Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,830 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria (66761 Views)

TODAY IN HISTORY: Four Members Hijackers Nigeria Airways Plane / Governor Bindow Visits Suntai, Ex-Governor Who Survived A Plane Crash. Photo / RRS Nabs 12 Highway Hijackers Who Diverted Multimillion Naira Petroleum Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by attacker231: 2:38pm On Jun 12, 2016
[s]
Igboid:

Deluded Yoruboid, that picture was taken right in front of French embassy in Lagos in 1968.

Is Lagos nolonger Yorubaland? grin

Moreover, a simple look at the features of the protesters there shows yoruboid features.

No iota of doubt of the fact that those protesters were yorubas. wink
[/s]

Ignorant Yeeboe, Ondo state produce oil and its Yorubaland. You can end your life if you are angry about it. They produce more oil than all your redmud republic. The truth is bittier.

1 Like

Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by isnovic(m): 2:41pm On Jun 12, 2016
Hearing this for the first time.
Truly heroic.
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by Igboid: 2:46pm On Jun 12, 2016
attacker231:
[s][/s]

Ignorant Yeeboe, Ondo state produce oil and its Yorubaland. You can end your life if you are angry about it. They produce more oil than all your redmud republic. The truth is bittier.

https://www.nairaland.com/2711759/how-ondo-became-oil-producing

Keep deceiving yourselves. undecided
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by attacker231: 2:49pm On Jun 12, 2016
Igboid:

https://www.nairaland.com/2711759/how-ondo-became-oil-producing

Keep deceiving yourselves. undecided

Typical yeeboe man, always doing ojuku style when faced with fact. They are oil producing and produce more oil than your red mud cursed land. Deal with it.
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by gbengaoa(m): 2:50pm On Jun 12, 2016
i know where Malam Jerry is.
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by vislabraye(m): 2:54pm On Jun 12, 2016
leke12:
Yorubas are not cowards, they will only go extremely violence for a good cause not unlike others who can do anything for religion and our oil.

Who called Yorubas coward . U are celebrating the 4 hijackers and yet criticizing NDA. Is tgat not double standards ?
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by Holarz(m): 3:04pm On Jun 12, 2016
vanbonattel:

And the situation now does not warrant Biafra and Niger delta avengers?
those are nt making threats alone,they perpetrate lots of acts that are causing turmoil in the country,countless of pple have passed on due to those acts....they need to knw wen to stop,
bombing refineries are dwindling the country economy nt improving it
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by professore(m): 3:08pm On Jun 12, 2016
This is some history.
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 12, 2016
My uncle told me about this story when i was little.Am surprised nigerian nollywood hasnt made an action movie out of this story but then am not surprised cos in nigeria we dont keep our past history.If u ask any kid today about the nigerian civil war the child would be looking at u like u fell frm the sky cos such a child would be unfamiliar with the countrys past.I am also very sure that many of u guys here dont even know when nigeria got its indenpendence.
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by Bluffly: 3:33pm On Jun 12, 2016
clogogo:

Ojukwu fought before living to fight another. Day ....
The people that allows everything go around whether good or bad are the Yoruba ,else Nigeria would have been better , that always betrayals ..When Biafra was fighting the North they suPported the North .. Please even if you are different you will agree with me that Majority of yorubas are just that way.

Now hear yourself, Biafra was fighting the North or Nigeria and you want to be taken seriously. Did Yoruba supported The North or Nigeria. Na wa o. So as Scotland wants o leave the UK, N.Ireland, Wales should support Scotland abi or If they do not support, Scotland should say the duo of country is supporting England against them. Yes, Yoruba's are the ones making things go round in terms of a unified Nigeria.
Let me tell you if the Yoruba's says they want to go today today, then the igbos will understand understand how to go about things wisely and not stupidly because everything will halt.
The Biafra war that Igbos started was the foundation of their ill-wills.
If you are talking about betrayal, we have that in all tribes and it's relative to what you see and want to believe.

"Ojukwu fought before leaving" I pity your reasoning
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by spinna: 3:48pm On Jun 12, 2016
They were lucky to be held in Niger they probably would have been killed in Nigeria, interesting read
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by Topshow2010(m): 3:55pm On Jun 12, 2016
VocalWalls:
Old gist. this story is continuously recycled on Nairaland every time. Bored already.
Get any of these ideal sink designs to beautify your home

Why won't u uttered dt out wen u dnt know d e sweats,struggles and blood dt was shed for d so called democrazy u re enjoying today.I remembered in nostalgia how we protested from Ketu to yaba despite d threats of d zombies(soldiers) on our way.May d gud Lord comfort d families whose sons and daughters went wit dt struggles.
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by PharmAlfred: 5:49pm On Jun 12, 2016
I have never been this moved or touched by a story. Those guys deserve to be celebrated and honoured. One in his teen and others in their early 20s could pull off a show of that magnitude.That's bravery at its peak.
Now some of us are calling it terrorism.

Am sure most of here are in our late 20s, early and late 30s. What have you done for this country?
Is there a chance that you could become the president or the governor of a state at 35?
We all hide behind keyboards and type whatever pleases us. Think! Think!! Think!!!

1 Like

Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by mbz101(m): 6:08pm On Jun 12, 2016
Salute to the bravest youth who stood their ground against the milltary reign .

Founders aluta struggle for democrazy MAD . Men of great vision even before NADACO by the alite while most of the ran of out the country when seen the hot fire of milltary .

What route of will see now is crazydemo called antipition of Oil benefit , Religuous and ethnic jagbajontise struggles will are withnessing .
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by n3xt(m): 7:09pm On Jun 12, 2016
Interesting!
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by bolafex(f): 7:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
Thanks @op.
It sure made an interesting reading and quite educative too.
To me,the boys were very brave.They are the real heroes of democracy-dem carry liver.Lol.
The problem is,when you are up against the authority,people tag u an 'enemy of the state'.It is unfortunate but that is the reality.
Maybe one day,when we have democrats in the saddle in the real sense of it,these brave men would be appreciated even if their approach would be condemned.
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by bolafex(f): 7:50pm On Jun 12, 2016
PharmAlfred:
I never been this moved or touched by a story. Those guys deserve to be celebrated and honoured. One in his teen and others in their early 20s could pull off a show of that magnitude.That's bravery at its peak.

Am sure most of here are in our late 20s, early and late 30s. What have you done for this country?
have
Is there a chance that you could become the president or the governor of a state at 35?
We all hide behind keyboards and type whatever pleases us. Think! Think!! Think!!!

As in,i was really touched.Couldn't recall hearing the report, ever.
Felt like hugging them!Such bravery.
Only God knew what horrible things would have been done to their families while they were in prison.
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 12, 2016
its confusing oo
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 12, 2016
1. Those pictures are obviously sometime into their incarceration as they look older than the reported ages and bulked from calisthenics coupled with good prison food.

2. This article makes no sense without recent pictures of all culprits. What am I using history for when the country[Nigeria] is ready to move forward?

3. It seems this article is a June 12th ritual here. Many people are complaining of reading it multiple times over the years although I'm seeing it for the first time after three years of registry.

4. It was a good read. I don't know why I read the full article but I enjoyed every bit of it.
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by Elliot2(m): 10:46pm On Jun 12, 2016
JoyceMeyersFan:
the problem with Nigeria is that we "ethnicise" everything. We are too full of personal interests to be one. Any struggle that isn't coming from people of your region is considered unpatriotic but when its coming from ur people its bravery and a fight for the people. We were born with tribal bias and its always going to affect our judgment.
thank God sey pipo eyes don dey clear. tribalism for naija no be today, n d end no dey for sight yet. U see for example , wen some group of men in kaki decided on their own and hunt down n kill pipo in a coup whom they felt were not helping the country to progress, simply cause most of d players came frm a certain region n de victims came mostly frm a particular region, it was termed and implied as a tribal coup(igbo coup), nobody cared to find out if their real intents were genuine, to sanitise de system. it has continued that way ever since, whenever one person from one section rules or makes certain decisions, others won't objectively critic it. it will alway be biased . it's just a pity. pray dis present govt finds a way to resolve dis issue of tribalism, mistrust among units; resolved in a way we think n judge objectively, as patriots of one naija.

1 Like

Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by Elliot2(m): 11:09pm On Jun 12, 2016
southniyikaye:
it takes bravery to do what they did but from another point of view, it's stupidity. How do they think ibb can be reasoned with? Bottom line, they are misguided youths
I don't agree that it's misguided. cos at that time in point, that is the only way they deem fit to protest the tyranny in de part of IBB led military govt. At that point in time, they don't have that kind of port folio which will command respect should they go peaceful protest with placards, they kuld av wasted all their youthful energy fuming n cursing in their minds,without any result; whereas that dormant energy kuld be used to drive a serious msg. And that is what they achieved, that is, injustice of any kind must be dealt with by any way necessary. They r heroes!
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by mayorchelsea(m): 11:12pm On Jun 12, 2016
For the sorry asses who said this story is recycled yearly, na una know because I have never come across it and I just got to know about it today and so many others too would know about it next year when it's been 'recycled' again,thanks to the OP.
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by Elliot2(m): 11:21pm On Jun 12, 2016
wizzakosh:
biafran defeat to yorubas in ORE still hurting ur generation. Sorry, that how it will continue. Go and save your ppl in enugu and tell your govnor there not to be crying like chicken, he should act like brave man like fayose(a yoruba), not as coward like ojukwu(an igbo) mr runner. Only news dat fulanis are back in enugu, ur ppl don run into bush, what a cowardice act. Stop being a Viewer.
if to sey dat biafra war was just between the ibos n yorubas-i no dey sure sey u for dey today? Or just imagine sey na yoruba man bin dey rule and not Gowon-chai! Na oyo for be naija case. from ma personal experience with a yoruba taxi driver wey carry me n we jam police for road n I carry electronic appliances with receipts wey bear ma fwend name as owner, and de police accuse us sey we dey carry stollen goods, na dia I carry knw sey yorubas sabi fear! come see ma guy na! Lol. though i stil give dem de benefit of doubt, make one of dem disprove de fact.
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by vakinola1(m): 11:33pm On Jun 12, 2016
spiralwedge:
I would gladly have been their fifth, and we would have made it to Germany. MKO would be have been sworn in by that action,especially on taking the matter to Europe.
lol
na you for go refuel the plane......
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by vakinola1(m): 11:39pm On Jun 12, 2016
lefulefu:
My uncle told me about this story when i was little.Am surprised nigerian nollywood hasnt made an action movie out of this story but then am not surprised cos in nigeria we dont keep our past history.If u ask any kid today about the nigerian civil war the child would be looking at u like u fell frm the sky cos such a child would be unfamiliar with the countrys past.I am also very sure that many of u guys here dont even know when nigeria got its indenpendence.
truth be told we don't keep records ........ but haba that's disdainful.....
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by Elliot2(m): 11:41pm On Jun 12, 2016
Holarz:
those are nt making threats alone,they perpetrate lots of acts that are causing turmoil in the country,countless of pple have passed on due to those acts....they need to knw wen to stop,
bombing refineries are dwindling the country economy nt improving it
u did not read where it was mentioned that one person died n few others injured as a result ba? let's not be bias in any debate. if at the initial time, after those guys made their demands, and being that they all have merits, and as a responsible govt, IBB had accepted it, then there wouldn't have been any more of the unfortunate drama as de actors would have gladly surrendered. But u see, despite the merit in their intentions, they were still jailed. and justice was not still served. Likewise in de case of Biafra n NDA,if only de govt had looked into the merits of their agitation, it wouldn't have gotten to these levels. U remember the Aburi accord ryt? if only Gowon had obeyed those resolutions, dat war would have been averted. we Shld understand that it is the tyranny of govt that influences most pipo to become rebellious
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by Elliot2(m): 11:52pm On Jun 12, 2016
PharmAlfred:
I have never been this moved or touched by a story. Those guys deserve to be celebrated and honoured. One in his teen and others in their early 20s could pull off a show of that magnitude.That's bravery at its peak.

nice say! we don't know that as youths, we ought to be the force that should guide the path we want the country to go. With our youthful energy, we kuld fight every injustice and tyranny of our govt n leaders who are mostly expired old men who don't know what is democracy n development of a nation. those guys r heroes, they are role models! That shows our youths should go, using every means necessary to fight injustice.
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by Elliot2(m): 11:59pm On Jun 12, 2016
bolafex:
Thanks @op.
It sure made an interesting reading and quite educative too.
To me,the boys were very brave.They are the real heroes of democracy-dem carry liver.Lol.
The problem is,when you are up against the authority,people tag u an 'enemy of the state'.It is unfortunate but that is the reality.
Maybe one day,when we have democrats in the saddle in the real sense of it,these brave men would be appreciated even if their approach would be condemned.
true talk! they r heroes! the disfavour most of us give to people like them is to cowardly align with the tyrants in govt to label them enemies of the state.

1 Like

Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by zonax(m): 3:20am On Jun 13, 2016
prettysolid:
Wow no be today dem start this their criminal activities shocked lipsrsealed

Ajibola Ogunderu
Kabir Adenuga
oluwadaisi Ososanya
Rasaq Lawal

You are a lady for June 12' sake !! You should be wiser and more peace loving than em sectarian bigots.
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by zonax(m): 3:31am On Jun 13, 2016
Their level of courage and patriotism is enviable, but then their terror styled approach very condemnable. They are better ways to drive home your demands on things than violence which has never helped.
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by Holarz(m): 6:12am On Jun 13, 2016
Elliot2:
u did not read where it was mentioned that one person died n few others injured as a result ba? let's not be bias in any debate. if at the initial time, after those guys made their demands, and being that they all have merits, and as a responsible govt, IBB had accepted it, then there wouldn't have been any more of the unfortunate drama as de actors would have gladly surrendered. But u see, despite the merit in their intentions, they were still jailed. and justice was not still served. Likewise in de case of Biafra n NDA,if only de govt had looked into the merits of their agitation, it wouldn't have gotten to these levels. U remember the Aburi accord ryt? if only Gowon had obeyed those resolutions, dat war would have been averted. we Shld understand that it is the tyranny of govt that influences most pipo to become rebellious
i'm sure a lot of pple has died by nw and the number of injured pple are countless,NDA action is totally different frm these pple's,Nda carry real guns(not toy this time around),they use missile,disasters has ensue in the region,let's face the fact broda,the only way out of this mess is dialogue,government has extended the olive branch but still they kip the bombings up and make unscruplous demand,kippin this up will only bring destruction to their region
Re: The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria by seangy4konji: 1:16am On Jun 14, 2016
This is better than reading about toke makinwa and Linda ikeji

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kiki Osinbajo Celebrates Her 27th Birthday With Lovely Photos / Kaduna Hisbah Bans Girls, Ladies From Using Mobile Phones, Wearing Sunglasses / Nigeria May Lose 24 Local Councils To UNO, New UN State By July 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.