Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Why Did You Stop Going To Church? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? (21422 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 09, 2016
They were always finding fault in me, last yr i didn't miss church for anything, they are always calling me benchwarmer, any clothe i wear to church, they will find fault in it, i should have change church buh am living with my parents they won't like it, i love going to church buh i can't keep going where everybody will be focusing on me, i hate unnecessary attention

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by pressplay411(m): 12:18pm On Oct 09, 2016
In my case,
1. I lost some lucrative jobs back to back even after playing by church rules to my best. If iNow I'm completely disconcerted with almost every message from the MOG.
So why bother when nothing permeates?

2. If per chance I have a personal spiritual encounter to lead me to believe I've gone astray as in the bible. Or a woman (the power of a woman cannot be understated)
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Coldfeets: 12:18pm On Oct 09, 2016
Monotony.

And monotony is a harbinger of boredom.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by ochubaebube(m): 12:22pm On Oct 09, 2016
our religion is the traditional religion. Christianity is a western religion. so OP don't tell us that we are loosing "our religion" if u are referring to Christianity.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by franxis(m): 12:22pm On Oct 09, 2016
DesChyko:
The reason is just one. That is preference to obey the flesh than to live in the spirit. Anything like tiredness, work to do, no light to iron clothes, e.t.c., are nothing but excuses. You can deceive others, but not yourself. It is when we have problems that our brains return to default settings.
what if it's raining heavily?
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Tunababa8v(m): 12:23pm On Oct 09, 2016
I was loosing my sanity.. So i decided to talk to God the best way i feel like instead of negative influence from pastors

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hmmmmm omo church yaf tire me sha cry

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by frubben(m): 12:27pm On Oct 09, 2016
Who nigeria church don epp undecided

All dey know is their pocket and pocket alone

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Youngzedd(m): 12:29pm On Oct 09, 2016
accountbalance:
My idea of church doesn't exist here in Nigeria. I'll go to church when I start living abroad.

No one will swindle me of my hard earned income, no people hating on each other cuz you wore a better clothe or lack of it, no competition on who to head a unit and all sort of craps.

Gbam! If you dress simple, they will be seeing you like an alien.

I don't know how to wear all those big clothes, so figuring out going to church get me sick because you will be wandering about what to wear.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by gly(m): 12:32pm On Oct 09, 2016
Bottom line:
Always see Pastors/Men of God/Religious leaders as humans! They are bound to make mistake, alter the wrong words, do things that do not sometimes reflect what the CREATOR of the HEAVENS and the EARTH (JEHOVAH GOD ALMIGHTY) commanded. That is why you should never build your wall and world around them. Establish your foundation on the Holy BOOK which is the word of GOD and HIS mind as delivered to us.
The Bible warned that "not everyone that calls the name of GOD (even pastors) belongs to him, save those that eschew iniquity", hence 2nd Timothy 2:19.

There are some persons who look up to you unknowingly in church, that mere seeing your presence in church encourage them and give them strength to face challenges of life and come out victorious because your smiles, encouragement, love and alms giving, lift them to stay on with God till the end of time. Such persons if they slide, God will not be happy with one, hence the need for the gathering.

Too many pastors have failed by yielding to materialism at the expense of the flocks and further exploiting flocks they were called to watch over. THANK GOD no one will escape JUDGEMENT on the last day, being it white throne or Judgement seat of Christ.

Let your BIBLE remain your standard and reference point. That is my own, I don't care what my pastor or people think about me.

Peace

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by raphieMontella: 12:33pm On Oct 09, 2016
ilynem:

Your opinion. You are entitled to that. But Christians know better. Wonder when you lot will stop trying to understand the interior of a house from the outside. It's not possible.
yes..like you think buddhism is a religion
and hinduism and all other religions...
They know better...
Rubbish!'

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by MadCow1: 12:35pm On Oct 09, 2016
I stopped going to Church after I realised that even God rested on the sabbath day..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by obinna58(m): 12:36pm On Oct 09, 2016
i don't go church cos nairaland has opened my eye to see the reality of life let the truth be told i don't believe in christian God anymore cos am free free from mind slavery.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by mtngloetiartel: 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
illegality:
There is no where it is written in the bible that I must go to church on Sunday....Also, I have not found in the Bible that church is a place of worship. Church is actually the people not the place you gather (the Building).

Which mean people can gather (church) any where.
ajeri spotted
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by chukuka1: 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
I get your point. Mysticism, which is the direct attunement with God from the domain of self, beckons.. There's an ancient quote, Man know thyself!
zicoraads:
Laveda...come and confess grin grin

Personally, I am at a crossroad. First, I grew up attending our 'traditional' church, all this language churches. My grandfather attended, my parents are attending and we too must attend. But I had to sit down and ask myself about my spiritual life, and I realized I don't have any. Truth be told, sometimes, attending that church leaves you more angry. And when you are not in church on Sundays, Mom would want to kill you with calls. Now though, I just stay indoors and pretend I'm ill. And thank God she hasn't decided to visit my house one of these Sundays.

Secondly, I am starting to totally lose faith in religion. I am not one of those who claim the non-existence of God. I know God exists. My problem is I am starting to think the mode of worshiping him shouldn't be as a Christian who goes to church and a Muslim who goes to mosque. Sometimes, I even believe the Muslims have a better way of worshiping him. Forget the religious fanatics, I have read the Quran and I can authoritatively say that the Bible contains too many inaccuracies compared to the Quran.

That being said, religion has created too many problems in the world than we care to admit. Maybe we would have been better off worshiping God the way we deem fit than having so many religious groups complicating our lives.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by vectoh(m): 12:44pm On Oct 09, 2016
lifezone247:
God is everywhere, you can as well be in your house praise and worship with your family, (For where two or three gather together in My name, there am I with them)
Matt. 18:20
forgt nt d fellowshp of d brethren.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by vectoh(m): 12:45pm On Oct 09, 2016
hertz9te:
Dont Know Which Church 2 Go To
Gospel faith missn int.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by lobiologs(m): 12:45pm On Oct 09, 2016
I don't believe in churches anymore, I would rather find 1 true christian and worship with him/her. I still believe in God, don't get me wrong but I do not believe in any man/men of God...

5 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Xculanta: 12:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
Who is Heru (do your research)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Omooba77: 12:52pm On Oct 09, 2016
zicoraads:
Laveda...come and confess grin grin

Personally, I am at a crossroad. First, I grew up attending our 'traditional' church, all this language churches. My grandfather attended, my parents are attending and we too must attend. But I had to sit down and ask myself about my spiritual life, and I realized I don't have any. Truth be told, sometimes, attending that church leaves you more angry. And when you are not in church on Sundays, Mom would want to kill you with calls. Now though, I just stay indoors and pretend I'm ill. And thank God she hasn't decided to visit my house one of these Sundays.

Secondly, I am starting to totally lose faith in religion. I am not one of those who claim the non-existence of God. I know God exists. My problem is I am starting to think the mode of worshiping him shouldn't be as a Christian who goes to church and a Muslim who goes to mosque. Sometimes, I even believe the Muslims have a better way of worshiping him. Forget the religious fanatics, I have read the Quran and I can authoritatively say that the Bible contains too many inaccuracies compared to the Quran.

That being said, religion has created too many problems in the world than we care to admit. Maybe we would have been better off worshiping God the way we deem fit than having so many religious groups complicating our lives.

I guess you read different Bible sir; even Quran established the Blessedness of Jesus Sura 3 &5. I have read Quran both English and Yoruba version and I open my mouth about so many things. Hebrew 10:25 encourages us about fellowship. It doesnt matter whether you go to church or not, just make sure notthing wiped your name from the book of Life Revelations 20:11-15. God bless you sir!
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by chux67: 12:52pm On Oct 09, 2016
I don't doubt God. I have firm faith absolutely in God.
It's religion I'm doubting. God is within you and You are within God.....God does not live in a building but within you. I don't go to a building called church to worship God who is within me.

9 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by mtngloetiartel: 12:53pm On Oct 09, 2016
razortruth:
Once I can get a true Bible believing church that does not emphasize money money, tithe tithe, sow seed sow seed, first fruit first fruit (this means your complete January salary without removing a penny), pastors upkeep, welfare offering, building offering, pastors appreciation offering, etc etc etc, I will immediately become a strong member there but until then...
go to kingdom hall of jehovah witneres nearest to you.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by skywalker001(m): 1:01pm On Oct 09, 2016
obinna58:
i don't go church cos nairaland has opened my eye to see the reality of life let the truth be told i don't believe in christian God anymore cos am free free from mind slavery.
u made d right choice bro, now u free from bondage of yahweh(satan) and fear of hell dat doesn't exist

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by happyday: 1:01pm On Oct 09, 2016
hahn:
Going to church to pray on Sundays is rude. undecided

The bible says in Genesis 2:2 "By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work."

Why pray on a day when god is resting. No wonder people's prayers never get answered. That is because god is on holiday and the office for answering prayers is empty. grin

It is better to pray on Monday because that is a working day and god and his angels will be at the office cheesy

People really need to read their bibles tongue

But in John 5: 17; "But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh even until now, and I work." In response to the Jews who questioned why he would heal the man, sick at the pool of Bethsaida for 38 years, on the Sabbath day.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 09, 2016
stopped going to church since I found out am better off than most Christians that do.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by tega10: 1:13pm On Oct 09, 2016
I totally agree with most of you guys, but here is the thing " God loves you no matter you state or behavior right now....." because you don't know how much he loves you can easily make you do the wrong things most times....I would recommend you guys to a book "destined to reign " by Joseph prince..and see how much your savior loves and cherish you with out him expecting nothing from you
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by braine(m): 1:16pm On Oct 09, 2016
accountbalance:
My idea of church doesn't exist here in Nigeria. I'll go to church when I start living abroad.

No one will swindle me of my hard earned income, no people hating on each other cuz you wore a better clothe or lack of it, no competition on who to head a unit and all sort of craps.

All these happen everywhere.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by wonlasewonimi: 1:16pm On Oct 09, 2016
Tithes and offering used come after the sermon but these days when pastors realised that congregation dissappear before end of the sermon, they started collecting it before sermon. This brings me to the conclusion that it's all about the money and they don't really care about me. I pray and praise the Almighty in my way and try to give directly to the needy.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by bebe2(f): 1:17pm On Oct 09, 2016
accountbalance:

May God grant u ur heart desires.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by ilynem(m): 1:20pm On Oct 09, 2016
raphieMontella:

yes..like you think buddhism is a religion
and hinduism and all other religions...
They know better...
Rubbish!'
Well, they have never claimed not to be a religion, have they?
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by bebe2(f): 1:20pm On Oct 09, 2016
braine:

All these happen everywhere.

No it doesnt,

Unless u go to a black/Nigerian church.

U will never know Wat true fellowship/brethren is until u worship with oyibo pple.

Their simplicity will only remind u of Jesus.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 09, 2016
And do not forsake the assemblies of ourselves together
lifezone247:
God is everywhere, you can as well be in your house praise and worship with your family, (For where two or three gather together in My name, there am I with them)
Matt. 18:20

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife / Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King / Do Dreams Really Matter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.