Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,418 members, 7,958,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:06 AM

Why Did You Stop Going To Church? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? (21725 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by braine(m): 1:23pm On Oct 09, 2016
Karlovich:
Because d christian god fcked someone's wife(mary) and threatned to deal with his husband (joseph) if he doesn't go ahead and marry her. he then murdered his bastard son when he turned 33 i.e the product of his adultery. Praise be to yahweh

Lol. You need Jesus in your life.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by braine(m): 1:24pm On Oct 09, 2016
bebe2:

No it doesnt,

Unless u go to a black/Nigerian church.

U will never know Wat true fellowship/brethren is until u worship with oyibo pple.

Their simplicity will only remind u of Jesus.

Yes if its with with people, I completely agree with you. But then, those ones could be racist.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 09, 2016
Because it didn't make sense anymore to me.

6 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 09, 2016
Karlovich:
Because d christian god fcked someone's wife(mary) and threatned to deal with his husband (joseph) if he doesn't go ahead and marry her. he then murdered his bastard son when he turned 33 i.e the product of his adultery. Praise be to yahweh

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by honestivo(m): 1:26pm On Oct 09, 2016
lifezone247
Been a christian is much more than that if christianity is a family thing as you said who will carry out God number mandate (reconciliation/soul wining/evangelism)1cor9:16-17 james1:21-25 matt 10:8-7. Matt 9:37-38
post=46495873:

God is everywhere, you can as well be in your house praise and worship with your family, (For where two or three gather together in My name, there am I with them)
Matt. 18:20
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Crixina(f): 1:27pm On Oct 09, 2016
Cos I can't really relate to anything going on there anymore, I went today after a while, felt like I was trying so hard to fit in.

so so fake testimonies of CGPA upgrade by God, through doing of rigorous soul winning, last time i checked even the bible says study to show yourself approved...it's only in Nigeria that studying to pass exams is a miracle.

6 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by honestivo(m): 1:27pm On Oct 09, 2016
Been a christian is much more than that if christianity is a family thing as you said who will carry out God number mandate (reconciliation/soul wining/evangelism)1cor9:16-17 james1:21-25 matt 10:8-7. Matt 9:37-38

post=46495873]God is everywhere, you can as well be in your house praise and worship with your family, (For where two or three gather together in My name, there am I with them)
Matt. 18:20[/quote]
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Danny4show(m): 1:28pm On Oct 09, 2016
JESUS!!!
Now I realize why JESUS is pleading on our behalf...
sincerely there are lots of souls to be won, let your kingdom tarry Lord so we can all make ammendments and correct our ways...
please renew our minds and give us the grace to hold on till you arrive....Amen
Remember the sabbath day and do keep it holy...
shalom...

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by bebe2(f): 1:31pm On Oct 09, 2016
braine:

Yes if its with with people, I completely agree with you. But then, those ones could be racist.

If they are true Christian's they won't be racist.

Even if they are they won't practice it in church.

Becos of me and a few black pple in our church , the whites now demand for jollof rice every celebration.

When u need help, they will come out in full force. Don't be surprise to see the bishop of ur diocese in the children section rolling on the floor playin games with the children.

Nothing is a secret, u can go to ur vicars house at any time. They will tell u it a working vicarage.

It's so liberating.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by hahn(m): 1:36pm On Oct 09, 2016
happyday:

But in John 5: 17; "But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh even until now, and I work." In response to the Jews who questioned why he would heal the man, sick at the pool of Bethsaida for 38 years, on the Sabbath day.

Who else did he heal?
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by lordthree(m): 1:40pm On Oct 09, 2016
Haven't gone to church for months now and every Sunday my mom thinks I'm the anti christ, I think I know what's right and wrong I know what to do so I don't hurt my fellow man, I went to church for years was in children's department as a kid but now, I just feel drained, I know God exists but I just feel like going to a church doesn't automatically make me a saint I know for a fact I'm much better than half the people pretending every Sunday going to church.. I haven't prayed for a while now, not because I don't believe God, but because I think he'd be alright with one less person begging him for stuff

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Zenlife: 1:40pm On Oct 09, 2016
Kondomatic:
Real Christians don't have any religion to loose.

Christianity is just their way of life.

Kindly define or explain "Christianity Is just their way of life", beyond been a new age over-flogged cliche now floating around moreso in denial or lack of cogent convincing lntelligent or inspired explanation or dialogue.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 09, 2016
mtngloetiartel:
go to kingdom hall of jehovah witneres nearest to you.
I never said I needed a heresy and bible twisters "Kingdom hall", please
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by raphieMontella: 1:47pm On Oct 09, 2016
ilynem:
Well, they have never claimed not to be a religion, have they?
yep..there's no religion in the world...

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by DesChyko: 1:52pm On Oct 09, 2016
franxis:
what if it's raining heavily?

That was today's excuse grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Aceed: 1:53pm On Oct 09, 2016
hahn:
Going to church to pray on Sundays is rude. undecided

The bible says in Genesis 2:2 "By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work."

Why pray on a day when god is resting. No wonder people's prayers never get answered. That is because god is on holiday and the office for answering prayers is empty. grin

It is better to pray on Monday because that is a working day and god and his angels will be at the office cheesy

People really need to read their bibles tongue

Looks like someone has forgotten that Saturday is the seventh and last day of the week?! undecided
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Bollinger(m): 1:55pm On Oct 09, 2016
vargasvictory:
It's no news that many of us Christians are fast losing our religion, a Sunday is just like any other day in our calender. What really Is the reason for this? And what could make you start going to church again.

You are losing your faith because your faith was based on the wrong reasons. Poverty, pain and disease makes people very religious. This is why Nigerians look up to God.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by xteeeee(m): 2:06pm On Oct 09, 2016
does going make you a better person? apparently unlikely, so why not relax at home then think of how to live a better like generally! cool

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Kalbes: 2:18pm On Oct 09, 2016
Its da bible that said where two or more r gathered he is there in thier midst according to mathew 18:18-20.we called ourself Christians i. e christ followers even d jesus christ himself attend temple so wat more of us?

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by collinskoko14: 2:19pm On Oct 09, 2016
Stopped going to church when I realized the secret truths behind what the bible is truly all about and how the pastors have turned the churches into business centres

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Zenlife: 2:20pm On Oct 09, 2016
malvisguy212:
yes, God is everywhere, and were 2 or 3 are gathering, God is their.... This is just an excuse many christian use, the road to back slid is step by step. Even the apostles which this verse are directed at, tether together to worship God. Jesus enter the synagogue (church) quote from the book of isaiah.

How's it an excuse?
There you go, quick to rebuke it.
Is the inference that such a family's gathering or prayer won't be blessed? Because that's the premise here.
If not so, then your citation is the excuse to wanna make folks go to gathering of sinners, thieves, robbers, prostitutes, etc. Aren't these the kinda ppl supposedly expected in church so their 'sinned' souls can be saved as requested by the bible?

Now picture this:
The pastor opens his/ her church doors on a Sunday.
Consequently, here comes in these societal known notorious vagrants requested and expected to be in church by the bible dressed in you guess how. Will you go back there to worship next church day alone or with your family? Don't think so!
most likely, they won't pay tithes, but observe and device how collections will be stolen.
If this actually continues every church day, no one will tell the pastor that's time to close up shop.

However these are the likes of church goers today disguised in fancy attire; mere wolves in sheep clothing!

So all things considered, it makes much more sense to be within your domicile with family and or friends and worship safely, untainted, by those vagabonds the bible expects in the sin house... the church!

To each his own folks.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by francisbiz: 2:21pm On Oct 09, 2016
DesChyko:
The reason is just one. That is preference to obey the flesh than to live in the spirit. Anything like tiredness, work to do, no light to iron clothes, e.t.c., are nothing but excuses. You can deceive others, but not yourself. It is when we have problems that our brains return to default settings.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Zenlife: 2:28pm On Oct 09, 2016
TrollTrap:

You're hellbound fam lol

Judging!
Is that what your pastor taught you today?
Not a Christian trait.
Attend bible studies.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by accountbalance: 2:33pm On Oct 09, 2016
braine:

All these happen everywhere.

At least it won't be as bad as it happens here.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by happyday: 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2016
hahn:

Who else did he heal?
Mark 1:23 - Jesus drove out an evil spirit
Mark 3:3, 4 - Jesus healed a man with a deformed hand
John 9:14 - Jesus healed a man born blind
Luke 13:10, 14 - Jesus healed a crippled woman
Luke 14:1, 4 - Jesus healed a man with dropsy

All on the Sabbath day.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by greggng: 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2016
vargasvictory:
It's no news that many of us Christians are fast losing our religion, a Sunday is just like any other day in our calender. What really Is the reason for this? And what could make you start going to church again.

I stopped going to church cos church goers don't worship Ggd in spirit and truth anymore. How can you explain that people chose to ve double standard to how the comport themselves in church vis a vis how the handle other activities ie the corruption in the nation. Must people that led us to were we re now go to church every Sunday yet they re monsters in mismanagement and looting. Going to church has never made any difference in church goers life.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by nurusystem(m): 2:54pm On Oct 09, 2016
Jadonjack:
I stopped going to church cos every church I attended always have there ladies covered up from neck to ankle....

But now, I go to church every sunday cos I'v found a church I can view live nude pics even without wasting 1kb of my data...

Please, lemme quickly go have my bath, I hate being late to church!!!

Bro repent is a sin to see unclad,,instead of that stop goin to church,. God will reward u better ,if otherwise enter any mosque with peace & love..
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by EreluY(f): 2:54pm On Oct 09, 2016
[size=15pt]BECAUSE I NOW REALISE THAT, LIKE A CHILD WHO BELIEVES SANTA EXISTS AND DELIVERS CHRISTMAS GIFTS ON CHRISTMAS EVE, THE IDEA OF GOD IS A SCAM.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by excanny: 2:55pm On Oct 09, 2016
Found out religion was bullshit.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by EreluY(f): 2:56pm On Oct 09, 2016
OP, IF THIS IS A DATA COLLECTION STRATEGY. THEN YOU'RE A SCAMMER. NO INFORMED CONSENT GIVEN. lol.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by adconline(m): 2:59pm On Oct 09, 2016
Did Christ go to any Church?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards / Anglican Church Members Protest Against Their Bishop In Delta For Looting (Pics) / God Used Pastor Adeboye's Wood To Heal A Mad Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.