Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria (66764 Views)

TODAY IN HISTORY: Four Members Hijackers Nigeria Airways Plane / Governor Bindow Visits Suntai, Ex-Governor Who Survived A Plane Crash. Photo / RRS Nabs 12 Highway Hijackers Who Diverted Multimillion Naira Petroleum Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by orimsamsam(m): 9:49am On Jun 12, 2016
This story only shows dat yorubas are nt coward. But will fight back if pushed to the wall

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by DonMaxxy(m): 9:49am On Jun 12, 2016
Nawa o
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by Pangea: 9:49am On Jun 12, 2016
These are the real heroes of democracy
Not the fat cows sitting in abuja!

4 Likes

Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by Checked86: 9:50am On Jun 12, 2016
leke12:
Yorubas are not cowards, they will only go extremely violence for a good cause not unlike others who can do anything for religion and our oil.
OUR OIL?

2 Likes

Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by vRendoh(m): 9:51am On Jun 12, 2016
leke12:
Yorubas are not cowards, they will only go extremely violence for a good cause not unlike others who can do anything for religion and our oil.

hmmm! undecided
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by Sanchase: 9:53am On Jun 12, 2016
This is not an act of bravery but stupidity, if they had tried this in a developed nation like America, they will have no life afterwards. Hell would've been a better place for them.

3 Likes

Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by Checked86: 9:53am On Jun 12, 2016
Now in Nigeria people pride themselves for committing crimes. Brave people of the West.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by repogirl(f): 9:53am On Jun 12, 2016
You can't blame them, the zoo is turning the people into animals gradually and one day, when the metamorphosis is complete, the animals will tear down the zoo.

1 Like

Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by strangest(m): 9:55am On Jun 12, 2016
These one has same blood with Fayoae... Not like the crying general
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by idupaul: 9:56am On Jun 12, 2016
They were used and dumped by so called June 12 politicians ..
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by titiakins: 9:57am On Jun 12, 2016
Brave men indeed!!!

3 Likes

Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by lordkhalifa(m): 9:57am On Jun 12, 2016
Yellow-bar sadist undecided undecided undecided
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by oyindare(m): 9:59am On Jun 12, 2016
I have tears in my eyebrows cos guys like this did great for this Nigeria...but what is the gain?1993 was not just a year but one to b remembered if u were born before that period u will understand what am saying...God bless u guys

7 Likes

Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by sorextee(m): 10:00am On Jun 12, 2016
My uncle was among the airforce peeps Dat died.. I remember seeing my dad crying, when d news broke out, at concord newspaper.

Habiz:
THE HIJACK

Just as the bird was up in the sky, settling for the cruise phase, the pilot announced that passengers could unlatch their seatbelts. At that moment, the four young men gave signals to each other by blinking and in a flash, they took over the craft. They were armed with guns and knives. Ogunderu led the hijack team and he recalled: : ‘I walked into the cockpit and seized the process, and then the others followed me. Two of us stood in the plane to intimidate the passengers. We took over the plane and asked the pilot to head for another country.’

From the microphone, the leader of the strike team thundered:

‘Ladies and gentlemen, this plane has been taken over by the Movement for the Advancement of Democracy, remain calm, we will not harm you. You will be told where the plane will land you.’

According to Ogunderu, one of the four hijackers, the air hostesses were visibly frozen with fear and the terror in the faces was clearly palpable. O’boy, if na you too nko…lol! Ta lo ma ri iku to ma ping? LOL! They were threatened and told not to move if they do not want to be killed. One of the passengers who was inside the aircraft lavatory kuku decided to stay locked inside until Ogunderu went inside and pulled him out of the toilet….lmao!

LANDING IN NIGER REPUBLIC AND DEMANDS

Before landing in Niger, the aircraft made attempts to land in Ndjamena, the capital of Chad, and then head for Germany but were unsuccessful. Upon being diverted to Diori Hamani International Airport, Niamey, Niger Republic where they arrived in less than two hours later for refuelling. As they were landing in Niamey, Nigerien commandoes armed to the teeth were already on ground waiting for them and they could see them from the aircraft windows.

It is amazing to know that some of those released were the Vice President of China, Rong Yiren. Then the hijackers dropped the bombshell: they would burn down the aircraft within 72 hours should the Nigerian authorities refuse to accede to their demands. Una see sey e don tey wey FG don dey enter kasala. But what were their demand(s)?

-That the Interim National Government (which they termed ‘illegal’) of Chief Ernest Shonekan should be dissolved with the abrogation of the Decree 61 that formed it and Bashorun Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola be declared the President of Nigeria. They called for the ‘the trial of all those who collaborated with the military regime‘ and the dissolution of the present government.”

-They also demanded that press freedom in Nigeria be guaranteed and that General Ibrahim Babangida be prosecuted on corruption charges.

-That ‘looters’ of the economy which “included 3,000 government officials who stashed away $33 billion in Swiss accounts” be fished out and all prosecuted.

In Niger Republic, the hostages then demanded that they be given enough fuel with which the aircraft be flown to Frankfurt, Germany. But why Germany? No one knows…lol! After their release, Ogunderu later revealed that they intended to also achieve the following goals with their action:

-The probe of the September 26, 1992 mysterious crash of the Nigerian Air Force C-130 Hercules transport plane in Ejigbo, Lagos where an entire batch of some of Nigeria’s most intelligent military officers perished.

-Full probe into the death of Dele Giwa, Nigeria’s foremost journalist who was blown to smithereens in October 1986 in Nigeria’s first parcel bomb attack.

You know the most interesting thing? The questions remain unanswered even decades after the events.
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by adekayo1234(m): 10:03am On Jun 12, 2016
how come i never heard about this incident.....Great piece, nice share @op smiley

4 Likes

Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by saintdennis(m): 10:05am On Jun 12, 2016
meezynetwork:
That's is something that should have been taught in schools as history being part of our struggle to democracy

Azzin am shocked! NOWHERE. In citizenship education or social studies was this mentioned.

Neither is it a part of history students courses during my time @ uniben else I would have heard about it.

Even the rumour I didn't hear.

Shows u why naija is where it is.

5 Likes

Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by montezz(f): 10:06am On Jun 12, 2016
Eddygourdo:
They were misguided. They operated an independent structure without concrete back. Nigeria at the time wasn't a place where idealogical battles could be fought and an sympathy received. Tyrants ruled and most parts of africa then had tyrants rruling. Hijacking a plane which needed to land in africa before their onward journey was a big mistake.
Yes. They did what they "thought" was best at that time. Naija sef.

2 Likes

Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by clogogo(m): 10:10am On Jun 12, 2016
leke12:

"Lol yoruba's has nothing to fight for, MAD there leader was from kwara , they managed to fight for a person that even rejected them.. Yoruba's the most cowardice tribe in Nigeria. ...I Can't never go on a mission and any kind with a yoruba man ..cos when the going becomes tougher They are first to quit....they discourages for the tiny reasons
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by Ndjones(m): 10:15am On Jun 12, 2016
Sen. Akpabio was right after all. Just look at their names.
Ajibola Ogunderu,
Kabir Adenuga,
oluwadaisi Ososanya,
Rasaq Lawal,
They like acting as mercenaries
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by Enoquin(f): 10:18am On Jun 12, 2016
What a good read! I thoroughly enjoyed myself and the writer wrote so well that I could imagine myself there when it happened.
I am happy they weren't killed whilst in jail as I am afraid that might have been the issue were they jailed in Nigeria.

They were brave young men though misguided and idealistically foolish.

3 Likes

Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by DONOCHAS(m): 10:19am On Jun 12, 2016
All I can say they were brave unlike the Avengers who are busy crippling the economy

4 Likes

Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by Tobium1(m): 10:22am On Jun 12, 2016
So I shld waste my time reading dis sh!t? Somebody shld post a summary of it
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by Onegai(f): 10:27am On Jun 12, 2016
There are so many stories from our past that we really need to compile a History of Nigeria and publish it, a version for children included. Our elites know that the more we are kept in the dark about what happened in the past, the more it looks like no-one has ever challenged them and the more powerful they seem. We must start compiling our stories (from pre-Independence to Civil War era to now). We must learn from the past to better the future and stop living for today

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by ThatIgboBoy: 10:28am On Jun 12, 2016
abdulmutallab just took over from his kith and kin in the plane hijacking terrorism buisness.
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by ThatIgboBoy: 10:31am On Jun 12, 2016
Ndjones:
Sen. Akpabio was right after all. Just look at their names.
Ajibola Ogunderu,
Kabir Adenuga,
oluwadaisi Ososanya,
Rasaq Lawal,
They like acting as mercenaries

Hahahahahaha

One abdulmuttalab also tried repeeating the same trick some years later after these ones tried but the result was always the same. Failure
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by epadomo(m): 10:33am On Jun 12, 2016
meezynetwork:
That's is something that should have been taught in schools as history being part of our struggle to democracy

Seconded, Nice history honestly have never had of this story before. @op thanks 4 the this

2 Likes

Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by amazon14: 10:35am On Jun 12, 2016
Long read, so they high hacked a plane to show their displeasure of the then government.what shall i say, if i am to judge it with the present happenings and the way people comments, they are terrorist. But wait, 1993 so all these started from the SW? God is watching
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 12, 2016
Yorubbers and stupidity sef, abiola wey fulanis kill like rat?
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by menxer: 10:38am On Jun 12, 2016
Na mehn, the gist no be here oooo
grin
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by basadenet: 10:40am On Jun 12, 2016
loomer:
Na every year them dey put this news for nairaland?
It is history that every Nigerian need to read about. So I support its yearly publication on social media platforms.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kiki Osinbajo Celebrates Her 27th Birthday With Lovely Photos / Kaduna Hisbah Bans Girls, Ladies From Using Mobile Phones, Wearing Sunglasses / Election: FG Declares Friday Public Holiday, Excludes Bankers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.