Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church (14570 Views)

I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That? / "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" / 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 12, 2016
ollah1:
Don't deceive urself u r paying any tithe to your God. You are only enriching ur pastor. God accepts no tithe in form of money
u de c road jare...2 crates of orijin 4 u
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by heskeyw(m): 12:42pm On Jun 12, 2016
Our relationship and closeness to GOD almighty is not measured by taking attendance. Going to church doesn't make you a good christian vice versa.
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by Obiohai: 12:46pm On Jun 12, 2016
There is one principle which God put in place. It's not a respected of religion and would apply in any part of the world with whoever.
That is the the principle of SOWING AND REAPING. If you sow you shall reap. It applies to giving also. THOSE WHO GIVE RECEIVE.
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 12, 2016
emrain:
Please guys epp me. Will DSTV accept my monthly subscription even though I don't have a TV?
yes very well, it's left to you if you want to connect your decoder to a TV. Next...

1 Like

Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by NancyAgolokigho(f): 12:53pm On Jun 12, 2016
First,@ Frobels read MALACHI 3:7-10(Biblical evidence of tithing).
Secondly,for those who said God "accepts" tithes irrespective of your church attendance read Deuteronomy 12:5-6.

Lastly,remember not only the "prayers of a sinner" but also the sacrifice of a sinner is an abomination before God.

Calvary greetings to you all dearly beloved.

2 Likes

Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by ettaetta(m): 12:55pm On Jun 12, 2016
Ghost447:
Support your assertion with biblical provisions.
Romans 10:17 New International Version (NIV)
17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.

When u go to church and listen to the word of God it builds your faith in God, and you grow stronger as a christian. Thats why i said its more important to go to church than staying at home to pay your tithes

1 Like

Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by oyejideogunjumo: 12:59pm On Jun 12, 2016
Blackberrybabes:
I am not a regular Church goer. Infact it's been more than a year since I stepped into any church. But one thing I don't joke of is my tithe. I pay that regularly and do that randomly to churches around me.

And when it comes to giving offerings, I am one of the most generous young guy you can meet. I give alms bountifully and pay some young people's school fees.

Now my question is. Are my tithes and offering acceptable to God since I don't worship in any Church.

God needs your personal relationship or fellowship wt Him before ur tithe. He wants you close to Him in fellowship with other brethren as iron sharpens iron.Your tith is reckoned with only when your heart is acceptable to Him.
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by DedeNkem: 1:09pm On Jun 12, 2016
Blackberrybabes:
I am not a regular Church goer. Infact it's been more than a year since I stepped into any church. But one thing I don't joke of is my tithe. I pay that regularly and do that randomly to churches around me.

And when it comes to giving offerings, I am one of the most generous young guy you can meet. I give alms bountifully and pay some young people's school fees.

Now my question is. Are my tithes and offering acceptable to God since I don't worship in any Church.

It's interesting to see someone who's so proud of being extorted. Churches don't care if you come every Sunday as long as you give them your money.

Any money you give to a church goes straight into the pocket of the church owner. Every church is an extortion house!

Instead of giving your hard earned money to thieves who own churches, give the money to any orphanage near you and you will be glad you did.
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by abisola192(f): 1:15pm On Jun 12, 2016
Blackberrybabes:

Paying your tithe is a necessary thing to do as a believer, however you need to attend church... Paying your tithes in one church means you have decided to serve and worship God under that ministry and as such the blessings and grace attached to that ministry (church) flows down to you as a tither.. Forget what people say about so called men of God eating up the tithe.. All that matters is that you are doing what the Father has commanded, they will drfinitely face judgment ... BTW , am really interested in why you have stopped attending church.. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by FOLLEY20(m): 1:21pm On Jun 12, 2016
Look, stop decieving urself with d work of service like tith, it's not acceptable. U need to 1st give ur self/life to God thru Christ Jesus b4 ur offering would be accepted. PERIOD.
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by Ijobaorun(m): 1:24pm On Jun 12, 2016
[quote author=Blackberrybabes post=46498536]I am not a regular Church goer. Infact it's been more than a year since I stepped into any church. But one thing I don't joke of is my tithe. I pay that regularly and do that randomly to churches around me.

Payment of TITHE is not the TICKET to heaven, Jesus is the only way! If you know Him (Jesus) as your Savior, He will teach you what to do with your tithe.
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by TI1919(m): 1:26pm On Jun 12, 2016
[quote author=frosbel2 post=46498902][/quote]
Your word says it we are brothers in Christ
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by ajsans: 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
yorex2011:
Life is very simple..
Whether you believe in God or Not.. Be kind, be forgiving, do what is right, try to live a good life, even if you have imperfections, work on them, see the good in others and be a source of hope to the hopeless..

These things are very powerful..

Many a times, you impact people with the kind of life you live and not the kind of church you go to or the level of your intelligence (for the atheists)..

OP.. Be at peace with yourself.. Do what makes you happy, and also make others happy..

Try to go to church, not just to worship God but to meet others who are less fortunate than you are but come to church believing they will find solace and hope...
Be that solace and hope to them

And your kindness will speak for you in the day when all remain silent and trouble looms.

God bless you
Words on marble
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by akin33(m): 1:41pm On Jun 12, 2016
King James Bible Proverb 15:8
The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.

Proverbs 21:27, The sacrifice of the wicked is abomination; how much more , when he bringeth it with a wicked mind?
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by basadenet: 1:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
Going to church regularly is not compulsory, paying your tithes regularly is the key. Your tithes is acceptable by God.
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by slimmax: 1:51pm On Jun 12, 2016
dovezeeta:
Hebrew 7:8 ,this verse wld convince u to continue paying your tithes to God n not being worry abt mortal men...
Please read through to 7:13 and understand
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by opius: 1:51pm On Jun 12, 2016
Blackberrybabes:

Hw do u pay ur tithe and offering since is up to a year d last time u stepped into any church ?
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by Opeolami(m): 2:18pm On Jun 12, 2016
Blackberrybabes:

You are only following biblical principles which work for any man who can follow them but when we heaven two thing, you must give your life to Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal saviour then the fellowship with other brethren is important.
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by laurel500(m): 2:21pm On Jun 12, 2016
frosbel2:
Paying tithes is like pouring money down a black hole because in 99% of cases it is not used for the welfare of PEOPLE with REAL NEEDS, it is used to build empires for crooks masquerading as men of god and further what in their opinion, is the gospel or perhaps the kingdom of God. In addition they spend the money on their needs and that of their families, friends , cronies, girl friends etc.

Besides paying tithes is not biblical.

Paying tithe is not biblical
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 12, 2016
Zedoo:

How does this thing you just blabbered look to you who wrote it.... Oga/madam you are now a judge of character abi? So he can't put his babe's pic on his d.p? Does it matter? Christians of nowadays just sooo blind and judgmental!

1) Her sex status shows F but her write up shows Male(yu ll see if yu not blind)

2) I'm not christian(yu ll also knw if yu not blind)

My dear broda, charity they say begins at home, this means how honest yu are with little things will definitely determine how honest you ll be with bigger things.

If yu can't be sincere with yur cyber life, what makes you think yu ll be any less diff in yur words?!!
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by naijamerican: 2:31pm On Jun 12, 2016
Blackberrybabes:

Of course they are. The church loves money more than God himself. You will always be welcomed in the church when holding large amounts of money!
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by JUBILEE2000: 3:02pm On Jun 12, 2016
tonytony208:

Which church do you go to and which bible do you read? You are clearly an antichrist.

give one reason why you think he is an antichrist?
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by MrRichmond: 3:08pm On Jun 12, 2016
it's a simple question the op didn't ask if his Christian life is acceptable unto god, he asked if his tithe was acceptable. And the answer is yes, because the tithe u pay isn't for god but for the pastors and they will gladly accept it. shikena!
there is no need for the long sermons u pple are typing in here!
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by Gibz02: 3:32pm On Jun 12, 2016
references to tithe paying.Mal 3vs 10.tithe is important to any Believer,And tithe is to be paid to ur spiritual father not anybody.Bless u
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by avril9(f): 3:57pm On Jun 12, 2016
Blackberrybabes:

God is a spiritual being we don't see but must worship in spirit n truth however 1 of d reason we go to church is to get serviced and boost our faith in God(cos there is a possiblity to stop believeing in him wen d trials of life hits u)my advice if u can't go always,try going once in a while.As 4 d issue of paying tithes do wat u believe in n wat works 4 u, however I must commend ur giving grace n d way u show compassion even without being constantly nagged to do so,u prove2 God u can love him by loving ur brothers who u see 1john 4:20,u give n do gud without being told 2 do so unlike many christians dat hv 2 wait for d pastors to beg dem 2 do so,even our churches these dayz only kn how to collect n not give bk or how else wud a church dat is so rich even d world calls dem rich continue 2 preach abt giving 2 d church without talking abt helping ur brothers who r in need. My take until d church tirelessly preach abt helping ur brothers a slogan during or after service they r all bunch of money making ventures.(Even d white missionaries dat brought d church sponsored kids to skool n did so many tinz for their members while d black man church is just out to collect)
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by Ghost447(m): 4:01pm On Jun 12, 2016
ettaetta:
Romans 10:17 New International Version (NIV)
17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.

When u go to church and listen to the word of God it builds your faith in God, and you grow stronger as a christian. Thats why i said its more important to go to church than staying at home to pay your tithes
Yes, but it also has to do with our individual persuasion as seen in Romans 14:5-6 (NKJV)
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by onem(m): 4:02pm On Jun 12, 2016
[quote author=frosbel2 post=46498623]Paying tithes is like pouring money down a black hole because in 99% of cases it is not used for the welfare of PEOPLE with REAL NEEDS, it is used to build empires for crooks masquerading as men of god and further what in their opinion, is the gospel or perhaps the kingdom of God. In addition they spend the money on their needs and that of their families, friends , cronies, girl friends etc.

Please read your Holy Bible and not what you're told

Numbers 18: 24 But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as an heave offering unto the Lord, I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance.

Malachi 3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. [9] Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. [10] Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

Hebrew 7:5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham: [6] But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises. [7] And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better. [8] And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them , of whom it is witnessed that he liveth. [9] And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham. [10] For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 12, 2016
reserved for you ^^^^
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by jessywake(f): 4:18pm On Jun 12, 2016
My dear your tithes and assistance re acceptable to God so far u give with a free heart and without asking for anything in return. Church is in the heart. Some go to church today just to show off while some is just to watch the big English the pastor speaks etc. Blessed re those who gives than those who receives!
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by Rapture4real(m): 4:29pm On Jun 12, 2016
Your life before your tithes.It's a waste of money not recognised by God.Tithes is paid as your response to God's love in promoting His work.So church first before your tithes.Tithes is biblical Matt.23:23.If you study the text well Jesus did not condemn tithing but our life first.Tithing Neill not replace righteousness
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by Christafarian(m): 4:37pm On Jun 12, 2016
emrain:
Please guys epp me. Will DSTV accept my monthly subscription even though I don't have a TV?
And you think this is logically sound?
Going by your analogy, DSTV, of course may be interpretable to mean the church, but cannot be interpreted to mean, GOD.
If your life does not please God, any offering in whatever guise will not be accepted by Him. Q.E.D
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by tonytony208(m): 4:37pm On Jun 12, 2016
JUBILEE2000:

give one reason why you think he is an antichrist?

The scriptures support tithe. Not just tithes, but tithes and offering.

Will you say politics is wrong because politicians play it dirty?

In the same way, tithe payment can't be said to be wrong just because pastors spend it wrongly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? / No Matter The Economy Of The Jungle.i Can Never Eat Grass...it Is Not Pride... / Why Use The Letter 'X' When Referring To Christians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.