, by now there would be enough forex for importers. Even if there wasn't, the price of the dollar would be less than what it is today if they choose to buy from parralel market.

Even if subsidy is removed, people still have their jobs and businesses running. The effect of the removal won't be so much and fuel will still be less than 145. He took another strong head approach by believing he can do without the importers and supply the whole country through NNPC.

The importers instead of working with govt, stepped back and watched the fuel scarcity bite. He went on forcing people who bought fuel for more than 86 naira to sell N86 even when he did not supply them. All this just to get fake glory for APC. Let people say APC is better than Gej, by selling 86 . A price that does not reflect through economic situation. Finally he has seen he can't do without importers.

He now asked them to source forex from parralel market that has been taken over by speculators who took advantage of the govt's confusion and wrong decisions.

SECURITY

Gej knowing that there was alot of imbalance in the Nigerian system, needed to provide a win win situation for all. He called for a national conference to discuss how best we can live together as one. There was representatives from all regions and an agreement was reached on a report.

A President who took over from the ruling party, should first reconcile every grieving party, both those that voted for and against him. Make everyone have a sense of belonging and equality. He said he belong to everybody and belongs to nobody. The next minute he is talking about 5% vote from a region and 95% from another. Whether he was quoted out of context or not. Such a statement should not have even come out of his mouth in the first place.

He disregarded the confab report, even when members of APC such as pastor Tunde Bakare recommended the implementation. He left the biafrans to boil, left the Niger delta Militants to boil, allowed the economic hardship escalated, halted economic activities and went off to fight corruption.

Today we have an explosion. BokoHaram, biafran agitation, Niger delta avengers and a wrecked economy.

All because the president will not listen to marketers, listen to sound economic reasoning, ignore agitation from various parts.

After all the damage has been done, they host a fun fair in ogoni land in the name of kicking of the cleanup without committing financially. Brought out 500 billion to be thrown into the wind in the name of palliative.

Obasanjo not me, said he was not a good adminstrator, yet Nigerians were brainwashed to vote.

They blamed everyone but themselves. Politicised our economic team and today they have wrecked havoc on the nation.

So though oil price was low, it is rising now but Naira keeps falling. This is a result of confusion and lack of economic direction. If PMB reconciled every grieving part of the nation, maybe there won't be avengers and we will benefit from increasing oil price.

What we have lost due to poor management, even if all looted funds from abacha regime is recovered, it will not compare to the loss in 1 year.

So don't tell me oil or Niger delta avengers. The president is to be blamed 100%. He is now coming back to accept to do all he was advised to do ever since. After causing damage to our economy.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 11, 2016
You have all the answer to solve Nigerias problem yet your name was not on the ballot.

Shame.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by mekaboy(m): 10:25am On Jun 11, 2016
EgunMogaji:
You have all the answer to solve Nigerias problem yet your name was not on the ballot.

Shame.

Is this the only excuse left ? No more Gej, dasuki, okonjo iweala etc? Was he not advised to do all of the above. Is it my fault that he does not listen like in 1984?

If an ex president claimed he could not afford money for the ticket and borrowed up to 28 million to buy form during the election, how do u expect my name on the ballot?. Recieve sense

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 11, 2016
mekaboy:

Is the only excuse left ? Ni more Gej, dasuki, okonjo iweala etc? Was he not advised to do all of the above. Is it my fault that he does not listen like in 1984?

The point I wanted to make has been made and was succinct.

Buhari has one head like you, go and run for presidency.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 11, 2016

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by megaik: 10:51am On Jun 11, 2016
We dont need to politicize good points you have made. His major problem was the Percieved Fight against corruption which distabilized his integrity with both local and foreign investors. Also His slow motion to make decisions....

You Highlighted all points so well. But we are still the owners of Nigeria....Please proffer good and quick solutions that can remedy these problems....That way, we will move forward.

1 Like

Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by mekaboy(m): 10:55am On Jun 11, 2016
megaik:
We dont need to politicize good points you have made. His major problem was the Percieved Fight against corruption which distabilized his integrity with both local and foreign investors. Also His slow motion to make decisions....

You Highlighted all points so well. But we are still the owners of Nigeria....Please proffer good and quick solutions that can remedy these problems....That way, we will move forward.

The solutions are simple. He should do everything he refused to do.

5 Likes

Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by cocoduck: 11:00am On Jun 11, 2016
megaik:

Nigeria is owned by the Brits, they are the ones that put him in power in the first place, they did it with help from their brothers in evil, the American president Barack Obama and his campaign team, so blame the Brits too. You are never the owner of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by mekaboy(m): 11:09am On Jun 11, 2016
cocoduck:
Nigeria is owned by the Brits, they are the ones that put him in power in the first place, they did it with help from their brothers in evil, the American president Barack Obama and his campaign team, so blame the Brits too. You are never the owner of Nigeria.

It is not my business how he got there. What I am worried about is what he is doing there.

1 Like

Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by megaik: 11:26am On Jun 11, 2016
cocoduck:

You are rooted...
But we can help ask him to do all these he refused to listen to.

You are really rooted... I believe Change mantra had US Connotation and link...
Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by Rose2014: 11:36am On Jun 11, 2016
mekaboy:
Someone asked on the other thread if this govt was unlucky or incapable. I say the govt is incapable. I am sure APC Supporters are all waiting to jumping and blame oil and the previous administration for what we are going through today.

They say "time is money" which means if you waste time you waste money. Buhari wasted time in appointment of ministers and budget and automatically wasted money. You will be shocked at the amount of money and investment Nigeria lost due to uncertainty during this delay.

ECONOMY

The oil price was low, we still had some forex coming in from both long term and short term foreign investors. The first thing he would have done was to devalue the Naira. Have enough forex to support businesses and ensure people don't loose their jobs. Also have access to cheap funds from IMF to invest in infrastructure.

But he chose to do strong head and ignore sound advise. Came of up with a forex policy that backfired. scaring away foriegn investors, frustrated local investments, opened the window to speculation, finally results in collapse of businesses and mass sack of employees.

FUEL PRICE

If the forex issue was handled wisely, by now there would be enough forex for importers. Even if there wasn't, the price of the dollar would be less than what it is today if they choose to buy from parralel market.

Even if subsidy is removed, people still have their jobs and businesses running. The effect of the removal won't be so much and fuel will still be less than 145. He took another strong head approach by believing he can do without the importers and supply the whole country through NNPC.

The importers instead of working with govt, stepped back and watched the fuel scarcity bite. He went on forcing people who bought fuel for more than 86 naira to sell N86 even when he did not supply them. All this just to get fake glory for APC. Let people say APC is better than Gej, by selling 86 . A price that does not reflect through economic situation. Finally he has seen he can't do without importers.

He now asked them to source forex from parralel market that has been taken over by speculators who took advantage of the govt's confusion and wrong decisions.

SECURITY

Gej knowing that there was alot of imbalance in the Nigerian system, needed to provide a win win situation for all. He called for a national conference to discuss how best we can live together as one. There was representatives from all regions and an agreement was reached on a report.

A President who took over from the ruling party, should first reconcile every grieving party, both those that voted for and against him. Make everyone have a sense of belonging and equality. He said he belong to everybody and belongs to nobody. The next minute he is talking about 5% vote from a region and 95% from another. Whether he was quoted out of context or not. Such a statement should not have even come out of his mouth in the first place.

He disregarded the confab report, even when members of APC such as pastor Tunde Bakare recommended the implementation. He left the biafrans to boil, left the Niger delta Militants to boil, allowed the economic hardship escalated, halted economic activities and went off to fight corruption.

Today we have an explosion. BokoHaram, biafran agitation, Niger delta avengers and a wrecked economy.

All because the president will not listen to marketers, listen to sound economic reasoning, ignore agitation from various parts.

After all the damage has been done, they host a fun fair in ogoni land in the name of kicking of the cleanup without committing financially. Brought out 500 billion to be thrown into the wind in the name of palliative.

Obasanjo not me, said he was not a good adminstrator, yet Nigerians were brainwashed to vote.

They blamed everyone but themselves. Politicised our economic team and today they have wrecked havoc on the nation.

So though oil price was low, it is rising now but Naira keeps falling. This is a result of confusion and lack of economic direction. If PMB reconciled every grieving part of the nation, maybe there won't be avengers and we will benefit from increasing oil price.

What we have lost due to poor management, even if all looted funds from abacha regime is recovered, it will not compare to the loss in 1 year.

So don't tell me oil or Niger delta avengers. The president is to be blamed 100%. He is now coming back to accept to do all he was advised to do ever since. After causing damage to our economy.

Well said bro

After wading one year on blaming all the blamables, now they're blaming it on themselves- that they talked too much during campaign
This govt is shameless walahi

6 Likes

Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by Abeymills(m): 12:13pm On Jun 11, 2016
The most clueless govt ever zombies can shove thier phones in their ass

4 Likes

Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by DaBullIT(m): 1:38pm On Jun 11, 2016
It's funny 5% people were deaf,dumb and blind when the promises GEJ made was not fulfilled for 5 Years and they want the Enemy from the north to do it within a year

Furthermore , 5 years son of the soil sent , there was no one blowing up pipelines , today , we have about 5 terrorist groups bombarding pipelines

When Crude sold for upwards of $100 per barrel , adding the production cost, import and export , there should be enough profit and more savings today , it's about $50 , processing cost , cost of export , import , distribution, what profit will the government make ? But no , they just have to bomb more pipelines to ask for 60% derivation that Son of the soil did not give them .

The so much criticized fight against corruption is one of the reasons why foreign countries are trying to bring investments to Nigeria , and No corruption will not magically disappear all at once, it will be reduced in steps and with Nigeria's integrity improving , so will support and investments from other places around the world

But it's not my business

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by mekaboy(m): 2:27pm On Jun 11, 2016
DaBullIT:
It's funny 5% people were deaf,dumb and blind when the promises GEJ made was not fulfilled for 5 Years and they want the Enemy from the north to do it within a year

Furthermore , 5 years son of the soil sent , there was no one blowing up pipelines , today , we have about 5 terrorist groups bombarding pipelines

When Crude sold for upwards of $100 per barrel , adding the production cost, import and export , there should be enough profit and more savings today , it's about $50 , processing cost , cost of export , import , distribution, what profit will the government make ? But no , they just have to bomb more pipelines to ask for 60% derivation that Son of the soil did not give them .

The so much criticized fight against corruption is one of the reasons why foreign countries are trying to bring investments to Nigeria , and No corruption will not magically disappear all at once, it will be reduced in steps and with Nigeria's integrity improving , so will support and investments from other places around the world

But it's not my business

Lol, u think investors are interested in integrity. They want stability. They prefer a corrupt govt with a stable economy than a saint without direction.

You can sing the oil song from now till eternity. Even the APC have confessed to their failure to run the economy. That is why Buhari has been asked to look outside the APC.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by blackpanda: 2:48pm On Jun 11, 2016
OP sorry but you dont have the slightest clue what governance is all about. Its easy to look back in hindsight and point out things govt should have tone, but if upon assuming office Buhari immediately put fuel at N145, its still the same u that will come out to nag and call for protests!

Its all about timing. There is just no way u can explain away more that 80% drop in revenue by ur long epistle. Infact, if anything Buhari's govt has been extremely prudent in managing the little funds. There is not magic button to press that will make up for the short fall. Economics does not support your argument, neither does common sense

1 Like

Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by blackpanda: 2:51pm On Jun 11, 2016
mekaboy:

Lol, u think investors are interested in integrity. They want stability. They prefer a corrupt govt with a stable economy than a saint without direction.

You can sing the oil song from now till eternity. Even the APC have confessed to their failure to run the economy. That is why Buhari has been asked to look outside the APC.

WRONG! No business thrives in a corrupt environment. This is one of the major reasons foreign investors would rather do business in south africa than nigeria, despite our extensive human and natural resources

1 Like

Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by mekaboy(m): 3:19pm On Jun 11, 2016
blackpanda:
OP sorry but you dont have the slightest clue what governance is all about. Its easy to look back in hindsight and point out things govt should have tone, but if upon assuming office Buhari immediately put fuel at N145, its still the same u that will come out to nag and call for protests!

Its all about timing. There is just no way u can explain away more that 80% drop in revenue by ur long epistle. Infact, if anything Buhari's govt has been extremely prudent in managing the little funds. There is not magic button to press that will make up for the short fall. Economics does not support your argument, neither does common sense

There is little funds because he shut the door on investors. When airlines are complaining that their funds are trapped here, who will want to bring their money in to be trapped?

1 Like

Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by mekaboy(m): 3:22pm On Jun 11, 2016
blackpanda:

WRONG! No business thrives in a corrupt environment. This is one of the major reasons foreign investors would rather do business in south africa than nigeria, despite our extensive human and natural resources

Why was there more investment during the time of Gej that u said was corrupt than we have today under the saint. How did dangote become great? Is it not because of monopoly he enjoyed under Obj?

Is it not corruption that expanded the business?

4 Likes

Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by blackpanda: 3:37pm On Jun 11, 2016
mekaboy:

Why was there more investment during the time of Gej that u said was corrupt than we have today under the saint. How did dangote become great? Is it not because of monopoly he enjoyed under Obj?

Is it not corruption that expanded the business?

You are mixing up issues. Nigeria has always been rated as one ofthe worst places to do business both gej tenure and now. While the fight against corruption is commendable, more still has to be done to improve the economy. Bottom line: corruption impedes growth. Nobody wants to do business where u are expected to bribe govt officials for every single thing

And no, dangote is one man. Dangote alone can not turn our economy around. There will always be people who benefit from corruption, but in the long run it only bleeds the country dry

2 Likes

Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by mekaboy(m): 4:09pm On Jun 11, 2016
blackpanda:

You are mixing up issues. Nigeria has always been rated as one ofthe worst places to do business both gej tenure and now. While the fight against corruption is commendable, more still has to be done to improve the economy. Bottom line: corruption impedes growth. Nobody wants to do business where u are expected to bribe govt officials for every single thing

And no, dangote is one man. Dangote alone can not turn our economy around. There will always be people who benefit from corruption, but in the long run it only bleeds the country dry

I rather give bribe and be sure of profit than invest and my money is trapped or devalued.

Whether it's dollar or security, whoever takes economic decisions is to blame.

2 Likes

Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by blackpanda: 4:19pm On Jun 11, 2016
mekaboy:

There is little funds because he shut the door on investors. When airlines are complaining that their funds are trapped here, who will want to bring their money in to be trapped?

Once again u managed to get it wrong. The money airlines are complaining about is not what they brought into nigeria, rather what nigerians are paying them which they want to take out. This is different from foreign investment into nigerian economy

In any case, the current forex policy is only temporary and in response to the acute shortage of forex in d country. Its simple economics, u cant give out what u dont have. But this will soon change

1 Like

Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by blackpanda: 4:22pm On Jun 11, 2016
mekaboy:

I rather give bribe and be sure of profit than invest and my money is trapped or devalued.

Whether it's dollar or security, whoever takes economic decisions is to blame.

Yea sorry not everyone is like u. People who live in saner climes do not expect to pay a bribe when they are still d ones bringing the investment. Not everyone supports corruption ok

1 Like

Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 11, 2016
Please lets pray for the OP, cos children of envy and hate are going to kill him here today

Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by mekaboy(m): 4:50pm On Jun 11, 2016
blackpanda:

Yea sorry not everyone is like u. People who live in saner climes do not expect to pay a bribe when they are still d ones bringing the investment. Not everyone supports corruption ok

Is bribe the reason why investors flee the country? Is bribe the reason We are not benefiting from increasing oil price? Is bribe the reason fuel is 145? Is bribe the reason airlines and shipping companies are threatening to leave Nigeria?

Was Nigeria not corrupt when they were operating? How come they are now leaving now that the country is getting rid of corruption?

Corruption is when u place the price of forex and a fake rate that does not reflect the true reality on ground. Corruptions is when u dont supply fuel at 86 and go around sealing stations for selling above.

That is the corruption investors are running away from, not bribe.

And buhari is responsible for that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by haliruali(m): 4:56pm On Jun 11, 2016
Op, I think u should blame d system dat has brought so many corrupt, selfish, greedy, unpatriotic pple to lead Nigeria as a nation n it has to Baba go slow time to fix. May Allah SWT deliver ds country bt things r really difficult n we can only pray for d betterment of d masses.
Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 11, 2016
DaBullIT:

But it's not my business
must you depend on Niger Delta OIL?
Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by mekaboy(m): 5:18pm On Jun 11, 2016
haliruali:
Op, I think u should blame d system dat has brought so many corrupt, selfish, greedy, unpatriotic pple to lead Nigeria as a nation n it has to Baba go slow time to fix. May Allah SWT deliver ds country bt things r really difficult n we can only pray for d betterment of d masses.

I don't blame any past administration I blame the current. I am glad you said "SYSTEM ". The leadership does not know that he is running a system and every part depends on each other to function. That's why he went after corruption forgetting that the economy and security are also running at the same time.

2 Likes

Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by mekaboy(m): 5:22pm On Jun 11, 2016
blackpanda:

Once again u managed to get it wrong. The money airlines are complaining about is not what they brought into nigeria, rather what nigerians are paying them which they want to take out. This is different from foreign investment into nigerian economy

In any case, the current forex policy is only temporary and in response to the acute shortage of forex in d country. Its simple economics, u cant give out what u dont have. But this will soon change

Lol, So they did not bring money into Nigeria, Nigerians are dashing them money. Did Nigeria give them the planes and running cost?

So when investors come and invest in telecoms or power and want to take the money they make out of the country, you tell them it's not the money they brought in but money Nigerians are dashing them.

1 Like

Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by babdap: 5:36pm On Jun 11, 2016
To whom brain is. Given common sense is expected.
Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by mekaboy(m): 8:25pm On Jun 11, 2016
babdap:
To whom brain is. Given common sense is expected.

Common sense is not common. If not everyone should know that u dont block foriegn investment and expect to have forex.
Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by haliruali(m): 11:06pm On Jun 11, 2016
mekaboy:

I don't blame any past administration I blame the current. I am glad you said "SYSTEM ". The leadership does not know that he is running a system and every part depends on each other to function. That's why he went after corruption forgetting that the economy and security are also running at the same time.
well, u cant fight corruption without causing some trouble for d economy. Thats what I think. Bt hv u analyse d long term benefit of ds administration. Thou before we reach there, our strength has been elapsed due to hardship bt I hope it will turn out fine. Lets be positive.
Re: I Blame Buhari 100% For Nigeria's Current Situation. by Amitex(m): 1:13am On Jun 12, 2016
haliruali:
well, u cant fight corruption without causing some trouble for d economy. Thats what I think. Bt hv u analyse d long term benefit of ds administration. Thou before we reach there, our strength has been elapsed due to hardship bt I hope it will turn out fine. Lets be positive.
Which corruption fight are you talking about? Seizing people's assets that will be returned to them by next government is what what you call fighting corruption? Go and check all those he siezed their assets in 1984. Let us stop being foolish, EFCC freezes a man's account or collect bail deposit and you call that recovery of loots. Hahahaha, no wonder they can continue to scam the gullible like you.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: Real Reason Senate Rejected Buhari's $30bn Loan Request: Shocking! / Wow What An Epic Reply (am Happy Am Not FFK Now) / Proof That Ojukwu Visited Buhari In His House In Daura In 2003

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.