Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,191 members, 7,953,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:11 PM

Why Did You Stop Going To Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? (21715 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Nnamdikalu: 10:56am On Oct 09, 2016
DesChyko:
The reason is just one. That is preference to obey the flesh than to live in the spirit. Anything like tiredness, work to do, no light to iron clothes, e.t.c., are nothing but excuses. You can deceive others, but not yourself. It is when we have problems that our brains return to default settings.
Taaaa mechie onu there osiso,bunch of holier than thou mofos.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by lonecat: 10:57am On Oct 09, 2016
hahn:
Going to church to pray on Sundays is rude. undecided

The bible says in Genesis 2:2 "By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work."

Why pray on a day when god is resting. No wonder people's prayers never get answered. That is because god is on holiday and the office for answering prayers is empty. grin

It is better to pray on Monday because that is a working day and god and his angels will be at the office cheesy

People really need to read their bibles tongue

Sunday is not the seventh day. it is d first day of the week.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Elthugnificent(m): 10:58am On Oct 09, 2016
hahn:

The bible says in Genesis 2:2 "By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work."

Why pray on a day when god is resting. No wonder people's prayers never get answered. That is because god is on holiday and the office for answering prayers is empty. grin

It is better to pray on Monday because that is a working day and god and his angels will be at the office cheesy

Lol, this dude is Krazy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by ifycent2: 11:00am On Oct 09, 2016
johnnycrew:
Church ain't solving my problems...nothin can make me to start going to church again.

BROTHER, PLZ USE BLCOS OF GOD THAT OWN BREATH TO START GOING TO CHURCH AGAIN. No need to brag!!!!
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by kwynette(f): 11:02am On Oct 09, 2016
They don't practice what they preach

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by fyneboi79(m): 11:02am On Oct 09, 2016
vargasvictory:
It's no news that many of us Christians are fast losing our religion, a Sunday is just like any other day in our calender. What really Is the reason for this? And what could make you start going to church again.
I discovered that the church leaders commit more sins on a daily than I can commit in a year.

6 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by abidex0z(m): 11:03am On Oct 09, 2016
johnnycrew:
Church ain't solving my problems...nothin can make me to start going to church again.
same here bro..

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by samsam2019: 11:07am On Oct 09, 2016
I found the religion out to be a fraud

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Felincous(m): 11:08am On Oct 09, 2016
Buh rlly, these pple have wounded many. They preach somtin nd do otherwise, they make u feel they are scam, they want 2 live like Dangote wen Church members are like Lazarus, they want u to support their dreams @ d expense of ur own dreams, if u dnt hav time for them because u are pursuing ur dreams u'll bcome their enemy, Jesus did not own a donkey in his time buh now they want to own Jet, Nichodemus came to jesus @ night buh b4 u can c them during d day u have to pay or fill form, people that were 1st calld christian sold what they had nd shared it equaly buh they wont even borrow u money to start business or to go to skul. They keep collecting money from pple nd it turns to God's money wen it has got to them nd they are only authorised to spend God's money I'm talking abt Nigeria Church nd Pastors. I can type from now till tmao cos I hv once bin their victim. Pls stop chasing pple away frm God.

11 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by ilynem(m): 11:11am On Oct 09, 2016
zicoraads:
Laveda...come and confess grin grin

Personally, I am at a crossroad. First, I grew up attending our 'traditional' church, all this language churches. My grandfather attended, my parents are attending and we too must attend. But I had to sit down and ask myself about my spiritual life, and I realized I don't have any. Truth be told, sometimes, attending that church leaves you more angry. And when you are not in church on Sundays, Mom would want to kill you with calls. Now though, I just stay indoors and pretend I'm ill. And thank God she hasn't decided to visit my house one of these Sundays.

Secondly, I am starting to totally lose faith in religion. I am not one of those who claim the non-existence of God. I know God exists. My problem is I am starting to think the mode of worshiping him shouldn't be as a Christian who goes to church and a Muslim who goes to mosque. Sometimes, I even believe the Muslims have a better way of worshiping him. Forget the religious fanatics, I have read the Quran and I can authoritatively say that the Bible contains too many inaccuracies compared to the Quran.

That being said, religion has created too many problems in the world than we care to admit. Maybe we would have been better off worshiping God the way we deem fit than having so many religious groups complicating our lives.
Religion has created many problems. Not Christianity. And the Bible has more inaccuracies than the Quran? Really? I don't know what you read but it's definitely not the Quran.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by danidee10(m): 11:13am On Oct 09, 2016
hahn:

If God really rested on Sunday....the world would have turned upside down on Sunday 16th 17 B.C cheesy

You get my point though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 09, 2016
Once I can get a true Bible believing church that does not emphasize money money, tithe tithe, sow seed sow seed, first fruit first fruit (this means your complete January salary without removing a penny), pastors upkeep, welfare offering, building offering, pastors appreciation offering, etc etc etc, I will immediately become a strong member there but until then...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by otokx(m): 11:18am On Oct 09, 2016
What positive impact has the church on Nigeria or Africa as a whole?

South Africa is still reaping the benefits of Apartheid till tomorrow whereas Nigerians are clapping hands and deceiving themselves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Badge1: 11:19am On Oct 09, 2016
megxo:
Evening mass na him sure pass... wink
Abi o..... tank God I dont see my broda. I d3 wait til 6pm
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Lexxyburg(m): 11:19am On Oct 09, 2016
I dunno I just stopped

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by DesChyko: 11:20am On Oct 09, 2016
Nnamdikalu:
Taaaa mechie onu there osiso,bunch of holier than thou mofos.

Did you notice the use of 'we' there?

That is a first person pronoun which comprises the speaker and others.

Please, quote the right post that deserves your comment.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:21am On Oct 09, 2016
zicoraads:

Personally, I am at a crossroad. First, I grew up attending our 'traditional' church, all this language churches. My grandfather attended, my parents are attending and we too must attend. But I had to sit down and ask myself about my spiritual life, and I realized I don't have any. Truth be told, sometimes, attending that church leaves you more angry. And when you are not in church on Sundays, Mom would want to kill you with calls. Now though, I just stay indoors and pretend I'm ill. And thank God she hasn't decided to visit my house one of these Sundays.

Secondly, I am starting to totally lose faith in religion. I am not one of those who claim the non-existence of God. I know God exists. My problem is I am starting to think the mode of worshiping him shouldn't be as a Christian who goes to church and a Muslim who goes to mosque. Sometimes, I even believe the Muslims have a better way of worshiping him. Forget the religious fanatics, I have read the Quran and I can authoritatively say that the Bible contains too many inaccuracies compared to the Quran.

That being said, religion has created too many problems in the world than we care to admit. Maybe we would have been better off worshiping God the way we deem fit than having so many religious groups complicating our lives.

Even in Iceland, they are now going back to their old religion that they had abandoned for more than a millennium. Many Iceland citizens are worshipping Thors and Odin.
What I noticed about Christianity is, many are losing interest in it. Even in US many churches are bought by muslims converted to mosques.
Quran being accurate than Bible, yes you are right. Even Maurice Buccaile a french physician attested to it in his book. The bible, quran and science.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by AbuMikey(m): 11:22am On Oct 09, 2016
I stopped 'going' to Church, because I'm now a Free thinking Deist.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Akaujaa(m): 11:22am On Oct 09, 2016
The Bible (word of God) is my church.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Reader530(m): 11:24am On Oct 09, 2016
zicoraads:

A liar and hypocrite. Even Prophet Muhammad says in Quran that He is not sure of salvation. Where Quran permits killing, you are seeing accuracy. I don't blame u as u are a Big Muslim. in Hadith, Allah pray to Satan, is it not true?

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by naijareferee: 11:24am On Oct 09, 2016
Because of the so many lies... Always preaching to suit their ego... I have not stopped attending churces though...but i stopped attending redeem... The first day osibanjo accepted that nomination and thus started lying...

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by raphieMontella: 11:25am On Oct 09, 2016
ilynem:

Religion has created many problems. Not Christianity. And the Bible has more inaccuracies than the Quran? Really? I don't know what you read but it's definitely not the Quran.
baba dont gimme that crap!

Christianity is a religion!

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by ilynem(m): 11:39am On Oct 09, 2016
raphieMontella:

baba dont gimme that crap!

Christianity is a religion!
Your opinion. You are entitled to that. But Christians know better. Wonder when you lot will stop trying to understand the interior of a house from the outside. It's not possible.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Reader530(m): 11:42am On Oct 09, 2016
A liar and hypocrite. Even Prophet Muhammad says in Quran that He is not sure of salvation. Where Quran permits killing, you are seeing accuracy. I don't blame u as u are a Big Muslim. in Hadith, Allah pray to Satan, is it not true?
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by hertz9te(m): 11:53am On Oct 09, 2016
saammyy:
U are joking, right?
no am nt
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by raphieMontella: 11:57am On Oct 09, 2016
Immorttal:
Judging by the comments so far. so many niggaz are actually secret atheist. shocked
a lot of atheists are in nigeria...like a lot...

6 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by skywalker001(m): 11:58am On Oct 09, 2016
i stop goin 2 church since i learnt "religion is a scam" and not goin 2 church doesn't mak me a bad person

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by noziz(m): 12:05pm On Oct 09, 2016
I think d reason y some pple v stopped going to church is perhaps dey v not seen results....
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by MattFreeman007(m): 12:05pm On Oct 09, 2016
Not Going Or Going To Church Doesn't Guarantee That, One Would Make Heaven..God is God Yesterday,Today And Forever ; In Wisdom, he gave his commandments for Mankind To Follow....GOD Almighty Is The Maker Of Heaven And Earth And Only HIM That HE IS will decide who enters it... Be you Christian o, Budhist o, Jewish o, Pegan o, Muslim o, Olumba Olumba...Any Religion U Like Practice, Na GOD hand e dey make heaven... Christianity Is The Best Religion But It Being Practiced By Worst People; Pretenders And Fraudstars Have Taken Over The Church Of God.. "Love Your Neighbor As Thy Self" yet your pastor drives 5 jets and the congregation wallow in abject poverty.. You a pastor or bishop but u see no sin in sleeping with married women in your church; general overseer whose goes about with armed security men and you call yourself men of god Honestly There is no Joy In Going To Church Anymore Because It Can't Guarantee My Salvation...!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 09, 2016
iDunno embarassed
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Karlovich: 12:07pm On Oct 09, 2016
Because d christian god fcked someone's wife(mary) and threatned to deal with his husband (joseph) if he doesn't go ahead and marry her. he then murdered his bastard son when he turned 33 i.e the product of his adultery. Praise be to yahweh

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Satanic Suggestions While Serving God / God Used Pastor Adeboye's Wood To Heal A Mad Woman / Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.